Dragons, Fairies and The Cele...

By ColdLaw

Layla appears to Lucy in a dream, telling her of a hidden power bestowed upon her due to her bloodline. Lucy... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Final Chapter
Epilogue

Chapter 10

3.6K 57 6
By ColdLaw

Lucy awoke the next day, excited and buzzing. She jumped out of the make shift bed, causing the three dragons to groan in annoyance. Lucy looked at them and giggled, she once again made her way to the medicinal springs. She was completely healed from yesterday's trials thanks to Wendy and Porlyusica. The only ache that remained being her muscles, however, the medicinal springs would sort that out soon enough. Lucy sighed as she left the bath.

She tied her hair in a high pony tail and got dressed in her swimsuit of the day. This time it was a light pink with a dark pink and green floral pattern on it. The tube top bikini top was in the shape of a bow and the bikini bottoms had pink ruffles on the sides. She sighed as she walked into the tent she shared with the boys, smiling, she shook them awake. They got up and mumbled good morning, before they too got ready for the day. Natsu had on his usual outfit, the heat was nothing for the Fire Dragon Slayer. However, Sting hand on a pair of white board shorts and Laxus a pair of black board shorts, lightning bolts decorating them.

Once again she joined the rest of the guild for breakfast, which was made by both Mira and Freed. Lucy smiled thinking of the couple. She heard the guild quietened down and turned her attention to Makarov who was going to announce what the last trial was. He motioned us to follow, and we did, moving to the same beach as we had yesterday.

"Now listen up you brats, today is the final S Class Trial and for this one, you will not be working as part of a team. Since there are eight of you, you will each go up against a random S Class Mage. Now the pairings will be as follows" Master said, his hands over two sets of cards, one presumably with S Class Mages on them and one with the participants.

"Natsu Dragneel and Sting Eucliffe" Makarov called out, Sting and Natsu grinned at each other, happy they'd get to battle it out without Erza interfering

"Gray Fullbuster and Rufus Lore" Gray grinned, ready to pummel the Memory Make mage once again

"Juvia Lockser and Erza Scarlet" Erza nodded at Juvia while Juvia looked scared, not wanting to hurt one of Gray's close friends

"Freed Justine and Orga Nanagear" Freed stood emotionless, glancing at the Lightning God Slayer

"Cana Alberona and Rogue Cheney" Cana almost looked scared, however remembering what Lucy did for her, she looked at the expressionless dragon slayer, her resolve strengthening

"Gajeel Redfox and Laxus Dreyar" Gajeel gihi'd looking at Laxus, ready to take him on

"Levy McGarden and Mirajane Strauss" Levy smiled at the older mage.

However, everyone else stood in shock, by the process of elimination that meant that Lucy was going to have to fight Guildarts.

"Lucy Heartfilia and Guildarts Clive" Makarov smiled, knowing that Lucy had the power to take Guildarts on. However, her three very overprotective dragon slayers didn't think so. Guildarts was the strongest mage, and while Lucy had her keys; there was no way she could take him on. Everyone started arguing, however Makarov held his hand up.

"It has been decided, now Natsu, Sting, please begin once you pass Freed's runes" Natsu and Sting nodded. Lucy knew that while she liked them both, she wanted Natsu to win so that he could join S Class Ranking. She smiled as she watched them begin, bight white flashes and explosions of fire. Half an hour later, Natsu emerged victor and she grinned, running up and hugging him, congratulating him for passing. She then walked over to Sting and helped him up, letting him lean on her shoulder as she took him to Wendy and Porlyusica.

Next up was Gray and Rufus, Lucy cheered along for Gray as did the rest of Fairy Tail who wanted Gray to pass, especially Juvia. 1 hour later, bruised and battered, Gray arrived the victor, also joining Natsu in S Class Ranking. Juvia and Erza's battle was next. Erza requipped into her Sea Empress Armour while Juvia was currently in her Water Body form. Half an hour later and Erza proved to be the victor, an injured Juvia crying over how she couldn't be with her beloved Gray. Freed and Orga was next. Lucy watched as Mira cheered loudly for her boyfriend and smiled, also cheering Freed on. However, none of this bothered him, his face stoic, until Laxus opened his mouth.

"I know you can do it, Freed. Do not disappoint the Thunder God Tribe. Do not disappoint me" Laxus stated firmly. She watched as Freed's eyes widened and then hardened and nodded. She knew that he'd win, Laxus was his best friend, the man he worshipped no matter what he did, and hearing those words from Laxus probably meant more to him than anything in the world, apart from Mira that is. She smiled, reaching out for Laxus's hand and squeezing it. Lucy watched as Freed immediately used Dark Ecriture: Absolute Shadow. Orga and Freed battled it out for twenty minutes, and Freed came out victorious. Lucy smiled as Mira hugged him, hearts in her eyes.

Next it was Cana and Rogue's turn. Lucy grinned assuring her she can do it, walking up to her and hugging her. The Fairy Tail members watched as Cana's eyes widened, watering, she nodded at Lucy and turned to face Rogue. Lucy's words rang in Cana's ears as she began to fight Rogue, giving it her all.

'I know you can do it Cana. Don't forget that you're Guildarts' daughter. Not only that, but a Fairy Tail mage. Stand strong in the face of your enemy. Crush him like I know you can. You're a mage of Fiore's strongest guild. A guild full of monsters. Stand proud, knowing that I along with Fairy Tail are behind you, no matter what the outcome of this match. Wear your guild mark with pride. But most of all, do not doubt yourself. Do not doubt your magic.'

Lucy watched the match, her eyes never leaving Cana, smiling as each time she was knocked over, she got up and faced her enemy head on. Finally after a long hour and a half, Cana appeared the victor. Lucy grinned and ran to her friend hugging her, taking Cana to Wendy and Porlyusica.

"Lucy... thank you for believing in me, even when I didn't believe in myself" Cana whispered, tears in her eyes. At first, Lucy didn't say anything; she just placed her forehead on Cana's, smiling down at her, before whispering 'Always.'

Lucy took her place between to Natsu and Gray, who although injured wanted to watch the rest of the participants battle it out. She turned her head back to the beach, watching as Laxus and Gajeel clashed. Suddenly, she watched Laxus' eyes widen as Gajeel whispered something to him, something that not even the other dragon slayers could pick up. She watched as Gajeel changed into his Iron Shadow Dragon mode and watched as Laxus fell to the ground, leaving Gajeel and the victor who smirked, before he too fell down, exhausted. Lucy's eyebrows narrowed, wondering what had caused Laxus to lose focus.

'You better claim Bunny Girl soon, you're running out of time' Laxus stayed down, Gajeel's words ringing through his ears. He was helped up by Lucy, who stared at him in question. He just looked back at her blankly, before shaking his head and telling her it didn't matter. Lucy sighed in frustration, hands on her hips, but she knew better. If Laxus wanted to talk about it, he would. However, it would be in his own time.

She took her seat back in between Gray and Natsu and watched as Levy battled it out with Mira. However, though strong in her own right, Levy didn't stand a chance, losing to Demon Mira within ten short minutes. Lucy sighed. She was next and while she knew she could do it, it would take a lot of her magic power. She was nervous yet excited at the same time, wondering what it would be like to be known as Fairy Tail's strongest mage. She sighed, knowing that it was for the best if she wasn't.

'It would be too much of a responsibility' Lucy reasoned

She watched as Guildarts came into her view, motioning to follow him. She did as instructed, following him far away from the rest of the members as she heard Natsu and Gray yelling in protest, only to be stopped by a worried Erza, who knew that having Guildarts fight near so many members could be dangerous.

*Lucy's POV*

I followed Guildarts to a clearing in the middle Tenrou Island. I looked at him, remembering how the last time he fought Natsu; he wanted Natsu to learn what fear was. He cleared his throat, wondering what I was thinking off.

"I recall Natsu telling me about your fight with him, how you wanted him to know what fear was, what his own fear was" I replied, looking at him straight in the eyes. He nodded.

"And do you know what fear is?" He asked me. I looked at him for a minute and thought to myself. I nodded to him, remembering what Natsu had told me and he beckoned me to continue.

"Fear is knowing one's weakness and only through knowing that weakness, can one become stronger and kinder" Lucy stated to him. Guildarts looked surprised and then nodded

"And do you Lucy Heartfilia know your weakness?" Guildarts questioned. Again I stared at him blankly, thinking to myself and again I nodded. He looked at my, his eyebrows raised, waiting for me to continue.

"My weaknesses are my spirits, my friends, my guild mates. My weakness is my family" I stated looking at him, his eyes titled in question and I carried on.

"I can hold my own in a battle without my spirits and my friends. However, I fight for them, with them. I fight to protect them, like they protect me. I am a mage because of the bonds I share with my spirits. I stay a mage, even though I know that any day could be my last, for my friends, my nakama. I am stronger because of them. I am at my strongest with them beside me. However, without them near me, I know I am nothing. They are my weakness yes, but they are also my strength" I finished, looking at Guildarts. He was shocked and then his lips quirked in a small smile.

*No One's POV*

"I now see why my daughter calls you her best friend. I see why you are known as the Light of the Fairies. You have the ability to inspire people, to make them aspire to be better. However, in order to pass you still need to beat me. I am in your gratitude for saving my precious little girl yesterday, however I will not go easy on you" Guildarts said, his crash magic surrounding his fists.

"I wouldn't expect you to, because I will not be going easy on you either, even if you are one of my best friend's father" Lucy replied, she pulled out her Flueve D'etoiles and snapping it out in front of him. He smirked in response and they both attacked at the same time. Lucy summoned Libra and Vulpecula, the fox. She distracted Guildarts by using Libra's gravity magic, forcing him to his knees, while Vulpecula used her deception magic to form an illusion around him.

Guildarts stared in confusion as he was now surrounded by complete darkness. He could not see anything and suddenly out of nowhere came a blinding light. He felt something wrap around him and suddenly he was thrown to the floor. Guildarts quickly realised it was an illusion, causing it to become useless.

"I'm surprise you managed a trick like that" Guildarts said, impressed by Lucy's slyness.

"I'm glad you think so" Lucy replied smirking as she sent both Libra and Vulpecula back. She summoned Cam, the Chamaleon and Guildarts again watched in shock as she disappeared before him. Again out of nowhere her whip wrapped around him, throwing him into the air before she 'Lucy Kicked' him to the ground. Guildarts laughed, he hadn't had this much fun in a while. She then sent Cam back to the spirit world.

Lucy glare at him, he didn't even have a single scratch on his body. She then summoned Cepheus, the King and Hercules, the Hero. Guildarts moved to punch Lucy with his crash magic, however she narrowly dodged, flipping over him, using his shoulder as leverage to push off and land on her feet on the other side of him. He watched her, forgetting about her two spirits who were now in the process of performing a Unison Raid, their light and lightning magic working as one. When he realised she was a distraction, it was too late, the magic hitting him, sending him crashing into a tree.

She smiled triumphantly as he got up, however this time he had a few scratches and bruises on his body.

"That's some power you got there girl. I've never seen a Celestial Mage who can call out 5 gates in one day, as well as performing a Unison Raid. You even managed to get a few bruises on my body. I'm impressed" Guildarts chuckled out and Lucy smiled at the compliment

"Thank you, it took 6 months but I got there in the end" Lucy grinned back. She then sent Cepheus and Hercules back, pulling out two Hiddenite keys. She summoned Draco, the Dragon and Phoenix, the Eternal Bird. Guildarts stood again impressed by Lucy's spirits. Readying his attack, he watched as the two spirits again tried a Unison Raid and again it hit him, sending him flying into the air. Guildarts used the air as leverage and twisted his body, punching Lucy in the gut using his crash magic. He watched as she went flying, only to be caught by the bird spirit, who ensured her safe landing on the ground.

"Thanks Phee, Aurora, now return to the Spirit World to rest" Lucy said, smiling fondly at her spirits. She watched as they nodded and disappeared.

"Your spirits are very powerful, I'll give them that" Guildarts stated. As the time passed, he was growing more and more fond of the girl. He knew that his own daughter saw the girl as a sister. He also knew from his daughter that this girl had captured the hearts of Natsu and Laxus, as well as a third dragon slayer. He could see why, not only was she beautiful, but she had a heart of gold and was well loved by everyone in the guild. He knew most Celestial Mages used Spirits as a shield, but this girl fought alongside them and for that he admired her.

'The true Light of the Fairies' he chuckled, watching the girl. She was panting slightly, however she looked determined to defeat him. He watched as she took out two keys made of moonstone.

"Open, Gate of the Water God, Neptune. Open, Gate of the Ice God, Uranus" Lucy chanted once again, the stars formed however this time once they finished fusing, two planets stood in the sky, orbiting around each other. Guildarts smirked; he knew these spirits were strong. He'd witnessed the Lighting God's power himself and now she was summoning two of them at once. Oh, he was definitely enjoying himself.

He watched as two men stood beside her, both of them in black suits, one with a tie made of ice and really light blue hair and even lighter eyes and one with dark blue hair and darker eyes. He watched them take a protective stance beside her, both men radiating an unnatural amount of power. He watched them take the stance for a Unison Raid and got ready to dodge. However as it travelled toward him, no matter where he moved it followed him and so he stopped and exuded his own magical power. The two magical forces hit, causing a large explosion, causing both him and Lucy to be sent off flying in opposite directions.

*With the rest of the guild members*

It had been over 3 hours now and everyone was agitated, waiting for the news of what had happened. The three dragon slayers were grumpy and growling at everyone, their dragons worried over their mate. They didn't like the fact that she'd gone off with the perverted man whore, and they didn't like that it had been so long since they'd left. Even the master by now was getting worried.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a large explosion echoed and the three boys flew off, trying to get to their mate, however they were stopped by Freed's runes. They turned to him glaring harshly; attacking him without thinking, the thought of him standing in the way to their mate angering them. However, before they could hit him, a large hand grabbed them. Master Makarov glared at the three boys.

"Have some faith in her" That was all he said. That was all he had to say. The boys calmed down, nodding and stared in the direction of the explosion, saddened that they couldn't help their mate. The rest of the guild also stared, and while the Master tried to be calm, he too was on edge, wanting to know what was happening. The members sat in silence again, listening, waiting for signs of the mages returning.

*Back to Lucy and Guildarts*

Both mages struggled to get up, the impact of the magic in the air weakening both of them more than they'd like to admit. Both of them got up, their breathing ragged. They were bruised, bloodied and battered. However, despite their injuries both were grinning.

"I think it's time we ended this don't you?" Lucy questioned, beaming at him.

"Yes, I have to agree" Guildarts replied chuckling.

"I will show you my other magic, however, you must promise not to tell anyone in the guild, unless I have told them myself" Lucy stated, smiling at him. Guildarts raised his eyebrows in question

"You have another magic?" He questioned, intrigued. He watched as she nodded. He stared at her, fascinated and cocked his head, telling her he'd keep her secret. She smiled and took her stance, thinking of which Dragon Fairy to transform into. Then she smiled, she'd stick to Celestial Magic. Closing her eyes, she reached within her, looking for the magic in her blood.

Guildarts watched as a bright colourful magic circle appeared under her. He stared, captivated by the beauty of her magic when she opened her eyes, stars forming around her and exploding into stardust. He stared in awe and wonder as she grew a pair of colourful wings, her outfit changing. She looked at him smiling.

"What magic is this?" He questioned, still in bewilderment

"Dragon Fairy" Lucy replied smiling at his shocked faced

"But that's a lost magic, there are no more Dragon Fairies around anymore" Guildarts retorted

"It was passed down from my mother. It's in my blood" Lucy explained and Guildarts nodded and grinned.

"Now, let's finish this battle" Lucy finished, readying her final attack. Guildarts nodded, still captivated by the stardust falling from her wings as she fluttered in the air, while readying his attack.

"Celestial Storm" Lucy screamed, and he watched as planets and stars of all sizes formed in the sky. He watched as they spun around resembling a cyclone in the sky. He watched as they spun faster and faster in the sky. Then he snapped back to reality.

"Crushing Evil, Spreading the Truth: Empyrean" Guildarts yelled, attempting to cancel out the magic power, however it did not work, instead the stars and planets started falling down, bursting into stardust as they crashed on the ground. He watched as they started hurtling towards him not being able to move. The stars and planets then crashed into him, each of them hitting their target until they finally stopped. Lucy exited her Dragon Fairy mode and fluttered to the ground slowly, her breathing ragged. She slowly walked over to him. He stared at her; his breath had also become ragged, panting. He watched as she extended her arm out to him, and he took it gratefully.

"Thanks" he said, his voice hoarse.

"No problem, now come on we have a guild to get back to" Lucy said, smiling at him. He smiled back.

"You sure have a lot of power there, why didn't you just use it at the start?" Guildarts enquired, she just looked at him grinning

"Like I said, my strength comes from my friends. I count my spirits as friends, and so I like to fight beside them, power and strength mean nothing to me if I don't have them by my side" Lucy replied, her hands brushing over her keys. Guildarts stared at the girl incredulously.

'She has all that power and yet she fights with her spirits, even when she knows that she could defeat anyone singlehandedly. This girl is truly an enigma. I see why she's your favourite Makarov, the guild's favourite' he thought to himself as she dragged him back to their camp, knowing that the guild would have headed back there after so long. He watched as the sun began to set. They'd been fighting for 4 hours straight, he sighed, knowing that the guild must be worried.

When they entered camp, everything was silent. He looked around confused, wondering where everyone was. He scanned his eyes and he found them, all sitting by the fire, awaiting their return. They currently had their backs to them and they weren't aware that they'd returned. He cleared his throats, gaining everyone's attention. They all gasped, taking in the site of the two mages, both beat up and bloodied. Scratches and bruises over their bodies. Lucy dropped Guildarts unceremoniously, slumping to the ground next to him.

Laxus, Natsu and Sting took in the site of their mate, she had many injuries and was panting, however she was smiling. Sting lifted her up, carrying her bridal style to the make shift infirmary, as Natsu and Laxus brought Guildarts. The members quietly followed them, murmuring about who had won. They watched as Porlyusica and Wendy healed the two mages. Makarov looked at the two, they already looked much better and while their bodies were completely healed, he knew they'd both used up a lot of magical energy, so he waited patiently for them to recuperate.

He didn't have to wait for long before both mages sat up, groaning. He watched in amusement as the three dragon slayers sat on the bed next to her. He watched Lucy smile, taking comfort in their presence. He watched Guildarts smile at the group and the Master cleared his throat, asking the question everyone in the room wanted to.

"So, who won the battle?" Makarov questioned, he too wanted to know the outcome of the match.

"Lucy won, she's a brilliant mage and a strong fighter" Guildarts said, looking over at her grinning. He heard the guild gasp, looking at Lucy incredulously as she shook her had

"I wouldn't say I won, I'd say it was a draw, we both are pretty beaten up" Lucy replied, smiling, the guild gasped again. If there hadn't been a winner, did that mean Lucy was on par with the Ace of Fairy Tail?

"Alright fine, but you pass. Welcome to the S Class Family" Guildarts retorted, grinning

"Glad to be part of it" Lucy said.

"But Luce, how did you manage to beat Guildarts?" Natsu questioned, dumbfounded

"That's a secret between the two of us, Natsu" Guildarts replied, remembering his promise to Lucy. The guild just nodded, accepting that in their own time, they'd find out.

"Alright, this concludes this year's S Class Trials. I'd like to welcome Natsu Dragneel, Gray Fullbuster, Freed Justine, Cana Alberona, Gajeel Redfox and Lucy Heartfilia, the new S Class Mages, now drink and make merry" Makarov yelled as the guild cheered and they partied on through the night, rejoicing over the newest S Class members.

All of them blissfully unaware of all the pain tomorrow would bring.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 5.4K 23
"Why?" Screamed Lucy as she was pushed into the stream by Natsu. She slowly got out of the stream and punched Natsu in the face. That punch was a dis...
309 38 17
Another story following my last two. NALU for those who haven't read them. Mature audience for graphic violent scenes. Natsu gets' completely taken o...
273K 4.8K 28
Lucy has been a loyal member of Fairy Tail ever scince Natsu brought her there. She was having a great time as a part of team natsu, and she loved do...
197K 5.2K 11
Lucy Heartfilia has secrets, but then again, everyone does. However, hers are darker than most: she was abused as a child, and now she bears scars th...