Unspoken

By Wintersdancer

It's my choice to become mute. The things that happened to me has me so horrified that I've decided to be a s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12*
Chapter: 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Source Magazine
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilouge

Chapter 26

6.9K 253 21
By Wintersdancer

"He got you pregnant?" Dr. Michaels asks in shock.

"Yes he did." I say.

"Where is the baby?" He asks.

"That's the thing. I loved that child, but I couldn't have it come into the world were it would be seen as the bad thing about my life. Where it could have been mistreated and hated on because of who it's father was. Adoption was not an option. I felt like the safest option was abortion. It was the most painful thing I ever had to do. To get rid of a beautiful life." I cry.

"What's wrong with adoption. No one would know the child's background?" I glare at him.

"People always find out. I have heard stories about kids in the system and how it's over crowded. I couldn't do that to the child. The system is screwed up. It would have been worse in there than with me." I say.

"Not every child ends up with that fait." He says.

"I couldn't take that chance, so I did what I needed to do." He nods his head. "I was a young mother under the age of eighteen having to make a huge decision with no one to turn to. I know some people are against abortion, but what about people in my situation. No matter the circumstances no one asked to be forced upon. If every person who got pregnant on accident put the child in foster care we would have a problem on our hands. Their would be just to many kids. Some would get adopted, but not all. People deserve a choice in life. I think I made the best choice." The best choice a teenager like me could make.

"So you don't regret killing your child?" The doctor asks really offended that I said that. This is why we have problems. People take things out of context.

"When you are a couple of weeks along its not really a child. It's not even alive. There is a certain point in a pregnancy where doctors tell you, you can not get an abortion. Just like in the delivery room doctors tell you if their is a problem they will save you nit the child because you are alive already the child is not." The doctors face shows me that he did not expect that to come out if my mouth. Smiling I pick up the glass of water and drink all of it.

"Do you ever want children again?" Depends on where I am in life.

Taking a deep breath I ponder my words before I speak. "Yes I would love to have kids. Don't get me wrong I would have loved to have that child with me right here today, but the time wasn't right. That was the hardest decision of my life, but I had todo what I thought was right." Again, I was a teenager while all of this was going on. I wasn't even an adult. My parents were still driving me around.

"Well think you all for watching and we hope you have a great evening." The doctor smiles at the camera.

I stop the recording from yesterday and look at Aubrey. She stares at the television for a long time before she finally looks at me and pulls me into the tightest hug of my life. I hug her back just as tight as she rubs my back.

"If anything you would have been a great mother." I laugh as she leans back smiling at me.

"Katherine." Looking up I see Julian standing in the entryway with a bouquet of white roses.

Purity.

Nothing about me is pure or our former relationship.

"I'll leave you two alone." As soon as Aubrey leaves I glare at him.

"You're not on the list to be let in." I spit at him.

"I know it's just I saw the interview." Really? He saw my interview I am so amazed. I thought no one was going to watch it. It never once crossed my mind that Julian would be one of those millions of viewers.

"I didn't think you did. Cause you know the whole country practically saw it." I say sarcastically. Standing up I brush my shirt off and walk past him leaving the conversation.

"I love you Rine." Freezing in my steps I turn around frozen.

"You don't get to say that. You don't get to say those words to me anymore. You lost that right when you cheated. If you loved me you wouldn't have cheated." Taking the roses I throw them in the nearest trash can.

"I spent a lot of money on those for you. I even wrote you a card." Julian takes them out the trash dusting them off.

"Julian if it's one thing that roses taught me is that all love dies. It starts out blossoming so beautiful then it stays like that for a while looking so pretty and perfect. Then it slowly dies turning droopy and black." Julian looks from me then to the rose.

"You're not a rose. You can't compare our relationship to a bunch of flowers." He's totally wrong.

"You see flowers show love. Then they grow beautifully and slowly die with out the key factors to keep it alive. You have to work to keep the rose alive, and you just let it die." I say.

"I love you." Words that have lost their meaning.

"Julian just please leave. I don't want to see you ever again." He sits the roses on the counter then turns to leave.

"Just know I will never stop loving you." He says trying to change my mind.

"Just remember for your next relationship not to screw another girl that's not your girlfriend." Low blow, but I don't care. He walks out of the house with a slam of the door.

Aubrey walks in looking at me in shock. "Well that's how you do it." She high-fives me. "But you were a little harsh. He's head over heels in love with you." He might be or he might not be.

"If it's meant to be he will wait for me." I say sitting back on the couch.

"Landon just told me Emma is in a coma. Do you want to come with me to visit her?" She asks as my phone vibrates. Picking it up I stare at it.

"Um I'm going to stay here. I don't feel comfortable leaving the house." Aubrey looks at me suspiciously then looks away.

"Okay well remember security is surrounding the house." I remember. She walks out and I run upstairs changing into jeans and a sweatshirt. I grab my car keys and my phone and rush to my car. Pulling down the driveway I stop at the security check point.

"Ms. Carson where are you going?" What should I say? I've been told that I'm not that good of a liar.

"I'm going to the hospital to visit Emma." I lie quickly.

"Do you need one of us to come with you?" He asks.

"No I'm fine." Pressing the window button my window slides up as I speed down the street into the highway going way past the speed limit. Thankfully I don't get pulled over. Pulling into the parking lot I get out and rush inside.

"I need to speak to the manager." I rush out of breath.

"Follow me." She leads me to the back office and sits me down.

"What can I help you with today?" He asks smiling at me as it wavers once he realizes who he's talking to.

"I need to take out five-hundred thousand now." His eyes widen at the amount.

"Are you sure you want to take all of that money out?" He asks.

"If I wasn't sure I wouldn't be asking you." He stands up and comes back with my money wrapped. Taking my backpack off my back I stuff it all in their quickly. I'm on a time limit and I dint want him to get antsy who knows what he will do.

"Thank you." Walking out I put the bag in my passenger seat and head to the next destination. Hopefully I'm not late. Pulling into the abandoned parking lot I step out not seeing anyone.

"There's my princess all grown up." Turning to my left I see Malcolm walking towards me.

"Here's the money you asked for. Just don't hurt anyone else." I say while throwing the bag at him.

"I won't hurt anyone as long as you do as I say." He steps closer to me and grabs my chin. "I've missed you so much. How you feel under my hands. I've dreamed about having you again." I jerk back from him disgusted. "Don't worry you'll be mine again. You'll come back to me." He laughs.

"What makes you so sure about that?" I glare at him.

"Well I had a friend that worked at an abortion clinic. She's long dead now. She served her purpose, anyways I had her take the baby out of you and made her carry our beautiful child. Once it was born I gave it to a wonderful family well not really. They work for me. Our child is so beautiful. I have people watching her every move." My baby is alive?

"It's alive?" I cry.

"Yup, Gotta say we made a beautiful child. It's a shame you haven't gotten to see the child. So energetic. You might get to meet the child one day, we will be all one happy family." He laughs as he pulls me closer to him. "Then you'll be carrying another one of my babies in here." Malcolm puts his hand on my stomach. "But that's another day." He steps back laughing. "Now I'm going to go build me a fancy house to live in by my I mean our child."

"Boy or girl?" I ask.

"Ah, ah ,ah you can find that out yourself. Don't want you running off." He laughs walking off with my backpack as police cars show up only to find me by myself crying.

"Ms. Carson were going to have to have you come down to the station with us." They hand cuff me as I walk past my family that came along as they stare at me in horror.

My baby has been alive all these years. Under the hands of Malcolm.

Four chapters left!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 1.7K 10
Juliette and Chris had been best friends forever, but one day they both realize that they're not meant to be "just friends" but more. Find out and re...
384 204 42
Tony Robbins once said:"Your past does not equal your future." But what if your past is still unknown? What If there are secrets hidden from the past...
71K 2.8K 37
He enveloped me in his arms, his touch warm, as it always had been. He kissed the side of my throat, the spot where my pulse throbbed in a steady rh...
316 64 27
Wynter is a nineteen-year-old girl whose life is anything but normal. Her father is a famous politician and her mother was kidnapped when she was you...