Retro-cognition

By MajaDiana

[Paranormal / Action / Romance] Unique is the daughter of Retro-the God of Time. As a Goddess coming of age... More

Copyright
Chapter 1 - Fallen
Chapter 2 - Meeting with the Spawn of Satan
Chapter 3 - The Other Side of Sion
Chapter 4 - Angels
Chapter 5 - Awkward Tension
Chapter 6 - Whiskey Makes Everything better
Chapter 7 - A Make-believe Cupid?
Chapter 8 - Sion Saves the Day.
Chapter 9 - Experimenting is No Fun
Chapter 10 - Unique as a Gypsy
Chapter 11 - Slutty Clothing.
Chapter 12 - Sion's Strange Behavior
Chapter 13 - Unique's Wedding
Chapter 14 - Want to See My Tree House?
Chapter 15 - History Lessons.
Chapter 16 - The Next Step
Chapter 18 - Training
Chapter 19 - Wet dream
Chapter 20 - Sion's Proposal
Chapter 21 - A meeting with fear
Chapter 22 - Envy's First Attack
Chapter 23 - The circle of Gods
Chapter 24 - A Unique Creation
Chapter 25 - A Kidnapping
Chapter 26 - The Reason for Unique's Death
Chapter 27 - An Escape
Chapter 28 - The Final Death
Chapter 29 - A Happy Ending
Note From The Author

Chapter 17 - Breakfast

4.2K 422 25
By MajaDiana

Chapter 17 – Breakfast

Something hard was poking Unique’s butt – Oh no. She wiggled slightly, and widened her eyes before jerking away, falling from the bed. She landed on the floor with a thump.

“Be quiet,” Sion murmured.

Slowly, she raised her head to look at him. Her legs had been tangled in the sheets, and she had pulled them away from him. He was now lying in his full glory, only the thin fabric of his boxers hiding his… thing.

Unique averted her eyes, feeling embarrassed. She wasn’t sure why – she should be used to it by now. Sion certainly didn’t oppose to being naked in front of her. Actually, it was more like he wanted to be sometimes.

She crawled on all four over to the door before opening it and rising to her feet. Out in the living room, the sun was shining brightly through the windows. The wooden interior was bathed in the golden light, and it made her wonder what Sion was hiding about this place.

Unique couldn’t fathom that he’d known about this place, yet didn’t take her there before. Why they had to go to the motel at all, was beyond her imagination.

She was hungry, and she braced herself for the horrible sounds that might come soon. Sion hadn’t brought any food back yesterday, and he didn’t want her to go through the cupboards. Instead of wasting time by sitting around, she decided that she should go get some food on her own. She grabbed her purse, before realizing that she didn’t have any clothes. Only the oversized t-shirt covered her body, and even if she had been less shy, it was hardly appropriate to wear through a human crowd.

She looked towards the room, and wondered if she could get to some clothes in the drawers. She’d caught only a glimpse, but last night it seemed that there was plenty to take from. For a few seconds, she debated the idea. Pros and cons, until she decided that it didn’t really matter what Sion thought. She wouldn’t be snooping, just getting some clothes to go get breakfast.

With determination, she marched back to room, opening the door and peeking inside. Sion was still sprawled out on the bed, and in his sleep he reached down a hand and cupped his manhood. Gross. Unique jerked back. She couldn’t do this – she genuinely couldn’t.

Walking back to the couch, she sat down with a pout and crossed her arms. There wasn’t much to do, but wait. She stared at the small table in front of her. Perhaps this was all a test? She wasn’t normally paranoid, but some of this seemed to come back to her curiosity.

“I really hope that you’re not testing me, Daddy,” she muttered.

It could be about her patience as well – Gods would know that she had to remain patient a lot. Especially with Sion.

She turned her head towards the door into the bedroom. Sion wasn’t that awful. Lately, she’d been noticing a sense of attachment to him. Unique didn’t like that, but there wasn’t anything she could do about it. A part of her even liked him. She shuddered at the thought.

He shouldn’t be more than just a pretty face – that’s what he’d always been to her. That pretty guy, who needed to get a grip on reality. Even when he was younger—

Her mind was blank. She couldn’t remember anything from when they were younger. Odd. Perhaps being on earth affected her.

She sighed. Wasn’t he waking up soon? As on cue, her stomach growled loudly. She jumped in surprise. Holy… Alright, she had to wake up Sion – Now!

Unique barged into the room with her eyes closed. “You need to wake up now, I’m hungry!”

Carefully, she opened one eye to see if he was reacting and saw him half-dressed, buttoning up a shirt while staring at her.

“Oh,” she said.

He didn’t answer, he just looked at her with amusement. Unique squirmed a bit, rolling on the soles of her feet.

“So…” She averted her eyes to the ceiling. “Good morning.”

He chuckled. “Morning, Unique. I’ll get some food right away.”

“You sure that there’s nothing here?” She pouted. “I’m really hungry.”

“Well. I can take a look, but I don’t think it’d be particularly appetizing.”

Her stomach complained in response. Unique felt heat stream to her cheeks and coughed uncomfortably. “Erh. I don’t mind.”

“I can hear that.” He winked.

“Alright, I’ll go wait then.” She didn’t give him a chance to reply before she walked away and found her seat on the couch again. Being passive sucked.

Unique didn’t look up when he came out and started rummaging in cabinets.

“Well. We have some canned goods. I think those can be of use, right?” he said.

“Anything will do.”

“Kay.” He rummaged some more, and not long after a delicious scent filled the room. Unique’s stomach churned. She was really hungry.

“Alright, come. Eat,” Sion called. She didn’t waste one second, shooting out of her seat and over to the table where a plate with some brown mushy stuff.

“What is it?” she asked and grabbed a fork.

“Beans, or something like that. To be honest, I have no idea.”

She didn’t care. Stuffing it into her mouth, she ignored the slimy sensation of the heated beans and swallowed. It almost hurt her tummy. Devouring it, she looked up at Sion who was watching her.

“What?” she asked with her mouth full of food.

“Nothing,” he answered with a grin and sat down on the opposite side of the table. His face turned serious. “I’ve been thinking.”

“Hmm?” Unique chewed on her food.

“You need to start training your powers. I don’t want you to be caught empty handed if Envy gets to you again.”

“What…” She swallowed her food. “Do you mean by that?”

“I’m saying that you have to evolve your powers as fast as possible. But you need to be precise. You literally can’t afford slacking off and failing.”

Unique furrowed her brows. What’s that supposed to mean? But she didn’t ask – she knew that she wouldn’t get an answer anyway. Instead, she nodded and continued finishing her breakfast.

“I’m going to town today, I’ll drop by Annelka and apologize for your absence. Along with getting some proper food.” He looked at her empty plate with a disgusted face.

“How do I train though?” she asked, ignoring his expression.

“You can practice in the field below. Practice transporting, along with fine tuning. You should be able to sense memories from a distance too.”

“How do you know this?” She was confused. She’d never been able to see people’s past without physical contact – not without the fountain at least.

“Well. You can do it with the fountain, which basically just amplifies our powers.” He didn’t meet her eyes.

“Okay then. I’ll do my best.” She stood up and was about to go outside when she looked down at herself. Feeling hot, she turned around to Sion. “Uhm. Do you have any clothes I can use?”

“What would you need that for?” He winked and let his eyes travel up and down her bare legs.

Unique’s mouth felt dry, and she tried to wet her lips before she answered, “Erhm. This isn’t exactly appropriate.”

“I don’t mind.” He smirked.

Unique became angry. “But I do!”

He laughed. “Alright, alright. I’ll go find some sweats – Relax, love.” He stood up and walked to the bedroom.

Unique grumbled lowly as she stared at his back. “Stupid… Sion… Stupid things…”

He turned around. “Did you say anything?”

She faked a smile. “Nope.

“That’s what I thought.” He stuck out his tongue and went to the bedroom. Not long after, he came out with a pair of sweats, and a top. He’d even gathered a sports bra for her. “This should be enough.”

“Seriously, who owns all this clothing?” Unique asked and held up the sweats. They were her size, and when she looked at the other pieces of clothing, she notices that they were too.”

“That’s really not important, love.” Sion put on his shoes. “Train as much as you can, but be careful. Okay?”

She nodded. Even though she wasn’t sure what he meant with being careful. She’d have to take a risk by being outside either way.”

“I mean it, Unique.” He walked over to her and forced her to meet his eyes. “Do you remember when we fell to earth?”

Of course,  she did. She remembered clearly how he’d played with her powers, and affecting her vision. Annoyance filled her at the memory, but she ignored it. Instead, she gave a small nod.

“Good. I need you to remember that after every time you try to get a vision.” He caressed her jaw. “Can you promise me that?”

Her eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. What was he talking about?

“Just promise it, Unique,” he said.

“Okay, I promise.”

“There’s a good girl.” He smiled, before he walked away, leaving her deep in thoughts with a bundle of clothes in her hands.

“You’re so confusing sometimes, Sion,” she muttered after him. But he didn’t hear it. He was already out the door. 

A/N: Please help me to get noticed, by voting, if you like the story. I was so happy to see all of you help me, so I uploaded fast

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 134 11
Apricity: (noun) The warmth of the sun in winter *✧・゚: *✧・゚: In the midst of wars, prophecies, and destinies, a group of children fight to survive on...
50 0 11
Run. They will not forgive you. You cannot even forgive yourself. If you wanted empathy, you should not have chosen to lay amongst the gods. Andr...
49K 4.6K 52
**AVAILABLE ON AMAZON** (Book One in the Whispers of Nowhere trilogy) When Gwen's father gets home late from work, it's just another typical night fo...
263 44 25
((COMPLETE)) Iliana possesses a Gift, not only the power to control water but also the ability to see a world unknown to humans. But after years of f...