Avengers: Liberation

By heartofthesouth

Sequel to Avengers: Damnation. Liberty Davis has been away from the Avengers for six years, trying to come to... More

Chapter 1- Her Bare Skin
Chapter 2- Heart Breaking Cry
Chapter 3- Wet Pavement
Chapter 4- Bruce Banner
Chapter 5- Seeped Through
Chapter 6- New Home
Chapter 7- She Tore My Mind Apart
Chapter 8- Trying To Save My Mind
Chapter 9- The Stars And The Moon
Chapter 10- Welcomed The Unwelcome
Chapter 11- Part Of Me
Chapter 12- Returning to New York
Chapter 13- Sharing With Him
Chapter 14- Vulnerability
Chapter 15- Catch Me
Chapter 16- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 1
Chapter 17- Guilt Ridden Spy
Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger
Chapter 19- All Too Familiar Black Spots
Chapter 20- Keep All This Pain Away
Chapter 21- Twisted Tales From Japan- Part 2
Chapter 22- America's Patriotic Hero
Chapter 23- Edge Of The World
Chapter 24- A Kiss Plain And Simple
Chapter 25- Taking Over
Chapter 26- Unable To See
Chapter 27- Here At MIdnight
Chapter 28- Complicated Woman
Chapter 29- Barely A Word Spoken
Chapter 30- My Answer Was No
Chapter 31- Closer and Closer
Chapter 32- Violent Red Sky
Chapter 33- The Bleeding
Chapter 34- Valkyrie
Chapter 35- Bare
Chapter 36- What We Were
Chapter 37- I Think It's Just Optimism
Chapter 38- Undisclosed Scars
Chapter 39- Truly Forgiven
Chapter 40- The Arms Of Logan Howlett
Chapter 41- Doctor Strange
Chapter 42- Hydra
Chapter 44- The Return

Chapter 43- Broken Street

74 3 1
By heartofthesouth

"The attacks started early this afternoon, people men women and children spontaneously turning into mutants."

"Panic has filled the streets as these new mutants have begun to attack the human population"

"New York has announced a state of emergency...the whole city has been quarantined, no one leaves or enters the area."

"we broad cast live as the Avengers arrive overhead...There she is Liberty arriving with Doctor Strange, Captain America and Iron Man."

"The new mutants have begun to band together forming teams to attack and take down those trying to help. I have never been one to say this but...please someone save us."

These people weren't mutants they were human...before all of this...now they had become the monsters from Ruth Aldine's premonitions. There was nothing human about them, they attacked the civilian populations snarling and foaming at the mouth, thirsty for chaos. Eye blood shot, controlled unwillingly devoid of free will. They were the puppets in a grand scheme.

"You know I don't want to do this Loki." I looked across the mirage pool to Hela's dead eyes. I stood there bound in the great hall; Odin sat on his throne looking down at us as I watched horror reflecting in my eyes as Liberty stepped out onto the battle field. Eyes of the enemy transfixed on, sceptre in hand a skin tight boy suit clad her body, adorned with the X-men and Avengers crests. What I would do to speak to her again...to tell her that I love her before all this horror would unfold.

"I know." Were the only words I uttered. Hela understood, she may hate me but she had no reason to hate my beloved no reason to punish her in the way she was about to. To deny her the sweet release of death over and over again to be thrown back into the pains of life. Hela nodded and glided across the marble steps towards Odin's throne she stood at his left as Heimdall stood at his right. Heimdall's clouded eyes stared across the room and straight to Midgard, as he watched the war unfold as if he was stood there himself.

"Loki I do this in the best interest of the nine realms, it is with good intentions that I keep Liberty away from deaths grasp in order to protect this world and many others." My hand clenched into fists causing the tight shackles to gnaw, my teeth ground together as I stood there and watched as the blood shed began.

My blade sliced through the air before hitting flesh only for it to rebound off. I ducked beneath the large arms ready to crush me. I slid between his legs only for him to grab my hair in his tight grasp and pull me back. He threw me away from him. My body rounding off a concrete corner and slamming against the broken ground. Dust clouded my vision as he moved closer. I clasped my hands together and pulled away my gloves. His hands reached towards me through the concrete dust. I grabbed them in my own, electric sparks crawling off of my skin onto his etching through layers of fat and muscle reaching his core, his eyes clouded white as he died beneath my hands.

Suddenly another person ran towards me. I was so ready to attack my body shook with anticipation, as the dust cleared I saw the panicked look, the wide terror filled eyes that stared at me. The impulses receded back into my body, as I stood there. The person running straight towards me as if I was a saviour.

"Please help me." his voice was shaky and weak, as tears carved through his ash covered features. Suddenly his pleas for help were silenced. His lips moved as he clutched at my arms, gargling crawled through his throat as a final whine escaped his lips. His body began to slide away from mine. I grabbed him in my arms, falling to the ground with him, his eyes quickly growing dead, as I kneeled there with him in my arms. I gasped and opened my mouth, I moved towards him so close to saving him as his heart still pumped in my hands, suddenly a shot rang out. The bullet tore through his skull. He grew limp. His body no longer spasmed or twitched as his eyes grew dark and dull.

My eyes searched the battle field. We were overwhelmed. Tony used his blasters as much as physically possibly but they swarmed around him, those with more outstanding mutations used them to their advantage. One mutant suddenly threw a large slab of concrete straight into tony standing him straight into the side of a building.

I looked as tears filled my eyes as Steve batted away mutant after mutant, suddenly something flashed past him, another mutant, and his speed gave him the upper hand, as Steve tried to defend himself it was too late as the mutants fists slammed into his body.

Suddenly a second shot rang out.

The bullet slammed into my awestruck body as I kneeled there with the boy's dead body in my hands. I didn't scream, as I felt my blood pour from me. It landed on the concrete ground in large thick drips as I moved the body gently away from me and stood up. I dug my fingers into my shoulder and pulled away the bullet. As I reached out with my other hand and grasped my sceptre.

Six more bullets to go. I pushed through my own mental barriers and searched the battle field, then I felt him...the anger, the hate and sadism all aimed towards me. I ran forward, toward Steve as his body slammed against the ground. I quickly found the metal signal of the mutant attacking Steve and stopped him. Blood poured from his nose and mouth as he dropped to the ground in agony. Steve groaned against the pavement as I reached out impulses crawling through my sceptre and onto the skin of my next attacker as the blade cut through some like paper.

Suddenly a mutant ran towards me his body like fluid rock. Suddenly his body morphed changing his arm into a stone blade. I focused on my sceptre and as I ran forward and jumped. I felt the metal shift and change beneath my grasp as I raised the axe above my head and slammed it down on my assailant. The heavy metal sliced through the stone shell of the mutant and straight into the muscle and bone beneath.

A third shot rang out.

I waited for it to hit, only for it to rebound off a haze red, white and blue. Steve stood before me his vibrarium shield protecting both of us. He suddenly swung it out hitting a mutant straight in the face flipping him onto his back. He nodded his thanks to me as he continued his fight.

I nodded back as I raced through the field of mutant bodies so fried and some foe. I tried the best I could to defend myself in the midst of battle, but I was severely out numbers fists slammed into my body with extreme force and dexterity. My axe formed into my double bladed spear, quickly sliding and maiming my enemies as I tried to even out the playing field. Suddenly without a seconds notice, the fourth shot rang out.

I didn't even feel the bullet enter my skull.

I woke up disorientated and confused I looked won at my body to see myself wearing my newly acquired Asgardien robes. I then looked at the ground and saw myself. My blood was pouring out of my head as I lay there on the ground supposedly dead. The mutant horde shifted its focus away from me and towards the rest of the Avengers and X-men.

I looked to see Stephen, hovering above us all. His eyes closed and a third eye open on his forehead. He was projecting into the astral plane. I looked across the battle field and watched as Tony's arch reactor shot a beam of pure energy across a horde of mutants knocking them down like a strike during bowling.

"I'm so sorry." I suddenly twisted around saw two figures stood there. Stephen was stood with a cup of tea in hand, with concentration creasing his brow as he looked at me. I then looked to the second figure. She was dressed in shadows, black and swirling around her like a living being, her eyes were dead and dull as she stood there in the astral plane.

"Who are you?" her pale lips were pursed in a tight line, as she looked in my general direction with her lifeless eyes. I looked to Stephen who took a large mouthful of tea as if there wasn't a battle waging on around us. He stepped the cup down in mid-air causing it to float away in the distance.

"This Hela, she is the protector of hell and she is why I am here, I notice a presence surround you and decided to found out what it was, and the reason Hela is saying sorry is because of this." suddenly it was like I was pushed back into my body. I screamed out as I shot up from the ground, pain flooded my senses I couldn't make sense from confusion as I was pulled up from the ground by a pale hand and thrown back into the fight.

"Liberty..." the voice was muffled as something sharp was stabbed into my spine. I dropped to my knees as I grabbed the blade of glass with numb fingers and pulled it from my spine. Blood dripped from my lips onto my chin as I rose up from the ground, but as I rose my hair was suddenly pulled back revealing my pale throat.

"I can't believe your Liberty Davis, the one they all talk about as if your some great hero." suddenly the sharp clean cut edge of a glass blade was pressed against my throat and pulled across. He threw my body against the ground. As my throat healed my breath gargled on blood. I looked over my shoulder blood spurting from my throat to see the symbol of hydra proudly stamped on his uniform. I felt the crackle of my impulses crawl across my skin. I suddenly flipped myself over and lunged upwards and grasped his neck in my hands. His mouth welcomed silent screams as his mental voice pleaded and screamed out in horror, as my electrical impulses burned away the skin beneath the palms of my hands.

"Liberty." This time the voice was crystal clear. I dropped my grasp from the dead man's throat and twisted around, to see the woman again. Her dead eyes stared into mine as she pointed out through the crowd of mutants, they all the others became dull and faded as she pin pointed one man in particular. In his hand sat a gun and his finger was on the trigger. I had no time to react as the bullet slammed into my chest. My body slammed back into the ground, blood rose up in my throat as I lay there shuddering and choking as the war raged on. Hela hovered over me, as I once again appear in the astral realm this time without doctor strange. I looked down as Stephen quickly move across the battle field casting spell quickly like the Sorcerer supreme he was.

He ran over to my body and pushed a hand into my chest searching for the bullet that had killed me. I looked back at Hela and saw her looked at the world below me.

"Odin has ordered me to make sure you live...no matter how painful that maybe. I promise you that I bear no ill will against you...even after Loki tricked me into give you back your soul...I know you never asked for this life...and yet here I am forcing you to exist. I am truly sorry." My mind was ticking over; Loki tricked my soul from her? Suddenly it was that same feeling once again, as I was forcefully pushed back into my body.

"Wait!" I screamed, before I entered my body once again. I screamed out eyes wide and bloodshot. Adrenaline rushed through my system as I panted wildly; I pushed up from the ground shakily. I looked around me as never ending amount of Mutants poured into the city. Suddenly the sound of a thundered silenced the battle field and lightening tore through the sky welcoming the God of Thunder himself, as he screamed out send mutants sprawling as shockwave after shockwave of lightening slammed into the city. I watched as Thor suddenly dropped straight into the centre of chaos as he threw his hammer through lines of mutants

"Hulk inbound." Tony shouted, as suddenly a huge rage filled cry called across the battle field, I watched as he bound across the sky line crashing through buildings toppling them in his wake, before dropping into the war. His large green arms batted and tore through the rogue mutants like paper. I ran forward, into the eye of the storm towards the hulk and Thor. My spear slicing through mutants, and my hand burning skin at the touch as I raced through the hordes.

"Hulk!" I screamed out, his large green eyes found me amongst the devastation as I bound my way across broken and concrete and twisted metal in order to reach him. He bound towards me throwing off mutants that clawed at him, as we grew closer to each other I could see the blood spattering his body, some of his own mixed with that of the rogue mutants. I leapt high into the air and grabbed onto him, as one of my hand clutched onto him and swung low as he rushed through the hordes allowing my blade to slice through the mutants below. Suddenly the familiar twang of a bow flew through the air, as I watched Hawkeye and Natasha scale down a building; each arrow was focus on the rogue mutants attacking us as he swept through the hordes.

I nodded to them as we continued our assault. Soon the sound of engines pulled through the skyline as the black bird flew overhead; it quickly flew back on itself lower this time. I watched as Magnus in his Red glory stepped out from the plane and with one gesture he created a path through the rogue mutants. Using the twisted iron and steel surrounding him he forced back the hordes. I met his cold steel gaze as he walked out onto the battle field; I looked up as storm moved across the sky bringing with her the storm.

The red streaked sky was quickly darkened by the oncoming storm. Lightening sliced through the sky in jagged lines striking with precision, Thor added as he flew up pulling lightening from the sky and sending concrete and rogue mutants flying through the streets as he send shock waves through eth ground. I smirked with triumph as Cyclops and Phoenix exited the blackbird ready to fight.

But it was all too soon. Suddenly like a swarm they all began to retreat. The rogue mutants moved away from us hastily as if following silent orders. I peeled back layer after layer of mental barriers and found nothing but silence behind their motives. The battle field grew thick with confusion as they stood there, opposite to us. Unmoving, unnerving. Hawkeye had his bow string taut as he stood there facing our apparent enemy.

Helicopter blades sliced through the silence. I looked up to see a fleet of helicopters each with the Hydra symbol painted across them with pride. Each flew overhead and came to land behind the army of rogue mutants. My knuckles turned white as my spear morphed back into my sceptre, I was ready to face whatever was to come. I looked to my side to see the hulk, his green eyes facing the army before us as the hydra symbol quickly filled the spaces in their dwindling army.

"Long time no see Liberty." A voice shouted across the battle field, the voice was almost long forgotten, as if I would never hear the voice again. I looked across no man's land and saw him, Connor Broker. He stood there proudly wearing the red hydra symbol, the very symbol I fought to keep off of him, and the very thing he helped me stop. Soon more figures moved through the rogue mutant horde to reveal the very same captives I had saved that day, the people I had led to a life better than captivity, better than Hydra.

"Why?!" I screamed as I took a step forward placing me between my allies the enemies I faced. I stood there seething, my nails slicing into the palms of my hands, my teeth grinding together, as I looked at him dead in the eye. He had changed, his hair had been shaved off, and a long line of stitches circled the circumference of his head.

"Why?" he mocked as he laughed. I watched cruel smirks appear on the lips of the other once saved mutants, as they began to chuckle darkly.

"Because they made us stronger...we were wrong Liberty, they helped improve us they made us more than just mutants, mutants think they're the next level of evolution but their wrong...you're wrong. We are the next step in evolution, we are genetically engineering to be perfect, to have only strengths and no weaknesses." I shook my head as I stood there. How could they, I went through everything to help them and this is how they repay me.

"If I've learned anything from back in japan, any person who boasted about having no weaknesses tended to fall the hardest." Connor laughed as he looked at me from across the battle field, he cocked his head to the side and gave a wild smirk.

"You say that, but I can already see one of your weaknesses. You're out numbered Liberty, We have an army!" I looked to my side and saw the hulk smirk as he looked at me from the corner of my eye. I felt the confidence grow between us, our biggest lead was the Hulk right now.

"We have a hulk!" I shouted out. Suddenly Connor erupted into laughter as he stood steps into no man's land. He gestured with arms wide open and looked away from me to the hulk.

"Not anymore." It was like time slowed as all I saw was hulks large green fist slam into me. My body slammed through the building next to me. I could hear the hulk's footsteps thunder towards me as I pulled myself from a wall. Glass splinted my whole body pieces cracked and dug deeper into my skin the more I moved. I looked up as the Hulk slammed through the wall I had just been punched through and grab me, pushing the large shards of glass deeper into my body.

I screamed as he threw me back out onto the battle field. My body was thrown with such force the concrete broke beneath my body. I pushed up from the ground to see Hulk kick away the remainder of the building wall and lay his black rage filled eyes on me.

"You see he's mine now liberty." I felt the hulks heavy footsteps shake the ground as he grew closer. I walked as his smirk grew larger as he fell back in line with his army. He suddenly clicked his fingers opening the flood gates, the army of rogue mutants and hydra super mutants ran forward as the Hulk ran towards me. I scrambled up from the ground and ran, pulling shards of glass from my body as I ran. I looked behind me as the hydra army slammed into the Avengers and X-men like a wave consuming them. I looked away and I shifted my centre of gravity and ran up a building only just missing the body breaking grasp of the hulk. He ran below me trying to grasp me, suddenly he leapt up behind me bounding across the surface of the building trying to keep up with me. I looked below as I could see some of the avengers and X-men finally surface from beneath the masses of mutants.

I flipped off the building the straight into the mutants below, the blade of my sceptre slicing through the horde. The hulk quickly joined behind me. His heavy arms bating through the hydra army not caring who he hit as long as it meant hitting me. I ran back through the crowd, towards Thor as he threw it through the army.

"Thor! Hammer!" he looked at me with wide eyes, his gaze wasn't incredulous, it was hopeful as he threw his hammer out towards me. I hoped to god this worked, because if it didn't I was dead...again. The hammer soared through the mutant army, and landed right in front of me. I dove forward, my eyes screwed shut, as my hand grasped the leather handle.

I pulled it up from the hot tarmac ground and swung it around, slamming the heavy metal hammer into the face of the hulk. He was hurled into the side of a building, there was a moment of silence as I held Thor's hammer in my grasp, but as the dust cloud settled the silence of interrupted by a rage filled roar from the Hulk as He barrelled out of the building and straight towards me throwing mutants out of his way.

I moved to throw the hammer once again, only for his large foot to come in contact with my body. All the air rushed from my lungs as I was impaled. The iron robs pierced my body, I screamed out causing blood to gargle at the back of my throat. I tried to pull my body from the iron robs but I couldn't, as the pain was too much. Suddenly I felt my body slide off of them, I screamed out as I watched Jean use her telekinesis to remove my body from the iron bars. She settled my feet firmly on the ground as she focused solely on herself. Suddenly a hydra agent came up behind her. I quickly slammed a large piece of concrete into the female hydra agent. Jean quickly twisted around to witness what I had just done, causing me to suddenly fall. I panted as my wound quickly began to heal.

"Jean you need to go." She looked at me with shock in her gaze as we both looked across the battle field to the less than welcoming gaze of the hulk. I walked as my blood floated away as ash on the gale winds that surrounded us.

"Liberty I can help." I shook my head as I rose up from the ground, and stood firmly as my wound had fully healed leaving only holes in my body suit. I suddenly gestured out with one hand moving Jean away from me. I wanted to eliminate any chance of anyone else getting hurt. I could feel her press against my mental barriers trying to bypass the distance I had put between her and myself.

"I'm sorry." I said, as I quickly felt my bronze and silver haze surround me transforming my uniform into my Asgardien war armour I felt gauntlets encase each of my hands as I clutched my elongating sceptre tightly. I quickly bolted forward as my helmet surrounded my face leaving my face shadowed and my storm blue and emerald eyes the last thing people could see.

I ran forward, as the hulk bolted towards me. I wedged the end of my sceptre into the broken ground and vaulted up over the huge rage monster. I took my sceptre with me and as I moved mid-air I shortened it and slammed it into the hulks shoulder eliciting a pained howl. He twisted and writhed to dislodge me but I wasn't going to go away that easily.

"Tony!" I screamed out as I was thrown about like a rag doll. Tony blasted another ground of mutants before turning to me, his eyes wide and expecting.

"Find Connor, I need to break the metal link." Tony nodded and lifted off of battle field and above it, in order to try and find Connor. He needed to be stopped, or I would needed to take this is extreme lengths...I knew it was inevitable after witnessing it in Ruth's vision, but I needed to get people away, I needed to make sure that none of them were in the way.

Suddenly Hulks large green fist wrapped itself around my body. Bone crunched and punctured skin and organs as he crushed my body in his grasp. His large hands constricted my body, my gauntlet cover hand clawed at his thick green skin till I game to raw tendons and nerves. I grasped them tightly and stent thousands of volts of electrical potential energy through his system. He screamed out in agony, howling in rage as he threw my offending body to the ground. The bone had sliced through the skin of my leg de-gloving it from the knee down. I clawed my way across the pavement remembering each move I made, during that vision just like Déjà vu I looked down at my arms as I barely dragged myself across the ground to see the multiple breaks in the bone jutting out from my skin. My nails scraped helplessly at the ground as I tried to move away only for the hulk to grab my bare muscle leg. I screamed out the sound tearing through my throat, as I looked ahead of me to see Tony and Eric racing towards me. I suddenly raised a hand and splayed it out forcing them back.

"Liberty!" hear my name called out against in the same exact way pulled me away from what the hulk was about to do. As he suddenly grasped me by the neck and slammed me against a building's reinforced concrete walls. As my windpipe collapsed as began to splutter and choke out blood as my throat tried to repeatedly heal beneath his grasp. Blood gargled in the back of my throat as I smirked up at the Hulk.

I felt the black creeping it at the edges of my vision as I smirked at him, I could feel the vertebrae in my neck strain with the force the hulk was applying to my neck. I spat out the blood I was gargling causing the hulk to growl down at me. I chuckled as I repeated the very same line, I was scripted to say.

"If I'm going down Bruce, you're coming with me." I chuckled with as I reached up a splayed out hand and quickly pulled it into a fist. I looked up at the falling concrete and panes of glass without shutting my eyes. It was like watching the sky fall on top of me.

"Help her!" I screamed across the great hall to Hela who just stood there, her dead eyes looking here not there. Tears dropped from my eyes onto the small pool forming on the ground. As I looked at the pitch blackness where Liberty had been buried alive. I sobbed as I continued to watch, the gaze moved back onto the battle field, the war still waged on, the Avengers and X-men winning in this great battle, behind the super mutants, there he stood Connor. Two fingers pressed against his temple as he solely controlled the horde of mutants and the Hulk.

I watched as the image moved back the pile of rubble that was once a building. I was waiting for something to happen. Something to move.

"Why aren't you helping her?!" I screamed at Hela as she stood with her head bowed down with failure. She swallowed a growing lump in her throat as Odin and Heimdall looked to her. What was her excuse for just standing here not doing as she was instructed.

"I can't because she won't let me." I looked down at the mirage and away from the dead eyed girl to see the pile of rubble erupt. A cloud of concrete dust obscured the image but there was no mistaking that noise...that harrowing howl of pain, agony and guilt.

I suddenly dropped to my knees at the sight. She was a corpse, skin had been pulled away from her body, and blood covered her porcelain skin leaving none to the naked eyes. I watched as The hulk was brought to his knees. He continued to howl as he held the dead body of my beloved Liberty in his arms. I screamed out in shear horror at the sight.

Odin looked away from the scene before him...the sight of his adopted son broken, and screaming.

"Viewer will be warned what we are about to show is that of a shocking nature."

"It seems that Liberty Davis is dead. We capturing this live, the battle has come to a sudden stand still as the Hulk seems to be mourning the death of Liberty Davis."

"The hulk has killed Liberty Davis."

"No one is safe not even an avengers from the Hulks wrath."

I looked down at the corpse that was my body beneath me and paced through the astral realm; I panned across the battle field and saw Connor as he struggled to understand how the connection between the Hulk and himself had been lost. I sighed and looked down at the broken body that awaited me. I needed to force myself back; I could rely on Hela to help me all of the time. I took a deep breath as I pushed myself back into my corpse like body.

All there was, was pain. Most of my skin had been torn away, bone and nerve endings were shattered. I wanted to scream but it wasn't physically possible. I slowly felt Veins, nerves and tendons snake across my bones and raw muscle as I lay there in the arms of a mourning Hulk. I slowly opened my eyes to welcome nothing but white, I was blind from the physical trauma but the more I blinked the more I saw. The more I healed the more I felt, I felt hulks large tears splash across my broken skin and as never ending formed across open wounds I felt the burn of the salt. My fingers twitched to life balling up into fists and then opening.

I could hear nothing but the cried of the Hulk there was no sounds of battle, no screams of pain or anguish. I slowly moved my hand and tapped the bone finger tips against the hulks forearm, sending a small current of electrical impulses through his skin. He suddenly looked at my torn apart face, I could feel nerve ending move across the bare bones of the left side of my face. I gave a half smile up at the mourning creature and saw his eyes grow wide at my state.

"Hi big guy." I whispered hoarsely as I slowly moved out of his arms. He steadied me as I stood up on my own two feet. My right leg was nearly completely healed while my left was still void of muscle across the front. I felt my bronze and silver haze wrap around me replacing my torn away armour. My horned helmet once against rested atop my head, I pulled it away to reveal my still healing face I looked around, as was the quiet battlefield. Allies and enemies baffled by my resurrection.

I looked at the surrounding buildings and saw people recording on their mobile phones what had just happened and looked up to the sky to see a low flying new helicopter recording the scene unfold. I looked away and back to the battle field. I moved through all the metal barrages of the mutants before me and found the one I was looking for.

"Connor!" I screamed out, I gestured with two hands splaying them apart, parting the army of mutants like the red sea leaving Connor in my eye line. I smirked and then looked to the hulk who smirked back, as my face fully healed.

"Let's end this now." He nodded and darted forward, before the mutant battalions had any notion of what was about to happen then were torn through like paper. I darted forward down my safe made parting and straight towards Connor as he stood there; his sole concentration was on trying to control his legion of mutants.

Suddenly two shot ran our one after another. Both bullets slammed into me, one in my rib cage and the other in my thigh. I continued to walk forward, as my hand dug into my thigh I suddenly felt another hand dig into my rib age. I looked over my shoulder to see the Vision behind me following me to the end of the line.

"Thank you vision." My voice was stern as he nodded and walked to my left. I felt Doctor Strange materialise besides me, as we walked towards the very man who created all of this chaos I watched as his intense gaze suddenly faltered as we grew closer. Suddenly we were stopped less those twenty metres from him. He was trying to protect himself.

"Vision and doctor Strange please go and help the rest of the X-men and Avengers...I have this one under control." Both of them nodded to me and I nodded back. They left me at the borderline; I took in a deep breath, and pushed down my mental walls and aimed all my concentration at Connor.

His mind was hard to access and I knew why, those stitches were there for a reason, he had an adamantium plate surrounding his skull. I pushed forward and manipulated the metal pulling it away from his skull. I took five steps forward, I pushed harder and came to his mental wall, I pushed hard, it was almost like head butting concrete, but I've been able to survive Ruth Aldine's mind and that was like sticking my brain in a blender. This was no problem.

I felt blood trickle out from my nose as I continued to walk forward, toppling his mental walls like dominoes. His eyes looked at mine panic flickered through them as I pushed forward, suddenly he moved his focus away from the mutants and to me. He pushed back causing blood to run from his ears as we stood there at a deadlock.

I pushed hard taking another step; I could feel blood vessels breaking beneath my skin forming ugly bruises across my skin as I continued to walk forward, then suddenly his eyes flickered to my right. I watched as I mutant, made of fluid glass suddenly ran towards me, his hand morphed into a thin point ready to strike, and then it happened all over again.

Eric suddenly pushed me out of the way. The think glass blade impaled him; I gasped tears running down my face, mingling with my blood as I kneeled there on the grass. Eric quickly magnetized a fallen bullet and slammed the bullet into the mutant's skull, causing the mutants morphed arm to break off as he fell. Eric fell onto his back, as I crawled towards him. The long glass dagger glinted out in the red light of the day, as I kneeled over him. I watched as they retreated back to their helicopters with the x-men and Avengers hot on their tail.

Eric clutched at the glass dagger, as he lay there on the concrete ground. He spluttered out some blood marring his pale pink lips, as he looked up at me with his steel grey eyes. I placed my hands over his as if it had already been rehearsed. I grabbed the long glass dagger and pulled it from his body causing blood to pour out. He choked out loudly as he gasped for breath.

I pushed blood spattered hair away from my eye line and leaned down. I slid my own blood moistened hand onto his blood cheek as his hand cupped the back of my neck keeping my lips firmly against him. My other hand pressed against the quickly healing wound that lay in his abdomen, soon the blood became ash on my fingers that blew away in the wind. I pulled away and looked down into his silver eyes and rested my forehead against his, as we lay there in the broken street.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

121K 3.1K 30
Pietro's death is still haunting Wanda. She can't seem to find a reason to be happy again. That is until she meets James Buchanan Barnes. Steve Roger...
22.9K 1.4K 44
Potter Morgan needed a way out. Only in high school, boarding school was the only way. But this school is harboring a secret that can be fatal. Can P...
10.4K 181 26
"You don't even know where her true power starts." Estrid Thordotter, Goddess of Wind, Princess of Asgard, and Guardian of the Matter Stone. Thor ~ I...
111K 5.2K 29
Sequel to Scars That Last Forever -You don't nearly need to read the first one to understand this but highly suggested. After the events of Scars T...