The Truth about Love

By shadowcheah

Life has never been easy for Julianna It's not easy being the only plain one in the family with two popular s... More

Chapter 1 Where my story begins
Chapter 2 the peace before storm, well, relatively
Chapter 3 Reality calls, more like knock me in the face
Chapter 4 the fairy god sister
Chapter 5 Juli Anna
Chapter 6 First day 1
Chapter 7 Aftermath
Chapter 8 My friends
Chapter 9 Are you ready to party?
Chapter 10 First date
Chapter 11 Party time
Chapter 12 Let's get crazy
Chapter 13 what didn't you do?
Chapter 14 Inverse
Chapter 15 My heart only have you
Chapter 16 In real life, you need to sort things out
Chapter 17 Beautiful
Chapter 18 Today was a Fairytale
Chapter 19 Just a dream
Chapter 20 Stop and Stare
Chapter 21 You know what they say about first love? it bites.
Chapter 23 Get Over It
Chapter 24 Happy Valentine's Day
Chapter 25 Running away from it isn't the solution
Chapter 26 Things that are lost
Chapter 27 How I feel
Chapter 28 Nothing but the Truth
Special Edition
Author's Note + taster chapter on Evolution

Chapter 22 Jump out of the pan and into the fire

21.6K 518 32
By shadowcheah

Phew, finally gotten somewhere. What do you think Anna is going to face in school?

Summer is getting so boring for me....

Please VOTE AND COMMENT!

--------------------------------------------

I could feel people's eyes all zoom in towards me the moment I got off the car. I hate it when they do that, it's like living in a zoo. But at least you don't have to understand all the stuff people say about you if you were a zoo animal.

I tried to stop myself from running with my arms over my face in the nearest bathroom and walked up the stairs calmly with my head held high like I normally do. I could hear whisper broke all around me, but I tried my best to ignore them. I was shaking very badly with all the adrenaline in my system but hopefully none of them noticed.

I managed to arrive safely at my locker without any direct insults, which I took as a good sign. The bad news is that none of the popular crew were actually here yet, so I can't tell what their approach to this is. Hopefully Will (my heart skipped a bit at the thought of him, traitor!) could at least help me a little. I doubt it though.

'Hey.' I arrived at my locker to see that Andy was standing awkwardly next to it, shifting his weight from one foot to another with a nervous look on his face, resembling a lost puppy. I smiled at that thought and said hi to him.

'Are you better now?' He asked, sounding as nervous as he looked. I caught him looking at my wrists as I opened my locker and get my books, people really loves to believe rumours way too much. That's why I made sure to put my wrists in plain sight today so that everyone could see how I didn't try to kill myself.

'Did anyone harass you?' He asked, straightening up, looking concerned, I shook my head at him, smiling. He is such a good friend (Alison and Hannah are nowhere to be seen), but just as I finished the sentence, I saw out of the corner of my eyes that the popular crew was coming this way.

Decided that it was best not to run, since they might shout after me attracting more attention, I settled for burying my head into my locker pretending to search for something. I felt Andy stiffened next to me as he caught sight of them. I kept my head resolutely in my locker and chanted they can't see me over and over in my head.

'Oh guys look who it is, little Miss Montrose.' I heard a voice snickered behind me, Tori. I took a deep breath to calm myself (barely) before turning around with a big, fake smile plaster on my face.

'Oh look, it's little Miss Stripper.' I retorted, this cause several people nearby to laugh and wiped the nasty smile off Tori's face. I saw that she had a group of her, well, friends behind her, with some wannabes. They are the bitchier lot, luckily Will was nowhere in sight otherwise I might not even be able to spat out another word, although his dear friends Jack and Greg were there. Oh, and of course, Whitney was there, glaring at me with an evil smile.

'At least I didn't get dumped in public and try to kill myself.' She said, the group of people behind her had a sneer on their face, folding her arms across her chest she stuck her chin out at me, as if daring me to contradict her.

However much I wanted to scream at their faces that it was me who broke up with Will (seeing as how I refuse to forgive him), I didn't, I couldn't. Despite being heart broken by him and it would be nice to get some pay back, I still cared for him enough to not take away this one thing he cared about most. More than me.

So instead, I held up both hands for everyone to see. 'If I tried to kill myself, where is the scars?' I asked, somehow managing to keep my voice and hand steady, I was so nervous that inside it was a roaring mess. But high school is not about how you feel, is how you look.

Sure enough, the sneer felt off their faces while other students murmured to each other. Score one for me, I turned back towards my locker, and saw Andy looking at me open-mouthed.

'Wow.' it was all he could said, I stuck my tongue out at him. He laughed and we chatted for a while before the bell rang. Still no signs of Alison and Hannah, this is weird. But I have homeroom with Alison, so she should be there.

Some people did thrown a few snide comments at me during class, at first I shot back some remarks but after a while I ignored them and they left me alone. Words that I did not commute suicide got around school and now that I was in school, people seemed to be wearing off our break-up (since I am not dead/injure/scream at Will anymore). By the time lunch roll around things were pretty much back to normal, or so I thought.

Everything was normal whilst I was buying my lunch, I saw Melissa waving at me, gesturing for me to sit down next to her. I smiled, feeling slightly reassured I made my way towards the table just as someone slammed into me causing me to drop my tray and spill my food on myself and the floor.

'Whoops, sorry, I guess you were just too invisible.' said the guy who ran into me, I glared at him, recognised him as one of the sophomore footballer who idolises Greg. Who of course, hates me because of my social status. I stared unhappily at my top, which now have mustard source all over it. It's new. Argh.

The entire cafeteria focused on me like I am under a spotlight. I stood there, slightly paralyzed and mortified, unsure of whether I should just run to the bathroom, go and get a new lunch or head to the table calmly. The silence was deafening, as I felt glazes bore into me like a hot metal rod.

'Oh no, I ruined your top, do you want to take it off so I can wash it for you?' that guy said in a fake-sincere voice. My cheeks flamed from embarrassment and anger, grabbing some tissue in my pocket (I keep them there in case I need them, good thing too) and wiped the source off.

The guy high-fived his friends, just as he was about to make another comment, I heard the sounds of a chair screeching as someone got up. The attention on me shift as people looked at the new source of noise.

'Why don't you two grow up and leave the girl alone?' Aidan demanded, I turned around to look at him while he made his way towards us. 'Is it so much fun bullying a girl? Why don't you pick on someone your own size.' He stepped intimidatingly in front of the two boys who seconds ago was looking smudge, they both gulped involuntarily and back off.

Aidan looked around the cafeteria challengingly, as if daring for anyone to come out and take a stand in front of him. For a full thirty seconds the cafeteria remained in stony silence.

'Why are you siding with her.' I saw Jack stood up and asked, Will was sitting next to him, his face aghast and was staring intently at his lunch refusing to look up. Oh great, they probably think that Aidan and I have a thing now. Stupid high schoolers and their over active brain.

'Because it's not right to treat a girl like that, and also she happens to be my friend.' Aidan said, causing the cafeteria crowd to gasp in surprise while the two of them are having a stare down. I looked over to see Whitney frowning at us with a murderous expression. And Aidan told me that he was afraid of her. Now look what he had done, I will probably never live this down.

Don't get me wrong, I was grateful for Aidan standing up for me, but really, it just cause new problems. Now they all probably think that I was a slut and hook up with Aidan, and that's why Will and I broke up. And what's with the sudden interest in helping me, he was totally fine with verbally abusing me as well just a few months ago (admittedly behind my back, but still). I hope that Aidan doesn't like me in an unfriendly way, he is hot and everything, but he is just like Will, maybe a teeny weeny bit better since he is sticking up for me right now. But after that incident, I don't think I can ever get past that, not to mention Whitney Donnelly, the she devil, who is my next door neighbor. Cross her, I shall be dead within the week.

'Come on.' Aidan grabbed my elbow (weird) and lead me out of the cafeteria while the rest of the student body watched us walk out in silence. I followed him, too stunned for words from what just happened.

'Are you okay?' was the first words that I managed to stuttered out of my mouth, he must either be under influence of drugs, or a fever. But all Aidan did in respond was smirk, then he turned around to look at me in the deserted corridor with an amuse expression.

'What? No thank you, and here I thought you are the polite kind.' He replied teasingly, still smirking. I resist the urge to kick his shin, forced a smile onto my face and said thank you. He was definitely not acting normal.

'You are welcome.' He said, ruffling my hair. I squirmed away trying to swat his hand away, he just laughed.

'Stop messing with my hair. What is wrong with you, I thought you said you are scare of Whitney.' I said, agitated. This situation reminded me of the time Aidan dragged me from the cafeteria after the party and apologized, when he himself said that he would get into trouble for this, so why is he talking to me again, and even defending me. Aidan's smirk faltered slightly, sighing, he leaned against the lockers.

'I was never really scared of her, it was just less troublesome if I follow the protocol, like your ex, Will.' Aidan said, scratching his head, as if he was as baffled about this situation as I am.

'Well, what made you change your mind?' I probed him on, he shot me a sideway glance before speaking.

'You.' He said, looking right at me. My heart skipped a beat. Holy crap, was he going to confess his love to me?

Muhahaha...kind of a mini cliffhangers, I am not good at it so yeah :P Please comment and vote!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.6K 1K 46
"You're going to keep living, V." Everyone thought Ivy Archer had the perfect life. Because they had no idea what she was hiding: her mums terminal c...
56K 1.1K 44
All the way throughout elementary school it was always Bella, Leo, Liz, Flynn, Nate, Elliot and Amelia. They were all long time friends.. In the sop...
766 60 31
In his fights to run away from his past, Bertrand Burke, son of a CEO, has his goals set and straight. He's back for his junior year in school. But W...
3.1K 471 37
Simone is your typical, boring hoodie and jeans girl. But her life gets interesting after her twin sister dies in a car accident and she meets a hand...