I Will Be Beautiful

By starchaser11

Jacquelyn, or Jackie, is a werewolf. An overweight werewolf. The only people that really care about her are h... More

Hello Mr. Mate
Adding Insult to Injury
Beautiful me.
You Cheeseball
Heading over to FicFun

Getting off on the Wrong Foot

68.5K 979 28
By starchaser11

Blake and Mike did that weird man hug thing where they grasped hands and pulled each other in. "Hey man, who's the chick?" Blake looked down at me and his eyes turn curious as if he's looking for something.

WAIT JUST A MINUTE! They just hugged... and Mike does seem like Blake... does that mean they're.... no.... never...

 But the doubt in my mind got the better of me. "YOU'RE FRIENDS WITH THIS CHEESEBALL?!?!?"

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"Who the hell are you calling cheeseball?!?"  Blake seemed a little offended at my childish remark. Hmm... he never seemed that offended before.

                "Really?" Ignore the cheeseball. "Why the hell, out of ALL people, would you become friends with this man-slut?" Truthfully, it felt like he had taken a knife and stabbed me in the back. He might as well have.

                "Well, Jax... a lot of shit went down after you left and I didn't really have any friends." He looked guilty. Good, he should be. Wait, what am I thinking? Mikey's been my friend through my entire childhood. Why should I be mad at him? Oh, and P.s, Jax is just a childhood nickname that Mikey gave me when I stepped on a couple of Jax and split my foot open.

                Um, maybe because he's friends with our so called mate.

                Shut up. Mike probably doesn't even know why I left in the first place because there is no way in hell that anyone would let that get around the school.

                But, he's friends with Blake and Blake might have to told him the truth. If they are as close as we think that are then Blake's bound to share a few secrets, isn't he?  My wolf is being particularly annoying today.  

                But, if Mike and Blake are as close as we think then Blake wouldn't risk their friendship by telling him that he was the cause of my sudden department.

                Hmm... wow, this is difficult.

                RINNNNG!!!!!!! The bell sounded down the almost empty hallways. Shit I'm late for class on my first day.

                "Look, Mike. I'll talk to you at lunch, but I've got to get to Algebra. " I shouldered my book bag and starting walking towards my first class.

                .::Lunch::.

                My classes were terrible. Mr. Phelps was monotone the ENTIRE class. I swear it has the power to put you to sleep because as soon as he started going over class expectations my head hit the desk. And I litterly mean "hit the desk."

                Do you know when you rest your cheek against your hand as a weird sort of pillow then you start swaying back and forth once you get tired? Well that's what happened to me except my hand slipped and I ended up doing a face plant on my desk.

                I swear the entire class looked at me. I can't say that the looks on the peoples face didn't amuse me though.

                But, two classes later I'm sitting outside on a wooden lunch table under a tree, waiting for Mikey to show.

                I still can't believe that out of all people he chose the one that I hate the most. Right now I think I hate Blake more than the guy that pushed me down the stairs.

                Note to self: get name of the guy that pushed me down and make him pay. Seems simple enough.

                "Jackie..." Someone called my name and I turned around expecting Mikey, but instead I came face to face with Blake.

                Thank Buddha that he didn't touch us or our entire planned would be flushed down the toilet.

                "Hi, I think we started on the wrong foot." He gave me that charming smile he used on all the other sluts that he wanted to get into bed... or more like the janitors closet. "I'm Blake Herrick. It's nice to meet you." He stuck his hand out like he actually expected me to shake it.

                I raised an eyebrow at him as if to say "really"? I mean who the hell does he think he is? I called him a cheeseball and he comes to me apologizing. This boy's got skills.

                "Where's Mikey?" I asked, ignoring his still outstretched hand.

                He dropped his hand to his side. "How come you're allowed to call him that? I'm his best friend and he won't let even me call him that." He looked me up and down as if the answer was tucked somewhere in my pockets.

                "Okay one: you're not his best friend, I am. And two; you still didn't answer my question." I swear, right now I'm glad that we didn't get together because he is so fucking difficult.

                Come on, don't tell me that you don't wanna jump his bones. That boy is hotter than the sun on the fourth of July. Hell, I'd jump him THAN jump back again.

                Shut up. You are not making this any easier.

                "I've known Mike for about two years and you've known him for what? A day?" He seemed a little irked that I said that I'm Mikey's best friend. But what can I say; if he wanted something sugarcoated he should go get a doughnut.

                "I've known Mikey since I was in diapers and we've been through a lot more then you have." I glare at him and can't help but notice how his hair ruffles in the wind.

                "Well, if you've known him as long as you say then how come I've never seen you before today? Tell me that, Mrs. Smarty Pants." Did he really just call me Mrs. Smarty Pants? Really? What grade are we in people?

                "You have." I growled at him and his eyebrows shot up. Shit, why did I say that?

                "Hey, guys." Mikey seemed to appear out of thin air and it seems he has the best timing in the world. "What you guys talking about?" He sat his tray next to me and Blake glared. I smirked a bit, seems that Blake is little jealous.

                "Nothing." Blake growled and oh my god did it sound hot. It was deep and loud enough to show dominance, but I guess that growl comes with the territory of being Alpha.

                "Ohhhkkkaayyy." Mikey seemed a little off edge since his leader and friend looked angry for no apparent reason. "So Jax, I was wondering if you want to go see a movie with me and Blake this Friday?" I looked over at Blake and he didn't look too pleased.

                "I'd love to." I smirked at Blake again.

                Would you stop rubbing it in his face?

                Where's the fun in that?

                You do know all this is going to backfire once he figures out that you're his mate, don't you?

                No, I don't think it will. He didn't want a mate back then and he probably doesn't one now. So, I think getting back at him for all the shit he's done to me is a very good idea.

                You're stupid if you think that he really doesn't want you.

                Then call me stupid, but I have another idea to get back at him.

                "Hey, Todd!" I shouted as my brother walked out the doors with Crystal.

                They both turned to look at me and a smile lit up their faces. Todd walked over to me with crystals hand in his.

                He sat down on Blake's side since there was only room for one more. "Hey, how is your first day back so far?"

                I thought about all the things I've done to piss off Blake. "It's been great." And it was the truth, I think messing with Blake has been the best part of my day.

                Blake's Pov

                Who the hell is this chick?!?!? I don't even know her real name. Mike just calls her Jax, I mean what sort of nickname is that?!?

                It's a cute nickname.

                Shut the fuck up. You are not helping this situation.

                If you knew the plan I have in this situation, then you would know that I AM helping this situation.

                You know who she is, don't you?

                Yes, I do.             

                Who is she?

                Why don't you ask her? OR better yet, when you get the chance, touch her. If you do that then everything will be explained.

                Wow, you sound like a prophet.

                You have no idea.

                I watched as the unknown girl talked to my friends. And now that I think about it she looks a bit familiar. I smelt the air... she smells familiar too. Maybe she wasn't lying when she said that we've met before.

                But, where have I seen her? Maybe she's a family member... she must be. I feel some sort of draw to her, but I can't my finger on it.

                She started laughing and I couldn't help but realize that her voice wrapped around me like silk.

                Wow, this is going to be an interesting year.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, I'm sorry about this chapter taking so long, but I redid it twice. It was sort of ridiculous because at first this chap gave everything about the story away. Than it gave almost nothing away, so i tried to find an inbetween. I'll try to write another chapter today.

love and no promises,

erica

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

974 105 27
Amidst enchanted reefs and hidden secrets, a young mermaid's destiny lies in her hands as she dares to unravel the mysteries of the deep and embrace...
10.4M 371K 67
‶Your little mate, what is she like?″ ‶She's wild, but all the best flowers are.″ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ ★ ✰ No one has ever seen Alpha Cedric...
5.7M 152K 31
Nerdy Filthy Fat Skye Hale has been bullied since she could remember, she was Fat and a Nerd making her the biggest loser in school. On her Sophomor...
3.1K 78 5
It's the day before Anna & Kristoff get married but on Anna's Evening walk, she goes missing. Did she take a wrong turn? Did she knock herself out? D...