I Can Wait Forever (Sasuhina)

By StrayKat

Is everything worth the wait? More

I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 1
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 2
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 3
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 4
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 5
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 6
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 7
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 8
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 9
message :)
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 10
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 11
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 12
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 13
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 14
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 15
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 16
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 17
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 18
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 19
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 20
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 21.5
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 22
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 24
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 25
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 26
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 27
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 28
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 29
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 30
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 31
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 32
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 33
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 34
I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 35
I Can Wait Forever: Epilogue
Notice ❀

I Can Wait Forever: Chapter 23

2.9K 138 58
By StrayKat

I stared at the sunset through my window. The fire colored trees swayed gracefully while some of its leaves were blown by the wind.

How long had I been locked up in this house now? One month? Two? Three?

Eight months. Spring, summer, fall, and now it's almost winter.

When can I go out? I wonder what the outside already looks like?

For eight months I had never seen anybody except for my sister, father and our maids. The last time the sun has grazed my skin was during my sister brought me down the garden-but still within the premises of our home. She does this every weekend when she have no classes.

On weekdays after school, she brings home sweets from the new bake shop along the way home. She likes saying "new" because I haven't been there yet.

I've lost touch to my friends too for eight months already. Were they worried about me? Do they know what happened? Where I am now? Why aren't they visiting me?

I miss them.

Do they miss me too?

I looked into the beautiful sky above me. Yellow orange slowly transcending into blue violet. I sighed. The sky was picturesque emanating different emotions. Happiness and sadness. Hyper and calm.

Am I really doing the right thing? Should I just compromise?

No. Hinata, you're not marrying that guy. If I were to rot in this place then so be it!

I pulled the curtain over the window and sat at the edge of my bed.

Come on, Hinata. Think!

What should you do?

I took a deep breath and bit my lip. I'm not going back to being suicidal.

Hanabi was all over paranoid especially long time ago when she found out I almost drowned at the sea. She was afraid I might go suicidal again that's why she checks me out on my room often.

I promised my sister that I won't harm myself anymore.

I have to be strong-for the people who love me.

This time I won't back out.

I have to win this battle.

But then how do I start?

"Onee-san?", my sister called out while she knock on my door. Right, it's almost evening. My sister is home from school.

I stood up as I clear all the bad thoughts in my head. She probably brought another set of sweets to share with me.

"Hanabi", I smiled as I open the door.

I scanned on my sister and with no mistake she brought another box of sweets but larger this time. She was giving the box towards me, "Onee-san.."

"Eh~ Hanabi, we can't eat this many tonight!" I chuckled shyly as I receive the box.

"Onee-san, those are not food." She laughed. "But yeah, I bought more sweets and pastries today. They're all in the kitchen."

I gave my sister a confused look. "T-Then what's this?" I tried working on the ribbon around the box.

"A gift...from father." She spoke hesitatingly.

"F-Father?" My hands undoing the lace went stiff as I looked to my sister with fear. What devious plan is he doing again?

My sister place a hand over mine, "Don't worry onee-san, I was the one who chose it."

"O-Okay." I gave my sister a forced smile but I'm dead nervous on the inside.

I removed the cover of the box and furrowed my eyebrows as I saw what it is, "a dress?" I was puzzled. "W-Why would father buy me a dress? Doesn't he want to lock me up here forever?"

"Father said, some guests are coming over for dinner and he wants us to be there." My sister explained.

"Why would he want me to be there? He no longer consider me his daughter anyway." I covered the box and gave it back to Hanabi. "Thanks but no thanks."

"Tell him, I don't need it. If he was just forced to present me infront of his visitors then tell him he doesn't have to worry about it. I could just pretend I'm sick or whatever." I took a step back to my room, holding the door knob to close the door.

Hanabi pushed the door to enter my room, "No. Onee-san, it wasn't like that. Here.." She placed the box on top of a table, "Visitors will arrive at 7. Aren't you feeling bored having to stay here stuck for a very long time? At least you get to see new faces today." She laughed while I frowned.

"Okay, see you later!", She went out of my room and closed the door but then I heard her voice again. "Oh! I bought you're favorite pastry too! If you want to some you know where to get it!"

"Thanks!" I shouted back.

Cinnamon. I unconsciously smiled.

Suddenly my eyes laid on the box on the table and my smile was gone. Seriously, I don't understand my father.

I walked back to my bed letting my body fall freely, my face hitting the pillow. I closed my eyes.

I don't want to go out there and fake my life infront of those people.

Hmmmm...

cinnamon...

"W-Why is this so good!" I took a bite. "Mmmmm!" Another bite.

My sister burst to a very loud laugh, "hold it onee-san." She said in between her laughs. "Those cinnamon rolls aren't running away from you! And you're not in an eating contest! So please slow down! Haha!" She covered her mouth trying to conceal the volume of her laugh.

I picked another piece and raised it above my head, "The taste of heaven!" I chuckled. "Oh my God! This is the best cinnamon roll EVER!""

Hanabi fell on her back and let out her loudest laugh I've ever heard.

"B-be careful Hanabi, you'll fall off the bed!" I panicked.

"Hahaha!" She couldn't stop laughing. "You're really crazy onee-san!" She rolled and fell on the floor.

There was a loud thud. "I told you to be careful!" It was my turn to laugh on my sister.

I licked my fingers before I move to the side of the bed to see her, "that's what you get for making fun at me, Hana-"

"H-Hanabi!!!" I was horrified with the next thing I saw. There she was on the floor soaked in her own blood.

"Onee-san.." her voice shook.

"Onee-san!" She shouted.

"W-what should I do?" I panicked. I don't know what to do until my eyes laid on the cinnamon rolls.

"Here!" I shoved it to my sister's mouth.

"Hmmmpp!" She then spat the food and shouted hysterically like a evil-possessed girl, "onee-saaaaaaan!"

Then I heard somebody knocking on the door.

I gasped and looked around my room.

A dream?

"Onee-san!" My sister knocked on the door. "Onee-san!" I can sense she's already mad.

I got out of my bed and opened my door only to see a mad sister who shrieked when she saw that I haven't worn the dress yet.

"S-Sorry, I fell asleep" I yawned.

"Go change to that dress now, onee-san!" She crossed her arms. "Go down in ten minutes!"

"Okay. Okay. Understood." I put my hands infront of me.

Hanabi frowned at me at closed my door.

Aaah! Fine! I grabbed the box and brought out the wonderful gift of my father which was chosen by my sister. It was a plain silver-colored silk dress.

Beautiful and elegant.

And so I wore it. I grabbed a pair of silver flats to make my outfit matched. Rushing to leave my room, I noticed my image on the mirror.

Ah my hair! I took my comb and swiftly fixed my hair.

There! This should be good. Who are these guests anyway that we need to be so presentable?

Could it be..Sasuke?

I brushed off my thoughts. No. Of course it's not him. He's in abroad.

But what if.. No. I don't think chances are he's here and I don't think I can face him.

I hate him.

And I wish it's not the Uchihas.

I went out of my room and made my way to the kitchen. My dream of eating cinnamon rolls just made me crave for it even more. And I am eating lots of it so I can excuse myself from eating dinner.

Ha! Brilliant idea, Hinata!

I excitedly sneaked in at the kitchen and saw the boxes on top of the counter.

My heart jumped for the box of cinnamon rolls on the counter along with the other pastries. I know that that was it because it has a sticky note attached with my name written on it.  I am so excited I can even smell it as I carefully undo the packaging.

A box of cinnamon rolls just for me!

Putting three pieces on a plate, I grabbed another piece and ate it.

"Mmmmm...So good!" My eyes sparkled with happiness. "Oh!" I forgot my sister was waiting for me!

I went out to the kitchen and went at the living room where my sister is waiting for me. I would thank her so much for this heavenly delicious food.

As I reached the living room, I saw Sasuke's parents.

What a surprise!

I stood like stone while my eyes immediately wandered around the area. Gladly, he wasn't there. I sighed a relief.

"She's here." My father stood from the couch to fetch me.

"Oh dear! It's so nice seeing you again!" Sasuke's mother embraced me. "I missed you!"

"It's nice to see you too." I forced a smile. I turned to Sasuke's father and bowed, "good evening."

"Good evening. How are you?" He responded.

"I'm fine." I smiled.

"She's currently taking a break and I have to watch over her." My father intervened.

"I'm sure she'll get better easily because you're here for her." Sasuke's mom spoke to father.

My father laughed in return. "Of course! So shall we proceed with dinner?"

My father is really good at hiding the truth from everyone.

He makes up fake excuses to cover up the bad image of this family.

We then went to the dining room. Our long table was decorated elegantly with candles and flowers. The eating utensils used were the finest we have.

Father sitted at the only chair on the middle while Hanabi and I sitted side by side; me nearest to father. The Uchihas sat opposite to us.

Father talked to the couple some business matters while Hanabi and I were quietly eating.

I'm quite glad they weren't opening the topic about marriage but I honestly don't get it why we have to be here.

I suddenly remembered the pastries and leaned in closer to my sister, I whispered, "Thanks for the cinnamon rolls! It's good! But the cinnamon rolls in my dream was the best." I giggled.

She almost choked, "You're so obsessed with that food you even eat it in your dreams! Crazy cinnamon girl!" She was trying to suppress her laugh.

"Sorry I'm late." I heard a familiar voice.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
Hmmm..I want cinnamon rolls too! ( ̄﹃ ̄)
More chapters for this month so keep your radars on patrol! I'm already 3 chapters ahead and will now work on the 4th!

Again, thanks everyone for reading! Good night! キラキラ!♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

76.1K 2.4K 6
Hinata Uzumaki is the beautiful wife of the almighty Hokage, Naruto Uzumaki. That's all she ever wanted. For years until his proposal, she could onl...
16.1K 795 35
[ Gaara x Reader | COMPLETED ] He had never known a life without pain, without ridicule. He had never felt the joys of life, the thrill of being in l...
1.3K 39 6
Of course, it was about Sasuke. It was always about Sasuke because Naruto and Sasuke were always just so damn complicated. In ways, he and Orochimaru...
2.5K 57 4
Never in a million years has Sakura Haruno ever thought of marrying Naruto Uzumaki. Well, turns out hearts can mature just like everything else can...