Ice on My Lashes

By HennessyWedgewood

Can I give you words-the kind that sting & kiss, both at once. As does this storm, fiercely blowing at the l... More

Hunting Season
After the Jar Breaks
The Blue Bottle
Sensory
Timpanic
Strange Faery Tales

Lamps & Oils

0 0 0
By HennessyWedgewood

Watching winter fall—her blankets
Cold but soothing

Do you see, that my heart was once
Purer, as was the ocean, and
The spring water, once, once,
Long ago. Did I willingly pollute it?

Maybe at times I did? Out of naivety? Or stupidity? Haughtiness? I don't know. But can you purify it now? Can you bring it to the trough, cleansed and holy, or is this heart, this blood, too sickly now?

Remember: those cold long lone nights, a child in the blackness of misery, clutching to you like the a babe to a mother. Now, am I a mad murderer clinging to mercy?

I remember, that child in the black, lone, teary mumblings and quests for guidance. Have I changed? Perhaps.

Cynical—of mostly myself, of others. Wary—of mostly myself, of others.

I have a soft hope. A weak faith.
A strong misery—of mostly myself, of others.

Where did the road go?
What light have I buried, so as to not be trampled by the herds in their search for lamps and oils?

I still clutch—at the cold, like a soothing blanket. Each snowflake, some ancient memory, of home, of comfort, of the days before—the days when all I knew was the love of God.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 548 94
𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’ π‘Ž 𝑠𝑖𝑙𝑒𝑛𝑑 π‘£π‘œπ‘–π‘π‘’ 𝑖𝑛 π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑛𝑑 π‘ π‘™π‘œπ‘€π‘™π‘¦ π‘π‘Žπ‘Ÿπ‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘‘ π‘Žπ‘€π‘Žπ‘¦ π‘‡β„Žπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ 𝑀𝑖𝑙𝑙 π‘›π‘’π‘£π‘’π‘Ÿ β„Žπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ οΏ½...
19.7K 1K 18
Virat: mahi... Please Mahi: cheeku
30.5K 1.1K 152
Most of this is sad, any TW will be at the start of them I'm a 16 y/o just wanting to share some of my poetry with people other than my friends :] (A...