I Can Wait Forever (Sasuhina)

By StrayKat

Is everything worth the wait? More

I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 1
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 2
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 3
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 4
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 5
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 6
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 7
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 8
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 9
message :)
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 10
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 11
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 12
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 13
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 14
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 15
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 16
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 17
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 18
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 19
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 20
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21.5
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 22
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 23
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 25
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 26
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 27
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 28
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 29
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 30
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 31
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 32
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 33
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 34
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 35
I Can Wait Forever: Epilogue
Notice ❀

I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 24

2.7K 135 35
By StrayKat

I was busy having fun with my sister when somebody spoke out of nowhere.

"Sorry I'm late." A familiar voice was heard by my ears.

And I stiffened unable to swallow the food that was already on my spoon.

I couldn't even look on the direction where that person is, but I know who it was. That voice..

"Sasuke!" My father stood from his chair and fetched him at the door of the room. They shook hands.

"Sorry I'm late. I had an emergency meeting for our shoot tomorrow." He explained.

"No! It's fine! Don't worry about it, we've just started dinner. Come join us." Father led him to the chair-in front of me!

"Here, take a sit." He gestured the vacant seat opposite to mine.

"Sorry our son has been really busy since he arrived home yesterday." Sasuke's father spoke.

"Oh. Glad you made time to see us, Sasuke." Father went back to his chair.

"It's fine, Hyuuga-san." He nodded.

I couldn't look at him. Doesn't he have no shame appearing in this house?

I was madly wishing that I have some kind of teleporting powers right now so I could escape on this situation I'm in.

"Hinata, why don't you greet Sasuke?" Father's voice made me almost fall off my seat. "And why don't you pass that bowl of salad to him. You've been staring at it for quite awhile now."

"H-Hai." I said without looking to father.

I held the bowl with my both hands and pass it on to Sasuke avoiding eye contact, "here."

"Thanks." I heard him say as he received the bowl.

"Welcome back Uchiha-san." Hanabi spoke.

"Thank you, Hanabi." Sasuke replied.

"Oh! I bought some pastries awhile ago, would you like some?" She asked them.

"Sure my dear Hanabi cutie." Sasuke's mom said happily.

"Okay, I'll go get it! I bought my nee-sans's favorite too!" My sister went to the kitchen.

"A-Ano... I'll go help my sister." I excused myself and followed her.

"Onee-san.. what are you doing here?" Hanabi asked while setting the pastries on the porcelain tray.

"Nothing." I said.

Hanabi paused, "oh really?"

"Can I ask you something?" I stood beside her.

"What is it, onee-san?" She asked while she continued arranging the foods on the tray.

"Are you and father teaming up to bring me and that Uchiha together?" I asked.

"Hehe! Don't you like Uchiha-san? You know what, putting all the past aside, I would say you look good together." She grinned.

What? What are you thinking Hanabi! You should be on my side not father's!

"I see nothing wrong if you and Uchiha-san start dating." She winked at me.

"Not gonna happen, Hanabi!" I opened the back door of the kitchen.

"O-Onee-san? Going somewhere?" Hanabi asked.

"Outside. Tell them my stomach hurts so I can't go back." I winked back to my sister.

"Oh!" Hanabi looked up and pointed her index finger to her chin. "Ah! Onee-san can't go back because her stomach hurts. She said she can't handle too much butterflies!" She nodded.

"You're crazy." I shut the door and walked around to wherever my feet would lead me.

Father wouldn't get mad if he sees me outside, right?

I found myself in our garden and I sat in one of the chairs.

I looked at the dark sky and admired its darkness which was perfectly adorned by stars scattered like dust.

What a beautiful night only if those people aren't here. How long are they staying here? Just for dinner? Overnight? Two days? Three days?

I hunched and put my elbows on top of the table to support my head with my palms as I exhaled deeply.

"What's with that sad aura on his face." I heard his voice.

I stiffened and can't even look to where he is. Damn. I wish I could run away but my feet were like buried on the ground.

I heard him walking towards me until a plate of cinnamon rolls were placed in front me.

"I didn't tell you to bring me food and why are you here?!" I told him sternly.

Yes I am mad-still hated what happened in the past but Hinata..maintain your cool. Don't let anger take over yourself. The night is beautiful. I battled with my inner thoughts.

"Your sister said you wanted to talk to me and asked me to bring those to you." He said.

"I can't remember telling my sister to ask you to come here." I said irritatingly.

"Then she's just probably kidding. Anyway, can I sit?" He placed his hand on the chair next to me.

"S-Sure." I can now imagine my sister's face while she winks. I cringed.

"So-" Sasuke started.

"What?" I spoke. Still not looking at him. I fixed my posture and sat up then crossed my arms. "I hope you still remember that we're not in good terms, Sasuke-kun."

He crossed his arms as well, "I hope you also noticed you don't stutter anymore."

My eyes suddenly turned to him and saw him staring at me-smiling.

I smirked, "What's with that smile? If you think I'm agreeing to marrying you then you're just hoping for the impossible."

"If that's what you think then I pity you more, Hinata." He let out a small chuckle. "I've moved on..I hope you did too.." He bended back his head and stared at the stars.

There was a long silence while the soft cold wind blew on our skin.

"..and about our parents and marriage, you think I like that too?" He continued.

"Well, that makes it all easier. Then we can just tell them we don't like each other." I said.

"I could've done that a long time ago but I've thought I wanted to help you." He leaned on the table.

"Who told you I needed your help? I'm perfectly fine right now." I waved my hand.

"Is that so? I heard from your sister that your father won't set you free from this house unless you agreed to marry me." He said."What a condition." He continued.

"But you're disagreeing with that too so what's the point?" I rested my back on the chair.

"Correct. But what I've just said, I wanted to help-as a friend. Besides it was my fault why you're into this situation." He explained.

I sighed. "So what kind of help are you offering?"

"I'm thinking we could pretend we're dating and getting married-"

"No way!" I slammed my hand a bit hard on the table. Sasuke backed from the table and stared at me.

"Hinata, just to make things clear, we will just have to pretend. Haven't I told you awhile ago that I have already moved on? This help I'm offering you is plainly a help by a friend." He assured.

"No thanks, Sasuke-kun. I couldn't accept your offer." I frowned at him.

"Fine. Anyway, I'm glad I was able to tell you. Think about it. I won't force you like what I did before but if ever you change your mind just tell me. I'd be glad to help." he crossed his arms again.

"Heh! You don't have to worry, I'll be better even without your help!" I almost shouted at him.

"Tsch. Okay, if that's how it goes." He stood. "I'm going back inside. We're probably going home a few minutes from now. Dad still has to drop by a meeting at 9. It was nice talking with you again. Bye."

He walked back inside but stopped after a few steps, "Don't stay out long it's pretty cold already, you'll catch a cold."

I gave him a frown as I watch him go back inside.

Huh! Fake a relationship?

I grabbed a cinnamon roll.

As a friend?

Come on, Sasuke-kun. You can't fool me twice.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Looks like Hinata can smell Sasuke's plans a few chapters ahead! Haha!

I'll try to update the next chapter tonight! (งಠ▽ಠ)งー

キラキラ!♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 2.3K 30
For years, Naruto had nothing. No love, no family, no strength, and no happiness. Only when he leaves Konoha does he get everything he's wanted. And...
913 17 10
[u. naruto x h. hinata] »»----- ❀ -----«« ❝𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗜'𝗺 𝗹𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗱𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺.❞ -- 𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐀...
2.5K 57 4
Never in a million years has Sakura Haruno ever thought of marrying Naruto Uzumaki. Well, turns out hearts can mature just like everything else can...
1.3K 39 6
Of course, it was about Sasuke. It was always about Sasuke because Naruto and Sasuke were always just so damn complicated. In ways, he and Orochimaru...