Unexpected Outcomes

By Vegvisir

Assassin Creed Syndicate Female reader insert fanfic Based loosely on one of the missions within the game. More

Unexpected Outcomes
Later
Lambeth Asylum
A cold December night
A night at the theatre
The Train Hideout
Evie's angry
A surprise Visitor
Boredom
Into the blinding darkness
Until Tomorrow
You surprise me Jacob
Excuse the mess
Don't be ludicrous
Jacob will Understand
The girl's not stupid Jacob
Forgive me?
Lets go and finish this
A hell of a day

Several weeks later

3.7K 99 37
By Vegvisir

City of London stronghold

"Bout bloody time" Mac sighed tiredly  as he uncrossed his arms and pushed himself from the crate he'd been sat on "don't know what takes you so long to get ready"

You slowly closed the battered, beaten wooden door to the house you shared with some of the other Rooks and began to step down the botched steps towards Mac. It's was a basic house in desperate need of renovation, tiles missing from the roof and planks nailed to a couple of the windows but it was enough to grant you shelter from the cold winters nights and being nestled deep within the Rooks stronghold it meant you were safe... No Blighters ever dared to come near and them that did were soon seen to.

"You can't rush a lady Mac" you smiled pulling your coat a little tighter protecting yourself as best you could from the biting cold

"I wasn't referring to no lady.... I was referring to you " he said with a playful laugh to his voice as you scuffed up next to him

You cast him a mischievously stern look, the first suggestions of a smile beginning to creep across your face.

"Come on" he growled lightly  as you both began to walk away from your home and through the strong hold "there's been mention of some Blighters hanging closeby, looking for some trouble in Grosvenor Square..... Reckon we should head over, give em exactly what they're looking for .... What do you say?" He asked with an expectant smile, his eyes glinting excitedly from under his heavy brow

"Lead the way" you smiled with a nod offering your arm forward.  Mac nodded agreeably, happy with your response

"Well it'd be rude not to, I reckon" he laughed gently as he took the lead. Catching a quiet laugh in your nose you watched him step away, eventually following his lead and the both of you strode towards the perimeter of the stronghold and the nearby road.

You were just approaching the last building when  you heard your name being called loudly through the still winters air from behind you. Scuffing to a noisy halt you both turned to see Jacob emerging from one of the nearby buildings, he skipped quickly down the wooden steps and over to where you now stood

"Ah good morning Jacob" Mac smiled, greeting him.

"Good morning Rooks, I trust you're both well?.....actually, I'm glad I caught you before you disappeared for the day" He smiled as he turned slightly to look at you, " where you off?" He asked, you halted momentarily, your mind going completely blank as you found yourself lost within his warm pooling hazel eyes and his wide cheeky smile.

Mac glanced down at you, he frowned slightly at your awkwardness around Jacob

"We're off down Grosvenor Jacob sir, we 'erd there was a gang of Blighters been involving themselves in things they shouldn't down there, preying on thems that can't defend themselves....... We was going to tell em... ....You know........"he paused before smiling widely "to move along" his large smile looked oddly out of place upon his misshapen, malformed features, The years of brawling clearly having taken their toll.

Jacob chuckled lightly and gave a slight satisfied nod, pleased that his rooks seemingly took so much pride within their compass.

"Excellent" he smiled enthusiastically "but I need you to do something for me first though.... You could just possibly save my arse from a roasting from my nearest....I need for you to collect Evie from the Whitechapel stronghold... Said I'd do it myself but it bloody clean slipped my mind and I'm meeting with Mr Dawin in the next twenty minutes......... Can you go straight away?......You know what she's bloody like, she'll be wanting my guts for garters if she's kept waiting"

"Not a problem Jacob" you said enthusiastically, your eyes still drinking in his ruggedness 

"Ahhh really?" He gave a relieved sigh "I'll be forever grateful.... "He said with a slight glint in his eye "my carriage is secured up on the road, take that and be quick, yes?" he said with a thankful nod. "And.......Be on alert ...... Another couple of Rooks went missing in Southwark a couple of days back"

"Another two?" Mac questioned, his brow furrowing

"Yes" Jacob sighed as he shifted his weight uncomfortably

"Are you any closer to finding out who's behind it all?" You asked hopefully, you smiled coyly as Jacobs gaze caught yours.

Jacobs mouth narrowed slightly, pulling wide as he thought a moment "I have a few ears to the ground.... Let's just say that. It's just a matter of time....I'll find out who it is and when I do they'll wish they'd never messed with us Rooks eh......"

"Well if there's anything we can do to help Jacob!" You replied with a nod to the head

"Come now" huffed Mac interrupting  "let's not keep Mr Frye any longer" he lifted his glance towards Jacob. " we'll be in Whitechapel and with Miss Evie as soon as guv "

" Tell her I got waylaid or something" he replied with a slight dismissive wave of his hand  "I trust you.....she'll baying for my blood"

"Of course Jacob.... Right away" Mac said placing a couple of his fingers to his forehead suggesting a slight salute.

Mac grasped hold of your coat and pulled you away making you stumble ever so slightly

"There's a shilling in it for you if Evie's not as mad as I'm expecting her to be when you get back!" Jacob called loudly  after you as he watched you walk quickly away. Mac still grasped your clothing and began to scold you as you went. Jacob smiled widely, catching a small nasal laugh as he heard Mac chastise you quietly as you left.

"You are so bloody embarrassing!" Scolded Mac "take a look at yourself woman.... Like some stupid lovesick young girl"

"No.....I.......am.......not!" You remonstrated as you snatched your coat from his grip "what do you know about anything you big massive bloody oaf!"

"I know when you're making a complete simpleton of yourself" he scoffed

"Well you should know.... You make one of yourself all the bloody time!!!" You hissed back as you reached the road and began to make towards Jacobs small horse and carriage.

"Here do you think you're capable of driving or is your head still foggy and full of fluff?" He asked as he hopped quickly up onto the drivers seat of the carriage.

"Funny!..... Very funny" you sighed loudly as you pulled yourself up taking the seat next to him. You snatched the worn leather reins from his fat fingers.

"I drive" you replied shortly with a slight scowl from under your brow. Unable to keep the pretence up any longer Mac began a wheezy laugh

"You really are an idiot, pure and simple .......do you know that" he laughed as you snapped the reins loudly making the chestnut mare kick into a steady trot.

You smiled warmly at your exchange as you began to negotiate some of the rush hour carriages that were slowing in the road, with a quick glance over your shoulder you pulled at the reins and manoeuvred the carriage around them.

"Right we better get a move on eh" you said as your eyes watched the cobbled road steering the horse carefully   "so Whitechapel......best way?" You mused quietly to yourself as you thought out your route " Victoria bridge ........ Southwark and then up Brighton road into Whitechapel ? That way?" You sought confirmation as you snapped the reins making the horse break into a steady canter

"Yeah reckon so....."Mac replied with a quick nod as he grasped tightly onto the rail steadying himself "I wish you'd let me drive"

"Ahhh hush man" you grinned as you lead the carriage expertly through the oncoming traffic.

*

You made best haste through the busy cobbled London streets weaving in and out of the slower  moving morning traffic. Cracking  the reins every few minutes, you urged  the horse to go as fast as you could muster through the busy morning commuters. Your recklessness occasionally met with a few choice words from fellow passers by, Mac just smiled sweetly and waved sarcastically before you disappeared ahead and they could do nothing more.

He placed his hands over his mouth and breathed a hot breath trying to heat his fingers "this winds biting today eh" he said as you drove on towards Whitechapel

You glanced momentarily over your shoulder and slightly behind, uninterested in his small talk

"Keep your bloody eyes on the road ahead woman" he barked

"Mac..... I reckon we're being followed" you said as you shuffled slightly in your seat concentrating on the road once more. Mac immediately looked behind the carriage, his eyes scanning the traffic behind

"Couple of cabs back..... Deep burgundy sports carriage, dappled grey mare" you said as he continued looking, his head bobbing from side to side as he sought their identification.

" I see em" he growled "Blighters" he turned quickly round, his hands grasping the rail once more "see if you can lose em down a side street or something"

You gave a nod before snapping the reins and throwing the carriage suddenly down one of the quieter side streets, you both lerched quickly in your seats to the side as the carriage turned so suddenly.

With a firm snap of the reins the horse broke into a gallop, it's hooves clattering and sliding loudly on the greasy cobbled road

"Are they still following" you asked loudly fighting with the reins

Mac turned around, his eyes frantically scanning the road behind. "Yeah, and they've picked up pace" there was no disguising the fact that now  you were being pursued and quickly.

Snapping the reins once more you loudly bayed at the horse urging it faster still. Mac held tightly onto the carriage, with his other hand he dipped quickly inside his coat, his fingers fumbling for his revolver.

"CANT YOU STEADY IT UP A BIT?" He shouted at you, the sound of the rumbling wheels and hooves drowning his voice out.  You fought to steady the carriage as best you could while Mac took aim on the fast approaching Blighters.

With a loud crack and a plume of thick ballistic smoke Mac fired his revolver. "DID YOU GET THEM?" You yelled desperately...

There was a seconds delay, your eyes fixed firmly on driving the horse on, frantically snapping the reins once more. 

Suddenly, from nowhere the Blighters carriage appeared almost at your side as you both thundered down the ever narrowing streets  "SHIT!" Mac spat as he shuffled in his seat once more, he lifted his revolved again taking aim.

"DONT YOU MISS MAC!" You shrieked desperately, with your heart thundering in your chest and your breathing quickening it was hard to disguise the fact that you were scared. Mac pulled his trigger, the loud crack of the gun made you jump slightly as you continued to pull and steer the carriage around others in the road.

The smoke swiftly dissipated, to your horror the carriage was still close, Macs shot having struck the blighters driver clean in his shoulder. He slumped slightly , still very much alive, painfully grasping his shoulder that was now pumping with blood.

As a last ditched attempt at disabling you both, the remaining Blighter fumbled inside his red jacket removing a small knife from its inside. Without delay nor thought he threw the knife quickly from between his fingers. The knifes blade found the large rump of your horse embedding itself deeply within its flesh making it bay loudly.

The horse kicked violently, throwing its head quickly back before taking off at an uncontrollable fast gallop. Petrified, you braced your boots against the footplate of the carriage and pulled quickly back on the reins with all your might, trying desperately to pull the horse and carriage to a controlled stop. Your efforts were futile, With a wide and wild look in the horses eye you clung desperately to the carriage as the it thundered wildly down the streets. Your only hope now, just simply holding on.

"MAC I CANT STOP IT!" You shrieked loudly as you hung on for dear life, you bounced and slid vigorously across the leather seat as the carriage's wheels bounced and splintered on the cobbles it thundered over.

"GIVE THE REINS TO ME!" He shouted, his large battered hand swiftly snatching the loose reins from your fingers as you clung on desperately.

You screamed loudly, terrified as the carriage bounced and thundered from one side of the road to the other. You heard the sound of nearby shrieking passing you as people ran petrified from the path of the runaway carriage .

Mac clenched his teeth and gave a guttural snarl as he desperately fought with the reigns frantically trying to regain control once more. His hand dropped and grasped at the carriages brake lever. He pulled back firmly sending the large wooden block grinding deafeningly against the large cart wheels surface.

"HARDER MAC! PULL HARDER!" You shrieked loudly making him increase his leverage against the brake. Mac pulled and pulled upon the lever, the scraping noise of the brake block rubbing against the wheels surface became sickeningly loud until suddenly, and without warning, there was an ear splitting crack. One of the forks of the wheel cracked sending large splinters shooting from it centre.

The carriage abruptly dropped slightly at its one corner as it continued to run on its defective wheel. Upon hearing the commotion behind, the already spooked horse pulled even harder making the unstable carriage you clung to snake violently across the city's street. Side to side it went, it's direction becoming more and more unpredictable until the wheel closest to you clipped the kerb with enough intense force it flung you clean from you seat and hurtling into the air.

For that spilt moment the ensuing chaos and noise around you ceased and you heard nothing and felt nothing but stillness and a feeling of complete serenity. Seconds later, your senses slapped you rudely back  as your body slapped unforgivingly onto the dampened cold cobblestones of the road below.

Tiredly and painfully you flittered your eyes slowly open, focusing on the slate greyed cloudy skies above the circular frame of inquisitive faces that now peered over you.

"Is she alive?" You heard one ask as they all stared and scrutinised your splayed out form.

"Oh she's alive.... I think"

"What about the other one?" You heard another man say

You groaned loudly, clenching your eyes tightly closed as you shuffled uncomfortably

"Oh wait Miss" came a voice of a male who was now knelt at your side "you've taken quite the knock.... Just wait a moment before you try and move.... get your breath" he comforted

"Mac?" You groaned as your head fell to its side desperately trying to see through the onlookers legs.

You could just see him, he lay a little further down the pavement from you  he too splayed motionless upon his back. You squinted your blurry and unfocused eyes just making out the halo of Crimson red blood that pooled quickly around his head.

You sighed deeply as you tried to regain some sort of sense as to what happened. Your attention was suddenly caught by the Blighters carriage that had been pursuing you moments earlier. You watched as a rather smart and respectable looking male drop from the cab onto the pavement below, before the carriage casually trotted away.

"Excuse me.... Excuse me...." He ordered haughtily as he side stepped through the crowds that had gathered around you "I'm a doctor...... I am a qualified doctor...... Let me see this poor woman"

The greying man noticeably advancing in years pushed gently through the onlookers placing down a battered leather bag and knelt down on the pavement to your side. He wore a smart pin stripe suit and had a large grey beard. He was clearly a man of some social standing and substance.

"Now does it hurt young miss?" He asked as he produced a pair of black leather gloves from his thick overcoat and placed them slowly on his fingers

"Who are you?" You groaned as your face struggled to focus properly upon his features

"I'm from the local infirmary miss.... You are lucky I was passing by.... Now let me take a look at you" he said softly as his hands hovered for a second over you

"YOURE NO DOCTOR!" You barked loudly

The man scoffed a laugh as he smiled somewhat innocently

"Young miss... I can assure you I'm a fully qualified practising doctor and surgeon" he explained infront of the crowds

"YOU RAN US FROM THE ROAD.... YOU TRIED TO KILL US" you shouted loudly shuffling desperately trying to get away from him, you winced loudly ,the pain from your fall tore agonisingly through every fibre of your body

"I tried to kill you?" He gave a slight laugh "young lady you've had quite the knock to your head..... Please.... You don't know what you're saying... Let me help you" he said trying to calm you. The crowd of onlookers began to slowly dissipate convinced you were some mad woman in the middle of an episode

"WHERE ARE YOU ALL GOING? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!! THIS MAN IS GOING TO KIDNAP ME...... PLEASE! SOMEONE!!!!!"

"Now really miss.... I suggest you try and stay quiet.... It's really not helping any" he said, his hands gesturing at you to quieten down, he glanced over his shoulders and smiled at the few remaining onlookers

"PLEASE! HE WORKS FOR A GANG CALLED THE BLIGHTERS AND HE WANTS US DEAD.... WANTS US ALL DEAD!!!" You shouted as loud as your battered and bruised lungs could allow but you'd said just enough to send what remaining onlookers who were by standing on their way.

"Will you shut up!" The male spat angrily through his teeth as he flung his leather bag open and started to rummage quickly inside. At that moment a large carriage pulled up by the side of you both, you couldn't clearly see but you were aware of a couple of people dropping onto the road from inside.

"Please! Someone!" Emitting a sob from your gut you pleaded at someone, anyone to help you but it was futile there was no one left.

"It's pointless, there's no one that can help you now Rook!" He spat angrily as he took a folded handkerchief from his leather bag and placed it firmly covering your nose and mouth

"There.... There..... Breath deeply little Rook" he whispered quietly, his voice quite deep and sinister.

You're eyes widened and your hands quickly lifted to his as you realised what he was about to do. You held your breath as long as possible clawing at the man's thick muscular wrists before your lungs began to burn and you stomach convulsed violently from the lack of oxygen your body so desperately craved. You held out as long as possible before you couldn't fight your bodies natual instincts  any longer.  You gasped loudly filling your lungs with a bitter and acrid tainted air.

"Theeeeere" he smiled, happily content  as he watched your eyes begin to slowly roll. "It'll all be over very soon" he smiled tilting his head as he watched you fight each sour breath you took. Before you knew anymore your eyes rolled back uncontrollably and your eyelids fluttered slowly closed. Your weakening grip on the man's wrists loosened and your hands fell lifelessly to the pavement

It all went black.

"Get them both in the carriage and get them away from here quickly" he barked sharply as he closed his leather hold-all, snapping the clasp loudly.

"Of course right away Dr Elliotson" a male pushed himself from the carriage he'd been leant upon and strode over to where you lay

"Bloody mess of a job! Do I employ monkeys to do my work or men?" He barked angrily as he watched two of his assistants top and tail you, one placing his hands under the crease of your limp arms while the other grasped your ankles.

"I don't know how serviceable the other one is.... You've damn near killed him.... Load him in anyway! I may be able to use him as cadaver" He snapped sharply as he began to remove his leather gloves once more.

"Yes sir.... Right away!" They replied with a slight huff as they began to walk your lifeless body towards the awaiting carriage.

"I'm not happy about this job in the slightest.... Do you understand?...... Unload the delivery and I'll see you and your colleagues who botched this job in my office right away" Elliotson snapped as he picked up his bag and climbed into a nearby waiting carriage. He closed the door and dropped the small window "RIGHT AWAY!" He banged on the carriages roof signalling the driver to snap at the reins and the carriage took off disappearing into the heavy London traffic

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 705 32
Emily Drake a 16 year old girl who loves to read. She lost her mother due to an unknown illness. Her father sends her away to live with her uncle Ale...
6.9K 234 39
Crawford Starrick is taking over London, slowly but surely. Jacob and Evie are assassins, recently arrived in London. It doesn't take them long to fi...
499 7 13
London, 1868 is ruled by Templars but two young twins assassins have decided it was time to stop their reign. While on their numerious mission to con...
27.1K 872 66
Rookery noun A dense collection of housing, especially in a slum area. Carina Faraday must embark on a mission to discover more about her deceased pa...