Cherry and Atticus Save the N...

By PerkyGoth14

Cherry, Atticus, and Patch are given a weird assignment to go into the neighborhood of Hilwood. There, they m... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 10

chapter 9

73 5 2
By PerkyGoth14

They finally made it to the building and there seemed to be extra security cameras.

"If we get caught again, we'll definitely be toast now." Cherry commented.

Arnold pulled out the remote control car.

"Arnold, this is no time to be playing with toy cars." Gerald scolded.

"I'm not playing, Gerald." Arnold replied, using the car to help them make it through the security system to continue their mission.

"He's going to use it to get the security camera's attention and then it will alarm the guards." Atticus told him.

"Exactly." Arnold added.

"Ugh... About another five hours..." Cherry sighed. "Can we pull it off?"

"Yeah." Patch nodded.

"Let's just find out..." Cherry sounded distant, her eyes were slowly opening and closing.

"Cherry, you okay?" Atticus asked.

"I'm getting sleepy..." Cherry groaned a little. "I may be a night owl, but it's quite late."

"Don't worry, I'm sure this won't take long." Patch said.

The guards went after the car, allowing them to sneak by, undetected.

Arnold led them to where Deep Voice told them to go and went behind the desk with them. "Deep Voice said to look in the room behind his desk."

"Where do we find a secret room?" Atticus wondered.

Cherry looked at the book shelf and took one book out, which made the shelf spin like in a haunted house.

"Should have known that it was going to do that." Patch said.

"Come on!" Cherry told them.

The others then joined her and came into a secret room. Cherry opened a secret door and there were a large number of safe deposit boxes.

"Well, we better get started." Gerald sighed.

"Where do we start?" Patch asked.

"Might as well the beginning." Arnold said, trying the key in the first box, but it didn't open, so he moved onto the next one.

Gerald kept count so they wouldn't end up using the same box twice or accidentally skipping one.

"Oi, when are we going to find the right one?" Patch asked.

"Might as well get comfortable..." Cherry mumbled.

Arnold kept checking the boxes in order, not caring how long it would take, but would hope they would have bought time.

The others were starting to fall asleep as it was after 2:00 in the morning and they had been up since after dawn.

"Which safe deposit box are we at now?" Patch groaned.

"997..." Gerald droned.

"Uh-uh..." Arnold shook his head.

"998..." Gerald still counted, but looked like he could fall asleep right now.

"Nope." Arnold replied.

"999..." Gerald nearly collapsed then.

Luckily, that actually was the right box!

"Yes!" Atticus cheered.

However, their excitement turned to instant disappointment.

"Empty?" Arnold, Gerald, Cherry, Atticus, and Patch asked.

"Where's the document?" Arnold asked with wide eyes.

"Looking for something?" a familiar voice came behind them all.

"When did he get here?" Patch asked with a frown.

"Well, here you are, back again," Sheck sounded anything but pleased to see them. "After I patiently explained that your mission is completely hopeless. It still is, though I'm less inclined to entertain you after you broke into my building again for the second time. Did you think you could get away with this? There are cameras everywhere. I record everything that goes on, day and night. Did you think I'd let you win, let you save your little neighborhood? Don't you realize who I am? I am Alphonse Perrier Du Von Scheck!" he then turned on a light to reveal a piece of historical art he kept in his office. "I can trace my ancestry back to the founding fathers. Do you know when we lost control of this city? When that ridiculous Tomato Incident took place in your pathetic little neighborhood," he then grabbed one picture and threw it down to the floor. "Tearing it down and putting my name upon its place will be revenge of the sweetest kind!" he finished with an evil grin.

"But the document, where is it?" Arnold asked.

Sheck laughed evilly in response. "Unfortunately, like your little plan, it's about to go up in smoke..." he then grinned sadistically, taking out a lighter and lit the document up instantly before any of them could stop him. "My guards will now lock you away where you won't cause more trouble."

A few guards came to lock away and take away the kids and the puppy.

"Now can we use our incredible strength on them, Atticus?" Patch asked.

"It's immoral, but... Yes..." Atticus allowed.

Arnold and Gerald used the sheathed sabres against the guards who came for them and ran off. Cherry scared off her guard with her fangs and jumped over him after he fainted, running with Arnold and Gerald. Two other guards cornered Atticus and Patch.

"And now to tie them up." Patch said.

Atticus then finished off with Patch, as soon as they were done, they ran with the others.

Sheck wasn't going to let them get away for that. "Oh, get them for Heaven's sake!"

One guard had a hard time running since Arnold had hit him in a very bad place.

"Now what do we do?" Patch asked.

This time Patch really was talking, thanks to his Equestrian medallion/Pound Puppy tag.

"Wait, did he just talk?" Gerald asked while looking at Patch.

"We don't have time to explain, come on!" Cherry urged them.

"Yeah, we'll explain later, right now, we have to keep running!" Atticus called out.

They ended up in a labyrinth hallway and rushed all around to find the exit.

"We're gonna have to split up." Atticus said.

"I'll lose the guys on the stairway, you head for the garage," Gerald suggested. "See if you can find a way out! Call me on, walkie, go!"

"Cherry, you go with Gerald, me and Patch will go with Arnold." Atticus said.

"And BREAK!" Cherry called before running with Gerald.

Arnold then ran with Atticus and Patch to the other way. The phone on the wall was ringing as Arnold, Atticus, and Patch ran past it.

"Wait, the phone, it might be Deep Voice." Patch said.

"How would he know?" Arnold wondered.

'Arnold, what happened?' Deep Voice asked, somehow knowing Arnold's name.

"Where are you?" Arnold wanted to know that more than answering the question.

'Never mind it,' Deep Voice replied. 'Where's the document?'

"We didn't get it, Sheck burned it." Atticus scowled.

'Burned it?' Deep Voice asked.

"Yeah, right in front of us," Arnold added with a deep frown. "He laughed at us. He said we never had a chance. He's gonna win, Deep Voice."

'Don't give up, Arnold.' Deep Voice supported.

"But what else is there for us to do?" Patch asked.

"It's over..." Arnold sighed sadly.

'It's not over. There must be something. Aren't there any other copies?' Deep Voice suggested.

"No way, he'd never have any copies, he had the only one," Atticus frowned before remembering what Sheck said." Wait, there were surveillance cameras there."

'Video cameras?' Deep Voice asked.

Yeah, the video cameras record everything that goes on in Scheck's building!" Arnold remembered as well then. "All the time. Scheck said so himself."

"Yeah." Atticus and Patch nodded.

'Then the document must be on a videotape where he burned it,' Deep Voice suggested. 'Arnold, if you get to the room where the video recorders are, you can find the tape and catch a video of him burning the document.'

"Yes, that's perfect!" Patch cheered.

"Yeah, and then we can show the tape to the police and it'll be as good as the document itself!" Arnold regained his confidence before hanging up. "We can win, Deep Voice. We can save the neighborhood. Come on, guys!"

Atticus and Patch smiled now that Arnold was confident in this adventure again.

"To the camera room!" Patch howled.

Atticus, Patch, and Arnold rushed to the security camera room. Luckily, no one was in there, but the cameras still filmed. Arnold smiled once he found the tape of Sheck burning the important document to the neighborhood's existence and made a tape out of it so they could show Mayor Dixie and have her make FTI back off their neighborhood.

"Yes! Nothing can possibly go wrong!" Patch cheered.

"Shh!" Arnold and Atticus warned him in case someone wouldn't be too far away and possible hear them.

"Sorry..." Patch whispered, but still had an excited smile.

It didn't take them long to make the tape and take it out to show the mayor the proof.

"Great, now let's get out of here before Sheck finds out." Atticus whispered.

They ran away and an intruder alert tracked them down, but luckily, no guards found them as they rushed upstairs.

"Guys, guys, we got it!" Arnold called through his walkie-talkie.

"How!?" Cherry replied as she and Gerald were in front of the building now. "Sheck burned it right in front of us!"

"He did and we got it the whole thing on videotape," Patch informed her. "We can show it to the police. It's just as good, maybe better."

"Yeah." Atticus nodded.

"Guys, I am moved by your greatness," Gerald smirked. "You've got to get out of there!"

'We gotta wait until the guards are gone.' Arnold advised.

"Okay, we're on the street outside the building," Cherry replied. "We'll get a cab and meet you out front in two minutes. We still got 24 minutes before the bulldozers start up!"

"We can make it, see you both in two." Arnold, Atticus, and Patch said.

They ran until the phone suddenly rang, that was very odd, even if it had been happening a while.

'Don't go out in the hall yet,' Deep Voice told them without even greeting them. 'It's swarming with guards.'

"Wait, how do you know we're here?" Atticus asked suspiciously.

'Don't worry about it,' Deep Voice replied urgently. 'The point is you've got the evidence you need to save the neighborhood. Now we've got to get you safely out of the building. If you're caught now, all is lost.'

Patch then saw a shadowy figure behind a glass door.

"Deep Voice, tell us how we can get out of here." Patch said.

Deep Voice started to explain, but Patch wandered off to the glass door. Atticus was concerned about this and followed his puppy, making Arnold do the same.

They all saw the shadowed figure and came out onto the roof and met the stranger who had been helping out this entire adventure. "DEEP VOICE!"

Lightning flashed and the masked, cloaked figure tried to hide themself from their sight. "Don't come any closer... Ignore that man with the voice box!"

"Who are you?" Patch asked.

"Uh... No one in particular." Deep Voice backed up.

"No more games, Deep Voice!" Arnold demanded. "We're not doing anything until we know who you are!"

"Yeah and we're going to find out now!" Atticus glared.

Deep Voice backed up a little. Patch jumped high into the air and tackled Deep Voice onto his back and removed the mask and hat, then gasped at what he saw.

"Helga?!" Atticus, Arnold, and Patch asked out of shock.

"You!?" Arnold asked. "You're Deep Voice!?"

Helga chuckled nervously. "Looks like it..."

"But I don't get it," Arnold continued, not angry or disappointed, just amazed. "How come... How come you couldn't just tell me what you knew? Why'd you have to make up all this crazy secret identity?"

"No reason." Helga replied quickly.

"But Helga, you just helped us to save the neighborhood." Arnold, Atticus, and Patch told her.

"So?" Helga nearly scoffed. "What's your point?"

"That's a pretty amazing thing to do for someone you claim to hate." Arnold replied.

"Yeah, well, I'm a pretty amazing person, Football Head..." Helga sounded distant.

Atticus noticed how distant Helga sounded and smirked as he knew why she sounded like this.

"But, I thought you were on your dad's side," Arnold said to his bully. "I thought you were gonna get rich of the whole deal."

"Money isn't everything." Helga folded her arms.

"Helga, why'd you do it?" Arnold asked.

"It's my civic duty." Helga replied.

"Helga." Arnold slightly narrowed his eyes.

"'Cuz I like a good mystery?" Helga started getting edgy and nervous.

"Come on, Helga, what's the real reason?" Atticus asked.

"Oh, I don't know, guys, I guess... Maybe I just took pity on Arnold and his stupid friends." Helga still didn't exactly say.

"Well, why?" Arnold questioned.

Helga stammered slightly, but still stalled, and gave out the best she could. "'Cause... I guess... maybe I don't hate you as much as I thought, okay?" she forced out. "I guess maybe I even kinda like you a little. I guess you might even say I like you a lot."

"You do?" Arnold asked. "You did this for me?"

"That's right, Hair Boy!" Helga glared. "I mean, criminy, what else are you supposed to do when someone you love is in trouble?"

"Love?" Arnold's eyes widened slightly.

'She loves Arnold? Wow, Cherry was right, well, at least about Helga liking Arnold part.' Patch thought to himself.

Helga went onto a rant and tangent about how she truly felt about Arnold, not caring that she had witnesses. "You heard me, pal. I love you, LOVE YOU. Who else do you think has been stalking you night and day, building shrines of you in a closet, filling volumes of books with poems about you? I love you Arnold! I've always loved you ever since I first laid eyes on your stupid football head! From that moment and every moment since, I've lived and breathed for you, dreamed of the moment I could finally tell you my secret feelings and could grab you and kiss you and—! Oh, come here, you big lug!" she then grabbed him and kissed him hard on the lips.

"Wow." Atticus and Patch said in unison.

Arnold was so shocked, he did not know what to say or what to do in response. His hat randomly was then blown off his head.

"I'm confused," Arnold spoke up. "Did you just say you love me?"

"What are you, deaf?" Helga asked, now sounding angry again.

'Guys, are you there?' Cherry's voice was heard through the walkie-talkie.

"Not now!" Helga told her through the radio.

"Not now?" Gerald glanced oddly.

"Who the--" Cherry added, curious and suspicious.

"Oh, Arnold, just hold me." Helga cooed to the football-headed boy.

"Wow, this is just wow." Patch said.

Arnold was so overwhelmed by Helga's confession that he needed some time to think it over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 2 15
*THIS IS A CANON-DIVERGENT RETELLING OF 2017'S HEY ARNOLD! THE JUNGLE MOVIE* I wrote this story from 2005-2011, back when The Jungle Movie looked lik...
6K 77 23
After the unfortunate death of Patch, Cherry and Atticus are asked to come into San Francisco to help retrieve an item known as Gabriel's Horn which...
2.3K 40 10
Cherry, Atticus, Mo, Patch, and Darla visit to Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends after seeing a commercial and of course, being sent by Drell to do...
8.3K 123 12
Cherry, Atticus, and Mo go with Penelope to meet her pen pal under the sea named Mindy, who is King Neptune's daughter. Along the way, the group must...