The Pureblood Vampire Huntres...

Por SerenityR0se

[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 2| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ When Evicka... Mais

The Blood Magic Series - Book 2: The Pureblood Vampire Huntress
Book 2⌇1. The Auction
Book 2⌇2. Let's Play
Book 2⌇3. Target Acquired: Lord Blaise
Book 2⌇4. Boundaries
Book 2⌇5. Welcome to Hollywood
Book 2⌇6. Masquerade
Book 2⌇7. Where It All Began
Book 2⌇8. Target Acquired: Lord Enzo
Book 2⌇9. Your Life Is Mine
Book 2⌇10. The King's Agent
Book 2⌇11. Testing You
Book 2⌇12. Dominance
Book 2⌇13. Do NOT Seduce Me
Book 2⌇14. Escapist
Book 2⌇15. Target Acquired: Lord Micah
Book 2⌇17. Their Binding
Book 2⌇18. Runaway Princess
Book 2⌇19. Targets Acquired: Lord Julien and Lord Remy
Book 2⌇20. Differences Aside
Book 2⌇21. Apoptosis
Book 2⌇Epilogue: Left To Die

Book 2⌇16. Sanctioned Orders

29.5K 2.1K 189
Por SerenityR0se

Chapter 16 ∣  Sanctioned Orders

-Evicka

I force my eyes open, afraid that if I close them...

...it'll be for the very last time.

Even when Blaise bit me...I'd never felt a bite so powerful and commanding. The sheer force weakens and exhausts me, any fight left within me, slowly burns away. My ear-shattering scream is repressed as Locaine's fangs pierce right through to my windpipe, completely cutting me off.

My arms are listless. The grip I once held on him, falters as they fall to my sides.

In an attempt to breathe, I gasp. Only, I find myself gagging on my own blood, choking as I cough it up. My concentration is nonexistent. I have no control and even if I do manage to use my blood magic...it won't be enough to save my life.

Instantly, Locaine's fangs dislodge from my neck.

My mind is hazy. My eyes flicker to Locaine's face as the blood trickles down from his lips, beading off his chin.

What?

I see something. Something I've never seen from anyone ever in my life. Not from my hunters, not from Kenzie or Killian, and it was only flashed briefly before my mother locked me away from the vampires that night so many long years ago.

Complete, unconditional...undying love.

"Lucca," Locaine's eyes revert to icy blue irises, trying desperately not to panic.

Why is he worried?

I'm the traitor he was so eager to execute...

I can hardly move any of my muscles, my body is using every bit of strength I have left recovering...to heal the deadly bite.

More blood spills from my lips, coughing once again and choking on my own blood. It isn't enough.

My eyes are slightly glazed over, glancing to see Lucca coming into my field of view. The confusion continues as Lucca sinks his fangs into his wrist, immediately pulling it away from his blood-stained lips and bringing it to my own.

"Take his blood," Locaine's voice is on edge, trepidation concealed. When I tilt my head away, afraid this is just another trick to prolong my suffering, Locaine firmly states, "Now."

I bring my head back, glancing up at Lucca for a moment before reluctantly placing my mouth over the puncture marks. The blood trickles down my throat, warming and filling me with repose, alleviating the throbbing pain that was lingering in the side of my neck.

There's something else about Lucca's blood, my body calling to its mesmeric piquancy. A deep pull from within me that I can't ignore...it causes me to suddenly let go of his wrist, my eyes flashing to a black rose and then instantaneously reverting back.

Locaine's hold on me tightens, his muscles tensing as he surveys first myself and then darts his eyes to Lucca.

Was...

...was that half a blood bond?

Is Lucca...my beloved? He's given me his blood once before...why is this happening now?

"Locaine!" Remy's sudden outburst causes me to shake in Locaine's grasp. My eyes watch Locaine as his own drift from Lucca and rest on Remy's. He then asks, "What is the meaning of this?"

"I saw her with the hunters," Locaine replies calmly, "I want Lucca to torture her...he has by far the best methods of getting the information that I want from someone."

Liar!

Why...?

I want to fight back, but I'm perplexed. If Locaine saw my blood memories, the only thing he would've seen regarding the hunters...is Enock about to end my life.

Why is he lying?

I don't have any more information, and he knows that.

Locaine roughly shoves me into Lucca's waiting arms.

"You really believe that Lucca can drag the information out of her?" Remy questions Locaine. I try to move forward, but Lucca just wraps both of his arms around mine, holding me in place at my waist. It isn't a restricting embrace, but one of protection.

"Yes," is all Locaine says. He turns to us, and the look in his eyes causes me to cower away, pushing back into Lucca's chest. I'm afraid of the new emotions I see hiding behind those eyes.

My eyes flicker to Ronan and Julien, both looking just as confused as I am. Ronan's confusion immediately changes to suspicion, his eyes narrowing on the three of us. But, instead of prying further, he growls, "Get it out of her."

Lucca's grip tightens, pulling me in the direction of the double doors to the ballroom.

The fuck's going on?

"Move," Lucca shoves me again, this time much harder. He releases his arms from around my body, letting me walk on my own. The sea of vampires part, allowing us access to the exit. The flabbergasted expressions we receive makes me feel uneasy.

Why did he stop?

I glance over my shoulder, only I can't see past Lucca's form. His eyes urge me to keep moving. I release a small sigh and turn my head back around, my eyes falling on the dark oak wood doors...the final exit to this tombstone that had almost become my grave.

The crimson and ebony candles flicker their foreboding light, casting dark shadows across the faces of all who look upon us.

I should be afraid...why am I no longer afraid? Locaine said Lucca was going to torture me...

Somehow...I don't believe him.

The same vampire who had ushered me in earlier narrows his eyes at me as he reluctantly grasps the handle of the door and opens it wide. The snow had begun to fall again, a gentle breeze blowing it around my body as I step out onto the packed ground.

My hair whips around my body, encasing me in a shield. There are traces of blood that coats the underside of my white hair, stopping me in my tracks. Kato and another vampire are waiting patiently near the street.

"Don't stop," Lucca's voice is but a ghost of a whisper behind me.

"You're n-" I'm cut off, Lucca grabbing my upper arms and bringing me against his muscular chest. The air catches in my lungs, wondering if he's going to end my life now.

"Don't speak," he hushes me, his lips pressing against my left ear. I take a deep breath and nod, unsure of what is happening. I find everything that had just happened completely strange...

...why am I not dead?

Kato steps forward and informs us, "The jet's ready, Lucca."

"Excellent," Lucca's lips leave my ear, leaving behind a warmth. His hold on me loosens, allowing me to follow Kato and the other vampire.

We walk for about a mile until we finally reach a gray jet.

"Eryx," Lucca speaks once again.

No name has a name now...

I observe as he places the palm of his hand on a scanner, the door opening, the top of it touching down to the snowy ground.

"Take Evie inside," Lucca finishes, a loud eruption echoing in the distance.

That's coming from Remy's mansion.

The wind carries the scent of blood through the cold night's sky...

...my mother's blood.

Even though I'm still weak and recovering, I spin on my heels and dart past Lucca. A scream is ripped from my lungs a second later, Lucca tackling me to the ground, the snow puffing up into the air.

His knees are on either side of my legs, his hands fighting to grasp my wrists. I won't let him. I fight back for all that I'm worth...I won't leave my mother.

"Fuck!" Lucca shouts as I punch him in the face. His eyes are full of fury, finally locking my wrists into his hands, pinning them to the sides of my head. My arms are bent in ninety-degree angles as I continue to buck my hips up, trying to throw him off me.

Kato and Eryx rush over, looming on either side of us and waiting for his orders. Lucca lifts his eyes to meet theirs and hisses, "Back off."

They do as their coven leader commands, stepping away from our brawl. I breathe slowly, Lucca's hazel eyes staring into mine. My chest rises and falls fast, observing him as I finally still beneath him.

"Are you quite done?" Lucca asks me, narrowing his eyes.

I can't fight it any longer. The stinging sensation burns my eyes as hot tears fall from the corners, sliding down my cheeks.

My mother had raised me to be strong, to never show weakness. In the face of Enock and Locaine, both ready to end my life, I hadn't demonstrated weakness. Even though I'd had Killian and Kenzie...I've always been all alone. My family was ripped away from me, left to find my own way...

My pitiful immortal life meant nothing.

I had NO ONE.

Now that my mother is the closest I've been to finding her, Lucca is the one standing in the way. I feel defeated.

His eyes immediately soften, worry searching my face.

"Please...please either let me go or kill me now. I can't take any more torture," I cry, my lips quivering.

Lucca asks sincerely, "Why are you running?"

"My mother is here..."

"Annika is here?!" Lucca's expression fills with shock and meets my own. He questions, "That's who's blood lingers in the air?"

How does he know her?

"Y-yes."

Lucca rises to his feet, bringing me gently to mine as well before pulling me back toward the jet. "No!" I scream again, trying to pull out of his grasp.

We're going in the OPPOSITE direction.

"If she's here, it's all the more reason to get you away," Lucca hastily wrestles me into the jet, Kato, and Eryx following behind us. The door slams shut, Lucca letting me go.

I run at the door, knocking both Kato and Eryx to the ground. Slamming my fist against it, I notice that there is a biometric scanner to open the door.

"Open the god damn door!" I growl at Lucca, turning around and pressing my back against it.

"No, now if you would just li-"

My anger and pain overwhelm me, launching off the door and ramming into him, pinning him hard onto the beige carpet floor. My right fist collides with the side of his face. He quickly catches my left wrist before I have a chance to hit him again.

"Evie stop!" Lucca glowers, trying to wrap his hand around my other wrist.

"No!" I snarl back, but Lucca brings both my captured wrists together into his right hand, pinning them in between his chest and mine. His eyes are full of warmth, a spark igniting. With his left hand, he brings it up to slowly caress my cheek, wiping the tears that continue to fall from my eyes subconsciously.

"Listen to me angel," Lucca's deep voice brings a new calmness over my body. I stop struggling against him as I straddle his waist. When I don't put up a fuss, Lucca continues, "If your mother is here, that means your life is at risk."

"Why?" I ask calmly.

"Whoever took her, is using her to draw you out. Probably the same way the recognized coven leaders want to draw the hunters out as well," Lucca shifts underneath me, slowly sitting up with me in his lap.

"Why here? Why now?" I'm startled, not that my mother is here, but because Lucca seems to know a hell of a lot more about me, then I do.

Lucca looks into my eyes and replies, "Evie...your mother is Locaine's beloved...his queen."

My heart stops as the blood drains from my face. My body becomes very cold as the goosebumps spread throughout me. Pure shock runs through my body.

"Th-that w-would make me..." my voice trails off, fear gripping my body.

"His daughter...the lost princess," Lucca states.

Just like that...

...my world comes crashing down around me. Everything I thought I knew, melts away at this moment.

**

-Annika

My heart aches, breaking at the sight of Locaine mercilessly biting into Evie's neck. The smell of her blood rises, taking hold of me. My screams are barely above a whisper, the gag shutting off any warning I can give him. Tears stream down my face as I shake my head from side to side, not wanting to believe what I'm seeing.

Locaine...no

I know it's no use trying to reach him, the silver chains kept my powers at bay and the blood bond that we once had was broken the moment Ronan compelled me with his own blood.

Here...my family is, so close...yet so very far away.

How cruel fate is.

As quickly as his fangs bury into her neck, he instantly releases her. I breathe in sharply, falling to my knees.

Thank you...

I curiously observe a pureblood swiftly come to Locaine's side, biting into his wrist and offering Evie his blood. I've no idea who this is. It isn't one of the recognized coven leaders, yet Locaine regards him as one.

What?

Locaine must have figured it out...He finally meets his daughter, after all these years, but in the worse way imaginable.

My stubborn little girl is reluctant at first, figuring this is apparently a trick to cause her more pain and suffering. How strong she has become...She eventually gives in.

I can't hear what they are saying, but Locaine hands Evie over to the pureblood I don't recognize.

What is going through your head, my love?

Does he trust this vampire? Does he trust him with our daughter's life?

Apparently so, as he seems to order them away from the ballroom. It isn't long before Evie is gone, once again our family being separated.

At least she's safe.

Locaine seems to be going back and forth with Remy and Ronan, but I'm not entirely sure what they are discussing.

No...

I feel that uncontrollable pull. The undeniable evil that lurks on the white marble of the ballroom is calling to me again.

I won't...

Ronan had already mixed his blood with my own long before we had arrived at Remy's mansion. The searing pain runs through my veins, his blood fighting to control me. With his strength in combination with my own, my wrists involuntarily pull away from each other, shattering the silver cuffs.

How the hell can he do that?

His power is beginning to overshadow my own. I give him strength, just like I had for Locaine. I reach up to grab the back of the gag that silences me. Discarding it to the ground, I'm about to call out when I feel the blood running along the outside of my lungs...grasping them tightly.

Ronan's warning me...

It feels like I'm watching a movie through my eyes as my body begins to move on its own.

I step off the floor of the alcove, sailing to the white marble floor beneath me as I narrowly pass through the enormous chandeliers. The iridescent light casts a glow over my body, my bare feet contacting the hard marble floor. The black dress I wear settles around my body, the fabric swaying slightly as my bent knees lock into a standing position.

"Little hunter?" Locaine's piercing blue eyes meet my white irises. My heart leaps at the sound of his voice caressing my ears. My pet name I've wanted to hear from his lips just once again...is granted to me.

He's surprised to see me alive...

Many years I've longed to be with him once again, to be held in his strong warm arms, to have him whisper sweet nothings to me. But, there is only ever one reason why I can see him, and that is because Ronan wants me to end his life tonight...

Locaine wipes away Evie's blood from his lips, his stance somewhat shaken by my sudden appearance.

"You're alive...but I felt our blood bond shatter," Locaine is frozen in place, contemplating the ghost he's seemingly seeing.

I breathe in deeply, wishing to speak to him. Each time I attempt to find my voice, I'm harshly reminded to bite my tongue.

Ronan steps away from the leaders who are positioned near Locaine, walking toward me with such cocky confidence. I want to rip out his throat. My only saving grace...Ronan has never figured out my true viciousness lethality...that once I see the blood of another and tap into its connection...I can control their blood in their own body.

That is why a hybrid blood magic hunter is so dangerous to both sides...that is why Evie and I should never exist.

Halting beside me and placing a firm hand on my right shoulder, Ronan glances from me and then to Locaine.

"You..." Locaine's voice trails off in disbelief. "...you took Annika away from me?"

"In every way, shape, and form," Ronan sneers at Locaine. I test his connection to me and take a step forward, only to be put right back in my place.

Locaine's shock soon comes to an end, his hands clenching into fists as he dangerously growls, "What have you done to her?"

"I've been enjoying breaking her further than you ever could," Ronan pats my head as I grow angrier.

"What do you want Ronan?"

"You know what I want," Ronan's irritation is growing.

Locaine sees the tears falling from my eyes, blinding my sight. It takes him no time to say, "You can have the damn crown."

"Oh, that's not all I want," Ronan replies nonchalantly. "you see...it's dangerous keeping you around. One never knows what my enemy might do. I want your life as well."

"What?!" Locaine spits back. Murmurs are spreading through the crowd like wildfire, hearing most of the vampires disagreeing with what Ronan wants.

It seems Locaine has been the fair king that I knew he would be.

Surprisingly, Remy and Julien are still near Locaine's side. Are they not a part of this treason?

"You heard me. Your life," Ronan points at him first, "or hers," he then pushes me forward onto the floor. "Let's see what you value more."

I fall to the ground, but quickly catch myself, not wanting him to control me. At my insubordination, Ronan stands with his arms crossed in front of his chest, commanding my every movement.

Of course, he's not going to use my blood magic just yet...he wants Locaine to break first...

My thoughts are rushing around as I kick off the white marble, lunging for Locaine.

As the fight begins, the attending vampires slowly back away to the outer walls of the ballroom, not sure what to do. Nothing like this had ever happened in the past.

If only someone would attack Ronan...he'd break the connection.

The bystander effect is in full swing.

Locaine locks both of his hands onto my shoulders, pushing me back away from him. He's able to keep me like that for a moment, before I drop down onto the marble, flinging him over my back. He flips over me, twisting in the air, and landing gracefully on his feet.

"Little hunter, stop..." Locaine begs me, only I can't.

Believe me, my love...I want to.

Desperately.

Tears continue to fall as I run at him again, only this time, I kick out his feet from beneath him. His back slams onto the ground, and before he can get to his feet, I'm on top of him pinning him down.

This fight...it reminds me of when you first brought me to your home...only this time, we aren't playing around...one of us is going to die.

Locaine catches my left arm, but my right fist smashes into his chest, causing him slight pain. I know I'm not as strong as him...and luckily it isn't Evie in my spot. Otherwise she could cause some severe damage.

Locaine catches my other arm, but I immediately bring my head back and fling it forward, colliding my forehead with his in a bone-cracking headbutt. He doesn't want to hurt me, I feel his compassion as I lock my eyes with his own.

"Lo-" I manage only a syllable before Ronan roars and constricts the blood around my neck. Locaine releases his grip on my arms as my voice causes him alarm.

"Did I give you permission to speak!?" Ronan growls. I throw my hands up to my neck, trying to remove the unseen hands that are suffocating me.

"Annika!" Locaine is beginning to see what is going on. He snarls at him, "Ronan, how are you doing this? Stop it! If you want my life, take it...just stop hurting her!"

Ronan is waiting for him to drop his guard. My oxygen returns as my fangs elongate, my eyes shifting from their pure white to a bloodstained red. Locaine doesn't register what happens until my fangs are piercing his neck.

"Fuck!" Locaine growls, shoving me off enough so I can't bite down deep enough to cause lethal damage.

Two sets of hands grab hold of my upper arms, unlatching me from Locaine. It's Remy and Julien...

"Ronan...not like this," Remy's voice is full of regret.

So...

...they are in on Ronan's plan to overthrow and kill Locaine. Why are they stopping me then?

I'm pulled to my feet, Ronan continuing to force me back to Locaine. Thankfully, the two leaders that restrain me are more powerful than myself and what Ronan is forcing me to do.

My two hands ball up into fists, my eyes on the blood that trails from Locaine's wound that flows to the white floor, now a crimson red. The blood rises from the ground, suspending in the air between Locaine and me.

Chickenshit...

Evidently fearing the new power that Ronan is displaying, Remy and Julien's hands leave my arms, retreating from the blood battle taking place. They know better than to stand against blood magic. There is a loud crash as every vampire in the room decides it's best to run for their lives, terror sweeping through them. They have no idea that tonight is about power...

My fangs pierce through my left wrist, flinging the blood forward to add what had been collected from Locaine.

Our eyes seem to be saying the same thing to one another...

...hunters.

It appears their plan is successful, but the only problem is, every vampire is already thrown off guard with the display Ronan is showing.

Locaine dives through the blood, shattering the hardened form to pieces as he takes hold of me, bringing me down to the ground. His hand is over my eyes, blocking my view. The room erupts with bangs echoing off the walls.

In his bewilderment, Ronan loses his connection to my blood, fearing for his own life.

"Locaine..." I whisper, just loud enough for him to hear as I feel his chin on the top of my forehead, guarding my body against the intruders. My voice waivers for a moment when I tell him, "Get me far away...now..."

The screams reverberate through the mansion. Locaine keeps his hand over my eyes, launching himself off the floor at full strength and speed, avoiding the hanging chandeliers.

He's going through the roof? Really...

My question is soon answered as I feel debris ricochet and collide with my body, Locaine's grasp remains tight on me. In mere seconds, the sounds of the mansion die away in the distance. The night air is fresh, the snow falling lightly on my shaken form.

Locaine's hand slowly lifts away from my eyes, meeting his charming blue irises. The wind blows strands of hair across my face, but Locaine brushes them away.

"Little hunter," Locaine whispers, his deep voice bringing my body back to what I've longed for all these years.

"Locaine..." I sigh heavily, my lips turning up into a smile. Before I can blink, Locaine's lips gently touch mine. Our passion ignites...rekindling...our touch something indescribable.

"Locaine," I recognize that voice. Darius comes into view, his pace slowing down as he comes to a sudden halt in front of us. Henri and Flynn are also with him, turning their backs away from our group to look out at Remy's mansion.

"Darius?" Locaine regards him, still holding me tightly, worried that if he lets me go, I will disappear into the night once again.

Darius hastily replies, "It wasn't just the hunters that attacked. That was human military."

"Humans?" The confusion that comes from Locaine only furthers the suspicion that has been growing inside me. I know at some point the humans will get enough strength to revolt. It's just like the great Roman Empire...try to reach out too far, and everything collapses.

The hunters must be showing them how to kill the vampires effectively.

Henri's eyes are watchful as he calls back over his shoulder. Almost as though he reads my mind he states, "The hunters are showing the humans how to fight back. Who knows how long they have been in contact? This is a force we seriously need to take into consideration."

"Maybe this was all just a mistake," Locaine's eyes downcast, looking at me tenderly, "gaining the world...cost me, my family."

"We can't coexist," Flynn's red hair rustles in the wind, snow landing on it gently. "we would have to go back into hiding..."

"We are creatures of the night," Locaine sighs, "perhaps that is where we are supposed to belong."

It finally hits me, and I exclaim, "Evie! Where is Evie?" I pull back out of Locaine's loving embrace, worry crossing my face at the thought of her potentially being in danger.

"She's going to be fine," Locaine replies, letting me slowly leave his arms, standing in front of him in nothing more than the simple black dress that had been selected for me.

"How can you be so sure?" I question, my memory flashing to the pureblood who took her away from the slaughter that had just taken place. If we are lucky...the rest of the recognized coven leaders will die.

Locaine sighs and runs a hand through his hair before stating, "She's with Lucca."

"The pureblood you sent her away with?" I regard.

"It seems...well," Locaine is having trouble finding the right words, "Evie and Lucca are beloveds..."

"Are you flipping kidding me?!" I throw my hands up in the air, "I don't even know him, and I barely know my own daughter...I don't want anyone touching her!"

"Well..." Locaine seems to be hiding something else, tilting his face away from mine.

I place my hands on my hips, tilting my head to the side and mimic him, "Well...what?"

"He's done a lot more than...touch her."

I'm furious, "You're taking this rather calmly," I growl at him, my eyes narrowing.

"Oh, believe me," Locaine meets my face, "I have some questions of my own."

"Locaine...don't you think we should be going?" Flynn sighs, still searching the area for any stray armed humans or hunters. Yea, that's right, we are just lazily standing about socializing.

"Right," Locaine immediately picks me up into his strong arms.

"Hey!"

"Your feet," Locaine smirks at me. The playfulness I've missed so dearly is finally showing from him once again. He hasn't changed a bit...

Right...my feet are bare and sitting in the snow.

"Where are we going?" I ask, Locaine taking off at full speed, Henri and Flynn hot on our tracks. I see the familiar black jet that Locaine had once taken to save me from his father. It's a relief to see it once again.

"To see our daughter."

Published on Amazon as an ebook and paperback.

The Pureblood Vampire Huntress by K. A. Young.

If you don't have a Kindle and can't purchase the book off Amazon, you are more than welcome to join my Patreon page and receive downloadable PDFs under the Pack Tracker Tier.

Please click on the link on my bio.

https://www.patreon.com/SerenityR0se   

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

22.4K 3.5K 73
FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL FANTASY, ROMANCE, MAGIC, STORIES UNDISCOVERED AND SPECULATATIVE FICTION PROFILES. "Rose run!" A voice yelled from all...
12.8K 575 10
Witches. Most were eradicated during The Big Cleansing years ago. Those alive now hide amongst the monsters of the world: vampires, werewolves, and t...
8.9K 559 35
"You were born a Vampire Hunter. You were trained one and above all, you got some freaky spell on you that binds you to the Vampire princess. And sti...
343K 18.8K 25
[COMPLETED]✔ The Blood Magic Series |Book 7| 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Series. ⁃⁃⁃❖⁃⁃⁃ ༺༒༻ "Why are you touching me?" Isis flicked my hand...