Mistreated and Rejected

By ReadsBooksForFun

Chloe was beaten and abused by her pack. Her mate rejecting her is the last straw. Unable to deal with it all... More

1.) What I call my Life
2.) Mate?!
3.) Bye.
4.) Unbearable Shifting
5.) Wolf to Human
6.) New people or New wolves?
7.) New Pack
8.) Getting to Know Each Other
9.) Training
10.) Scars
11.) Climbing in the Past
13.) Pranks and Training
14.) Finding Hope
15.) Pack A Who?
16.) Bring on the Pain
17.) Good Byes and Hell No's
18.) Get the Job Done
19.) Fam, Jam
20.) Forgive?
21.) Who Signed Me Up For This?
22.) Team Work
23.) Finding Her
24.) Loss
25.) Pain, Pain, Go Away
26.) Men in black pants, and green shirts
27.) Note

12.) White Wolf and Were Mates

213K 6K 1K
By ReadsBooksForFun

   The shift wasn't as bad as the first one. I felt my bones breaking and replacing. Mending in a different shape. My hands started to go and my legs. I fell on my knees. My back cracked and replaced.  This all happened in a matter of minutes.

   Stretching out my paws in front of me. I heard my wolf purr in content. I almost laughed at her in my mind. I could see her ready for anything. She still or should I say we still had the claw marks on our back. She had that sad look but not as worn out as before. Still it was an improvement.

   I moved out from behind the tree to see the rest were in the clearing. I walked along a little ways on a trail and stood in the shadows and watched.

   Mike and Matt were chasing what I think was Zoe. She was a golden honey colour. Luke was sneaking up on Mike. And chase? Where was he? Oh there he was. On the other end of the clearing. Looking around.

   His eyes landed on mine. We started at each other. He had the most expression pair of eyes. Most wouldn't see the emotions in them. But I could. But the look he gave me was something I haven't  seen in a long time . I think it was..... fondness.

   What was he thinking?

   I like him. Angelina said in a soft whisper that floated through my mind.

"As do I."  I reported. And I did. Is that what I felt for him? Fondness? I stepped out of the shadows and into the clearing. The others stopped fooling around and looked at me. Oh that's right I was a rare wolf. They probably never seen one before. Oh joy.

    Luke's kind voice floated into my mind.  "You didn't tell us you were a white wolf. "

   "I didn't think it was of importance. I didn't want you to treat me any different. You wouldn't, will you?" The question in my voice.

    It wasn't Luke who answered me, it was Chase  "We won't dream of it"  He said in a calm and collected voice. Then he said

    "Better run!" Before hopping up and running from the other end of the clearing. I spun around and run off. Laughing inside my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's P.O.V.

    I watched as Chase leaned down and whispered something to Chloe. She instantly relaxed and moved into him. Unnoticed by either that she had done that or that my beta was breathing heavily. It was plain  to me that they shared some kind of connection. She said something back that made Chases face ball up in worry. Wow she had him around  her small finger.

    Chase turned towards me and nodded before heading over to a tree and shifting. I wondered about Chloe's wolf. What colour would it be? There was something about that girl. I thought as I went behind to shift.

    Not many wolves were black. But they weren't rare. Not like white wolves. There were only a handful of them. Maybe 6 and then I think there's less. The Moon Goddess blesses them. They have courage, strength, balance and are swift.

    Stepping out in my wolf form I called to the others in the pack link and told them to head to the clearing.  I watched as the twins and Zoe started to roll around. Chase came and sat at the end of the clearing. He never really played with the other wolves. He sat by and watched.

   I was going after Mike , when I stopped and looked over to see Chloe in her wolf form. She had the same bright blue eyes. What made me talk was the fact she never told us she was a white wolf. Or the fact that I could see her brothers claw marks on her back

   Before I could answer the question she had just asked me. Chase answered. Then he started to chase her. He never and I mean never plays in wolf form.

   I watch as the disappeared in the woods and far from sight with my mouth open. The others were starting too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chase P.O.V.

    I watched as she turned around and started to run away from me. This was so much fun. I felt like myself around her. I run as fast as I could and yet she still managed to run a little ahead of me. I never knew she was so fast. I know she was really strong, mentally. And was braver than anyone I have met.

    Chloe zipped and zagged through trees. Me chasing her everywhere. Where ever she was I would gladly follow. She started to tire and I took this as a way to get her. I reached up and pulled on her tail a little with my teeth, she jumped. I rolled on top of her and we went crashing down.

    When we got up her laughter rang in my head.  She had a Wolfe grin and was breathing heavily as I was too. We started to walk back to the pack house.

    The sun started to set as we stopped for a drink at the lake. We were about to go get our clothes and head back to the pack house with the gang when I heard Chloe's soft whimper.

   We had played all day long. Me chasing her and her chasing me. She was all tired out. I walked over to her sleeping form and laid down beside her. She was so pretty while she slept. So peaceful. I heard a branch snap and whipped my head around.

   My paw went over Chloe as I stood up. I growled low in my throat as Chloe woke up. She looked startled, until she heard another snap.

   I place my front paws over Chloe in a protective state. No one was going to hurt her. Not ever again.

   Just as something was coming out of the bushes Chloe yipped. I tilted my head. The thing that came out was a two year old baby.

   Chloe jumped up and licked the pup. It was a werewolf by the smell of it. The baby laughed and grabbed on to her and  buried his face in her neck.

   "Chase. Its a baby. We can't leave him he. " Chloe's worried voice floated in my mind. I was about to answer when the baby boy said " mommy" to Chloe. She yipped in response. I tilted my head to the side puzzled. Why had she yipped?

   "He has no family Chase. Remember what Luke said? There was a hunter attack and almost everyone was killed? He must of come from there. I don't know how I know. It just feels like he lost his parents. "

   "We better bring him to the pack house. Come on lets get dressed "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chloe P.O.V.

   We walked back with the baby in my arms. I had named him Logan. He looked like a Logan. He had bright blue eyes and had chases colour hair. He looked like our son.

    I wonder what our son would look like. I mean if we were ever to be together. But having a baby. What would he or she look like? I might never know. He still has a mate out there.

    Snapping my head out of my thought, I saw we had arrived at the pack house. Pulling the baby closer to me, we walked into the house.

~~~LATER~~~

    After explaining, Luke called all the packs in the area and no one had reported a missing child. Luke had said it was most likely an orphan. It broke my heart that this little baby had no parents. We were trying to decide what to do when Logan spoke. We had agreed to call him that.

   “Mommy!” Awe! I had a giant grin on. than an idea popped into my head. “ Can we keep him?” The boys looked shocked. Only Zoe had an understanding smile on. She looked longingly at the baby.

   “Why not have Zoe take Logan? She cares for him and wants him, why not?” I asked

   Zoe had the biggest grin on. Like someone gave her a million dollars. I had found out that she couldn't have children, but she loved them to death.  

   After giving Logan to Zoe and her mate Gabe, and sorting the final details, we all headed off to bed.

~~~~~~~~LATER~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Up in my room, I got into the shower and dressed in sort pj sorts and a tank top. I didn't know how I was going to go to sleep. I knew for a fact that I will be having nightmares. I have been having them lately. There about James. Sometimes about him hurting me. Him killing me and the worst is him dying.

    I know, I know. Him dying is the worst? It is for me. Even if he did do everything that he has done, He is still my mate whether I like it or not.

   I fell asleep around 1 in the morning. Not a nice deep sleep. A light hard slumber. I woke up with a slight yelp. I had a dream about James and Alex. They both died in front of me.

   I got up and wandered the hallways, I remembered when Mike and Matt gave me the tour. That the door I was standing outside was Chases. I knocked lightly on the door so that if he was asleep I wouldn’t bother him.

   I was about to leave when the door opened and a shirtless Chase looked outside. ‘Chloe?” He mumbled still sleepy. "What are you doing here?”

   “I was...um...could....would it be alright if I slept with you tonight? I had a bad dream.” I rushed the ending, looking anywhere but at Chase. He was only wearing boxers that hung really low. He just walked back in and waved his hand. I felt glad. He always made me feel safe.

    Flowing him in I quickly took in his room. It was a pale yellow colour that I could see, It was quite dark. I saw a king sized four poster bed and two dressers on each side. There was a lamp on the right side and a book on the left. I saw a closet over to the other side of the room.

    Chase pulled the covers back and went on the bed, patting the space next to him. Slowly making my way over there I slide in next to him. Careful to keep my distance. Just as I was settling in, almost asleep, Chase put his arm on my waist and pulled me over to him. Leaving his arm loosely on my waist. I felt so at peace that I fell asleep at once.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 74.5K 90
Soul mates An invisible force that ties the fate of two people together in a strong unbinding red thread of love. The person with whom you fall in lo...
341K 9.3K 37
COMPLETED **First book in the Powerful But Broken Trilogy** I am Braelynn, the punching bag of my pack. I have been wanting to find my mate to take m...
78.3K 2.3K 23
Not your typical rejection story. You know the stories of the broken abused girl, who gets rejected by her mate only to run away become badass and th...
55.2K 1.5K 49
Book one of the 'Broken' Series Was originally called 'Broken Mate'. Normality was something Gem would never understand, for her life was anything b...