Saving The Gone

By irtzaqamar

Evelyn Mosby had everything in life that she could have wished for. A perfect family, all the money, a best f... More

Chapter 1 - The Diary
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - First Clue
Chapter 4 - The Museum
Chapter 5 - Second Chances
Chapter 6 - The Deal
Chapter 7 - Evelyn's Revenge
Chapter 8 - Other Half
Chapter 9 - Second Revenge
Chapter 10 - Birthday Call
Chapter 11 - Old Friend
Chapter 12 - Turn Around
Chapter 13 - Another Suicide
Chapter 15 - Final Call
Chapter 16 - Trip Begins
Chapter 17 - Trip Ends
Chapter 18 - Final Page
Chapter 19 - Evelyn Mosby
Chapter 20 - The Goodbye

Chapter 14 - Mario's Party

100 7 0
By irtzaqamar

Chapter 14 - Mario's Party.

We continued sitting in a weird silence for another ten minutes or so.

After Will had jumped I didn't waste another moment, and immediately ran downstairs. I knew it was hardly possible but maybe Will would survive and just have a few --- or a lot --- of his bones broken.

But when we reached down, we saw a lot of people gathered around where Will was lying. Forcing our way forward me and Harry were standing right in front of the body now which was covered completely in blood.

There was no doubt about it. He was dead.

After a while we both ended up back in our car, but we never started it and just sat their in silence.

"He knew it all about Evelyn" I said finally, breaking the ice.

"He knew it all, and we lost him too now" I sighed.

"First Eric and now him" Harry agreed.

"I think our only last hope is Alabama now" I said and he nodded at me.

"At least now we know that Evelyn wasn't murdered" Harry said.

He was right. Despite that all was happening, it was good to know that no one was after her life and all that she did to her self, she did in her conscious.

I finally turned the car on and put my foot on the accelerator.

Laying in the bed that night I couldn't stop myself from thinking about what Will had said before he jumped. I tried my best to think about the last line from Evelyn's first message.

All good except for the part that when you get this, I'll be gone forever. 

What could he possibly be hinting at? She said that she will be gone when I will get that diary, and she is gone. This all just seemed too weird to me.

Weirder than anything before.

When I couldn't bring myself to think what the hint actually was in it, I closed my eyes and forced myself to sleep. This time, sleep didn't deceive me.

It was midnight, everything was dark except for the lamp played on my side table. Something told me suddenly that I wasn't alone in the room anymore.

Following the feeling, I immediately opened my eyes and turned my head left towards the window and just as I thought, a person was there climbing inside of my window.

Just that it wasn't a guy. For a few seconds, I kept looking at her to identify who it actually was before realization came to me.

Who else could it be, except for Evelyn herself.

She climbed my window and was then inside the room, making her way to my bed where I was sitting now.

"Evelyn" I breathed out.

"Just thought I'd say hello" She said as she finally took a seat on the couch opposite to my bed and made herself comfortable.

"Why do you keep coming?" I asked her, getting angry now.

"To let you know that you're not alone" She smiled at me.

"But you're gone. You're not here. And maybe I am alone, but how would you know?" I spat angrily.

"Maybe I would know. Why else would I come every night in your dream?" She said.

And she was right, it was a dream after all.

And just as I completely accepted the fact that it was a dream, my eyes flew open. The sun was already out and It seemed like it wasn't morning but around noon now.

Wiping the sweat from my forehead, I couldn't believe I slept so long.

As I got up from the bed, I realized that today was Friday. It was the day of Mario's party and the day at the end of which we would finally be leaving for Alabama.

Mario called me that afternoon to confirm that I and Harry were coming to his party, since he planned on finalizing everything there too. 

Around eight'o clock Harry came over to pick me up, he was well dressed in some formal dress pant.

"Why are you dressed so formal?" I asked him, looking at my own clothes. I was wearing a red t-shirt with a simple blue jeans.

"Formal attracts" He grinned and I shook my head.

Letting my parents know that we're leaving, we were on our way to Mario's house.

"What is up with every one other than us living in a mansion?" Harry whined once Mario's house was in our sight.

"I wish I knew" I agreed, looking up at the huge house that was in front of us. Calling it huge was the biggest underestimate of the century. 

As soon as we were inside the house, my eyes automatically spotted Mario standing next to the bar with a drink in his hand.

I made my way to him followed by Harry shortly.

"So everything is ready?" Mario asked once we were done with our greetings.

"Yeah" I nodded. 

After a while Mario took me and Harry to an empty room in his house to finalize the plan as he said we will.

"So what time do we leave tonight?" He asked.

"Three am" I told him and he nodded.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in" Mario said as if he was expecting someone, and he probably was because when Marilyn walked into the room he smiled at her.

"I was waiting for you" He said.

I and Harry both looked at Mario at the same time, as if to ask her what she was doing here. 

"Oh I forgot to tell you guys" He smiled "I invited her along too" 

"What?" Harry almost shouted.

"Yeah. She was Evelyn's best friend. If anything, she deserves to go more than us" He explained.

"Who gave you the right to do that?" Harry said, pissed off.

"Calm down Harry" I told Harry before turning to Mario "Does she know everything?" I asked him.

"Funny how people are talking about me like I am not even in the room" She said as she took a seat next to Mario on the bed.

I sighed. "Okay, do you know everything Marilyn?" I said now directing my question directly at her.

"I do mostly" She answered "And I want to come to Alabama to see what we find there related to Evelyn too, please" She pleaded.

"So much for trusting Miss peach's lover" Harry said sarcastically, using another Mario/Luigi reference.

And for a moment, I saw guilt flash through Mario's eyes.

"I suppose Marilyn can come along" I agreed at which she cheered, Mario smiled and Harry groaned.

"It will be four of us then" I said.

As the words were out of my mouth, we heard the sound of flushing of a toilet and the door to the attached bathroom of the room flew open.

All four pairs of eyes went to the door and we saw Ben Radar coming out, closing the open zipper of his jeans.

"Did you hear anything?" Mario asked referring to the conversation we were having.

"Is it really my fault that these walls are very thin?" He shrugged.

"You can not tell anyone" Mario warned him.

"I won't" He promised and I sighed with relief "Only if you guys take me along" He said afterwards.

"No freaking way" Harry stood up with his hands in the air.

"We do not have any other option" Marilyn shrugged looking at me.

I said nothing but looked at Ben for a few seconds, and then he smiled.

He knew that he had won the argument.

"I will leave with my mom's van at two thirty am, and pick you all up. I request that none of us sleeps tonight, as if we can not afford to be even a minute late. Everything is planned. We must be on the road by three" I started explaining and went on, telling them little details of our plan.

This night was probably going to be the longest night of my life ever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

756 10 19
This story revolves around the lives of people living in a small town. Laketown is famous for its paper production company. But the inhabitants were...
5.8K 545 32
There are ways of dying that do not end with a funeral. Types of deaths you can't see, feel or smell. Because death, just like love, has a mind of it...
Marks By Talia Jameel

Mystery / Thriller

150 27 9
5 college students and friends, 5 marks. Melissa, Wesley, Alexander, Isabelle,Markian. The town's mystery in the form of digital marks always worried...
4.7K 911 74
Madison is a reserved girl with a comfortable yet uneventful life back home. She has good grades, a loving sister, and a father who's intent on her l...