The Armored Dragon Alchemist

By UntamedElements

Edward Elric x Reader You were alone, tired and broken. You slipped on a protective mask to keep those from s... More

The Armored Dragon Alchemist
Nice To See You Again- Now Your Ganna Die!
A Strong Name....

... For an Even Stronger Girl

198 7 7
By UntamedElements

I'm sorry that this took so long!

Traits Used:

[H/C] - Hair Color

[Y/N] - Your Name

---------------------------------------------

Chapter Quote: "Life is good when someone needs you." - Oreki Houtarou

---------------------------------------------

Loire•

Your POV*

[E/C] eyes scanned the town in boredom, as the person it belonged to sighed and took a sip of their drink.

The person happened to be you, as well as your partners, Ed and Al. The three of you had just arrived in Loire. It was a peaceful and beautiful town, especially since there were plenty of tourist necessities. Of course, it may have been a little too hot for your auto-mail, not including the heat it made when wearing your [2F/C] cloak.

"Gods children who live upon this land."

"Pray in faith that he shall be saved."

"Those who have lost-"

A twitch of annoyance stung through you as you listened to the broadcast through the bar radio. Your best bet was to tune it out, which in turn, however, left you to have a conversation with the bartender.

He inspected you and the brothers suspiciously. "So what are you guys, street performers or something?" You weren't, but it seemed Ed did perform a spit take.

"Seriously, do we look like Street Performers to you!" Ed asked annoyed, while you just sat and drank your water peacefully.

The man- who you named bartender guy- simply countered with a- "yeah, that's why I asked."

Ed's eyebrow twitched before he jumped from the bar stool and motioned for you and Al to follow.

"Let's go guys." Since you were just as height challenged as Ed, it took a while for you to get down. Of course by then you saw that bartender man was yelling at Al for breaking his radio.

"Hey! Easy, I didn't mean anything by it!"

An apologetic smile wormed its way on your lips as you bowed for the incident. "Sorry sir, it was an accident. We'll fix it."

An incredulous look was sent your way, "how's that, it's smashed to hell!"

Ed just sent him a knowing grin, his eyes filled with pride. "Just watch and learn gramps!"

A few moments later, Al drew a transmutation circle around the broken radio and stood up, his hands placed together before the circle. "Okay! Here I go!" A blinding blue light covered the object before it reveled it's self. The radio was fixed.

You pointed a gloved finger at the newly fixed radio, "how's that?"

Bartender guy looked at the radio in shock. "That's amazing, it's a miracle! You've been touched by the Son God, just like Father Cornello!"

Ed's shoulders slumped. "Touched by who now?" You chuckled lightly at the accidental innuendo while Al explained.

"It's not a miracle it's alchemy." Darn right it is!

"Oh so you three are alchemists? Right I heard about them." A random voice said next to you.

A smug look crossed Ed's face as he puffed out his chest proudly. "Then maybe you've heard of us. We're the Elric Brothers! And the girl next to us goes by Armored Dragon!"

"The Elric Brothers.... Armored Dragon?" A blank look was found on bartender guys face.

"Wait! I do know those names!" Exclaimed a man next to bartender guy.

A man on his left nodded as well, "the Fullmetal Alchemist- Edward Elric! And the Armored Dragon Alchemist- [Y/N] Ryuu! Isn't that right?!"

Praises were sent your way as you and Al were separated from Ed, who had no idea what was going on.

"So you two are the young prodigies we heard about!"

"I get it! Since your covered in a suite of armor that's where you got your name!"

"Wow! The rumors about the Armored Dragon alchemist being beautiful were true!" You blushed cherry red at the compliment.

"I heard you're the only female State Alchemist! Is that true?" Yeah, unfortunately.

A flood of people with questions surrounded you and Al, making it tighter in your little circle. It made you uncomfortable. You just weren't used to people who you didn't know being so close to you. Of course, Al tried to shield you the best he could.

"Oh um... it's not me." Al admitted sheepishly, pulling you closer to him. The crowd went silent in confusion. Then-

"What? You mean it's the little guy over there?"

A dark look crossed Ed's face as he exploded. "Who's little! Come here and say that to my face I dare ya!" Ed wasn't that short. Besides, admitting he was short was like admitting you were too, especially since you guys were the same height.

"So, what's with this guy on the radio?" You asked, bringing everyone out of their antics.

"Tha-That's our leader, Father Cornello." Bartender guy said while shaking with fear at Ed's earlier outburst.

"We were lost until he came to town. He began teaching us all the ways of the Sun God Leto."

"He grants eternal life to the souls of the faithful."

"He can even resurrect the dead! His miracles prove that what he says is true!" Your [E/C] eyes widened at this one.

You looked at Ed between Al's armor. "So this guy's claiming he can bring the dead back to life? Now that's something I gatta see." Scowled Ed skeptically.

---------------------------------------------

Town Square?•

Your POV*

You and the brothers watched as everyone gathered at- what looked like- the town square. An old man stood in front of everyone smiling. Pink soft flowers fluttered everywhere around the crowd, the old man caught one in his hand. And something strange happened.

He transmuted the small pink flower into a large crystallized flower statue.

"So that's it huh." You turned to the two with a hardened look. "What do you think?"

Al looked down at you, "there's nothing to think. That's alchemy no doubt about it."

Ed continued to study the old man with a blank expression. "Some how he's ignoring the law of equivalent exchange. He should of only been able to transmute that flower into an object of equal mass."

'What the hell is going on here?!'

Al's armor shifted, making you wobble on where you sat. Since you couldn't see, Al let you sit upon his arm where the crowd wouldn't block your view. "And he's changing organic matter into inorganic matter. He shouldn't be able to do that, unless...." Your eyes widened in realization at the concept. "Then there's only one way..."

Searching around, you caught sight of a red stoned ring. That's it!

It seemed Ed had caught on as well. "Bingo."

---------------------------------------------

Loire's Church•

Ed's POV*

I heard the church bells sound from outside as we walked into the church's front. A huge stone figure stood in front of the church benches. But what caught my eye was what was in front of that huge figure. A girl.

"Merciful God please here me, hear my prayers, I beg of you." Said the girl while lifting her head up to reveal black hair and pink bangs. "Please bring him back." I scoffed at what she had just said, [Y/N] only smiled, a far away look in her eyes.

"So this is the almighty Leto." I said, startling the praying girl.

She rose to her feet and looked at us with a gentle smile. "Welcome. Are you interested in Letoism?" She asked kindly.

"Nope! Can't say I am, not really the religious type." I stuck a thumb in [Y/N]'s direction. "And I can safely say that she's not either." [Y/N] shot me a grateful look.

Prayer girl only wiped off the shock on her face and smiled while chastising us. "Well I'm sorry to hear that." I'm not. "To no God is like no hope. If we believe in devine grace, and through him all things are possible. If you believed...." A strange look crossed her eye as she stared at me hopefully. "Then surely he would bless you and make you grow taller!" Why you little brat!

"And what's that suppose to mean!" I growled through gritted teeth while Al held me back.

A gentle hand landed upon my shoulder, and I turned around to face the person it belonged to. "Ed stop it. She's just trying to help." [Y/N] scolded while letting out an exhausted sigh. I raised an eyebrow at this, but struck her back.

"I hate to break it to you [Y/N], but if she's calling me short, then she's pretty much saying the same thing to you too." [Y/N] went stiff before looking up with an angered expression.

"I'm not short! It's just that gravity likes me better then everyone else!"

Al tried calming her down while I jumped onto the front church bench. My elbows leaned on the backing, while I crossed one leg over the other.

"Well what about bringing the dead back to life." I asked with a disapproving look on my face, "do you believe that's possible too?"

Prayer girl only continued on with her beliefs. "Yes." I sighed while [Y/N] dropped her shoulders in disappointment.

Pulling out my personal carry log I read off the items with a bored expression. "Water 35 Liters, Carbon 20 Kilograms, Ammonia 4 Liters, Lime 1.5 Kilograms, Phosphorus 800 Grams, Salt 250 Grams, Saltpeter 100 Grams, and various other trace elements." (I'm sorry if I wrote some of those elements wrong. I was listening by ear.) I knew that even if I went as slow as a slug, only [Y/N] and Al would understand what I just said.

"That list represents the complete chemical make up of a human body for the average adult." [Y/N] said gently while looking at the confused girl in front of us.

"It's been calculated to the last microgram, but still. There's never been one reported case of a successfully created human life." I looked up at the girl in anger, while biting off some of the edge in my voice. "And your telling me something modern science can't do, you can do with prayer!"

She snapped.

"Lift by voice to God! And the prayers of the faithful shall be answered!" She yelled with passion in her eyes. I stretched backwards, almost hitting [Y/N] in the chest. 'Oh God I hope she didn't notice!' I thought while blushing furiously.

Eager to make sure she didn't acknowledge the accidental action, I continued. "Did I mention all those ingredients I read off. Down at the market a kid could buy every one of them with the spare change in his pocket."

I pulled my head back, only to end up staring right up into [Y/N]'s [E/C] eyes. A smirk wormed its way upon my lips. "As it turns out, us humans are pretty cheap." I turned my attention to prayer girl, for I heard a scoff escape from her. She sent a look of disgust my way and reprimanded me.

"No that's blasphemy! People of... we are all children of God, created in his image!" I chuckled disdainfully while [Y/N] scoffed, a look of wisdom on her face.

"You have to understand, alchemists are scientists. We don't believe in unprovable concepts like creators or Gods. We observe the physical laws that govern this world, to try to learn the truth." [Y/N] explained while her eyes bore through prayer girls. "It's ironic really. That through the application of science we have in many ways been given the power to play Gods ourselves."

Prayer girl looked at us with a hateful expression, "so your putting yourselves on the same level as God! That's just sheer arrogance!" Her fists clenched by her sides making me feel a little bad about how I said the things I did.

[Y/N] however, continued on as if it were nothing. "You know, there's an old myth about a hero that flew on wings made of wax. He thought he could touch the sun, but when he got too close his wings melted and he came crashing back down to Earth. Right guys." I smirked at her story as Al only looked at her.

'What are you thinking Al?'

"[Y/N], Brother." Al warned us while looking at the terribly upset girl in front of us.

Jumping off the bench I looked at prayer girl. "I'm sorry miss, this is difficult for me and my partner to ask, but do you think your Father Cornello could save two arrogant souls like us?" A bright hopeful look swapped with her upset one.

"Of course, that's wonderful! If anyone can lead you to the Creator's life, he can!"

---------------------------------------------

Father Cornello's Office•

No One's POV*

"Father Cornello. There are some visitors here who wish to see you. Two children, a boy and a girl, and a man who is wearing a suite of armor." A black haired man said while standing straight. "They would only give their names as the Elric Brothers and Armored Dragon."

Father Cornello continued to look out the window with an unreadable expression on his face.

"I can't be bothered now, just send them away." He stopped suddenly when a thought came to him. "Wait. The Elric's. Armored Dragon. Your sure that's what they said, you're positive?" He questioned.

"Yes sir that's what they called themselves, no mistake."

Father Cornello groaned while rubbing a hand down his face. "Damn! Then this is a problem. Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist, and [Y/N] Ryuu, the Armored Dragon Alchemist. They have come to call on us!"

A shocked look grew on the black haired mans face, "that's him in the armor? And the girl in the [2F/C] cloak?!" He asked in disbelief.

Cornello 'hmphed' before he spoke again. "Dressing the part as it would seem. And to think the Armored Dragon is only a little girl." He scratched his chin in thought, "Despite her age I heard she was beautiful."

"But why would two State Alchemist's be here in Liore. Surely they haven't found out about our plans?!" The black haired man growled out with a scowl.

"It's possible these dogs noses are too sharp for their own good."

---------------------------------------------

Liore Church•

Your POV*

The girl-who you found out was named Rose- walked besides you, Ed, and Al through a hallway towards Cornello. "This way please. Father Cornello is a very busy man, as you can imagine. But you're in luck, he's decided to spare a moment for you." Said a black haired man as he lead you four inside the room. You walked on Al's left trying not to bump into his armor. Granted that was only one time, but he felt bad and wouldn't stop apologizing over your mistake.

"Yeah thanks. We understand, we won't take too much of his time." Ed said while walking instep behind your gracious leader.

"Good. It's agreed, we'll make this quick." The black haired man growled while pulling something out of his robe- most likely a gun. The other guards took out spears.

Aw Shit. And just when you thought it was going to be a good Monday!

One of the guards wearing a white robe pulled you away from Al and smashed you into the brick wall, holding you against the cold tile harshly. Ed didn't look any better. He had two spears in an 'x' position holding him back. And of course Al had the better end of the stick. He only had a gun pointed at him. No fair!

"Brother Cray what is this, what do you think your doing?!" Rose screeched while glancing at the three of you who were contained.

"Rose, these heathens have come to in snare and disregard the Father. They're evil, this is God's will." Cray explained to the terrified young girl while keeping his gun fixed onto Al. A pair of eyes caught yours and you smirked beneath your bangs. Show time.

"Well like you said let's make this quick!" You grunted out while turning your guards body and slamming him head first into the brick wall. Standing up you brushed some stubborn [H/C] locks out of your face as you crossed your arms over your chest in annoyance. So lets recap what you missed. Ed flipped his captures and Al punched Cray in the face. Now back to the amazing movie!

A terrified guard started to run away from the three of you in desperation and call for help.

He didn't get too far.

Ed had picked up a stray lying spear and threw it under the running guards feet, sending him barreling to the ground. "All right strike!" Ed shouted while pumping a fist in the air childishly. The two of you shared a quick high five.

"What's this commotion?"

You turned to the new voice that had said this and found it to be the old guy you had seen earlier. "Ah the Fullmetal and Armored Dragon Alchemist. Welcome to the home of our sacred order." A smile light up on Rose's face as she found out who it was.

"Father Cornello!"

You rolled your eyes, but winced when you felt pain in your neck and back. That wasn't good.

Ed and Al didn't seem to notice your predicament. The two boys were to busy staring at Father Cornello.

"I must apologize for my disciples' behavior. It would seem they've been misguided..." Cornello apologized, while staring you up and down. "I don't see why they would hurt such a beautiful young girl." You were suddenly pulled into someone's side. Blond hair fell into your vision as you looked up to see Ed holding you close.

Too close!

"Okay, let's say we believe you weren't the one guiding them. What next?" Ed growled out before tightening his hold on you, making you wince.

"Too tight Ed. Please let go." You whispered into the blonds ear, causing him to loosen his grip, but not let go. You breathed a sigh. Good enough.

"Have you come to learn the ways of Leto?" Cornello asked, interrupting the two of you.

You glowered at the pervert before you, "well, there are a few things we're curious about..."

"Like how you've been using second rate alchemy to deceive your followers." Ed finished for you.

Father Cornello smiled widely while you heard Rose gasp. "My dear boy, I don't know what you mean. What your doubting eyes see as alchemy are the miracles of the Sun God Leto." A bright red light glowed from his clasped hands. "Look again. Could mere alchemy create something from nothing in this way?"

You watched as he held up a Leto statue. Your breath caught in your throat. 'No way..' You thought astonished.

"Yeah, that's what I didn't get at first... How can you perform transmutations that ignore the law of equivalent exchange?" Ed asked the priest in humor. You finally caught on.

"As I said, because it isn't alchemy!" Cornello burst out in small fury, causing you and Ed to grin.

"But then I started thinking about it... if you'd somehow managed to acquire a certain object to amplify your alchemy... one that's said to make the impossible possible..."

The two of you said the last sentence in unison. "That would explain everything."

"What?"

"We're talking about the Philosopher's Stone." You growled out with a hardened look, pulling out of Ed's tight grip.

"Your ring. That's it, isn't it?"

"We've been looking for that." Ed said with a sharp glare pointed towards Cornello.

"The ring is just a ring. I am God's humble servant. It is from He alone that I derive my power." Cornello argued, still a smile evident on his ugly face. You watched as Ed moved towards the old geezer in slow menacing steps. You walked towards him as well.

"You're still trying to sell that line, huh? If that's the way you want to play it, I guess we'll have to come up there and beat some truth out of you."

When you glanced up again, Cornello did not have a smile. "My, you really are quite the incorrigible heathens, aren't you... Rose dear."

Rose glanced up at her idol in slight fear, "yes Father?"

He grinned wickedly. 'That gun there besides you. Pick it up." Your eyes widened in realization at his plan.

"Uh... okay..." Rose hesitantly picked up said object.

"Now child, I want you to shoot the Fullmetal Alchemist. Leave the Armored Dragon Alchemist. I want her for a... 'Special Job.'" The three of you glanced at each other, but then back at Rose.

"No, I... Father I can't do that!" Rose exclaimed with fear in her every word. She trembled with unbelief in her eyes.

Cornello spoke with clear bitterness. "I am the 'Sun Gods' chosen emissary, my word is the word of Leto itself." A shadowed look crossed his features. "Shoot him Rose. It's God will."

You watched as Rose hesitantly brought the gun to her chest. You wanted so badly to go over and tell her it's okay. But it's not.

"Why hesitate when you lost your fiancé in that tragic accident last year? Who was it that saved you from the very depths of despair? Have you forgotten?"

Your eyes blazed with fire at his harsh words that seemed to open scars that Rose kept carefully hidden. You stepped forward, about to put this damned fool in place before you saw Rose's reaction.

"I-It was you Father." Her feeble voice whispered behind chocked tears.

"Yes. It was I who took your hand an led you into God's light! And do you recall what it was that I promised you then?" Cornello asked with a certain smugness in his voice.

Rose snapped and stared up at him with a hardened look. "You told me if I had faith that you would bring him back to life!"

And that's when she gathered the courage to point the gun.

But at the wrong person.

"N-No wait! It's not me, honest!" Al screeched as he saw the gun close in on his metal form. Rose looked up in surprise at his outburst.

Edward shuffled beside you before whipping his hands back and forth in frustration. "Dammit! I'm the Fullmetal Alchemist it's not him! It's me!"

You rolled your eyes and reached a hand out, grasping the blonde strands that resided in a braid before gently yanking it backwards.

"Ow! Damnit [Y/n], what was that for?!" Ed exclaimed, a gloved hand rubbing the irritated spot that you pulled.

Cornello's outburst from above disturbed your one sided conversation. "It's the short one?! You're kidding!"

A click then sounded again, the holder of the sound pointing the object at Ed now. "I'm sorry, but I have to do this. I don't have any choice." Rose apologized in a soft voice, some words taking on a high pitch because of regret.

All was silent for a few moments, but then you spoke. "Rose, he's lying to you. He can't do the things he says he can."

"You're wrong! Father Cornello will bring him back to life. I have faith!" Rose argued stubbornly, though her arms started to shake with doubt. Your eyes caught her's.

"If you're so sure that he is right, shoot. Shoot an innocent person for doing their job. But just know that if you shoot, I will retaliate." You warned, your voice sharp and dangerous. A hand grasped your shoulder after that little speech, as if to say 'it's okay,' for you did not like to threaten people. Especially if that person was being manipulated.

A loud bang surrounded the room, hard metal hitting another form of hard metal, creating a clanging sound.

"Alphonse!"

"Al!"

Al's body hit the ground, his helmet rolling away from his armored stature.

Rose clutched at her face, a terrified scream erupting from her mouth.

Cornello smirked in pleasure, uninterested in the fact that the girl he ordered to murder was upset. "Good. God Leto is pleased. You have done well, my child." He praised. "Now pick up the gun and shoot the other as well. Leave the girl, though."

Ed and you rushed to help Alphonse, who was busy getting up from the ground. "Haven't you made her do enough already?"

You smirked at the shocked looks on Cornello and Rose's face. "I don't think I'll ever get over that face. What about you Ed?"

The blonde haired teen turned to you, nodding his head in agreement. "Nope. I don't think I will either."

A hitched breath sounded from behind you. "But... your head! I thought you were-"

"Don't worry 'bout it. He's pretty solid. Ain't ya, Al~" You stated, snaking your arms around the cold metal and squeezing as hard as you could without bruising.

Ed looked at you with a cocked head, eyebrows raised in a questionable manner. "Now I don't even know what you're talking about, and I don't think I want to know. So let's move on."

You shrugged, unashamed.

"Well, there's no harm done. See-"

You gestured to Ed, who knocked on his brother's chest plate, while Al leaned down to show her what was inside.

Nothing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 6.1K 45
Alchemy. A science formed around the laws of equivalent exchange. Edward and Alphonse Elric learned the hard way that nothing can be exchanged for a...
26.3K 1K 22
After your parents died, the Rockbell family had raised you like you were their own flesh and blood. Winry and you acted like sisters, but other than...
12.1K 667 15
This is my first ever fan fiction story, so please no hate. This is an Edward x Reader story. You've been friends with Edward and Alphonse Elric for...
46.5K 1.8K 12
I don't know what I was getting my hopes up for. What type of girl would fall for a suit of armor? *** Alphonse Elric is a fuzzy, cat-loving, soft-he...