Dark Shadows Are Alive

By ChocolatePoptart33

In a world where all of the fantasy creatures that roam about in books are real there are very few people who... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 (I LOVE THAT NUMBER)
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44

Chapter 36

131 5 2
By ChocolatePoptart33

A/N: Phew. I posted this and me being paranoid I went on my ipod to email myself the chapter so I could save it when i turned the laptop back on and when I went to the chapter on my ipod only half was there. I dont have the best track record with wattpad so I freaked out and turned my laptop back on but its all still here. I saved it to word and a flashdrive now. Thanks for being awesome readers! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No." I stated sharply with the phone pressed against my ear.

"But Lynn, you promised that when we both had boyfriends we could go on a trip together" Aria argued, trying desperately to win me over.

"That was for when we were both married, even then I never promised. You know how I feel about planes. Its not just something I can get over" I said, avoiding eye contact with Pheonix as I paced around the room.

You see, after Pheonix mentioned the little soulmate thing, I went into denial and refused to talk to him about it and that's when my phone rang with Aria on the other end trying to convince me to go on a plane so we could have a little get away trip from everything.

"But you can by facing your fear and flying on that plane!" she explained

My stomach turned at the thought of flying on a plane and possibly dying "I don't want to Ari"

"Please" she begged "do it for me Lynn"

"If I wouldn't do it for you two years ago, what makes you think i'll do it for you now?" I asked, leaning against the wall.

Aria sighed on the other end and said "Fine, do it for Pheonix. I'm sure he'd love to spend a little romantic get away with you" she said.

My eyes flashed to Pheonix and in that second we made eye contact. My throat dried up and I couldn't look away from his piercing gaze that said he really wanted to talk. But I just couldn't. Not right now.

"I don't think he does" I mumbled into the phone.

'What'd you do?" She asked automatically

"Why do you always assume its something I did?" I asked, slightly yelling into the phone.

"Because Lynn. you're always insecure about something and end up saying something that screws everything up, or you push people away which has the same affect" she said, making my anger rise.

"Well sorry i'm not ms.perfect" I stated sarcastically

She sighed and said "Look I'm forcing you to come on this trip whether you like it or not. Nothing will go wrong because Pheonix will be there to protect you. Its time to get over your fear" she said, ending the conversation.

"Its my fear and my life, Aria! You cant control what I do!" I yelled and closed the phone then decided to throw my phone across the room, ending in it hitting the wall.

I closed my eyes and leaned against the wall, running my hands through my hair as I slowly slid down the wall until I was in a ball. I couldn't help the tear that rolled down the cheek from all of my misplaced anger and emotions.

Pheonix's arms wrapped around me and pulled me into his chest as he said "Just talk to me about it so you wont destroy your friendship with Aria over something I did"

I continued to cry as I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled myself closer to him.

"It just doesn't make sense. All through high school I could never find anyone who loved me for me and I would always make my 11:11 wish about finding my soulmate and having him love me but it never happened. Then I would hope that something would happen junior year, ya know? To prove everyone wrong cause that's when it always happens in the movies. But when nothing happened, and no one chose to love me back I just gave up with hope. Then you just show up here all perfect and it doesn't make sense! I don't know why but in my head it just doesn't!" I explained, wiping my tears away with the back of my hand.

"Stop it" Pheonix said lightly, tilting my head up and wiping my tears away gently before continuing.

"Did you ever think that maybe it didn't work out with any of those boys in high school because somehow you knew that you were already taken. That your soulmate was maybe too old for high school because he's stuck in that age but that when you were old enough to take it all on and truly know what love is, then fate would manage to bring us together so you could have your chance at happiness" 

I sat in his lap with my head laying against his chest as I thought about what he said. I knew it was all to make me feel better but still, he had a way with words and he could make you feel like the only girl in the world.

"So the whole soulmate thing is real? It wasn't just some bs to make me stick around?" I asked

"Does that mean you weren't gonna stick around?" he asked, rubbing my back gently

"It means was that just your security blanket for our relationship or is it the truth?"

He ran his fingers through my hair before responding with "I would never lie to you, love. So yes, we really are soulmates"

"Hey wait, so is that why Xander showed up? Because he wanted to meet me?" 

"Yes. Once Jadabell found out, she couldn't keep her mouth shut but didn't bother to tell me that she had told him, which ended with that surprise visit from him" he explained.

"Oh yeah, when I was in the hospital" I said more as a confirming with myself but Pheonix heard and tightened his grip on me.

Apparently me in the hospital equals an unhappy Pheonix. Makes sense, Xander was planning on using me to torture his brother until he found out we were soul mates but either way, good to know.

I glanced up from where I was still curled in his arms and saw my phone laying on the ground with the case broken off of it.

"Sorry about your wall... I feel like I hurt its feelings..Sorry Mr.Wall, I didn't mean for you to get hurt, I was just mad. Same with you Mr.Phone, you're a good phone. I'm sorry."

"They're inanimate objects, sweetheart. They cant hear you, nor do I think they care." he said, standing up and taking me with him.

"Hey! You don't know that! He's sorry guys, he's just cranky" I told them, earning an eye roll from Pheonix.

"You should've seen me when I was a kid. At night I would lay in my bed with the lights off saying goodnight to everything because I was afraid that If I only said it to certain objects then the other things would hold a grudge and break apart. I just always pictured my wall falling off in the middle of the night because I didn't say goodnight to it and thank it for all of its hard work." I paused, thinking about what I said before continuing with "hmmm, I think I was a weird child".

Pheonix just smirked and walked towards the door, his arm wrapped around my waist as he said "That's alright sweetheart, it makes you interesting" before opening the door and pulling me out of his room with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he pulled me along side him down the stairs.

"I'm making you breakfast because as long as you're here, I'm forcing you to eat" he said,  walking through the kitchen door.

I hopped on the counter and watched as he made me pancakes, giving me the urge to make that whole romantic food fight scene happen considering there's a bowl of pancake mix just chilling on the counter next to him.

Screw it. As he made the pancake mix into batter I scooted off of the counter and placed myself behind him with my arms wrapped around his waist saying "You look really sexy when your cooking" 

He turned to face me with a smirk as he responded with "Is that so?"

I just smiled and dunked my finger in the batter and made a dot on his nose before saying "definitely" then getting on my tippy toes and kissing him.

He just smiled and shook his head, wiping off the batter as he turned back around to face the stove. As soon as I spotted the stereo just sitting on the counter I skipped over to it and turned it on.

Teenage dream came on and I started singing along and dancing to the music, using the lyrics to get Pheonix involved.

I twirled around him singing "lets go all the way tonight" wrapping my arms around him and undoing his belt then turning him around to face me while I continued with the radio "No regrets just  love" 

"We can dance, until we  die" I sang, taking his hand and making him spin me so we were dancing together "You will be young forever" 

Pheonix rolled his eyes and fixed his belt before turning back around to the stove and moving the pancakes onto another plate while I slid in front of him singing "you make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream" and unbuttoning his shirt as I said "the way you turn me on" he caught my hands and smiled at me before giving me a warning look then spun us so I was away from the stove.

"I cant sleep" I yelled now dancing around in the middle of the kitchen with him watching me "lets run away and don't ever look back! don't ever look back!!" I sang as I spun in a circle, Pheonix's shirt riding up where you could see skin.

I walked over  to him and put a sad face on when I sang "Before you met me, I was a wreck but things were kinda heavy you brought me to life" then started dancing around him once he turned back around.

"Now every February you'll be my valentine" I sang skipping by him and smacking his butt before hopping up onto the counter singing "valentine" giving him a wink when he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Lets go all the way tonight" I sang when he came closer to me so I  wrapped my legs around his waist making sure to keep him tight against me while I continued with "no regrets just love" then giving him a peck on the cheek and hopping off the counter, once again jumping around the kitchen singing "we can dance until we die you and I, will be young forever"

Pheonix put a plate of pancakes on the island in front of one of the stools and he sat in the other, watching me while I continued to sing and  dance.

"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream" somehow I managed to hop onto his lap so I was facing him while I sang "the way you turn me on" playing with the zipper of his jeans but he caught my hand and put his hand over my mouth before I could sing anymore and gently saying "Eat your breakfast"

I smiled and scooted off of him, moving my hips with the beat as I sang "Let you put your hands on me in my skin tight jeans be your teenage dream tonight" I ended it right as he caught me at the waist and whispered in my ear saying "Unless if you want me to rip your clothes off right here and now I suggest you sit down and eat your breakfast" he said in a husky voice.

Happy that my dancing had affected him, I smiled and said "Don't worry that was the end of the song anyway" and hopped up onto the other spinny chair that sat at the island.

I spun my chair to face him asking "Where's your peanut butter and syrup and knives?"

He gave me a questioning look but stood up and walked around the kitchen, grabbing each item I mentioned, along the way then place them infront of me. He watched as I spread the peanut butter over one of my pancakes then continued to put syrup on that same pancake then spread that around on it as well before cutting it and taking a bite, smiling in contentment.

"Something smells delicious" Xander said coming into the kitchen

"Normally I'd be a smartass and say that its me but with vampires around it actually could be true" I said to him with a smirk

He walked past me with a smile and said "Cute" before grabbing a fork and taking a piece out of my pancake and eating it.

Pheonix didn't enjoy his little stunt but i didn't mind at all especially because he said "Nice mix. Tastes good" and he's the first person that's actually complimented me on my mixture of items.

I put some more pancake on my fork and held it out to Pheonix asking "You want some?" 

"No thanks, sweetheart" Pheonix said lightly before standing up and grabbing Xander by the collar of his shirt and pulling him away from my food.

He let go of him when they were by the oven where the other pancakes were and handed him a plate while growling out "Get your own" then taking his seat back.

"Someones touchy this morning. What'd you do to him, Lynn?" Xander asked as he walked back to the island and sat across from me with his own plate.

"I showed him my teenage dream" I said, sending a wink Pheonix's way

"I'm gonna pretend I didn't see or hear that. Why is the stereo so damn loud?" Xander questioned, getting up and walking over to turn the music down but before he could Jade walked in yelling "Yeah! This is my jam!" before noticing Xander was about to turn it off and saying "You touch that button and i'll hurt you"

Xander put his hands up in surrender then turned the music down and headed back to his seat while Jade got a plate of her own.

I smiled at the group thinking about how even after all these years having to deal with each other they still manage to have a semi-normal family breakfast.

Xander broke the silence by clearing his throat and asking "So Lynn, what are you doing today?"

"Well seeing as it's monday, I have to work at two" I stated, taking another bite while looking at the clock on the stove that said 10:42. Wow I woke up early.

"Or you could call off and hang out with us" Xander stated 

Then Jade cut in saying "Ooh that could be fun. Like a little get to know each other day or we could do something fun!" 

"Or I could go to work so I don't get fired" I stated while placing my fork down since I considered myself done.

"Why do you even have to work. I'm sure your family left you money" he said, referring to my parents and grams.

I got up and put my dishes in his sink and stayed facing the sink when I said "I don't wanna waste one of the last things they gave me when I can just as easily make my own money" 

When I could feel the tension in the room and there was no response I turned around to see both Jade and Pheonix glaring at Xander. In their eyes it was a rude question, which it partly was but only because I make it seem like a big deal. Everything that involves my parents I make a big deal.

Feeling bad for Xander I said "If I call off we could have a movie marathon" drawing all the attention back to me.

"What's that?" Jade asked

"You've never had a movie marathon?" I asked her, only to have her shake her head as a response.

"You know, its where you get all these movie and each person picks out at least one and you get popcorn and drinks and candy and just sit in a dark room all day just watching the movies you picked out." I explained, taking my spot back on the chair.

Jade looked to Pheonix with a puppy dog face when she asked "Pheonix can we please do it? Please! It sounds really fun!" she begged.

When it looked like Pheonix was gonna turn her down I put my hand on his thigh, making him look towards me and I kept raising my hand higher as I said "Please" with big eyes.

You could tell he was angry when he said "Fine" then took my hand off of his thigh and kept it locked in his own hand so I couldn't do anymore tricks like that.

Jade stood up and did a fist pump while yelling "Woohoo! Movie day!" making me smile at how happy she was.

I stood up and pulled Pheonix along with me as I headed back up to his room so I could get my hopefully still alive phone. 

Once we were up there I dropped his hand and when to retrieve my phone, bending down and picking it up but when I stood back up and turned around, Pheonix was right in front of me saying "What you did down there wasn't very nice" 

I pouted and said "I thought you enjoyed my song" and running my hand down his chest.

"You know that's not what i'm talking about" he said before rubbing circles on the one patch of skin that showed under his shirt I was wearing. 

His hand slowly worked its way upwards, slowly drawing patterns as it went, leaving my heart racing from the sensation that was left behind from his touch. When he almost got to my chest I grabbed his arm saying "I'm not-"

"Wearing a bra, I know." He intercepted, continuing with "You were jumping around the kitchen and teasing me, remember?"

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out. I had completely forgotten how much I had just done in front of him down there. We must really be soul mates because I would never be that comfortable around any guy.

Moving on from our conversation, I looked down at my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found my boss then clicked call.

She answered after two rings with a blunt "what" 

I bit my lip before saying "Hi, it's Lynn. I was wondering if I could get today off, you see my brothers really sick and there's no one else to take care of him" I said, using the guilt trip of my family's death.

She sighed then said "Fine, but you know you're not gonna get many more of these. I'm not afraid of firing you" she stated harshly.

I flinched inwardly and said "I know, thank you" 

She didn't saying anything else before hanging up, leaving me standing there looking down at my phone before shrugging it off and walking towards Pheonix and saying "You're gonna wanna put some comfy clothes on. We're gonna be sitting for a while" I stated before sitting on his bed, signalling for him to change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

991 76 37
(Inspired by 'How to Train your Dragon' and 'Tarzan') When Angela Brighton is offered an opportunity of a lifetime to travel to an island with her fr...
215K 6.2K 13
Lucy is a 17 year old girl she has an abusive father and she self harms what happens when the hybrid that everyone is afraid of comes to her town and...
385K 11.8K 87
Gabby a nineteen year old girl, with an awful childhood. So many scars and ghosts from her past, bad memories. She was adopted by Marsha and Kathy th...
1.2K 264 46
Young lady goes on a journey to self discovery amidst life's ups and downs. Through it all she finds that love could be found in the most unprecedent...