When It All Comes Crashing Do...

Door itskourtniee_

"No, no, no! This cannot be happening!" My mother cried out. The funeral was last week, and now we are at the... Meer

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 10

140 2 1
Door itskourtniee_

Chapter 10:

S/O TO MY NEW EDITOR @LIYAHDOCIOUS EVERYONE GO FOLLOW MY BESTIE! CHARACTER CHANGE! ALICIA IS IMANI HAKIM NOW INSTEAD OF KEKE PALMER, IF YOU DIDN’T NOTICE THE BOOK COVER CHANGE! AND WHO WANTS TO MAKE ME A NEW COVER BECAUSE MINE IS SUCKISH? NO ONE? OKAY…

Alicia’s POV

I can’t believe I just said all of that. I poured out all of my feelings for this boy and he just looks at me. Just looks at me! Seriously? Now my name is going to be going around the school again. My life is horrible right now. “What happened?” Sandra asked me as I approached my car. I told her about my plan and what I was going to say to Daniel, so she’s been waiting over here by our cars the whole time.

“I told him everything and he didn’t have anything to say. I feel so stupid and embarrassed.” I cried as she pulled me into a hug. “Shh! It’s okay Alicia. Everything will be fine.” She said “I don’t have time for this. I need to get my baby and go do my homework.” I replied as we released our grips from around each other.

“Okay, you can follow me to my house.” Sandra said “Alright.” I sighed as I got in my car. As we were pulling off, I looked up and saw Daniel looking at me. I shook my head and gave him the finger before pulling off, following Sandra to her house.

When we got there, I got Bre and all of her things, thanked Mrs. Price, and drove back home. When I got inside my house, I made small talk with everyone before going up to my room and locking the door behind me. “How’s my baby doing?” I grinned at Bre. She just giggled and played with my hair.

I played with her for a little while, then put her on the floor on her baby blanket so she could roll around a little while I did my homework. I finished all of my homework about two hours later. It was seven o’clock now and it was past Bre’s bedtime. I gave her a bath, fed her a bottle, and rocked her to sleep.

Saturday Morning: 10 AM

All week, I’ve been avoiding Daniel. He’s been trying to talk to me but I really don’t want to hear his bull right now. I need to move on with my life and find another guy if he doesn’t want to be in my life. I decided to enroll Bre and I in this ‘Mommy and Me’ class because I want us to have a strong bond. And I also didn’t want us to be in the house all day.

Maybe today I can meet other teenage mothers who have been in my position. It’s really hard to find someone who understands me because they haven’t been through what I’ve been through. When I walked in the door, I saw all types of mothers. Young mothers, old mothers, black mothers, white mothers, fat mothers, skinny mothers, and then I saw a man. A man? I thought to myself.

Sure enough, there was a man in the class. I don’t know why he was here but maybe he was feeling in for his girlfriend or wife or something. I don’t know but he looked really weird in this class. I wasn’t going to judge him until I found out why he was here though.

All of a sudden, this chirpy white woman walked in with brunette hair and beautiful green eyes. “Okay class! Since it’s the first day, how about we just introduce ourselves today?” The lady asked. Everyone said ‘Okay!’ or nodded their heads to approve of her suggestion. “Okay, I’ll start and then we’ll go to my left and around the circle.” She said “My name is Mrs. Jennifer Rogers and I will be your instructor over the course of these few months of class. I’ve been married for six going on seven years and my husband and I have three beautiful boys aged five, three, and one.” Mrs. Rogers said before she pointed to the lady to the left of her.

As we went around the circle, I got more and more nervous because I realized that I was the youngest person there. Once again, I would be labeled as a ‘Hoe’ or a ‘Slut’. I was about to get up and leave, but it was too late. It was already my turn.

“Umm, hi everybody. My name is Alicia and this is Brianna.” I said as I held her up “She’s one month old and I’m sixteen.” I expected them to gasp or snicker but they kept their normal composure. I was a little thrown off by that, but I just sat down as if I wasn’t in shock.

We continued to go around the circle and when we got to the man, the whole room grew quiet. We were all very eager to her why this man was in a Mommy and Me’ class. “Well, I know you’re all wondering why I’m here in this class. I know this is not the time to give a whole summary, but I think it’s the right time to tell you. I’m here because my girlfriend passed away while birthing our son.” Everyone in the room gasped.

“I know.” He continued “She had already paid to come to this session for the full time and I was going to see if I could switch to the ‘Daddy and Me’ class but it was already full. I didn’t want to put the money to waste so…here I am!” He smiled. I could tell he was on the verge of tears but he didn’t want to cry in front of us. “Anyway, my name is Brandon and this is my son Bryson. He’s three months old and I’m seventeen going on eighteen and I’m about to graduate from high school next month.” After that he sat down. The more I looked at him, the more I realized how cute he was. And when I looked closer I was like, “Damn he fine!” but I had to keep myself together because we were in this class.

1 PM

The class is over now, and I was packing up Bre’s and my things when I felt I tap on my shoulder. I turned around and instantly got nervous, it was Brandon. “Yes?” I asked trying not to give off my shyness. “I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful you were so I thought I’d stop by and let you know.” He smiled at me “Thanks” I blushed.

That just made my day. “Well, I have to get going now. See you next time!” He said before leaving. I smiled when I was leaving, just thinking about that three second encounter that we had. I don’t know, but I think I’m starting to like him already.

Before I went home, I remembered that I needed to get Bre some more diapers and formula with the money that Marcus gave me. I drove to the closest Walmart , grabbed my purse and Bre and walked in the store. When I put her car seat in the basket, a familiar voice said, “I guess next time came sooner than expected.”

I turned around and saw Brandon. “I guess so!” I chuckled as I smiled at him. He grabbed a basket, put Bryson’s car seat in it, and began to walk with me. “So what are you doing here?” He asked me “I’m getting Bre some more diapers and milk. What about you?” I asked “Same for Bryson.” He smiled.

I almost melted but I had to keep my composure so I wouldn’t be embarrassed. “So, what did you think about class today?” He asked keeping the conversation going “I thought it was nice. I liked getting to know everyone.” I said “Yeah, me too.” He said as we reached the baby aisle.

I was reaching for the formula on the top shelf because that’s the one that I wanted. I was on my tippy toes because I’m kind of short, I heard Brandon chuckling in the background. I almost had it when my foot slipped and I almost fell, but Brandon caught me.

We were staring into each other’s eyes until we both realized what we were doing. We both stood up and I cleared my throat. “Thanks!” I half smiled “Sure thing!” he replied. After we got what we needed, we went to go check out and walked outside.

“I’ll walk you to your car!” Brandon offered “Okay.” I replied. When we got to my car, I put Bre in the backseat along with the items I had just bought. “Hey, umm. Would you like to go to dinner with me this weekend?” Brandon asked me shyly. “Yes!” I screamed more than said.

He looked startled, “Sorry!” I blushed. He chuckled and said, “It’s okay ma. Can I have your number?” “Yeah, of course!” I replied and we exchanged numbers. After we said our goodbye’s we both went our separate ways. When I got in my car I realized something, What am I going to do with Bre? About fifteen minutes later, I got home and called Sandra.

Phone Conversation

“Sandra you will never believe what happened today!” I grinned “What?” She asked “I got asked out on a date!” I squealed. “Oh my gosh! I’m so happy for you!” She cheered. I was so overwhelmed, as we were on the phone I was putting away Bre’s things in her room while she was in her crib gnawing on her fingers.

“So what’s the date going to be?” Sandra asked “He’s taking me to dinner.” I said “Is it going to be fancy or like Apple Bee’s or something?” She asked “I don’t know, let me ask him. I’ll call you back.” We hung up the phone and I called Brandon.

“Hey, Brandon. Where are we going so I can know what to wear?” I asked “I was just about to call you to ask where you liked to eat!” He chuckled “Oh okay, well I like Olive Garden!” I smiled “Okay, well that’s where we’ll go.” He replied “Okay, see you then.” I smiled. We both hung up and I called Sandra back.

“We’re going to Olive Garden!” I said “Isn’t that like your favorite restaurant?” She asked me “Yup!” I said. “Well, what are you going to wear?” She asked “I don’t know, I’m trying to figure that out.” I said “Well, let’s get on ooVoo because I want to see!” She replied. “Alright.” We hung up and got on ooVoo.

End of Phone Conversation

The Next Saturday Night

After talking to Sandra and deciding on my outfit. I took my shower and cooked dinner. I then put Bre to sleep and studied for my final exams that I was going to take next week. After studying for a while, I got a call from Brandon. My face instantly lit up just thinking about him.

We talked on the phone all night long. I hadn’t felt that way in forever, he made me laugh, he made me smile. It was just amazing. Mrs. Price was going to keep Bre again, even though I didn’t want her to. I didn’t want her to feel like she had to watch Bre because that wasn’t her responsibility.

But she and Sandra insisted that they watched her, so I let them. I’m getting ready for my date now and I’m putting on the finishing touches of my make-up. I felt presentable enough, so I grabbed my purse and drove to Olive Garden.

When I got there, I told them Brandon’s name and the waiter led me to the table. He was sitting there in some nice khaki cargo pants, a black polo shirt, and some timberlands. He stood up and handed me some roses after giving me a hug.

“You’re so sweet!” I cheered after we sat down “And you’re beautiful!” He smiled at me. I looked down and blushed. “So, what are you getting?” He asked me as we looked at our menus. “I think I’ll just have the Chicken Alfredo.” I said “Alright, I’ll get the Crispy Parmesan Shrimp,”

After a while, our food and drinks came. We talked the whole time, there weren’t any awkward silences until he asked me the one question that I hoped he wouldn’t.

“So, what happened to Bre’s father?”

A/N: Awwwwwwwwwww, Alicia found somebody. Hopefully! Anyway, please vote and comment! And who knows how to work photobucket? I'm trying to make a slideshow but it's not working.

Ga verder met lezen