The broken Horse.

By BreezyandCheer7

I will never leave you.Know matter what. April is left hurt and alone after a life altering fall from her new... More

The broken Horse.
Finding Hugo....
I take it your the owner then?
Coming home...
Competition season!
The trail...
Training sucks...
Understanding Hugo.....
Last minute Training....
Hospital...
When tragedy hits...
Take my hand...And show me how...
The guilt...the guilt that was eating away at me...
My hero...
The disabled horse rider charity....
Awareness....Riding & Celebrations...

Tears....hurt.....& Heartbreak...

4.8K 80 8
By BreezyandCheer7

Please go to my profile and check out my new story I am just starting. It's called ***The horse I got for free*** I'd really appreciate it! Anyone that votes/reads the first teaser chapter I'll give a follow and promote the user on this story!
Thanks in advance!

I woke up at 4:30 that morning, I sat up in bed and wiped my eyes groggily. Getting out of bed I changed into my worn out jodphurs and an old-shirt. I sat at my dresser for about half an hour brushing my tangled hair and tying it into a big messy bun on the top of my head, walking out the door i picked up a Plaited Alice band that was hanging on the handle of my door and slipped it onto my head.

I said hello to the chef Pablo and the maids..Betty,Lucy and Alice. I was about to go and see if Anne was dressed and ready just as my mother came walking down the stairs, "April come here a minute please." walking over to her she looked at me before digging through one of the draws and pulling out a tape measure. She wrapped it around my waist, "April..what have i told you, your waist is now 24 inches your getting fat I'm 34 and my waists a 26, you must be put on a diet immediately i will not have my only child being fat!" she said poking my flat stomach.

If she had said that to me last year for instance i would be in tears right about now, but now it didn't bother me whatsoever i was used to my mum being rude and blunt about things, but i know that i'm not fat if anything i'm skinny. Pulling away from her i scowled at her, "I'm going now, bye!" i said loudly. "She ignored me by walking off down the hall to the kitchen, her heels click clacking on the tiled floor.

Anne was already waiting for me at the door with a couple of my bags, i took them from her and followed her out to the car. You see my mum and dad always try to get me to go everywhere in a Limo but I'm not really a flashy person! First we were driving to the stables to pick up Hugo and the horse truck then we were driving to Brooke Farm, which took about 20minutes. i sat in the front next to Anne with all of my bags covering the three backseats. "You nervous then?" Anne asked me smiling. "No not really, Okay yes i am, i'm so nervous i feel like i'm going to be sick." i gushed. Anne just laughed, "Don't worry April i've seen you and Hugo together when your riding...your made for eachother, trust me on that. I just smiled politely and carried on looking out the window, it was about 5:15am so the sun was just staring to come up but it was still quite dark.

When we arrived at the stables i walked straight round to Hugo's stable , I unbolted the heavy wooden door and put his headcollar and leadrope on, when we walked out into the yard where Anne was waiting with the truck i loaded him onto it with no trouble. I then took all of my bags and put them in the lounge area in the cab, i had a really bad feeling about this now, i don't know if it's just nerves or what, but all i know is that I don't feel good about this now!

When we were all sorted, and ready to go we were just about to leave when Sarah came out of the staff room, in her hand she had a small black box.."April wait! take this." she said putting the small box in my hand. She waved us off as drove back down the driveway, i opened the box a piece of paper fell out onto the foot well, i picked it up..it read, April, in here there are two 20p coins put one in one pocket of your jacket and then one the other side, and then with the string put that in the left pocket. It's a little thing that i've always done at shows, my mum used to say it's good luck. Good luck with the jumps, be safe see you soon! Sarah.X

I put it all back in the box smiling, sometimes i think Sarah's more of a mother to me than my mum, even though she's only young. After arriving at the venue we parked the truck in our allocated spot, we both jumped out then opened the big bolt on the trucks door so we could start to get Hugo ready. "Okay April stay here while i go get us both a hot chocolate," she said shivering slightly, "Okay don't worry Maddie's here now anyway" i said just as Maddie and her mum pulled into to the spot next to us with their big turquoise horse truck that said on the side..Maddie wood<3 and then H O R S E on the rear end of the truck. She jumped out and took Jigsaw down the ramp tying him on the side opposite Hugo, they both nickered to each other, "Hey April Maddie said hugging me."

"Okay mads i'm going to go get a drink, be careful and stay by the truck!" she said laughing as she walked off. We got too work; Combing,Brushing,plaiting, painting and making our horses look beautiful took an hour not as long as normal..because it's a cross country course it's not like show jumping where you get marked on how good you and your horse both look, whereas cross country you look good at the start but after your covered in mud and normally sweaty too! At the end of Hugo and Jigsaw's makeovers they both had a long fish tail in their tails, it was then folded up and tied with a red ribbon for me and a light blue ribbon for Maddie, the maines were plaited into a elegant running plait so it wouldn't get in the way, the horses were groomed to perfection from the tips of their ears to their perfectly hoof oil polished feet.

When Anne came back Julie was walking next to her, them both holding empty cups in their hands both chatting away. "Can you guys stay with the horses while we go and get the information and our numbers from the big Gazebo at the course." We both run towards the Gazebo before they could reply, panting out off breath we stopped running as we got to the tent, taking it in turns we told the judges our name and medical details which was all filed into the folders, they handed us both our numbers. My number was 27, and Maddie's was 20th altogether there were 75 riders in the whole event, so at least we could check out some of the competition before we have our go to check the mistakes some of them have made or where to do exactly what they did.

We both got back to the truck, got dressed with our white jodphurs, white ties, and my Burgundy blazer, "April aren't you wearing a body protector under your blazer?" Maddie said worriedly "No i'm not going to bother, i'll be fine!" i said laughing. Maddie still looked a bit unsure, Glancing at my phone it read 11:35am, i was on at around 12, and we were due to meet the other girls outside the warm up arena any minute now.

"Mummy, i want that one!" a girl of about my age maybe a bit younger screeched at her mum. "okay darling let's go have a look." her mum said sweetly i turned back around standing by Hugo's side protectively.. I didn't like the sound of this girl who ever she was. A hand tapped me on the back, turning around i was greeted by the girl and her mum standing side by side. "Hello can i help you," I said rudely. "How much do you want this horse for" the mum asked me giving me a cold stare, "sorry he's not for sale." i said smirking before turning my back on them, i think they got the message after that and walked off again. Of course i knew that this would happen, Hugo and been the hot topic at the stables and even in Pony magazine, i had already had at least 30 offers to buy Hugo, everyone wanted to buy the mysterious stallion who had seemed to come from out of no where, a horse that had gone from not knowing anything to a fully trained alrounder who had already qualified to be at today's event.

After we had all warmed up, we stayed on horse back as we trotted to where the jumps where taking place, Maddie had just been..she had a refusal with the Water jump but apart from that Her and Jigsaw went over every jump without a hitch. Too quickly it was at number 26, i lined up ready my stomach full of butterflies, even Hugo was a bit restless.... "Ssh ssh boy, it's okay we'll be fine." i said stroking his neck trying to reassured him, it seemed to work because he knickered back at me in response. I was starting to regret that i hadn't put my body protector on, but it was too late, as my name and number as well as Hugo's name was called through the megaphone.

I entered through the gate, there was a lot of clapping..mostly all of the girls from the stables that had come to support the three of us today. As the claxon sounded i set off cantering at a steady pace, not wanting to tire Hugo out before we even started. As we neared the first jump i slowed his pace slightly, getting into position Hugo took off with a big leap the wind whistled past my ears as he flew over the jump, clear. The next 15 jumps all went good! Hugo didn't even come close to touching one of the poles let alone knocking one, he was going steady taking each jump into his stride, keeping his cool as we raced around the track.

As we came up to the last jump, we were going good, the angle was slightly of but apart from that it was good, "Come on Hugo we can do this." i said trying to sound brave even though i didn't feel it, i was far from feeling brave, he took off with a leap slightly to early, cantering the steps, not loosing his footing, but as he went to leap off and across the river, he tripped slightly..the next thing I know we were hurtling towards the ground at a neck breaking speed, I hit the ground first lying sprawled on my back, as i went to roll out of the way off Hugo he landed on me crushing me to the ground, I struggled to breath.. I couldn't feel anything from neck down, "Hu..uu..g..oo" I said trying to turn so I could see his face, tears streaming down my Cheeks, the pain was excrutiating, I couldn't breath it felt like the weight of Hugo was crushing my lungs, I knew I was hurt..badly hurt, but I couldn't feel; my arms,legs,fingers or toes properly and everytime i tried to move it just got worse.There was no response from Hugo as I desperatly called him over and over again, but there was still no response from him. I gave up trying to wriggle out from underneath the great stallion, but with no luck..the pain was getting worse, no i couldn't move even a millimetre with our my limbs and back feeling like i was on fire.

The pain got to much for me, I completely gave up...the last thing i remember was seeing the blue sky change to grey as the clouds covered the sun, and seeing Hugo's legs twisted at an impossible angle.....before......blackness.......

Vote,comment,fan!:D okay so i admit i absoloutely loved that chapter, but i wasn't to sure on how to describe the injuries, cliffhanger! for once, hope you Enjoyed it!:D

-Maia<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 5.8K 149
Austin was a kid that loved to watch Anime, especially Pokemon. Annoyed at how the series was going after Sinnoh, he fell asleep before waking up, so...
218K 6.3K 61
๐๐„๐ˆ๐๐† ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐„๐‹๐ƒ๐„๐’๐“ child of the Kamado family was no easy task. You took on chores with your mother, and soon enough, you had to take car...
70.5K 2.6K 104
Coming Into Your World I Fell In Love With You| "I'm...In love with someone who's in a TV show?! And he's not even in the show he's supposed to be a...
13.2K 341 11
Azra, jeune femme d'une vingtaine d'annรฉes forcรฉe d'รฉpouser un homme qu'elle ne connait absolument pas. ร€ cause de son frรจre aรฎnรฉe ; Tarik. Azra viv...