Give Your Heart A Break (Tony...

By ro7137

Riley O'Conner is a top class secret agent who you don't wanna mess with. She is a troublemaker, stubborn, ca... More

Chapter 1: The Bet
Chapter 2: New Mission
Chapter 3: The Promise
Chapter 4: So Close!
Chapter 5: Sparks
Chapter 6: Riley's Past
Chapter 7: Clubbing
Chapter 8: Would He Be Worth It?
Chapter 9: Would She Be Worth It?
Chapter 10: First Date
Chapter 11: Tesseract
Chapter 12: Phil
Chapter 13: This Is Going To Be A Hard Decision
Chapter 14: Tony or S.H.I.E.L.D?
Chapter 15: Germany
Chapter 16: Thor
Chapter 17: Finding Out
Chapter 18: Argument
Chapter 19: Argument Part 2
Chapter 20: Phase 2
Chapter 21: Attacked in the Helicarrier
Chapter 22: Confession
Chapter 23: I Am The Element
Chapter 24: Fighting Chitauri
Chapter 25: Missile
Chapter 26: It's Time To Go Home
Author's Note
Chapter 27: 1999, Switzerland
Chapter 28: Anxiety Attack
Chapter 29: Aldrich Killian
Chapter 30: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 31: Gotten Out of Hand
Chapter 32: Maya Hansen
Chapter 33: Attacked
Chapter 34: Tennessee
Chapter 35: He's Alive
Chapter 36: Captured
Chapter 37: Fake Mandarin
Chapter 38: Ziptied on a Bed
Chapter 39: Barrels of Monkey
Chapter 40: Almost There
Chapter 41: "She Was Already Perfect"
Chapter 42: Arresting Mexican Drug Dealer
Chapter 43: Talks
Chapter 45: Cheating???
Chapter 46: Proposal
Chapter 47: Taken
Chapter 48: How Is He Still Alive?!
Chapter 49: Its All My Fault
Chapter 50: New Enemies
Chapter 51: Waking Up
Chapter 52: Phone Call
Chapter 53: Heartbreak
Chapter 54: Tears
Chapter 55: This Is It
Chapter 56: Too Late
Chapter 57: It's Time To Go
Sequel Sneek Peek
Sequel

Chapter 44: Facing Trent

2.9K 75 21
By ro7137

Chapter 44: Facing Trent

Riley's POV:

It's about 6 am now and I still haven't got any sleep. Every Time I try, I would always get flashbacks, painful ones. I closed my eyes again for another attempt to fall asleep.

"Boss! SHIELD is breaking their way in!" Reported one of Trent's soldier. Trent froze as he stopped torturing me.

"Get my emergency vehicle ready to go." He ordered to his soldier.

The soldier saluted and left. Trent turned back his attention to me. He grabbed me by my neck and slowly started to strangle me. I couldn't fight back since I was tightly tied on a chair.

"Are you happy that they're finally here to save you?" He asked as I gasped for air.

"This won't be the last time you'll see me, Riley. I'll come back and ruin your life once again. I promise" He smirked.

By this time, I could feel myself about to past out. He finally let go of my neck and I started breathing as much as I could. Trent sprinted his way out.

"H-hel-help!" I yelled weakly.

Different types of pain were going throughout my body. The door was barged open. I see a man with a black SHIELD uniform and black face helmet who was carrying a big gun. He rushed over to me. He quickly untied me from the chair and he picked me up.

"You're safe now, don't worry," I heard him muttered.

I opened my eyes. I sighed. That flashback was when I finally got saved by SHIELD. Up to this day, I still don't know who that man was, the one who got me out of there. Trent's promise keeps repeating in my head over and over again.

My thoughts were interrupted by soft snores. I looked to me side and found Tony fast asleep. He mumbled something I couldn't hear and he flinched. I sat up putting my glasses on and placed my hand on his arm.

"No!" He exclaimed as he starts shaking and sweating.

"Tony, wake up!" I started to shake him.

He jolt up and his eyes opened immediately. He started breathing heavily.

"Tony, what's wrong?" I asked him softly rubbing his back.

He took a deep breath and he rested his head on my shoulder. I combed his soft hair with my fingers.

"I thought it was real," I heard him mutter.

"What was?" I asked.

"That Trent captured us and they killed you," he said as his head left my shoulder.

I can see the pain visible in his eyes. It's the same eyes I saw back then when he didn't catch me and he thought I was dead.

"That'll never happen because I will be the one to kill him," I assured him.

"And the worst part was that... I failed to save you once again." He said running his hand roughly through his hair.

"Tony it was just a nightmare, it won't come true." I assured him.

I heard my phone rang. I opened the lamp and answered my phone.

"Hey, are you ready?" It was Jake.

"Not quite yet," I said.

"Well we need you and Tony at the headquarters in Texas by no later than 8 am." He informed me.

I glanced at the clock, it's 6:45. It takes about 3 hours to get to Texas from New York. We'll make it in time, somehow.

"We'll be there," I responded.

"For once, don't be late," he chuckled.

"For once, we're planning not to," I mocked him.

"See you there."

"Yep." I hanged up.

"That was Jake, he wants us at the SHIELD headquarter in Texas by 8." I told Tony.

"Okay, we'll be there at 8:30," said Tony.

"No can't do Mr Stark. We have to be there in time. No excuses," I said making him groan.

*Later*

Tony and I managed to reach the headquarters in Texas at about 7:48, thanks to Tony's fastest aircraft. We greeted Jake as we got in his office.

"You look like you had no sleep," said Jake looking at me.

This guy knows me too well.

"That's because I didn't," I admitted.

Both Jake and Tony raised a brow. But I didn't feel like explaining.

"It's nothing," I muttered.

"Okay." Sighed Jake dropping the subject.

"What's the plan?" Asked Tony.

"We use the element of surprise," Jake answered with a smirk.

"Be more specific please," I said.

"They have cameras everywhere. We have to shut that off but it'll alert them when we do." I cut him off.

"Yeah but if we alert them, Trent will vanish." I said.

"No he won't. We have you and he wants you." Said Jake.

"Once we get in that store, we need to find the door that leads to the underground base. Once we're inside, find Trent kill him, and we blow up the place. I know this plan sounds crazy but just go with it." Said Jake.

I hope this works.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't long until the three of us finally reached Kingsville. I took a deep breath as I put my mask on. I was all suit up in my usual costume. We were parked a street away from the gun store.

"All ready?" Asked Tony, who was already in his Iron Man suit.

I nod as I picked up my sword. I got out of the van. The village looks quite abandoned. I'm already getting a bad feeling about this. Jake pats my back.

"You alright?" He asked.

I just simply shrugged my shoulder. Tony took my hand.

"Stay by my side," he pleaded.

I nod my head.

"Okay, let's do this," I said taking a deep breath.

Jake and Tony both nodded. 1..2..3. The three of us ran our way to the gun store. Tony blasted the door open. We entered. I gripped on the handle of my sword ready to attack.

There was 5 employees cocking their weapons at us. I noticed the HYDRA logo on their sleeves. They started firing at us. I started dodging the bullets. I threw my sword at the men who was mostly shooting at me. Tony and Jake managed to kill the others.

I fired hard fire balls at every single cameras I saw, breaking them into pieces. I summoned my sword back. A loud alarm started to go on.

"Oh god," I heard Jake muttered.

"We need to find their secret passage fast." I said wiping my sword on the counter.

"Jarvis, scan the store and find us the secret passage," Tony demanded.

Jake grabbed a machine gun and loaded it with ammos.

"It's behind the wall of guns. You'll have to enter a code which you will do on the cash register." Reported Jarvis.

Oh thank god for Jarvis.

"You're the best, J," said Tony.

We walked over to the cash register. Tony started to crack the code while Jake and I looked at the wall of guns.

"Yay," I heard Tony cheer like a little kid.

The wall started to slide open. The alarm finally went off. I got my sword ready. There was a door. Jake kicked it open. There was a staircase. We started to go down the stairs. The lights were dim.

There were 3 tunnels. One on the left, right, and middle. I couldn't see the end of the tunnels. It was too dark.

"We need to split up," I said.

"No way, I'm not leaving you alone here," Tony objected taking off his face mask.

"I agree with Tony," added Jake.

"Well it'll take us forever to search this place." I said.

"It's better than risking your life. Trent is looking for YOU. Not Jake or I. Your life is in danger not us." Tony said sternly.

"I'm not a little kid anymore. I can take care of myself. Nothing bad will happen to me. I'll get out of here alive. If I need backup, I'll call you guys over. I need to fight Trent by myself." I snapped.

"We're wasting our time. I believe on what Riley is capable of. She can take care of herself." Said Jake.

Tony huffed as he shook his head and he turned away from us. He started to go through the middle tunnel. I sighed.

"Be careful," said Jake pulling me in for a quick hug.

"Always am," I said.

"You take care of yourself too." I told him.

He nodded. He went to the left tunnel. I made my way through the right tunnel. I could feel my heart beat uncontrollably. I started to run.

After about 3 minutes of running I reached a door. I melted the door knob and I simply entered. It was an office.

"Took you long enough," I jumped a little. 

I found Trent at the corner of the room. I felt my heart skip a beat. He looks the same as the last time I saw him. How the hell does he look like he hasn't aged?! Okay Riley, play it cool. You're strong probably stronger than him, you can take him, hopefully.

"Long time no see," I said trying to play it cool.

But inside, I am absolutely freaking out.

"Look what they turned you into," he said eyeing me up and down.

"Pathetic." He spat.

"I actually dig the costume," I said.

"I could've turned you into something better," he said walking up to me.

"Like what? A masked destruction for Hydra?" I asked clenching my jaw.

"What's wrong with that? You're a masked destruction for SHIELD." He said.

"I help innocent people not destroy them." I said glaring at him.

He scowled.

"You still haven't forgiven me have you?" He asked.

I clenched my fist as I felt my blood boil.

"I will never EVER forgive you for what you have done to me." I said through gritted teeth.

"You should thank me, Riley. I made you stronger and powerful." He said.

I shook my head.

"You ruined my life and my family. That's why I'm going to kill you." I said.

I threw my sword at his head but he quickly dodged it, but it still grazed him on the cheek. Better than nothing. He smirked.

"Your aim has gotten better," he said.

"You have no idea," I muttered.

I ran up to him but a forcefield went around him making me fly. I hit the wall and I landed on the ground on my side. What the fuck? Since when was he able to do that?

"You're still weak, Riley." He smirked.

I fired a fire beam at him but his forcefield was still protecting him. He grabbed me by my neck. I tried hitting him but it was no use. I tried my powers but it was still no use. He lifted me up one handedly, strangling my neck. I started gasping for air.

"Just like old times," he smirked.

I felt like I was about to past out soon. He threw me to the wall. I groaned in pain as I felt blood trickle down my head. I got back up on my feet.

Trent threw a punch at me but I dodged it. I dodged all of his attempts to hit me. He tackled me to the ground. He grabbed my sword and he pointed it at me. I gulped. Think Riley.

"Any last words?"asked Trent.

Bingo.

"Fuck you," I smirked.

He clenched his jaw. I summoned my sword through his stomach. He gasped shockingly. He looked at the hole through his stomach and he shook his head. I saw his forcefield disappear. He fell to the ground. I got up on my feet. I glared down at him.

"That was for my family," I told him.

"And this," I paused and I stomped on his face.

I heard his nose crack making him yelp in pain.

"Was for ruining my life," I continued.

I grabbed my sword and I made my way outside of the room.

"Riley!" I heard Jake through my earpiece.

I activated my earpiece.

"Copy, I'm here," I confirmed.

"Are you still inside?!" He asked frantically.

"Yes," I said.

"Fuck! You have to get out of there! That place is about to blow up in a minute!" He informed me.

My eyes widened. I started to sprint my way out. I heard explosions just as I reached the stairs. I quickly climbed the stairs. I see Jake and Tony outside of the store. I ran as fast as I could and I got out in time before the whole store exploded. Tony dropped his face mask and attacked me in a hug.

"You scared hell out of me," he muttered.

"Told you I can take care of myself," I said.

He pulled away.

"I just wanted you safe," he said.

I smiled. "I know."

Jake attacked me into a quick hug.

"Why did you blow up the place when I was still in there?" I asked.

"It wasn't me. Some HYDRA asshole took my controller for the explosion." Explained Jake.

"What happened to your head?" Asked Tony.

"Trent. We fought. He was too powerful with the forcefield he somehow managed to have. I couldn't get anything past the forcefield, not even my powers or sword. But he was too stupid enough to pick up my sword and so I made the sword stab him through his stomach." I explained with a shrug.

"Is he dead?" Asked Jake.

"I'm pretty sure," I said smiling.

"Oh thank god," he muttered.

"Let's get out of here," smiled Tony.

I nod in agreement. I can finally sleep in peace knowing that bastard is dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28.3K 18
Whilst in combat in the US Army, Ava Richards stormed a terrorist base which contained chemically manipulated gas with extreme side effects; in Ava's...
8K 276 33
Steve and Natasha have been dating for a year and are falling in love with each other. The world has finally given the two heros the happy ending the...
113K 2.4K 21
Y/N Stark is the only daughter of Tony Stark and he never paid attention to her or even said I love you to her he focused mainly on Peter, one-day Y...
978 47 45
"I wanted a life, just not the one I chose." Adrian is a criminal, wanted in several countries. But she isn't just your average terrorist, she was bo...