Girl Meets Charlie (GMW & GLC)

By peybrinaschild

Meet the Matthews. Just a regular American family that go through the struggles of everyday life. Meet the D... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
That question tagging thingy everyone's tagging me in...
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter Seventeen

1.4K 43 55
By peybrinaschild

(A/N: Okay guys, so I'm sorry for the lack in my updating skills lately. I'm just not really feeling this book anymore. I will continue to write it, but I can't promise you that it will be as good as the past chapters. I'm really done with the whole 'Brabrina' thing, so I don't really have the same passion for writing this book as I used to. I'm really sorry. Thanks so much for understanding, and you may now get back to reading the book!)

****Maya's P.O.V.****

"Gabe, I already told you, we can't kiss in public," I groaned, rolling my eyes at him. "That is, unless you want to get killed by Shawn and Cory."

"It's not my fault your lips are so kissable," he told me, leaning in and pecking my lips again.

"I swear to god, it's like you don't listen to a word I say," I muttered as he kissed all over my face, ending with yet another kiss on the lips.

"I listen when it's something I want to hear," he corrected me.

"You do realize that they could turn around at any second and catch you assaulting my face with your lips," I reminded him, and he chuckled.

"That's what makes it so fun."

He leaned in again and placed his lips to mine for a short second. I was about to pull away from him and turn my attention back to the movie that was currently playing on the big screen when he grabbed my hips and faced them toward him again, ultimately making my body face him before he placed his lips back on mine. This kiss lasted a lot longer than the other ones, and I felt butterflies begin to gather in my stomach as we kissed, letting our lips separate and then join back together many times before they finally attached completely. I wrapped my arms around his neck and smiled through the kiss, feeling his hands snake around my waist and pull me closer to his body.

I don't know why, but in that moment I completely lost all common sense. I forgot that we were sitting in the middle row of a public movie theater with Shawn, Cory, Topanga, Amy and Bob in the row in front of us. I forgot that Riley and Lucas were in the row in front of the parents, probably being the usual middle school couple that they've always been. I forgot that at any waking moment, Cory or Shawn could turn around and see us kissing.

I forgot that I wasn't supposed to be letting myself fall for him.

But, I forgot all of my common sense and kissed him back, a smile growing on his face as I did so. I felt one of his hands move to my neck, pulling me closer to him and deepening the kiss. I tried scooting closer to him, but the arm rest was in the way. I groaned and pulled away from his lips, pushing it up so I could be closer to Gabe.

I don't know what it was about that moment that had me so wrapped up in kissing him that made me forget everything I was doing to protect myself, but I couldn't describe the feeling. His kisses felt different for some reason, and they made it impossible for me to not want them. I scooted in my chair, getting a bit closer to him, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning in and kissing him yet again.

I must've taken him by surprise, because it took him a second to kiss back. Once he finally did, though, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me even closer. I smiled through the kiss, his lips still kissing me slowly and with such passion.

"Ahem," someone coughed, and I quickly pulled away from Gabe, slowly looking up in hopes that it wasn't Shawn or Cory. "What do you two kids think you're doing?"

"Ummm....."

"We were just making sure that we both brushed our teeth," Gabe interrupted me.

"Yeah, sure you were. Now are you going to tell me the truth or not?"

"Look, we weren't doing anything wrong. We were just kissing," I replied, trying to ease the situation.

"Could you excuse us, Gabe?"

"Yeah, I'll just go to the bathroom," he replied, shooting me a smile before walking down the aisle and out the door.

"What were you thinking?" Topanga asked, taking her spot in Gabe's seat.

"I don't know. I just.. I guess I just got a little caught up in the moment."

"A little?"

"Okay, fine. I'll admit, I got way too caught up in the moment. But you can't blame me for this. This is the first time I've been in a proper relationship, and I don't know how to handle it. I don't know how fast is too fast, and I really don't want to be going too slow. I just, I thought this was like a medium, just kissing with no tongue, but apparently I was wrong."

"Maya, you're fourteen. I can understand that this is new to you, but honestly, kissing is a very complicated thing. It can lead to many different things that you may think you're ready for but really aren't. You need to take your time with this relationship slow. He seems like a very understanding boy, and I'm sure he would understand if you wanted to take things slow. And if he isn't willing to go slow, then he's not worth your time. You need to find someone who doesn't only do what they want in a relationship but also takes your opinion into mind when making choices in the relationship."

"Thank you, Topanga. You've really been like a second mother to me, and I really appreciate it."

"Of course, Maya. I love you as if you were my own," Topanga told me, and I smiled at her. I stood up from my seat and she followed, both of us enveloping each other in a hug. I pulled away from her and she sent me a warm smile, glancing at something behind me. "Now that that's over and done with, I'm going to go back to my seat. Enjoy the rest of your date, Maya."

She walked back off to her seat, and I sat down in my chair, letting both of my arms fall on the arm rests.

"Hey," someone whispered as they took a spot next to me, and I looked over to se Gabe sitting there with a smile.

"Hey."

"How was your talk with Topanga?" He asked, his full attention on me. I took in a deep breath, trying to prepare myself for the worst.

"About that," I sighed, and I reached over and held his hand before continuing. "I think things are moving a bit too fast. I mean, this is my first relationship, and I love hanging out with you and kissing you and everything, but I think we need to tone it down a notch. I'm not as experienced with this as you are, and I'm going to need some time to get to the same level that you're on."

He just stared at me, his face blank.

"It's nothing wrong that you did, and this doesn't mean we have to stop kissing and hugging for good, it just means that maybe be a little more sparing with them. Spread them out more, maybe reduce the amount of kissing per day, something like that."

He just sat there, so I continued.

"I completely understand if you don't want to be with me after this, I know it's a lot of work and restrictions and everything. And if you really want me to, I can just catch a ride home with Shawn so it doesn't have to be super awkward for the next 2 weeks."

"Maya, are you kidding me?" Gabe asked me, and I felt a lump begin to grow in my throat.

He doesn't want to be with me anymore.

"I'm sorry, I think I should just-"

"Maya, I like you. I like you a lot, actually. And if you thought I would leave you over something as small as this, you're mistaken. I like you for you, and I will date you whether or not you have restrictions or rules. I couldn't care less about them, if I'm being honest. All I care about is that I get to be with you."

I smiled at his little speech and my eyes began to water.

"Maya, I know that this is a little soon and that we're both going to end up broken up in the end since we live in different states, but I still want to ask you this. I need to know that you're mine, that no other guy can have you, that me and you are a real couple in a real relationship."

"What are you saying, Gabe?"

"Maya Hart, will you be my girlfriend?"

My eyes widened at his question, and my mind went blank.

"E-Excuse me?" I stuttered out, becoming more nervous by the second. He chuckled, and he rested a hand on my knee.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He repeated.

"I-I, I don't know what to say."

His smile dropped and he was about to speak when the lights came up and a worker came out from behind the screen.

"Excuse me everyone, but it has come to our attention that someone in the theater had a little too much popcorn and threw up. We don't feel that it is sanitary for you to stay in the theater at this time, so we are going to have to ask you to evacuate the theater. We have a ticket collector standing outside who will be taking your tickets from you and giving you another to come back at a later time or another day. Thank you and have a nice evening."

I took this as my chance and quickly hopped out of my chair, racing towards Riley. I had to push past a bunch of people scurrying to the exit before I finally got to her.

"God, what is wrong with these people?" I complained, running a hand through my straightened blonde hair. "They're acting like there's a fire in here or something."

Riley just rolled her eyes at my complaint, inching her way toward the aisle.

"You're such a drama queen," she told me, and I scoffed.

"Yeah, I'M the drama queen in this friendship."

She rolled her eyes at me again, finally making it out of the tight aisle and to the ticket person. I grabbed my ticket from my back pocket and handed it to the man, and he took it from me quickly. He handed me a new one before pushing me along, doing the same with Riley.

"Well that guy wasn't very polite," Riley muttered, and I laughed lightly.

"No kidding."

We both began making our way toward the car, not really talking much.

"So.. How was it?" Riley asked out of the blue, smirking at me.

"How was what?"

"You know, you and Gabe's little make out. How was it?"

"It wasn't a make out."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"It was fine," I muttered, and her smirk dropped.

"Just fine?"

"Yeah. I mean, he's a good kisser and all, I just.. I don't really know how to feel about this whole situation."

"What 'whole situation'? Last time I checked you guys were doing great."

"Yeah, well, things change."

"Oh god, what did he do?"

I paused, not sure if I should tell her or not. I mean, I love her and all, but I don't think she's going to give me any advice. She's probably just going to tell me I'm stupid for not saying yes or something.

"Gabe asked me to be his girlfriend."

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped, and she was using her hands to cover her mouth as she let out muffled squeals.

"No way!"

"Yeah."

"Why aren't you excited about this? You like him and he likes you. This is your first boyfriend, Maya! Aren't you so excited that you finally-"

"I said no."

She went silent, and her cheery mood disappeared.

"You didn't."

"I did."

"You did NOT tell Gabe that you didn't want to be his girlfriend."

"Well I didn't exactly say yes!"

"I refuse to believe this. Are you just playing a prank on me or something?"

"Why would I joke about something this serious?"

"Well you aren't exactly the most serious person I've ever met."

"Okay, you're right. I didn't say no."

"Yay!"

"But I didn't say yes, either."

"Boo. Why would you not say yes? Are you sick or something? Let me feel your forehead," she rambled, stopping me and holding the back of her hand against my forehead. "I think you're sick. You need to go to sleep before you make any rash decisions. Especially if it includes telling Gabe no."

"Look, Riley. I understand you like us together, I mean I'd be lying if I said I didn't like us together, but I don't know if I can be a part of a relationship at the moment."

"But why?"

"I don't want to get hurt. I've been hurt too many times before, and I just don't see the point in dating if it's just going to end in heartbreak anyways. I do like Gabe. I can't lie about that. But you have to understand that it wouldn't be very realistic if we dated. I mean, we live in New York and he lives in Colorado. We'd never work. Plus, we're leaving in 2 weeks, and having a boyfriend would just make leaving that much harder."

"You guys could do long distance."

"That never works, Riley."

"It works in the movies!"

"Look, Riley. I appreciate the effort, but it's not going to happen. I'm just not cut out to be in a relationship, and I'm fine with that. Besides, we're only in 8th grade. We don't need to worry about dating yet. All I care about is you, Farkle, Lucas and I. As long as we stay friends, I don't need anybody else."

She sighed before nodding her head, and we started walking again. We finally reached the car and got in, Riley and I sitting in the backseat, Lucas in the front, and Shawn in the drivers seat.

"You ladies buckled up?" Shawn asked as he started the car up.

"Yep," we both replied at the same time, and Lucas chuckled a bit.

"Alright. Let's rock and roll out of here."

I looked at Riley and rolled my eyes at his choice of words, her giggling a bit when I swirled my finger next to my ear to signal that he was crazy.

This is going to be an interesting car ride.

(A/N: Okay guys. So sorry for not updating, I've just had a lot on my mind. My great grandpa was in the hospital pretty much all of winter break, and he just recently passed away on Sunday morning. I'm doing pretty well, but I've had my fair share of crying. Anyways, his funeral is this weekend and I'm already getting homework that's stacking up, so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to write. Now that the sad part is over, I hope you enjoyed! Also, don't forget to message or snapchat me! I love talking to you guys! You can talk about the book if you want to, maybe some suggestions you have for any of my books really, but I'd love to get to know you if you don't want to talk about that! And I guess if you're a rebel we can talk about both. Any-who... Love you, My Snowflakes!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 156 57
When Maya Hart receives a job opportunity, she is left with the fact she accepted to babysit Zoe Friar, her schools biggest fuckboy's younger sister...
59.3K 2K 20
Everything Maya Hart was, Riley Matthews was not. "She was popular, I'm not. She has friends, I have a friend. She was beautiful, I am not. She would...
113K 2.1K 36
*Not sticking to the main plot/show. Josh and Mr Matthews aren't related and Maya and Josh are the same age* This story lives the life of Maya Hart...
23.3K 672 27
Riley Matthews plays a trick on campus heartthrob and bad girl, gangster, Maya Hart. Setting up an arrangement to pretend as lovers-to make her ex je...