Wolf Chase | ✔️

By makemebreakme555

"Cease your mindless touching, woman." Sebastian glared down at her, but she merely giggled. He looked so ado... More

[1] New Town
[2] New Offer
[3] New School
[4] New Friend
[6] Avoidance
[7] Table Talk
[8] Inappropriate Staring
[9] Eavesdropping
[10] Vague Advice
[11] Cinnamon
[12] The Pack
[13] Babysitting Incidents
[14] Guilty Eyes
[15] Kissed Twice
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34] Power of Alpha
[35] Under the Surface
[36] Cold
[37] Winter Wonderland
[38] Candy
[39] Theo
[40] Home
[41] The Answer is 'No'
[42] Friends Only
[43] It's What Friends Do
[44] Its's What Friends Do ... PART 2
[45] Hold You
[46] Heated
[47] Proposal
FAQ
Extra 1- Fluffy Love
Extra 2 - Sugar Daddy

[5] New Job

78.5K 2.4K 261
By makemebreakme555

Disclaimer: I do not own the Family Guy intro song. Obviously haha xD

[5] New Job

"It seems today, that all you see, is violence in movies and sex on T.V. But where are those good ol' fashion values— on which we used to rely. . ." Massie sang as she watched the Family Guy theme song come from the little television screen in the empty Dark Falls Diner.

It was a nice place, and had more than enough room to fit dozens of customers. Some of the tables were accommodated between red booths while others were surrounded by four to six dark wooden chairs.

When she had entered she had asked a waiter if they knew a tall pretty woman who worked here. When he asked why, she had explained that she was here to take up the job she had offered. Then he smiled and told her to wait a few minutes, and so here she was, semi-impatient for the lady to appear.

Massie wanted to get this job as soon as possible, especially that paycheck. She was even proud of herself for preparing all the things she needed to get a job. Who knew a first-time job-taker needed a reference? Of course Massie didn't at first, she asked Lydia about this shenanigans in the hallway. Lydia was more than willing to tell her— actually proud of her sister— but all those feelings fell to the trash when both ended up being late to class.

"Hey," greeted a woman, coming up to her. Massie instantly recognized her as the girl from the supermarket. "Massie, right? Excuse me if I'm wrong, I have terrible memory." The girl looked genuine, but Massie was starting to feel a bit guilty for having not memorized her name.

She smiled in relief when she read her name-tag. "Oh, no, it's okay Kristin. Happens all the time. And you got my name right anyway."

"You came here for the job. That's great! We need a hand here, especially with the boom of customers we've had recently." Kristin was dressed in an attire of jeans and a plain black polo.

She looked rather young to be a manager. Actually, she looked like the type to still be in high school. At the thought, her name became very familiar. This girl was James Fulton's girlfriend! Massie wasn't too surprised, she was pretty enough to grab any of the gorgeous Cult Boys' attention.

"Good! I brought work paper stuff since this is my first time getting a job," Massie admitted.

Kristin giggled, looking at the single sheet in Massie's hand. "I can tell, but that won't be needed here. Dark Falls is a small town, we don't bother ourselves with things like that."

Massie shrugged, throwing it in a trashcan nearby. "Better for me, it's not like I had any good stuff in the first place. What do I do then?"

"Come to work tomorrow at 5P.M. It starts after after-school activities, this way if you plan on doing any sports the job won't intervene."

Massie grinned, "Perfect! But I don't do sports anyway, they're not my forte." Massie stood and shook hands with Kristin. "See you tomorrow."

<<<>>>

"Ugh!" groaned Massie. Aggravated was a complete understatement of what she was feeling right now; she was at the brink of insanity. She couldn't sleep, and that did not sit well with her.

Sleeping is one of her favorite hobbies, especially since she tended to have good dreams. Even if she couldn't remember most of them by morning she just knew, and so not being able to go into her blissful wonderland was more than a big problem. Okay, so maybe she was exaggerating, but she didn't want bags under her eyes by the time school came. She wanted to look extra-pretty tomorrow so Sebastian could enjoy viewing her face. Unrealistic considering she hadn't made the best of first impressions. . . or second impressions.

She locked eyes with the moon outside her window, and immediately her sour mood became sickly sweet. Why the hell had she been complaining!? It was dark outside, everyone in the house was asleep, and her avid imagination was going overboard with all the things that could happen if she took a stroll around town.

She leaped off her bed clothed in black shorts and a purple tank top. She combed her hair furiously, working it to a sexy, messy bun. She shook her head a bit to force some strands to fall out around the right of her face for the extra affect, and then after inspecting her outfit she tip-toed out her room in her dark colored shoes.

Outside the air was fresh. It was a mixture of forest and dirt, but it gave her a calming effect. The wind helped heighten her excitement. She could imagine herself looking like a main character in some crazy action movie right about now.

Massie walked up and down sidewalks, left and right, through alleys, and once behind a store, yet all of this wandering and nothing happened. Her anticipation died down. Being that it was around 3AM, there were little to no cars driving by, and absolutely no people walking.

"Stupid Dark Falls," she mumbled, kicking a rock. "Why'd you have to be such a safe town." She was heading back home, but just as she passed by the park she heard a howl.

Massie jumped, surprised. Her steps towards home accelerated. She wanted to be kidnapped by a hot dude passing by at night, not bitten by some large scary dog!

Her curiosity got the best of her when she peaked at the forest behind the park. No gates surrounded the park, leaving forest and play area unseparated. Any child could have ran into the bundle of trees and gotten lost without a parent's notice. Massie thought the town wasn't so bad after all. It's a shame Lydia was too smart to even think about exploring the forest alone.

Behind some trees she saw a figure move. It was definitely not a person— that much was assured—but by the size of the thing she knew it was like nothing she'd ever seen before. The animal growled lightly, yet it didn't make the sort of stance a predator would.

Letting curiosity get the best of her, she took a few steps forward for a better view, keeping a close eye on the creature. When she was about three meters away she reconsidered getting closer to the thing, it was much larger than she anticipated.

He stood on four strong legs with sharp edges at the end of each nail. It's body was thickly coated with cinnamon layers of hair who's length only shortened when it reached it's face. It's teeth— to say the least— were the type of teeth a monster would wish to have. They were large, pointy, and not to mention quite intimidating. This was by all odds a wolf. If it weren't for the easy look it gave her she would've thought he was about to eat her.

"Who let the dogs out?" Massie murmured, biting her lip at her corrupted sense of humor.

The dog barked in response and she squeaked, falling to the floor. She tried to calm the speed of her heartbeat. Honestly, what was she thinking? This thing could kill her at any second. The wolf made a weird noise that she would have distinguished as laughter, until she remembered it was an animal not a human.

No running away Massie, no one likes a pansy.

Suddenly, there was an intense wind that knocked out her scrunchie.

"You know," Massie started, letting her bold side getting the best of her, "if you could blow that hard I doubt it'd take my house down."

She hurried to tie her hair again seeing as her locks prevented her from viewing the wolf, but by the time she was done and the wind had slowed the wolf was a mere foot away. Her eyes widened like saucers as she fought the urge to scream.

Taking note of her fear, the wolf rolled over the park floor. It looked so. . . innocent. Almost unnatural due to its hugeness. Normally puppies and average dogs would do that sort of thing. Seeing this Massie fell at ease, clearly what the animal wanted all along. She caressed it's fur to show she was comfortable now.

The wolf stood. "You a boy?" the animal barked in response; she took it as a yes. The wolf came even closer, so close she could feel the warmth radiating off him in waves. Feeling the heat made her realize how cold she was.

"Mmmm, you feel warm. Get closer."

The wolf might as well have been lost. He seemed to understand what Massie was saying, but not how to do it. Oblivious, Massie simply got closer to him and laid her face at the side of his body. She breathed in his scent.

"You smell like the forest. You in there all the time?" The wolf didn't answer like it did before. He simply stood still, letting her be.

Massie didn't think about how awkward and strange the situation was, instead she was thinking how smart this animal was, and that even her cat (who sadly ran away as Lydia had explained a Monday morning two years ago) was no where near as smart as this big bear standing beside her.

Dark Falls isn't so bad after all.

Satisfied enough with her temperature she stood on her real height, towering over the wolf.

"Ha ha," Massie teased, "I'm taller." The wolf didn't seem wounded by her comment, but she wouldn't have either. He reached higher than her waist, which said much considering her height. "Bye Cinnamon," she waved, throwing in a random name she got from his fur color.

Again, the wolf didn't answer. It went back to his previous spot in the woods and watched her leave.

Please vote, comment, or fan :) Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 26.9K 34
"I- I..., I don't understand.." "We were made for each other, we're mates.., although I wasn't expecting my little mate to be this young..." he paus...
Xylus By immi

Werewolf

448K 14.4K 20
"Stop walking away from me!" I rolled my eyes before turning around to face him. "Oh sorry Alpha, I didn't know I had to ask your permission to be e...
121K 5.4K 36
Previously Titled: Alpha Hunter ----------------- "What are you?" I asked strangely. "What do you mean dear?" He asked playing dumb. "You aren't a...
2.6M 89K 55
Kidnapped from her pack and abused since childhood, when Arden finally wanders free into the arms of her mate, how long until her demons come looking...