Just Friends

By UniversalJailee

There's a thin line between being best friends and lovers. Zonnique x Chris Brown ••• Mature/Sexual content... More

Hate That I Love You
Bacardi on Ice
Bigger and Better
Tremaine
Happy
Never
Nobody
Sexual Healing
Friends with Benefits
Wishing for Sobriety
Faking It
Which One
Respect That You Earn
Love and Betrayal
Possibly
Anything
Murderer
Crashing Down
Don't Deserve
Falling Apart
Abandoned
Nightmare
New Best Friend
Last Forever
Conflicted
Deeper
Good Enough
The Longer I Wait
Settling Down
Falling into Place
Catch A Break
Confessions
All of me
No Promises
Loyalty
No Matter What
Baecation
Good or Bad
The Situation
Calm Before the Storm

Second Guessing

1.9K 81 53
By UniversalJailee

ZONNIQUE'S POV

I walked into Chris's studio expecting to see him and his friends, but surprisingly it was just him. He was nodding his head to the beat of a song that I hadn't heard yet. When he saw me, he smiled. I smiled back and lightly pecked his lips.

"I'm surprised to see you here." He chuckled. "But I'm happy you're here."

"Surprised? Why?" I asked as I sat in the rolling chair beside him. "I come visit you at the studio all the time."

"Yeah, I know. But it seemed like today was a busy day for you today when I checked with you earlier." He explained.

I nodded. "True, true... Today is pretty busy. But one of my meetings had to be rescheduled, so I'm free for--" I checked my watch. "About two hours and I decided to come spend that break with you."

"But not before stopping at Chic-Fil-A." He stated, motioning to my smoothie.

I giggled. "I couldn't resist."

"You never can." He chuckled.

"So, what are you working on?" I asked curiously.

"A song that I started about a month ago." He shrugged.

"What's it about?"

"A little bit of everything." He stated. "You, my childhood, and my life right now."

"Me?" I raised my eyebrows and thought for a second. "But... A month ago, we got into that huge argument..."

He nodded. "Yeah, I know. That's why it's taking me so long to finish it. A lot has changed since then."

"I'm kind of scared to ask if you'll play it for me." I nervously chuckled.

"Why? It's not anything bad about you, I wouldn't do that... Just listen." He said before pressing play.

[Verse 1]
I got money, everything that I ever wanted
Never thought of what I might need, need, need
Ain't it funny, how I spend my whole life running
Reaching for the sky high and coming down with nothing?

[Chorus]
It feels like I'm 4 years old all over again
Cause I'm just running fast and should be walking
Saying when I grow up you gon' see
I'm gon' be comfortable and happy

[Verse 2]
I guess I was faking cause look at all the money I'm making
Still nothing can compare to the thought of love
But it's taking too much time to see that I'm wasting
Reaching for the sky high and coming down with nothing

[Chorus]

[Bridge]
I'm so alone, I feel so alone, so alone in this world
Got everything I want

[Chorus]

I pulled my bottom lip between my teeth and thought for a second. It was a really nice song and I liked it. The bridge was the only thing that bothered me a little. It made me feel like a terrible friend all over again for keeping that big of a secret from him.

I hate thinking about how angry he was with me after I did that.

"It's nice, I like it." I said softly.

"I still have some stuff that I need to fix up." He stated. "But I like the songs that I've been working on now much better." He grinned. "My favorite one is about you. The title is Stuck on Stupid. Do you want to hear it?"

I nodded. "Of course."

He pulled up the track on the computer and the instrumental started playing. I watched as he turned his chair to face me and he took my hands into his. My face immediately turned red from blushing as he began to sing to me...

[Verse 1]
Am I crazy? Am I foolish?
Just a little too into you, that's for sure, oh babe
What your beauty does to me
Makes me forget about your faults, you do no wrong, woah

[Pre-Chorus]
They say everybody plays the fool sometimes
And if I've got to, I don't mind
I'll be the best damn fool for you, no lie
And girl I lose it every time

[Chorus]
There's something about you, baby and I swear that it drives me crazy
I'm stuck on you baby, stuck on you babe
And I might need help, cause I can't think of nothing else
You got me stuck on stupid, I'm stuck on stupid for you, look what you do to me

[Verse 2]
It's confusing, how you do it
It's like you take my heart and glue it to your soul, yeah baby
And I'd do anything for you, oh you know that much it's true
Girl I'm so in love, I'm stupid

[Pre-Chorus] + [Chorus]

[Bridge]
If you told me to go rock climbing to prove my love to you
You know I would've died trying, got everything to lose
I'm not tryna play it cool
The stupid things I do, I do it for you

[Chorus]

The song ended and I was blushing so hard that I could feel the heat radiating off my cheeks. He chuckled and waited for me to say something.

"It's beautiful, baby. I love it." I smiled before lightly pecking his lips. "And I love you."

He smirked, pulling me out of my chair and into his lap. "I love you too."

"Are you spending the night tonight?" I asked him while rubbing my thumb over his eyebrow.

"Um, actually, I was in planning on going out tonight." He stated.

"Oh, really?" I mumbled.

"Yeah. That's cool with you, isn't it?" He asked me. "If it's not, I won't go."

"It's fine with me." I shrugged. "I want you to have fun with your friends too."

"Do I still have a curfew?" He asked hesitantly.

I laughed. "No, Chris. That was a stupid rule and I was just angry when I said that." I stated. "Just promise me you'll make good decisions."

"I promise." He smiled and before pressing his lips against mine. "I love you." He mumbled before kissing me again.

"I...love...you...too." I said softly between kisses.

He suddenly stood up, holding me up around his waist. I continued to kiss him as he laid, with me on top of him, on the couch in the back. He slid his hands up the back of my sweater, caressing my back as I rolled my tongue over his.

After about five more minutes of that, I pulled away and he frowned. I sighed and pouted at the fact that he frowned because I stopped.

"Why you stop?" He asked lowly as he drug his nails up and down my back.

"Trust me, I didn't want to." I said in a disappointed tone. "It's just that, I'm about to have to leave or I'll be late to my next photoshoot."

"Be late then." He chuckled before pressing his lips against my neck, right underneath my chin. "Better yet, just don't go."

I bit down on my lip, closing my eyes as he kissed along my neck. "I can't do that. That's skipping out on easy money."

"Let me pay you for your time then." He suggested. "Just tell me what they were going to pay you and I'll double it."

I giggled. "No, Chris."

"I'll triple it." He bargained.

I sucked my teeth. "Chris."

"Quadruple it." He tried again. "But shit, if I do that we gone have to go back to my place and finish this up in the bedroom."

I chuckled and shook my head. "I'm leaving."

"No you aren't." He objected before lightly sucking on one of the most sensitive spots on my neck.

I paused for a second and let him continue to do that. It seemed like the longer I let him go, the better it felt. Eventually, I found myself rotating my hips against his out of habit. He grunted lowly before nudging my legs farther apart and using his hand to press my lower body down closer onto his. I whimpered softly, feeling his hard package press against my sensitive area.

"I guess I can miss just one photoshoot." I mumbled lowly, before nuzzling my head into his neck, using it to muffle the sound of my moans.

He chuckled and licked his lips before pressing himself against me harder, making me bite his shoulder in approval.

I sat up and continued to slowly grind against him as I discarded my sweater, revealing my leopard print bra.

Out of nowhere, the door to the studio opened, causing me to shriek. I quickly covered myself and got off of Chris. We both looked over to see August and Trey standing there with their eyes wide.

"Oh my Gosh." I groaned, running my hands over my face.

I grabbed my sweater off the floor and slipped it back on. I awkwardly sat on the couch, avoiding Trey's eyes.

"I knew y'all was fucking." August stated pridefully as he took a seat beside me. "I knew it."

"Why the fuck y'all two just bouncing in here like you own the place?" Chris snapped, returning back to his seat in front of the soundboard. "Y'all forgot how to knock or something?"

"Nigga, we shot you texts that said we were outside." August chuckled. "Maybe if you wasn't so busy trying to get yo' dick wet, you would've saw the texts."

"August!" I huffed, nudging his arm. "We weren't having sex!"

"Y'all was 'bout to though." He argued. "All the damn hickey's on your neck."

My face got hotter and I decided to just save myself the embarrassment and stop talking. I pulled my phone out and pretended to be on it, but I was really sneaking a glance at Trey. His jaw was clenched and he was obviously mad.

I hated that he had to find out like this. I was hoping that I'd be able to have a conversation with him and break it to him my own way. A much more considerate and nice way.

"I gotta go handle some business." Trey mumbled before getting up and storming out.

I knew he was lying about "handling business". He really just didn't want to be in the same room as Chris and I anymore.

And I honestly don't blame him.

This incident is starting to make me second guess this whole relationship thing with Chris. I feel like such a slut.

"I have to go." I said quietly before grabbing my stuff and rushing out of the room.

Just as I was about to leave the building, I felt a hand on my elbow. I turned around to see Chris with a concerned expression on his face.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asked me.

"N-Nothing." I shook my head. "I just need some time to think..."

"So you really gone leave just because he saw?" He asked me with an attitude.

"That's not why I'm leaving." I objected.

He sucked his teeth. "Yes it is!"

I huffed. "If that's what you want to believe, whatever."

I opened the door to leave, but I ran right into Trey. What a coincidence. He stared down at me and I stepped back some, looking off to the side. He shook his head and stepped around me, giving Chris and I both a dirty look as he walked by.

"Ay," Chris called out, putting his hand on Trey's shoulder to stop him.

"Get the fuck off me." Trey snapped, yanking his shoulder back.

"If you got a problem, say something." Chris demanded.

"A problem?" He scoffed. "Nah, b. I had a problem," He looked at me. "But you took it off my hands. So, I guess I should be thanking you."

I sighed, crossing my arms. "Chris is right, if you have something that you need to say, get it off your chest instead of throwing shade."

He let out a sarcastic chuckle. "Don't even talk to me."

"Nigga, get over yourself." Chris blurted out. "Why are you acting all butt hurt about her kissing me? It's not like you actually gave a fuck about her to start with. That's why you cheated on her. Because losing her meant nothing to you." Chris ranted. "You can't get all in your feelings because she found somebody else."

"How about you shut the fuck up and mind your business." Trey snapped, getting angrier. "You don't know how I felt about her--"

"I know you didn't love her." Chris cut him off. "Cause if you did, you wouldn't have cheated."

I sighed. "Would you two stop arguing?"

"Man, fuck you and her." Trey shook his head, waving us both off. "She ain't nothin' but a hoe anyway--" Trey mumbled.

Chris was instantly in Trey's face, preparing to fight him for the second time.

"What you say?!" Chris shouted. "Say that a lil bit louder so I can beat your ass!"

"Christopher, get out of his face! Stop that right now!" I nervously yelled, tugging on his hand.

"You better listen to her." Trey warned.

"Or what!?" Chris stepped closer to Trey, already clenching his fist.

The last thing I needed was for the two of them to fight again. Especially not here. The receptionist was already eyeballing us from her booth down the hall. If they start fighting, she'll for sure call the police and both of them will be taken in for disturbing the peace.

"Chris, come on baby." I said in a gentle tone, trying to calm him down. "It's not worth fighting over. Just forget it."

Chris stared him down for a second before grabbing my hand.

"Let's go." He stated.

I followed him out of the building, silently thanking God that there were no paparazzi outside. He walked me to my car and I gave him a big hug.

"I'm sorry I let him get me so mad." He mumbled into my hair.

"It's okay baby." I rubbed his back in a comforting way. "I'm just glad y'all didn't fight."

"Yeah." He nodded. "Anyways, drive safe and let me know when you get home." He quickly pecked my lips.

"Okay. Don't forget about that promise you made me." I stated as I got in my car.

He chuckled. "I won't."

I pulled out of the parking lot and began the short drive home. As I was driving, I couldn't help but think about the things Trey said. Honestly, it hurt to hear him call me a hoe. It had me second guessing myself...

Am I a hoe?

Or am I just letting negativity get the best of me and stressing over nothing?

~

************************
15 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

1) What did you think about the songs that Chris wrote? (Btw, if anyone wanted to know the names of the songs, the first one is 4 Years Old and the second one is Stuck On Stupid. They're both from his album Fortune.)

2) What do you think about her feeling like a slut?

3) Do you think she's a slut?

4) What are you feelings/opinions on the way Trey reacted to walking in on Nique and Chris?

5) Do you think Chris will keep his promise?

************************
15 COMMENTS FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER

Short chapter, I know. It was just a filler really... But it's not like that many people read this story anymore, anyways. Considering the fact that hardly anybody leaves comments 
😊😊😊

WHO BOUGHT ROYALTY!?!👑
#BringRoyaltyHomeForTheHolidays👑💕🎄

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 18.4K 81
Frischer Wind an der Shiratorizawa! Die 17-jährige Y/N besucht ab dem neuen Schuljahr die Eliteschule Miyagis. Ihr Plan sicherheitshalber Abstand zum...
148K 10.9K 126
Sie kam nach Hogwarts, um ihren Urgroßvater zu finden und sie blieb, um zu kämpfen. Amina Tahnea, Meisterin der Alchemie und Arithmantik, geborene Le...
12.9K 1.4K 38
Mal wieder eine klischeehaft Geschichte worin ein Underground Gangboss sich einen hübschen Junge nach Hause holt um sich an diesem zu Vergnügen? Kein...
247K 22.6K 101
Der offizielle Klappentext: Jojo, Nici und Carl hatten ja viel geplant, aber sicher nicht, dass sie irgendeiner der doofen Valar wieder in eine ander...