Cherry and Atticus Save the N...

By PerkyGoth14

Cherry, Atticus, and Patch are given a weird assignment to go into the neighborhood of Hilwood. There, they m... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 10

chapter 6

68 5 0
By PerkyGoth14

The bus eventually stopped, when they got off, they came to their destination, and unfortunately, it was...

"Future-Tech industries." The driver told them.

"Oh, come on!" Patch groaned.

"Hmm.... Mmm!" Cherry hummed with a victorious smirk to Atticus.

They got off the bus and the bus took off after them.

"Future Tech Industries?" Gerald scoffed.

"They've got the document?" Arnold added in disbelief.

"Hm, hm, hm. The document that could save the neighborhood is in the hands of the Future Tech?" Gerald sighed. "Now what, guys?"

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm going back home..." Cherry walked off with her hands in her pockets. "No point in risking it now."

"We're going in to talk to Mr. Sheck and that means we're all going." Patch said before starting to push Cherry inside.

"Get off!" Cherry grunted.

They went into the FTI building, talking with a guard.

"You can't talk to Mr. Scheck, you can't be seeing him without an appointment." the guard informed them.

"Then we'll make one." Arnold suggested.

"Mr. Sheck doesn't make appointments." the guard told them then.

"I think it's time that this guy gets a taste of your strength, Atticus." Patch said to his owner, getting annoyed with the guard.

Atticus shook his head, it wasn't worth their time.

"All righty then, have a nice day..." Gerald walked off with Arnold.

"Right, goodbye." Arnold smiled to the guard.

Cherry was on her way out, but instead of going out the doors, Gerald and Arnold then snuck into a door and ran down the hallways. Atticus and Patch saw this, going with them.

Cherry glanced at them as they left. "Dang... Peer pressure..." she grumbled, shaking her fists and followed after them.

"Alright, let's find his office and then, let's get the document and then, let's get out of here." Atticus said.

"Guys, there's cameras everywhere..." Arnold noted.

"I think they're watching us." Gerald shuddered.

"HYAH!" Cherry threw her shoe at one camera, shattering the lens and caught her shoe, sliding it back on.

"Sweet move." Patch smiled.

"Let's keep moving." Atticus said.

They kept going along and ended up by the security room, but luckily, they weren't caught.

"Man, this is creepy..." Arnold wasn't so sure about this. "Let's get away from here."

They all crouched down on their hands and knees, crawling along.

"Ow... Ow... Ow..." Cherry groaned as she followed them, a pencil in her pocket was stabbing her a little.

"Would you keep quiet?" Patch asked her.

"I can't help it..." Cherry winced. "There's a pencil in my pocket..."

"Then take it out of your pocket." Patch said.

"But what if I need it sometime!?" Cherry grunted.

Patch glanced to her. Cherry reached into her pocket and took her pencil out.

In an office...

"Security?" the man known as Sheck called to an intercom.

'Yes, Mr. Sheck?' security replied.

"There are three boys, a puppy, and a girl in the hallway, 40 feet from your security desk." Sheck informed.

"What, but, sir, I, um, um, um." The guard began to stammer.

"Apprehend them and bring them into my office!" Sheck demanded, not going to take no for an answer. He then randomly grabbed a cup of fruit and looked into the mirror. "Life is just a bowl of cherries~..."

When the guard found them, it would have been easy, but thanks to the strength that Patch had which was equal to Atticus's, he was lifted up by the Dalmatian puppy. The guard struggled to bring them to Sheck's office after handling Atticus and Patch, but could still catch Arnold and Gerald, who were now amazed at the two of them. He was now frightened of Cherry since she had vampire fangs. He was now leading them to Mr. Sheck's office.

"Sorry, I don't wanna do this, but I have to do my job..." the guard told them, trying to sound brave. "Um... You're not going to bite me, are you?" he nervously asked Cherry.

"Not unless ya want me to..." Cherry taunted him.

As soon as they entered the office, Mr. Sheck had seen that the guard looked a little shook up and nervous. Cherry scoffed once she saw Sheck, not finding him to be much of a threat.

"S-Sir, we found these children and th-this Dalmatian puppy in the h-halls un-escorted." The guard told his superior.

"Unescourted?" Sheck questioned.

"Yes, sir..." the guard replied, trying to sound brave and accomplished.

"Without security clearance?"

"That's right, sir."

The two kept going back and forth, the guard now realized he was in trouble for letting the kids and the puppy wander around without any supervision. Cherry didn't know why, but she found this argument to be amusing, she cupped her hand over her mouth, trying not to laugh. Even Atticus found this amusing and tried so hard not to laugh. Arnold and Gerald kept straight faces though.

"There he goes again..." Sheck finally had enough with this guard. "I'll tell you what. Why don't you just go now? Go back to your duties as the head of security. How many other children or animals around there wandering the halls of Future Tech Industries unescorted while you stand here like a big, dumb stiff repeating 'Sir, yes, sir. Sir.'?"

"Yes, sir!" the guard then ran away like the coward he was.

'Wow, he sure runs fast when he's scared of his boss.' Patch thought to himself.

Sheck chuckled about his cowardly guard before taking a seat and gave a friendly smile to his uninvited guests. "My name is Sheck... Who might you be?"

"I'm Arnold and this is my friend Gerald, and our friends, Atticus, Cherry, and Patch," Arnold introduced. "Me and Gerald live in the neighborhood that you want to tear down."

"That I'm going to tear down." Sheck corrected.

"But we heard there's a government document that says the whole neighborhood is a national landmark and can't be torn down by anybody!" Atticus defended.

"Really?" Sheck smirked evilly to them. "I've heard about that, too. In fact I had my people looking to it. And you know what they found? The document doesn't exist. The whole thing's just a rumor, bogus. I promise you if there were such a document, I'd never go through with my plan."

"But it must exist," Cherry retorted, slamming her hands on his desk, looking him straight in the eye. "It was part of a collection of local historical papers."

"Yeah." Arnold added in.

"Look, my young friends, as much as I admire your thoroughness and direct approach, the fact remains, I don't have the document, you don't have the document," Sheck didn't care. "So the neighborhood's coming down. Any questions?"

"What if we tell you we don't buy your story?" Gerald folded his arms.

"Hmm..." Sheck smirked, pushing a button once he was done with them. "Security?"

"Does he really think it's going to be that easy to get rid of us?" Patch asked.

There was a more strong and confident security guard, still not as strong as Atticus and Patch, but was still able to throw them all out the front doors.

As soon as they were out, the bus had driven up to the entrance to pick up any passengers.

"That went well." Cherry deadpanned.

"Sheck is not a good man, but he's a natty dresser." Gerald commented.

"How come we didn't stop that guard from throwing us out?" Patch asked his owner and human best friend.

"We'd probably get in worse trouble we're already in..." Atticus pet his dog. "Don't worry, we're coming back though... One way or another."

"Gerald, you wanna sleep over... You know... For old time's sake?" Arnold invited.

Gerald shrugged, he was still bothered about the neighborhood like everybody else, but he saw nothing wrong with that.

"I have a suspicious feeling about Sheck." Patch said.

"We all do..." Cherry said to him. "We're not gonna give up though... But... It's getting late, we should all go back to the boarding house."

"Are they talking to that dog?" Gerald glanced at his best friend suspiciously.

Arnold didn't answer that question, they just went on the bus and returned to Sunset Arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.3K 407 25
you pack a a bag, a few changes of clothes and some money. God damn you hate being in foster care. Sadly, you're no Little Orphan Annie. No rich man...
8.3K 123 12
Cherry, Atticus, and Mo go with Penelope to meet her pen pal under the sea named Mindy, who is King Neptune's daughter. Along the way, the group must...
19.3K 518 28
(Y/n) is a girl, a girl that feels like her childhood will never leave the orphanage, but she got to go to school, so she wanted to make a lot of fri...
194 4 31
Stories from Hillwood people, from A to Z, friendship, adventure, romance... let's have fun! #octoberfest2022