1D Horror Stories (One-Shots)

By MyIrishOne

Collections of scary horror stories with 1D as themselves. More

Bed Night Time
The Pool After the Dark
Letters to my Dad
Breezy Cold Love (Ziall) [1]
Breezy Cold Love (Ziall) [2]
Breezy Cold Love (Ziall) [3]
Breezy Cold Love [End]
Room 1-D
Ubloo [1]
Ubloo [2]
Ubloo [3]
Ubloo [4]
Ubloo [5]
Ubloo [6]
Ubloo [7]
Ubloo [8] [End]
Ubloo [8.5] [End]
Let me tell you a Story Louis [1] [Niam]
Let me tell you a Story Louis [2] [Harry]
Let me tell you a Story Louis [3] [Zayn]
Let me tell you a Story Louis [End] [Paul]
My College Roommate [1]
My College Roommate [2]
My College Roommate [End]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [1]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [2]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [3]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [4]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [5]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [6]
My Feminine Boy Stalker [End]
Love as Deep as the Ocean [Niam]
The Blood Lust Drink [Zayn•Niall•Harry]
Dear Nialler [1]
Dear Nialler [2]
Dear Nialler [3]
Dear Nialler [End]
⚠ Author's Note ⚠
⚠Squidward's Suicide⚠
Promises [Liam]
Artificial [1]
Artificial [End]
Bright Eyes
Patient #165616
Guardian Angel [Niall]
The Night Lights
In The Walls
Tulpa
Mirror
My Creation
A Christmas Feast
Christmas Wish [1]
Christmas Wish [End]
Burned Photo [1]
Burned Photo [2]
Burned Photo [3]
Burned Photo [4]
Burned Photo [End]
Rabbits in the Creek
Keyhole
The Smile
Basement
My Husband [1] [Nouis]
My Husband [2] [Nouis]
My Husband [3] [Nouis]
My Husband [4] [Nouis]
My Husband [End] [Nouis]
NoEnd House
Footsteps [1]
Balloons [2]
Boxes [3]
Maps [4]
Screens [5]
Friends [End]
Note
Autopilot
One Word Story
The Cellphone Game [1]
The Cellphone Game [End]
⚠ Dating Game [Narry]⚠
Beauty and The Beast [Nouis]
Eternal Love [Ziall]
The Hookup [Niam]
Payne's Secret
LOVE [Narry]
Bizarre Tape
An Awkward First Date [Ziall]
Showers [1]
Showers [2]
Showers [3]
Showers [End]
God's Mouth [Narry]
Blood Red Nails
When He Came Home
Under a Rotting Sky [Ziall]
Clown Dogs
Gym Teacher [1]
My Gym Teacher [2]
My Gym Teacher [End]
A Story To Scare My Son
From Me to You [Ziall] [1]
From Me to You [2]
From Me to You [3]
From Me to You [End]
Lost Valentine [Ziall]
This not an Illusion [Zayn]
Bounded Life
The Space Above The Closet [1]
The Space Above the Closet [End]
Your Nightmare [Niall]
My Secret Job [Zayn]
Our Masterpiece [Harry]
Inside The Crawl Space [Louis]
The Musicians [Liam]
Rose [Niall]

Freak [Nouis]

718 44 22
By MyIrishOne

3rd Person's POV.

"Louis! Pay attention!" he heard his teacher say. He snapped out of his reverie and looked up to see her glaring at him. "Did you hear anything I've been saying?" she continued.

Louis shrugged his shoulders. Prior to being disrupted, he was daydreaming that he could freeze time, and before that he was imagining himself navigating the classroom if he was only 5 inches tall.

The teacher continued to rant at him, just as they all did, then she placed him on detention Friday night after school.

Why is it that schools are so intent on crushing a child's imagination? What is it about creative kids that piss so many teachers off? They punished him for sketching or writing stories in class. They punished him whenever he slipped into a daydream. His artwork wasn't the right style for his art teacher; his music was too modern for his music teacher, and he was even forbidden from using mnemonic techniques to revise for exams. Whenever he strayed from their formula and their methods, he was punished and told he would never amount to anything.

At the end of the school day the kids rushed towards the gates, saying goodbye to all their friends and classmates. Nobody said goodbye to Louis though. They barely noticed him unchaining his bike for the lonely ride home.

As he approached his teens, he was finding it hard to connect with other kids and was used to being excluded. Louis' only companion was his diary, in which he confided his thoughts and feelings. Every night before bed, he would make an entry...

Dear Diary,

Another shit day at school. Wandered the playground alone. Picked up another detention Friday night.
On the plus side, there are some great Xbox games coming out this month.

Louis

The following day transpired much the same...

Dear Diary,

I hung around the boys in my class today, watching them play football. I thought they were going to ask me to join in, but they just wanted me to fetch the ball. I decided to spend my break time in the library instead.
Got into an argument with mum and dad again. I told them I'm on detention tomorrow night and they threatened to take away my books and Xbox. If they did that my life wouldn't have much point.

Louis

The following day at school Louis made an effort to focus on his classes. Every time he caught his mind drifting away, he'd try to snap his attention back to the words of the teacher. That lasted all of 15 minutes before he slipped into another daydream.

When the school bell signalled home time for the kids, he made his way to the detention hall. At least here nobody was telling him what to think about. The supervising teacher read a book while Louis and two other boys stared at the walls until their hour was up. When he was done, he headed outside to unchain his bike. It had started to rain and dark clouds hung in the sky making it feel much later than it was.

Louis rode his bike along his usual route home, over the wet deserted roads, but before he could reach the home stretch, he noticed a gang of older boys lurking in one of the streets. They looked like trouble so he chose to circumvent them via a patch of wasteland behind the houses. The pavement gave way to a rocky and uneven dirt track at the foot of a tall grass bank. He steered onto the grass to avoid some broken bottles, but it was soft and slippery from the rain. The front wheel slid out of control, throwing Louis over the handlebars. He landed on his back, knocking the wind out of him.

He appeared not to be seriously hurt, but sat on the ground for a while as he attempted to catch his breath. He was wet and his bike lay in a heap in front of him.

"Are you ok?"

Louis looked round trying to locate the source of the voice. It sounded like a young boy.

"Is your bike damaged," he asked. It was coming from the top of the bank, but he couldn't see who was speaking.

He pulled himself to his feet and started to clamber up towards the unidentified voice. A line of houses backed onto the bank, overlooking the wasteland below. In one of the gardens stood a boy, peering through a wire fence.

"I saw you fall and just wanted to check you were all right," he said.

"I'm ok...thanks," Louis puffed,
gasping for breath.

The boy opened the gate and gestured for Louis to enter. The lawn was overgrown and the house looked run down, but that barely registered in his mind as he laid eyes on the boy in front of him. He had damped blonde hair with a blue shirt matches his shorts; a pale and flawless complexion with pink cheeks, and eyes like droplets of sky. He was beautiful.

Louis didn't know what to say. He was out of practice when it came to talking to boys or girls... or to kids in general.

"I left my bike," he said, standing on the threshold.

"We can bring it up to my garden if you like. We can check it over, make sure it's safe to ride," offered the boy. "Come on, I'll help you."

The two of them made their way down the grassy bank and wheeled the bike back up to the boy's garden.

"Err...thanks," said Louis.

"That's fine."

They checked over the bike, though Louis was thinking only of the boy he was with. He'd never experienced such kindness from a stranger before.

"I'm Niall," he said.

"I'm Louis."

"So are we meant to shake hands or something?" he said, reaching out.

Louis smiled and gently shook his delicate hand.

"Do you have to rush home or do you want to hang out for a while?" he asked. "I can't invite you in because mother's asleep, but I know somewhere we can shelter from the rain."

Louis checked his watch. "Ok. I have to be home by eight though."

"Great! Follow me."

Louis picked up his bike and wheeled it along as Niall led the way. They exchanged small talk and he found himself more at ease than he had felt for a long time. They came across a small cove of trees where the branches intertwined to form an overhead canopy.

"It's not much, but it'll keep the rain off us. We can sit here," said Niall, taking a seat on a log and motioning for Louis to join him.

He leaned his bike against a tree and sat next to him. "So, do you hang out here a lot?"

"Yes. Sometimes I need to get out of the house. Mother sleeps a lot, you see. She gets really annoyed when I make noise, so I try to keep out of her way."

"I understand," Louis replied, sympathetically. "I have arguments with my parents too."

"Really? Over what?"

Louis looked down before saying, "I disappoint them."

"I'm sure that's not true."

"I'm no good at anything and I'm always in trouble at school."

"Are you one of those bad kids?"

"No, I'm really not. I just can't concentrate on the classes. They bore me."

"That's not so bad."

"My parents wish they had a normal son who was into sports and did well at school. When I try talking to them about the stuff I'm into or the stories I'm writing, they just roll their eyes," he said. "Most people just avoid me."

"I didn't avoid you, Louis." Niall placed his hand on him as he spoke. He flinched slightly at his touch. He looked at him until he raised his head and their eyes met. "I would love a friend like you," he added.

Louis couldn't repress the smile that stretched across his face. "Do you want to hang out tomorrow?"

"I'd like that. Meet me in my garden around three?"

"Ok," he agreed.

They continued chatting a bit longer before deciding to head home. Louis gave Niall a lift on his bike, dropping him off at his garden before making his way home for the night.

Dear Diary,

I've had an amazing day and I think I've made a new friend! His name is Niall. He's beautiful and sweet. We really clicked and he gets me. We're meeting again tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you updated.

Louis

As arranged, Louis met Niall in his garden. He was wearing that same blue shirt and shorts. He noticed it was torn and frayed in a few places, but he looked even more beautiful in the clear daylight. They went for a ride on his bike and he showed off some stunts. He appeared impressed and gave him a round of applause. He explained that he'd never learned to ride a bike, so he decided to teach him, gently guiding him to make sure he didn't fall. As he placed his hand on his back, he noticed that his shirt was damp. Had he not dried it from the rain yesterday? Did he not have any other clothes? he wondered, but he kept his thoughts to himself.

"Freak!"

Louis turned around to see a bunch of on-looking kids. They were shouting out and laughing amongst themselves.

"Freeeak!" they yelled again.

Niall pulled Louis aside. "Take no notice. I get it all the time."

"But, why?"

"It's because I'm poor and my house is a dump," he said. "Don't pretend you haven't noticed."

"Freeeeaaaak!" the kids continued.

Louis had always shrunk away from confrontation, but he found himself tapping into courage he never knew he had. He puffed up his chest and pulled back his shoulders, ready to face them. The kids scurried away nervously.

"Forget about it. They're just idiots," he said, tugging at his arm.

Louis and Niall returned to their little den in the trees where he allowed his temper to settle. He couldn't understand why they called him a freak. Aside from the frays and tears on his dress, he didn't look poor, especially from a distance. He started to wonder if they knew something about him that he didn't.

They continued talking and discovered a number of interests in common. Niall loved reading too, but confessed that he didn't go to school much. When Louis asked why, he said it was complicated and offered no more. He figured it had something to do with his mother, but decided to drop the subject. They spent the entire afternoon laughing and playing together and forgot all about the incident.

Louis dropped him off at his garden. He looked up at the house. He was right: it was a dump. He felt so sorry for him. Despite the arguments with his parents, he was always well fed and well dressed and had nice presents at Christmas and birthdays. Maybe one day he could whisk him away.

They stood facing each other for a moment. Their eyes met, but Louis broke his gaze to check his watch. "Well, it's getting late. I guess I should get going."

Niall leaned in and wrapped his arms around him. "This has been one of the best days of my life," he whispered into his ear.

"Mine too," he replied, sincerely.

Louis peddled his bike home, a smile stretched across his face and a fluttering in his chest.

He met with Niall again the following day and every night after school.

Dear Diary,

I'm sorry I've not written any updates this week. I have been spending a lot of time with my new friend, Niall. I've never met anyone like him before and I can't stop thinking about him. He's so caring and when I talk, he actually listens to me. I stop myself sometimes when I think I'm rambling, but he always asks me to carry on and says he finds me fascinating.

I think about him as more than just a friend sometimes. He hugs me and compliments me a lot and it makes me wonder. He had a big argument with her mum last night and cried on my shoulder. We held each other so tightly and just stood there for ages in the rain. He looked up at me with those big blue eyes and I wanted to kiss him so much. I think he wants me to, but I'm scared to ruin what we have.

Something really bothers me though. All the kids keep calling him a freak. It happens whenever they see us together and I don't understand why. He says it doesn't bother him, but it must. Why are people so cruel? I notice he wears the same tatty shirt every day and I worry that his mom is neglecting him. But I've planned a nice surprise for tomorrow.

Louis

When they met the next day, Niall joined Louis on his bike and they took off along the main road towards town.

"Where are we going?" he asked.

"It's a surprise!"

"I don't get to go into town any more," he said. "This is so exciting!"

They arrived at a shopping mall and Niall seemed overjoyed, mesmerised by the wonders in front of him. They walked round, admiring things in the shop windows and when Niall pointed out a shirt he really liked, Louis offered to buy it for him.

"That's the surprise," he told him. He'd been saving his pocket money for some new games, but the past week he hadn't even turned on his Xbox.

"What? Really?" Niall was jubilant. "But I can't, Louis. That's your money...I can't."

Louis insisted and assured him it was what he wanted, so they went inside and bought the dress.

"I'll wear this for you tomorrow," he said, and gave him a big hug. "I can't wait!"

Louis treated him to something to eat and drink in a fast food place, but the stares they got from the people in there made them very uncomfortable, so they decided to finish their food outside. In fact, they endured a lot of stares in the mall that day, as well as a few giggles and Louis was sure he heard the word "freak" a few times too. But it wasn't enough to ruin their day or snap him out of the bliss he felt when they were together. Besides, Louis secretly hoped that the new outfit he'd bought for him would put an end to the name-calling.

When he met him the following day he was wearing the new outfit as promised. It was dark purple polo shirt and a dark skinny jeans. He had quiffed his hair too. Louis was taken aback.

"Do you like it?" he asked.

"I love it!" he replied.

That evening they decided to leave the bike behind and go for a stroll over the local park.

"Do you ever dream about your ideal future?" he asked.

"All the time."

"Do you ever picture yourself falling in love? Or walking hand in hand, taking the dog for a run over the park on a Sunday afternoon then snuggling up on the sofa in the evening, watching movies?"

"I guess so," Louis said. The truth is, he'd thought about it a lot, especially since meeting Niall.

"A boy can dream," he sighed.

The following ten minutes passed in silence as they walked through the park, taking in the autumnal colours and kicking through leaves. Then he felt Niall reaching for his hand. He held onto it and they continued walking hand in hand. He felt butterflies in his stomach and in that moment he couldn't have been happier.

Unfortunately, it was soon to be interrupted.

Three boys, a few years older than Louis, stood in their path. "Look, it's the freak!" one of them said.

Louis released Niall's hand and positioned himself between him and the boys. "Leave him alone," he warned them.

"Is that your boyfriend?" one of them laughed.

"Mind your own business."

"How about I steal him from you?" the biggest of the boys threatened. "I'll snap his head off and use it as a football!" At this point, the boy reached out and grabbed Niall's arm. As he pulled him towards the guy, he fell over.

Louis snapped. He threw a punch into the larger boy's jaw, who dropped to the floor in an instant. He then swung at the other boy, catching him on the nose. He felt it crunch on impact and blood spurted out. The remaining boy saw his opportunity and punched Louis under his eye, but it wasn't enough to knock him down. Adrenaline rushed through Louis' veins as he grabbed him in a headlock and tightened his grip until he screamed for mercy.

"Louis! Stop!" he heard Niall say. He looked down to see he was still lying on the floor. He released his grip and all three boys staggered away, defeated and humiliated.

"Fuckin' freak!" one of them muttered.

Louis ignored the parting shot and attended to Niall.

"Are you hurt?" he asked him as he lifted him onto his feet.

"No, I'm fine," he said. "But your eye...it's all swollen." He ran his fingers lightly over Louis' face, where he'd caught a punch.

"It's nothing," he replied.

Niall leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you Louis. Nobody has ever done anything like that for me. You were so brave."

He blushed.

"By the way, you dropped something," he said, handing Louis his watch.

"It must've come off in the fight. It's a good thing you found it! My granddad left it to me when he died and my parents would go crazy if I lost it."

"It's beautiful," he said. "I've never had a watch before."

"Want to try it on?" he offered. "You can wear it until we get back." He adjusted the strap and fastened it onto his narrow wrist. He held it in the air and flaunted it as though it was some valuable treasure. It was endearing how much he appreciated the little things. Everything about Louis seemed to impress him.

They continued walking and he noticed he was limping. "I just twisted my ankle a bit, that's all."

"I'll give you a piggy back," said Louis, crouching slightly so he could jump on his back. He was surprised at how light he was. He walked him all the way home, right to his door.

"You'll have a black eye tomorrow," said Niall, touching his face again. "What will you tell your mum and dad?"

"I'll make something up. I'm good at that."

They lingered for a moment. Their eyes met, only this time neither of them turned away. Louis glanced down at his tender lips, brushed back his hair and leaned in closely. He kissed him and he reciprocated. He felt his heart pounding.

They gently pulled apart and gazed into each other's eyes. He started to giggle nervously. "I've been waiting for you to do that," he told him.

Louis beamed at him. "See you tomorrow," he said, as he retrieved his bike.

"I can't wait!" he replied.

He couldn't stop thinking about him on the way home, about their kiss. He was overcome with euphoria and wanted to greet everyone he passed and announce his happiness to the world. Just over a week ago, he'd meant nothing to anyone and was just some lonely failure. Now he was a hero who had taken on three older bullies and got the boy. Life couldn't be better.

He reached the front of his house and went to check the time. "Damn!" Louis exclaimed, realising he'd forgotten his watch. He trusted Niall and considered leaving it with him until tomorrow, but he started to imagine his parents stressing out, before marching him to his house and demanding it back. He couldn't face the embarrassment.

Louis turned his bike around and headed back to Niall's house. By the time he got there, the sun was going down and darkness was falling over the streets. He noticed there were no lights on at the front of the house. Afraid of aggravating her mother, he decided to head round to the back garden where they usually met, hoping he could attract her attention.
No lights on in the back of the house either.

"Niall!" he called out, in a half whisper. He made his way through the overgrown grass and weeds, drawing towards the house. He called out again, but no response.

He walked up to one of the windows and peered inside. He could see what looked to be a dilapidated kitchen. The walls were streaked with peeled wallpaper, the surfaces were covered in plaster and dust, and broken tiles lay on the floor. Louis felt his heart sink on seeing the deprived conditions in which Niall was living.

He moved round to the next window. A dirty net curtain obscured his view, but in an otherwise empty and undecorated room, he could make out the figure of a boy. His back was turned to the window and he was gazing into a mirror.

"Niall?" he called out. No response.
He knocked the window. He didn't move. He knocked again, a little harder, but he remained perfectly still. A sense of foreboding loomed over him. He knocked again.

"Niall! It's me, Louis." His pulse started to race and he struggled to swallow. Something wasn't right.

He headed to the back door and found it unlocked. The house looked even worse on the inside. There was plaster over the floors, holes in the ceiling and no carpet or wallpaper. It looked abandoned. He crept slowly through the shadowy hall towards the room in which he had seen the boy. Floorboards creaked underfoot and he remembered Niall telling him how annoyed his mother would get when disturbed. He could feel himself trembling. It wasn't about the watch now; he just needed to check he was ok.

Slowly, he opened the door and an icy shiver ran over his body. He felt his knees buckle and his stomach churn at the sight before him: a pale mannequin with rosy cheeks and blond quiffed hair. It was wearing the purple polo shirt that he'd bought from the mall. Its glassy blue eyes stared blankly into a dirty mirror.

Fear gripped his body, but he needed to know the truth. He drew closer and gently pushed the mannequin. It toppled to the floor and lay there stiff and lifeless. That's when he noticed his watch fastened around the mannequin's narrow wrist.

Louis could feel his head spinning and his heart pounding as repressed memories came flooding back and his fantasy started to give way to reality. He ran outside and jumped on his bike. Tears streamed down his face as he peddled furiously away from that house...

forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.9K 386 22
Just a bunch of Larry one shots so you don't get bored. Updates will be I actually have no clue 🌏28#louiswillamtomlinson
150K 2.1K 68
Just some oneshots written by me. This is my First book so I hope you like it 😊 Requests are always open.
15.2K 184 32
1D (Gay) smut oneshots