Frost's Touch (Book One of th...

By Lunalove673

Since the Dawn of Time, Jack Frost has been cursed with eternal cold from his first love, Lillian. Anything a... More

Prologue
1994
I. The Start
II. The Voice
III. Breakthrough
IV. At Sunrise
V. Her Bracelet
VI. Foretold
VII. Revealed
VIII. Escaped
IX. Lost and Found
X. The Lucid Dream
XI. The Boy
XII. Warm Skin
XIII. Dripping Trees
XIV. Explanations
XV. Affections and Defections
XVI: Waterfall
XVII. Invisibility Perks
XVIII. Open Windows
XIX. Cold Bed
XX. Important Things
XXVI. Frost Shows
XXIII. Out of the Dark
XXIV. New Friends
XXV. Warm Globes of Ice
XXVI. Nerves
XXVII. Plans
XXVIII. Gum Sticking
XXIX. Gone
XXX. Needed
XXXI. Dying
XXXVI. Savor the Feeling
XXXIII. Caring
XXXIV. Time Come
XXXV. Search and Rescue
XXXVI. Forgiven and Seen
XXXVII. Clones
XXXVIII. Whispers
XXXIX. The Secret's Out
XL. Radar
XLI. Separation and Reconciliation
XLII. New Beginnings
XLIII. Out With the Old, In With the New
XLIV. Congratulations
XLV. Pretty
XLVI. Pop Goes the Question
Two Years Later
Six Years After
Nine Months
Five Years Old
A/N
A/N
Preview

XXI. Extinct Feelings

5.3K 237 2
By Lunalove673

XXI

Extinct Feelings

      “Ugh,” Iana groaned.

      Hot. She was hot.

     “Why does it feel like I’m in the Sahara desert right now?” She grumbled, attempting to sit up, but something held her back.

     She turned her head to the left, and looked down to see a lump under the covers. Looking down, she saw an arm wrapped around her waist tightly and possessively.

     A very warm arm.

    Ever slowly, Iana pulled back to the covers until she could see a face.

     “Jack,” she breathed.

    His eyes were closed serenely and his lips were in a small smile, as if whatever he was dreaming about was making him happy.

    Iana put her hand over his, and as if he knew she was trying to get out of bed, he pulled her tighter to him. She squealed and fell onto the bed.

    Jack buried his head into her neck and inhaled deeply, sending delicious licks of shivers throughout her body.

     She decided to wait and watch Jack wake up, since seeing him like this calmed her externally, and internally.

    He was her happiness, her pain, and everything in between that made her feel what she felt right then.

   Proud, happy, calm.

   And most of all, angry.

   Angry that they hadn’t met earlier.

   But that didn’t matter now. Because he was here, with her in his arms, sleeping as if he hasn’t in years. He looked normal. No, not normal, he looked at home.

   He didn’t look like he could make a city or state break out in rain, or create an ice age. He looked like he would graduate high school and get a master’s degree in being a doctor or a scientist. He would get a top paying job and live in an expensive house or condo living alone until his early thirties, when he found a girl at a coffee shop reading a book by Nora Roberts or James Patterson. She would be sitting alone, looking happy reading her book and drinking her fat free Latte, and he would ask to sit by her. She would smile, say yes, and they would hit it off.

   They would be married six months later, and two after that, she would find out she was pregnant. Seven later, their baby would be born, and they would name it a Katie or a Trevor, and they would live together happily as they grew old and watched their grandchildren get married and have their old kids.

     That thought made Iana sad, because Jack couldn’t grow old, but she will. She felt as if her whole world depended on Jack now. Even though they only met a few days ago, she was feeling something she never felt before.

     Love.

     True love.

     Iana was falling for this immortal man that is what caused her to play in the snow during the winter and pretend to be an ice princess waiting for her prince full of sunshine to save her from the evil snowy monster.

      Jack was probably the reason she loved snow too, even if she was born in the spring.

      She loved him, deeply, emotionally, heart fully.

      And she knew, that she wouldn’t be able to stop loving him. She would love him.

      Forever.

      He awoke to vivid blue eyes looking down at him.

      And he was hungry.

      His stomach grumbled.

      A laugh made him turn his head towards his beautiful girl.

      That’s right, his.

     “Hungry,” she asked, and Jack nodded enthusiastically. Iana laughed again, shaking her head slightly. She tried to get up, but for some reason she couldn’t.

      Iana looked at him expectantly, and he returned looking at her with a confusing glance.

      “Your arm,” she laughed, pointing at her waist. He then noticed that his arm was wound around her body holding her to him.

      Jack laughed nervously, and released his hold on her. Iana nodded her head towards the door and walked out of it. Jack followed suit, though looking around since he never really had seen the inside of her house.

     Just her room. Which is probably his favorite room right now since it’s where he’ll be able to hold her alone with no one else to interfere.

     They walked down the stairs, and Jack was surprised that the rest of the house wasn’t like Iana’s room. Where her room was bright from the windows and the colors, the rest of the home was either brown or black with little bits of dark blue and white. It was more mix matched and a little messy, with sports magazines and a beer bottle here and there.

     They walked through the living room, where there was well used black furniture that had seen better days but looked more comfortable than those six thousand dollar sofas that are top of the line and would look the best in your home, as those TV commercials Jack had seen said.

     Jack looked around as they entered the small kitchen. There was old appliances from the early this decade. A small four seat table sat at a large window, which showcased the backyard and the woods beyond that. Dishes filled the sink and were piled next to it. You could tell that someone tried to clean them, because the second sink was filled with dish water and the dishwasher was open with it half filled.

       Jack thought that Iana would live in a clean house, with the way she and her room was.

       “Sorry about the mess, I was cleaning before Dad and I went out but didn’t finish. Not enough time.” Iana says, blushing fervently.

       Jack nodded, “do you want me to help you make anything?”

      She shook her head, smiling slightly, “sorry, but when was the last time you used a stove?”

      “1963.”

      “Seriously?” She gasped a shocked expression on her face.

      He nodded, twiddling with the loose thread on his shirt.

      “Then,” she started, pulling out bread and cheese, “we’ll have to help you get caught up.”

      They made grilled cheese, each making each other’s. Jack’s was a perfect golden brown, with gooey cheese oozing from the sides of the buttery moist bread. Iana’s was slightly burnt, since Jack was out of practice, but Iana ate it anyway.

       “So, I guess I’m going to be near you more often now,” Jack stated, gobbling up his sandwich, as if he hasn’t eaten in forever.

       Well, a couple thousand years, to be exact. Before now when Jack tried to eat food it tasted like nothing, literally. Yeah, he could feel and smell it, but it had no effect on him.

       Now all he could think about is having another grilled cheese.

     Iana saw that two, since he was staring at her half eaten sandwich. She laughed and gave it to him. Jack tried to refuse, saying she needed to eat more, but she wouldn’t have it.

     “I’m not that hungry Jack.”

     “But you ate you and your Dad’s food last night!” He exclaimed.

     “I have weird eating habits.” She laughed.

     Jack opened his mouth about to say something, but just as he was about to talk, grilled cheese was stuffed into his mouth.

     He was shocked, but chewed, and narrowed his eyes at his blushing beauty.

     “I’ll die if you stay away from me for just a night, Jack.”

     He suddenly was serious.

     “We’ll be able to last longer than a night.”

     Iana shook her head, “Jack, I won’t last that long.”

     “Why,” he asked.

     “Because my insides tried to puke themselves out last night as they froze themselves. Without you, touching me, being in the same room, I will freeze from the inside out, and I will die.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 176 11
Kaya is a quiet, timid girl who feels most at home on a stage and most comfortable when she's singing. She hopes to find a place in the world of ente...
9.5M 120K 32
Dark, riveting, passionate, love, betrayal, revenge, evil Warning!!!! This is a first draft. If you want the new edited version please check out "Roy...
39.7K 3.1K 32
This is the fifth instalment in the Devil's Assistant series. You may wish to check out the other books first or this may be a bit of a confusing rea...
496K 10.8K 56
I was sitting in his lap and I tried to look everywhere but at him because of the fact I was straddling him. "You look way better in my clothes" A...