Divergent High: College Life

By annaeliza247

➽Sequel to Divergent High. I suggest that you read the first one before you read this. ➽It's been two years s... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
fourty-seven
fourty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
hey guys!

seven

3.5K 102 20
By annaeliza247

I wake up the next morning by myself in my own bed. How'd I get back here? Oh well. I sit up and run my fingers through my hair. I get up and walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

After my 30 minute shower, I wrap myself in a towel and walk back to my room. I dry off and put on underwear, a bra, black leggings, a gray hangry t-shirt, and Nike tennis shoes. I blow dry my hair and put it into a messy bun on the top of my head. I wash my face and put on nude eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner,  blush, and chapstic. I grab my phone off the charger and head downstairs.

I see Tobias on the couch with his arm over the back and he's watching cartoons on the TV. Caleb and Amanda are sitting in the middle of couch all cuddled up. I sit down on the opposite side of the couch from Tobias and focus on the episode of Spongebob that's playing. I try not to sneak small peeks at Tobias, but it's useless. My phone buzzes next to me and I pick it up.

Morning, T! Whatcha doin 2day? -Chris
Idk-Tris
Wanna hang out or go shopping??-Chris
I kinda just feel like doin nothin 2day. Maybe 2mro??-Tris
K-Chris
Ttyl-Tris

I put my phone back down and wonder how I'm even able to sit here without being next to Tobias. I look at Tobias again and he looks at me at the same time. I look away, biting my lip. I stand up and go back to my room. I take off my tennis shoes and jump onto my bed. I open my laptop and get on pinterest.

+ + +

I've been up in my room for about an hour and I'm starting to get bored. I don't want to go back downstairs, because if Tobias is down there then it would be a little awkward. I don't know what's going on with us right now, but I don't like it. At all. Then my door opens. Tobias peeks his head in, and gives me a small smile.

"Can I come in?" he asks.

"Yeah," I say. He walks in, and sits at the foot of my bed. I close my computer, and sit up; criss-cross applesauce. My hands are in my lap, my thumbs twiddling. He grabs one of my hands, and I smile, there goes the butterflies in my stomach again. I've been with him for four whole years, why do I still get butterflies?

We sit in an awkward silence for a few minutes until I can't take it anymore.

"What's going on with us?" I blurt out.

"Well I'm not too happy with you right now," he replies.

"I know, and I'm sorry. It's just with everything going on with Shauna, and my argument with my brother, plus I think I hand a few too many drinks last night, I needed to get my mind off everything. And you were the closet thing to me."

"I get it." He drops my hand.

"No, Tobias," I say.

I hear the doorbell ring and Mom says something. "Evelyn! How are you?"

"I'm great, Natalie!" Evelyn says. Tobias and I get off my bed at the same time and run down the stairs.

Tobias runs up to his mom and hugs her. "Hey, Mom," he says.

"Hey, baby boy." She kisses his cheek and they end their hug.

"Hey, Ev," I say with a smile and give her a quick hug.

"Hi Tris."

+A Couple Days Later+

I'm sitting on the couch with my knees pulled up to my chest. The Santa Clause is playing on the TV and Tobias is sitting next to me.

I pull my phone out and text the girls.

Group Chat:
Red alert, starbucks-Tris
Be there in 10-Mar
Omw-Chris
Leaving rn-Lynn
With Lynn-Shauna

I get up and put on my black moccasins and jacket. I grab my small crossbody purse from the coat rack in the foyer.

"I'm going out. I'll be back later," I yell, hoping my parents can hear me.

I walk out the door and to my car. I get in the and start it. I back out and drive to Starbucks across the street from Millennium Park. The girls and I first went here about a year and a half ago, and we always come here when we need to talk with each other. Also when we need coffee. One of us sends a group text like, 'Red alert, starbucks,' or, 'Starbucks, ASAP,'  and then by the laws of girl code, we're all pretty much required to go.

I arrive at Starbucks and park my car. I go put my keys in my purse and go in. I get into the short line and go on my phone until it's my turn to order. I order a carmel brulée latte and a lemon loaf. It comes out to be $6.70, and I pay for it with a gift card my mom got me. She knows me so well.

All of the girls show up right as I get my drink and lemon loaf. I sit down at a table and wait for them to order and get their food and drinks. They come over and sit down at the table.

"What's happening? Why the red alert?" Mar asks.

"Um," I say, taking a sip of my latte. "You guys know that Four and I have had arguments in the past and stuff, right?"

"Yeah," they say.

"And you know it sucks when you're mad at the guy you love, because all you want is to kiss them, and for them to hold you, and to talk to them. I haven't talked to Four in five days." Tears start falling from my eyes. "I really really miss him." I wipe the tears away from under my eyes and on my cheeks with my fingers.

"Just talk to him, he's probably feeling the strain too," Chris says.

"Ok." I nod my head.

"What's the argument about?" Lynn asks.

"Well, at the party, my brother got mad at me because I didn't stick up for Amanda when you were yelling at her," I laugh, "and I just wanted to let off some steam, so I grabbed Four's arm and started going upstairs. He stopped me and was like, 'Tris, stop. I know what you're doing and it doesn't feel very good.' Then he pulled his arm out of my grasp and left."

"Ooh, girl, he probably feels like he's being used," Chris says, her love for gossip shining through.

"But he knows that I never would use him like that!" I say.

"Does he?" Mar says.

I sigh. I put my elbows on the table and then my head in my hands. "What have I done?" I ask myself.

"You can still fix it," Shauna says, giving me a smile.

"I know, thanks, Shaun. Have you told Zeke yet?" I ask, changing the subject.

"Yeah, I did about three days ago."

"How'd he take it?" Mar asks.

"Really well, actually. He seems kinda happy about it, which is a little relieving."

"Thays good," Chris says.

We talk for an hour, and leave long after the food was devoured and the drinks were drunk. I drive home, and park in the driveway. I get out and walk to the front door. I open the door, and Tobias stands there, a little more than five feet back, like he's been waiting for me. I hang up my purse and pull out what's left of the lemon loaf in the little paper bag they give you.

"I brought back some lemon loaf for you. I know how much you love it." I give him a small smile and hold the bag up.

"I'm sorry." It's all he says, but somehow it's enough for me to know what he's talking about.

"I'm sorry too." I run up to him and jump in his arms. "I miss you," I whisper.

"I miss you too," he breathes, blowing some of my hair back. I move my hand to his hair, and hug him tighter. He puts me back on the ground after a bit. He wipes a tear from my cheek. "Is that lemon loaf still up for grabs?" he asks, making me toss my head back and laugh.

"Of course it is." I smile. We walk over to the couch and sit on it. We split what's left of the loaf in half, and I end up taking some of his. I stuff it in my mouth and swallow it before he can get it back.

"Thanks," I say with a sheepish smile.

"Oh, yeah. You're welcome. Just remember that I know where live," he warns, pointing a finger at me.

"Ooh, scary," I laugh. "Have I ever told you I love you?"

"Eh, once or twice," he says, causing me to laugh again.
»«»«
A/N: hey guys! Did I actually update in less than two days?  Woah, mission accomplished, people! Lol. Two things, 50 FREAKING THOUSAND READS ON DIVERGENT HIGH! You guys are literally the best! Now the second thing, CHRISTMAS IS IN LESS THAN THREE DAYS!!!! Aahh! Yass!
Love you guys! ;-*
-Anna<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

299K 7.4K 50
What if Tris didn't die in Allegiant but everyone else thinks she's dead. What will she do now that she has survived? Will she ever find her way back...
860 8 22
This is a story if Tris had had a normal initiation and her and Tobias were able to have a normal life... It is a story about 3-4 years after Tris wa...
86K 1.5K 74
Forget Beatrice Prior. Here comes Tris Pedrad. She has a twin named Uriah and an older brother, Zeke. He is two years older. She has been a prodigy s...
215K 5.2K 28
Tris moves from a normal school in Chicago to Divergent High. A school divided into five sectors.....factions. She will meet friends, teachers and en...