It's Simple. I use you. You u...

By giveasmilex

Lucille is 17 years old. She does not have many friends. She's always been by herself since she had a hard ti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update++Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40 - Last Chapter
Sequel

Chapter 26

334K 9.4K 4.1K
By giveasmilex

Friday night

"Should I wear this?" April asked, holding a blue dress.

"Sure, I think its cute!" I replied.

"Luce! Why am I the only one choosing clothes? What are you going to wear?"

"This..." I was in a t-shirt and jeans.

She gave a "You're kidding, right?" face.

"What?" I grinned.

"No, no, no! Luce! Don't you have anything "sexy" but "classy" in your closet?" She began search through it. 

I shook my head. 

"April, I don't do hanging out. I don't even do talking to friends."

"Well you better with me here!" She sighed.

"Seriously?" she said, frustrated. 

"I'll have to lend you my clothes, but we're definitely going shopping next week since you have work this weekend," she said the last part in a whiny voice. 

I laughed. 

"A T-shirt and jeans aren't actually that bad. They're simple, classy, and comfortable," I justified. 

She shook her head. 

"Please, no!" she threw her hands up. She searched her suitcase. "I must have something....Ah!" She pointed her finger up. "If we can't go classy, we'll just have to go trashy."

"April..." I said, worried. "What are you thinking?"

She walked back to my closet and pulled out a pair of cut-off shorts. 

"No..." I whispered. "Its cold, April. I don't want to--"

"Shh, you do and you will! Throw it on. You'll also wear this." She handed me a lace crop top. "Hurry! Leo is probably on his way."

I laughed.

"It's Theo."

"Whatever." 

"Why are we even dressing up? I'm pretty sure we'll just go to the movies or something," I said.

"You always want to dress up. You never know when a cute guy will come along," she winked. "But, in your case, he's the driver so...you have to dress up. I may be there physically, but not emotionally," she smiled evilly. 

I shook my head and went to go change. 

"Oh my God! You are so f.u.c.kin gorgeous!" April screamed when I came out. 

I looked at the outfit and blushed. This was so not like me. I never wore anything this revealing before.

"April, I don't think---"

"Oh my God, Luce. Flaunt what your momma gave you!" she walked closer to me. "Tonight, just forget about that jerk's face, okay? Can you do that for me?" I nodded...but I didn't know if I could. 

"C'mon! Let me curl your hair and do your makeup!" April pulled me into a chair and took out her makeup bag. 

Ethan's POV

I was walking downstairs to get ready to go to a party tonight. It's time to drink this stress away.. especially without Lucille.

"Ethan, are you okay?" my mom stopped me. 

"Yeah, mom. Why wouldn't I be?" 

"Because of Lucille," she said, sadly. 

I looked at her in surprise. 

"Mom, she's just my tutor."

"I heard they took her off as your tutor now." I looked away. "Why would they do that? She was such a good tutor too."

"Yeah, she was amazing, but I don't know, okay mom? I'm going out with the guys. I'll see you later." I kissed her on the cheek and left. I did know why they took her off. It was because I was an asshole, but I couldn't tell her that. 

Lucille's POV

I stared at myself in the mirror. Woah. This was a whole new world for me. I never dressed like this before, but I liked it. I turned to April and she was grinning. I smiled. 

"Thanks, April, but isn't this too much?"

"Of course not. This is just right besides this is what best friends are for, to make each other look smoking hot. Oh wait, picture!" she took out her phone and we took a picture. 

The doorbell rang. 

"Oh, he's here!" April ran downstairs to open the door. I grabbed our bags and ran after her.

She opened the door. 

"Oh, you are cute!" I heard her say. 

"April!" I yelled. Theo was chuckling. 

"I was just stating the obvious!"

I shook my head.

"Sorry about her, Theo!"

"Its okay," he smiled with his pearly teeth. "This must be April"

"That's me!" she grinned at him.

"Theo." He stuck his hand out. She shook it.

"I hope you don't mind that she's joining us," I said, worried.

"Of course not. I actually thought of something we can do."

"Really?" I asked, surprised. 

He nodded.

"There's a party tonight."

My eyes opened wide.

"um.. no" I said, pulling April aside. 

"What?!" April shouted. 

"I don't do parties, April!"

"Well, tonight you do!"

"April, I will not..."

"Ethan is an ass remember?"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"He took advantage of you because he thought you were easy. You have to show him you're not. That you deserve someone way better than him."

"And how does going to a party help with any of that?"

"I don't know, but its a party. You'll meet a million dudes who can replace him."

"April, I'm not sure..."

"Well, you better be. C'mon!" she pulled my arms. "LET'S GO!" She walked towards the car. 

I saw Theo chuckle. 

April pushed me to shotgun so I ended up sitting in the front with Theo. She was too happy about that. 

"You look beautiful tonight," Theo whispered. 

I blushed. 

"Thanks..." 

"Just stating the obvious," he grinned.

I took a deep breathe. I'll be just fine at this party... I think. 

At the party

There was loud trap music blaring from the house. 

"C'mon, you guys!" Theo led. 

I skeptically looked towards April.

"C'mon, it'll be fun!" she assured me. 

When we got inside, I realized half the people there were people from my school. Oh no. I really hope Ethan wasn't here. 

"I'll go grab us some drinks!" Theo shouted. 

"Wait, I don't drink--" but Theo had already left. 

I sighed. 

April was looking around. For cute guys, probably. 

I was roaming the room when my eyes caught someone. 

Ethan. He was talking to a few of his teammates with a red cup in his hands. 

"We should go..."

"What are you talking about? We just got here..."

"April, this isn't my scene." I pulled her arm.

"C'mon, just enjoy the party!" she said, grabbing my hands to dance. 

I shook my head. 

"Ethan's here," I said.

"What?" 

"Ethan's here!" I shouted louder.

"Where?" she widened her eyes in surprise.

I twitched my head toward his direction as to not make it obvious. 

"Which one is he?"

"It doesn't matter.. can we just go?"

"No, tell me!"

I took a deep breathe. 

"White V-neck and jeans." Exactly what I was going to wear. 

"Oh my God. Thats him? That's the f.u.c.k boy?"

"April, please..."

"Fine, let's go find Theo."

We pushed through the crowd of people dancing. We spotted him in the kitchen pouring some drinks. We continued moving through the crowd, but then my eyes caught with Ethan's again. His eyes met mine. He just stared at me with this hurtful look in his eyes. This painful feeling starting rising in my stomach to my chest. I didn't feel good. 

"I'm going to go use the bathroom first. I'll meet you guys in the kitchen."

April nodded. I walked towards the bathroom. When I got to any empty hall, I felt a tug on my arms that pulled me back. I gasped to the face I was trying to avoid. 

"Lucille," Ethan's voice said, softly. 

I quickly pulled my arm away and continued walking, but as stubborn as before, he pulled my arm again. This time his grip was a lot more tight. I could not get rid of his hold. He looked behind him and pulled me into the bathroom. He locked the door. 

"Let go," I said angrily. He slowly softened his grip. 

"Lucille.. can we--?"

I pulled my arm away and slapped him as hard as I could. 

"Stay away from me!" I yelled. My eyes stung, and I felt the tears fall. Geez, why do I keep doing this to myself? I saw a painful look in his eyes. It was one that pulled my heart in such torture. I took one last regretful look at him, opened the door and walked out. 

As I walked back to find Theo and April, I met with Heather. 

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I tried to ignore her, but she pulled my arm tightly. 

"Don't ignore me! What? Are you trying to get with Ethan behind my back?"

I was shocked. 

She knows?

She scoffed.

"Thought you could be secretive, didn't you? What a loser." The tears were in full motion now. They were falling. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," was all I could say. 

"Please... you're not as smart as you think, Lucille. Or shall I say Loosy?" she laughed. I walked away. I couldn't stand there anymore. I wanted to leave. Leave from this whole world. I rushed to find Theo and April. When I got there, I was probably stained in tears.

"Lucille! What happened?" April ran towards me.

"Nothing.. let's just go." 

April looked at Theo and he nodded. We pushed through the crowds to get out, but Heather stopped us.

She stood in front of me, swung her arms, and met her hands with my cheek. It burned. I held onto my face. Everyone stopped to watch the scene. I wanted to close my eyes, and disappear. This wasn't happening. This was exactly what I didn't want when Ethan proposed his stupid deal. 

"You don't belong here. You will never belong here!" Heather yelled. 

Suddenly, April stood in front of me and the next thing I knew Heather was on the floor. April punched her in the face so hard that she lost her balance. I looked to April in shock. 

"Stop being such a b.t.c.h. Only b.t.c.h.e.s. slap other girls, w.h.o.re!"

April pulled my arm and we walked out the door. I caught a last glance of a pissed off Ethan.

We left the party. I never wanted to go back there again. In Theo's car, I sat in the back with April. She was holding tight onto me as I laid on her chest. My eyes were starting to hurt from all the crying, but the tears wouldn't stop. 

Ethan's POV

"What the hell were you doing?" I yelled at Heather after I pulled her out of the party. I was pissed off!

"What the hell was I doing? What the hell were YOU doing? Did you bring her here?"

"No, I didn't! You promised you wouldn't do anything to her!"

"Well, I guess we both broke our promise!" 

"I didn't break anything! Leave her alone!"

"I guess you can leave your scholarship alone too. Daddy will be happy to know there's one less candidate to judge," she said before she stormed off. 

My veins were showing. I was breathing heavily. I punched the nearby wall. I need to see her. I need to know if she was okay. I left the party and went to find her. 

Lucille's POV

We were back at my house now. 

"I'm so sorry, Lucille," Theo said, meekly. 

"It's okay," I assured him.

"No, its not. I didn't know that was going to happen" I moved my eyes to him. 

"Its okay, really," I said again. 

He wasn't convinced. 

"Why did she do that anyways?"

I curled my head back into April's shoulder. 

"It doesn't matter. She was a b.t.c.h. She deserved my punch," April said, angrily.

"Thank you so much of that..." I said, gratefully.

"No wonder he doesn't want her, what a h.o.e," April muttered. I giggled through my wet eyes. 

"Who's 'he'?" Theo asked. 

"He's no one now" I whispered. 

Ethan's P.O.V 

I parked a few blocks away from her house. There was a car in the front. 

Must be that dude she left with or the girl she was with... I've never seen that girl before .

After an hour, that kid finally left in his car, but I didn't see the girl they were with. Did he send her home alone? Did they spend that hour by themselves? I asked furiously. I gulped my saliva and took out my phone. I'll text her...or so I wanted to. I stared at my phone. I thought of all the things to say.. Hey. I'm sorry. Are you okay? I erased every line again and again. Finally, I wrote....

Lucille's POV

I was trying to sleep when I heard a buzz on my phone. April was asleep next to me so I tried to be quiet. I checked my phone and it was a text from Theo...

Hey, sorry about tonight again. I hope you get a good night's rest. 

My heart dropped. Deep inside I wished for it to be a text from Ethan... to tell me something, anything that he thought of me....I guess it was just false hope again. 

-----------------------

See? Yay, so much time on my hand to update for you guys to make up for those missing weeks! :) Enjoy! Let me know how you guys feel about this chapter and the progress. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 5.7K 27
Teenage Girl who Starts Her First day of School,as a Junior at Los Angeles High School. She has a Best Friend Whoms Name is Jacob,Jacob Fall. Theres...
12.7K 1.4K 40
Have you ever encountered mad love? No, not the kind with butterflies in your belly and a sweet thrill, or even the relationship between two loving h...
428K 12.8K 33
Seven years had passed since Skylar broke up with Ethan, yet she didn't find it within herself the power to move on. She didn't like how much he mean...
53.1K 1.4K 22
When 16 year old good girl Hollie moves schools she finds out the this school is completely different to her old one. But when she meets the school b...