Saving The Gone

By irtzaqamar

Evelyn Mosby had everything in life that she could have wished for. A perfect family, all the money, a best f... More

Chapter 1 - The Diary
Chapter 2 - The Beginning
Chapter 3 - First Clue
Chapter 4 - The Museum
Chapter 5 - Second Chances
Chapter 6 - The Deal
Chapter 8 - Other Half
Chapter 9 - Second Revenge
Chapter 10 - Birthday Call
Chapter 11 - Old Friend
Chapter 12 - Turn Around
Chapter 13 - Another Suicide
Chapter 14 - Mario's Party
Chapter 15 - Final Call
Chapter 16 - Trip Begins
Chapter 17 - Trip Ends
Chapter 18 - Final Page
Chapter 19 - Evelyn Mosby
Chapter 20 - The Goodbye

Chapter 7 - Evelyn's Revenge

119 16 1
By irtzaqamar

Chapter 7 - Evelyn's Revenge. 

"You haven't been sleeping, have you?" Harry said as the bell rang, signalling the time for recess.

We made our way to the cafeteria.

"I have actually, just not a lot" I shrugged.

"What are you doing on nights? Your eyes are really red" He stated.

"I am reading Paper Towns" I told him.

"Oh" He sighed. "Well what is it about?" 

"A girl who ran away from her house for the umpteenth time, leaving clues and hints for a guy who ends up finding her along with his group of friends at the end but not easily at all" I explained it as shortly as I could.

"Seems good to me" He shrugged and I agreed.

But I knew there was a message hidden in this for sure. I just wish I knew what it was.

"Hey I just remembered something" Harry said, his mouth full of food.

I almost complained but then decided against it.

"What are your plans on your birthday? It's only three days away now" He reminded me.

"Really? I completely forgot" I lied.

"Sure you did" He said sarcastically.

It's not like I didn't like birthdays, In fact I was actually very fond of them. It was just that I didn't feel like celebrating it this time which I didn't know the reason behind.

After the school was over we made our way to Harry's car. Once we were seated I opened my school bag to take out the diary that was sitting their safely.

"It's three'o clock we can open it now" Harry said.

It was always in my mind how I was supposed to be reading this diary on my own and not with someone at all, even if he was my best friend. But at the same time I realized that if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have come this far with all of this. I started reading what was written on the page.

"Dear Archer,

I know you must have solved the mystery and met Ben. You were always smart, no doubts about that. Do you feel like you know me now? After getting to know all the little things that you did, you must feel like you know much about me. However, there is still some of me left. Some part of me that you and no one knows at all. So stay with me for a little bit more longer. I bet you are having fun though Archer. If you're not, then maybe you will now. Because I am about to teach you what fun is. I want you to do me a favor Archer. I am gone now, and I can't come back. But you're still there. I need you to take my revenge. I need you to find Chad Alger. And I need you to take my revenge on him. He cheated on me last year and embarrassed me in front of the whole school. He thought I forgave him which I didn't. Do this for me please Archer, do it for the neighbor of yours that is gone now. And I am sure, you will have fun.

Love, Eve"

"Wow" I said when I ended up reading this.

"So are we doing it?" Harry said looking at me.

I thought for a few seconds before replying.

"We've come quiet a long way to quit now, haven't we?"

Harry was supposed to be over at my house around three at midnight and then we were going to sneak out of the house and drive over to where Chad lived.

Chad was in the football team of college -- of which Harry was captain. That was really helpful because Harry clearly knew a lot about him which we could use to have revenge.

Because even though Evelyn told us to have revenge on him, she never told us how to.

I waited in the cold breeze for Harry's car to appear. I was sure if I stood there for two more minutes I was going to freeze to death. Apparently wearing just one hood wasn't enough. 

But to my great relief Harry's car appeared there just at that moment.

Opening the passenger door I sat in the car.

"So what is the plan?" He asked me.

"First we go to a sports shop" I said.

"How in the world are we going to find an open sports shop at three of night!" He exclaimed.

"We have to" I said.

So far, our luck was going very bad because there was no shop of sports that was open but as if god could listen to our non-existent prayers, we finally saw a shop's light illuminating the part of road in front of it.

"There" I pointed, smiling due to relief.

Harry parked the car right out of the shop.

"How may I help you?" The polite old shop keeper asked.

Harry looked at me as if to ask me what were we even doing here.

"We will need one golf stick and one hockey stick please" I told the shopkeeper and Harry eyed me weirdly.

After purchasing the stuff, we walked back into the car.

"Off to Chads?" Harry asked.

I nodded, as I braced myself for what was about to happen.

Harry parked the car right in front of Chads house, in reverse. Exactly how I told him to because if we needed to run in a case of emergency -- which I felt like will be there -- we wouldn't have to turn the car, just sit in it and drive straight.

"Grab the sticks" I ordered as I grabbed my bag which contained all the other stuff and made our way to Chads lawn.

He was one rich human being. He had amazingly large house which probably had it's own swimming pool and bar. 

"Remember Harry" I asked "When Chad got his new car Audi R8 spyder and the whole school went crazy about it? because of how good and expensive it was?" 

"Yes" He gulped. I knew how much Harry loved cars and how hard it would be to convince him to do this with me.

"We are going to destroy the car he is so proud of" I told him.

"No way" He shout whispered "It costs more than our whole houses alone Archer"

"I know. That's why we'll be doing this. If we're doing this, why not do it right?" I shrugged.

I had no idea where this confidence was coming from.

"You do it, I will watch" I said.

"Fine" I said as we walked over to where his car was standing, which was a good little distance from the first window of the house. That was supposed to be Chads room according to one of his friends.

"Before we get the car, we have something else to do" I told him.

"What?" He asked, interested in the plan but at the same time scared just as I was.

Because honestly, all this stuff was not something that people like us would be doing at three of night.

"We night to climb up to his room first" I gulped.

"We can climb the pipe" He said motioning to the pipe that lead to his room.

"I will go first" I said as I started climbing the pipe, and that was probably the most weird thing I have ever done in my life.

Once I was safely into the room, and saw that Chad was sleeping shirtless and just in his trousers I motioned Harry to climb the pipe too and he did so.

Offering him my hand I helped him into the room.

"What now?" He whispered a bit too loudly.

I gave him a warning look to be quiet and made my way towards his bed as I unzipped my bag, taking out what I had bought with me.

"A scissor?" Harry asked lowly as he saw what I was holding now.

"Hold my bag" I told him as I grabbed the scissor in my hands and got ready, bracing myself for the hardest task I had ever done in my whole life of eighteen years.

"He loves his hair" Harry said, his eyes squinting as if he wasn't sure about this at all. Neither was I honestly.

"That's why we're doing this" I said as I started working. Cut by cut I had done my work. By the time I had finished, almost all the hair from his head were gone and he was pretty much bald except for a few little hair.

"That was some good cutting" Harry complemented.

"He is such a heavy sleeper" I said. He never woke up surprisingly.

"Let's go" I said now that the work was done and we both climbed down the pipe just like we climbed it up.

"It's the cars turn" I told him.

As Harry handed me the golf stick, all my confidence was drained away.

I was supposed to be in my house sleeping because it was a school night, and then focusing hard on my studies in the classes. But here I was, ready to destroy a car that I could never myself buy in my wildest dreams. All for some girl that I will probably never see again in my life.

He nodded at me as signalling me to go ahead.

'Here goes nothing' I muttered to myself before taking a large swing of the gold stick that was shaking in my hand before it went straight into the cars headlight.

The adrenaline rush I felt in that moment was something like I had never felt in my life. It felt good. I was full of energy right then and there.

I took another swing damaging the cars door this time.

"WOOH" I shouted as I took another hit.

"Stop shouting. You will wake them up" Harry hissed.

"I don't care, try this with me" I told him, grinning.

"No way" Harry replied.

"Harry, when we're fifty year old would you not want to tell your kids about the things that we did this night? Or are you going to tell them that I watched my best friend do what I should have done but I was too busy being a dork?" I told him.

"Who are you and what have you done to my best friend?" Harry said grinning as he grabbed the hockey stick and joined me.

"On the count of three" I said.

"Okay" He breathed out.

"One... two...three" I exclaimed.

We both swung our weapons and took blows of the car. One by one, damaging different parts of it. Soon it was completely wrecked.

"WOOH" We both shouted out loud with every blow. We were going to wake the whole neighborhood up but we didn't care.

We were done with wrecking the car when a voice came from the window.

"Who is there?" A loud hurried voice asked.

"Hide your face" Harry said as we both started running towards the car which was ready for a moment like this.

I half turned to catch a look on who it was. It was Chad himself on the window of his room. As I caught a glimpse on him I couldn't help it and I burs-ted out laughing.

"What is so funny Archer" Harry said continuing to drag me to the car.

Chad was now probably on his way downwards from the stairs of his house.

"His hair... gone... bald" I managed to speak between my laughter.

"Sit" He ordered but was smiling.

As we were driving out, we heard a loud high pitched scream of a women and then shouting.

"CHAD. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR HAIR? WHERE ARE YOU RUNNING TO AT THIS TIME?" Chad's mom screamed at him.

And then we were off on a road that lead to god knows where. We just knew we had to get away from there.

It was now four of night, and we were freezing to death. But the adrenaline rush we felt, and our laughter echoing through our cars made it all worth it.

"Now that" Harry said, gasping for air due to his laugh "Was something" He finished.

I stopped laughing just to speak too.

"Yes. That was fun" I said, looking out of the window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1K 528 30
One summer night, 15 year old Morgan Daniels logged on to the online teen video chat. Just as Morgan was about to log off, she's connected to an attr...
54.9K 1.4K 27
Tera's night hadn't been going all that good, her supposed friend Kane had been hitting on her all night apparently 'no' didn't mean no in Kane world...
225K 4.2K 21
Kacie and her friends go to a club to celebrate her 25th birthday. Kacie just wants to stay home, but the girls just want to get drunk. "Come on Kac...
222 30 13
The main character fell for a popular boy in their high school. For multiple months, the main character has been hiding themselves from this boy, Tal...