Cherry and Atticus Save the N...

By PerkyGoth14

Cherry, Atticus, and Patch are given a weird assignment to go into the neighborhood of Hilwood. There, they m... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 10

chapter 3

100 6 0
By PerkyGoth14

Cherry was on her laptop with a printer as she sat at Arnold's desk and she was on Photoshop. "Okay, I need a main color..."

"Sorry, I can't help you with that, all colors look alike to me." Patch said to her.

"It's alright, Patch." Cherry said.

"How about something bright and colorful?" Patch suggested as he scratched himself.

"Yuck!" Cherry winced.

"Well, we can't make it dark and gloomy..." Atticus said to her. "It'll attract no one."

"We'll compromise..." Cherry selected her favorite color which was blue.

"Wait, blue just might work." Patch smiled.

"Perfect..." Cherry said, she then printed out the flyer she had created and made about 100 copies to give to everyone in the neighborhood.

"This is going to work." Patch smiled.

Once everyone met up, they passed out the flyers to the neighbors who took them, though a few of them threw the papers away like they were nothing special. It was set: For Saturday, they would have their block party to help save the neighborhood.

"This is so going to work, I just know it." Patch smiled.

"I hope it does..." Cherry said to him.

"Oh, trust me, it will." Atticus said.

Time flew by again and it was time for the party. Arnold and Gerald acted as deejays and played hip hop music while every kid in their class showed up. The house borders even played instruments to act as a band to help their party out with the mailman helping them. The crowd really enjoyed the party so far.

"This is so awesome! So how am I also a part of the party/concert?" Patch said while he stood on a table with a sign saying 'The strongest pup, prove that you are stronger then him or his owner Atticus then you can win 50 dollars'.

"If someone can be stronger than you guys, they win $50." Cherry explained, putting her hands in her pockets.

"You wanna try?" Atticus smirked to her.

"Are you kidding?" Cherry laughed a little. "I can't even lift my backpack with my laptop and a school book in it!"

"Okay then, anybody else?" Atticus asked.

Harold decided to give it a try.

"Dead man walking." Cherry mumbled.

Harold glared to her. "I wanna do it!"

"Good luck with that." Atticus told him.

"Oh, come on, Atticus, let Harold try." Patch smiled.

Atticus laughed, knowing what would happen. "Okay, Harold, let's see what you got."

"Oh, I am so going to enjoy this." Harold smiled.

'Wanna bet?' Patch thought to himself.

"Okay, what do I gotta do?" Harold asked.

"You know those carnival games where you test strength?" Atticus asked before stepping aside. "Give it a shot."

"HA! A sucker bet!" Harold laughed, he then grabbed the hammer and crashed it against the stand, making it go a little high for someone his age, but still, not a raging high score like an adult would get. "Beat that, Puppy!"

'Time for me to teach this kid a lesson.' Patch thought to himself.

Atticus took the hammer from Harold's hand and put it in Patch's mouth.

Harold laughed out loud. "Your dog looks so stupid with that in his mouth!"

Patch glared to Harold with a growl, then thumped the hammer against the game to make it ring the bell.

"No way! Well, then, what about you I bet you ten dollars that you can't beat your own dog at this strength game." Harold tempted.

Atticus and Patch looked to each other, wondering how that would work out since they were pretty evenly matched.

"And if it's a tie?" Atticus asked.

"Then nothing no one wins anything, no one loses anything." Harold shrugged.

Atticus and Patch shrugged and then went to their little game.

"So, how do you wanna do this?" Patch whispered.

"Might as well let it be a tie, besides, I don't like it when I have to hold back my strength all the time." Atticus whispered back.

"You're telling me..." Patch whispered.

Harold waited impatiently.

Atticus and Patch played their little game, both making the bell ring, due to having the same strength.

"Okay, how'd you guys do that?" Harold demanded to know. "No one can be that strong!"

"That's our little secret." Atticus said.

Patch nodded. Harold grumbled and stormed off. Patch and Atticus then shared a high-five with each other. The news reporters were coming and filming the whole Blockapalooza party, which was a very good sign.

"Yes!" Patch cheered.

"Did that dog just talk?" an announcer wondered. "Oh, must be hearing things from all this music..." she then put her fingertips to her ears. "We're going to hear about the ones responsible for this party."

Cherry, Atticus, and Arnold then walked out on stage after the borders finished their song number.

"You know what this is about," Arnold said as he held a microphone to address the crowd about why they were having this party. "It's our last chance to stand up and tell Future-Tech Industries that we won't sell. We won't let them tear down our neighborhood!"

"Yes! Nothing can ruin this party!" Patch cheered which to everyone else who couldn't understand him was just puppy barks.

"That dog sure likes a good party..." Stinky commented.

Their celebration was cut short as sirens wailed and helicopters came. A group known as the SPAT Team left their van and they started to literally tear the party apart and didn't care if they were ruining everyone's fun or not.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Cherry demanded, going to the man with the megaphone.

"This whole assemblage is illegal." the man told her with a sneer.

"But we filed a permit!" Arnold defended.

"We never got any permit." the man shook his head.

"What?" Patch asked himself. "How did they not get a permit?"

"LEAVE THIS AREA AT ONCE!" a man on a helicopter called.

Arnold's grandmother was in front of the boarding house and looked like she wanted to fight with the officers and was willing to go through with it and even handcuffed herself to the front door.

"Come on, lady," an officer with a net demanded. "Nice and easy..."

Grandma hissed at him, refusing to go anywhere from her spot.

"I guess that's her answer for the officer." Atticus said.

Arnold and his grandfather came to try to stop Grandma from being arrested or taken away, but the officers refused to let them go to her.

"Never give up, kids!" Grandma told Cherry, Atticus, Patch, and Arnold as she was dragged away with the front door to be locked up for the evening tonight. "Never give in! Save the neighborhood! One if by land, two by sea, put the lime in the coconut, mix it all up!" she then laughed as the van rode off with her as a hostage.

"Okay, I have absolutely no idea what she meant by that after save the neighborhood." Patch said.

"It's... It's complicated..." Cherry shrugged.

The neighborhood seemed deserted after Arnold's grandmother vanished.

"Well..." the florist, Mrs. Vitello, sighed drearily. "That's it... This place belongs to Sheck now, they've even got the cops on their side... I give up." she then miserably walked away.

"Me too," Mr. Green frowned deeply. "I'm selling my place. Goodbye, old neighborhood, I'm gonna miss ya!"

"No, wait, we can't give up just yet." Atticus said.

"Oh, I guess I'll go and try to get your grandma out of jail, short man..." Grandpa told Arnold. "Then we better get packing."

"Packing?" Arnold sounded heartbroken. "Grandpa, we can't give up, it's not over!"

"Oh, that Sheck character has us covered from every angle, short man..." Grandpa shook his head as he walked off.

"Wait, where are you all going!?" Arnold cried until a banner fell on his head. "Come back! ...Come back..." he sounded hopeless now that he was alone.

'Out with the old, in with the new,' Sheck's voice came to them again. 'I've seen the future... Change is good...'

"STUFF IT!" Cherry growled, getting really annoyed and tired of him.

"If he was here, I would send him flying." Patch growled.

"I'm glad you guys are still here..." Arnold said to his new friends, but was still upset with the others for giving up too soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 66 12
Gerald tells Timberly a magical bedtime story. (Fanfic is inspired by the artwork of CTW36 of Deviantart) #NaNoWriTJMo Hey Arnold! Fanfiction
987 25 26
Everyone has their own problems in the Hillwood.... kids, adults.... but (Y/n) has her own problem that even Arnold couldn't even help. Yes, it drove...
1K 2 15
*THIS IS A CANON-DIVERGENT RETELLING OF 2017'S HEY ARNOLD! THE JUNGLE MOVIE* I wrote this story from 2005-2011, back when The Jungle Movie looked lik...
19.2K 518 28
(Y/n) is a girl, a girl that feels like her childhood will never leave the orphanage, but she got to go to school, so she wanted to make a lot of fri...