Lips Do Lie

By sujal1fan

A story of two strangers when they meet on a trip to Goa. Nandini the naive girl next door cant handle her at... More

PROLOGUE
Chapter 2 - And We Meet Again
Chapter 3 - Confined Encounters
Chapter 4 - A Little More of Each Other
Chapter 5 - Eventful Evening
Chapter 6 - Steps To Each Other
Chapter 7- Finding Each Other
Chapter 8 - The Unknown Facts
Chapter 9 - On a Ride
Chapter 10 - First Hide Out
Chapter 11 - Run Is Not Fun
Chapter 12 - Essence of Pretence
Chapter 13 Chip and Chipmunks
Chapter 14 - Dodging Death
Chapter 15 - It is Time
Chapter 16 - Revelation Time
Chapter 17 - The End
Epilogue
NOTE

Chapter 1 - The Imperfect Timing

14.9K 707 84
By sujal1fan

I heaved a sigh of relief as he made his exit from the room. I never understood why it became so difficult to breathe at normal pace whenever he was around. I kept looking at the one direction and there were flashes in front of me. The one chance meet we had about six months back and his memories had occupied me since then.

It was 16th June 2015. Now I don't happen to remember the date because I met him but it was because I had topped my semester exams. I was a student of final diploma in mass communication from one of the best universities in Pune. My friend wanted a treat, nothing grand as such; it was more of a movie marathon at the Inox. Our otherwise mogambo hostel warden had given us late night permission and all we did through out the day was watch movies one by one on all the five screens and according to Iru short for Irawati Deshmukh my best buddy from college that's what film students do. Although I specialized in journalism and she was an audio visual student we had become best of friends since the first semester. She was family for me away from home.

Oh sorry I forgot to introduce my family. My family comprises of Appa, Mom and Rishab my younger brother. We are properly from Mangalore but my Dad is a research scientist at the AIIMS in Delhi and we had been living in the city ever since I was six. Mom is a Professor in Delhi University and Rishab is just a confused teenager. I had never lived away from family till I decided to take up my further studies in Pune. But it wasn't far that I was soon going to join them in Delhi with only one more semester to go and I would be back to the same world of love and affection.

Oops did I get a little carried away?? Family always make me emotional. So let's get back to where we were yes at the Inox. It was nine already and we were catching up with the last movie of the day - a horror flick. The mahaan Iru said we should save the best for the last. Horror movies were never a great idea for me but with Iru around I could never have my way. It was my treat and she insisted and I had to resort.

It was a proper PVR with some 30 odd seats of which I guess only 12-15 were filled which is why we didn't have a problem to get in even if we were 1o minutes late. The corner seats were already occupied by cuddly young couples. Guys have a special liking for horror movies with their girl friends not because they are macho or something but here they get more chances to get cosier to their girl friends in the name of easing their horror.

"Such cheapos these guys are!!! And these girls can they get any dumber??", Iru pin pointed a couple where the girl had almost shoved her face in the guys chest to save herself from looking at the weird monster on screen. I spared a chuckle at her comment and we proceeded to our seat. Did I forget to mention Iru is a hardcore feminist? And the mere mention of such guys could make her virtual tail set on fire.

We settled at our seats with two jumbo packs of popcorn and coke. But it was no sooner that I started feeling uncomfortable. The distorted faces on the screen were very disturbing, the sudden pop ups of headless bodies and scary faces were making it almost impossible for me to sit back and enjoy. How could people get entertained by watching such stuff?? I glanced at Iru who had almost set herself inside the screen with bulging eyes. She munched the popcorn at a dragging pace to let the horror feel sink in. It was disgusting to look at her with those expressions; it felt like there were two horror films going on one in front of me and the other by my side. I turned my face again towards the screen and now the little girl in the film was playing with a ball. She thumped it on the floor and it came back to her. The back ground score started getting intriguing to hint that something was going to happen and then suddenly SPLASH!!!

"What the hell Iru!!!", I muttered in annoyance trying to jerk the droplets of the sticky liquid. Out of excitement the girl had poured the full glass of coke on me.

"Oh sorry..I am sorry Nandini..I didn't realize I am really sorry", she gave an apologetically embarrassing look, "Go to the wash room and clean yourself"

"Come with me"

"Are you kidding me?? Now its so interesting I cant go even if my ass is on fire..please ..please go na..I swear I will make it up to you", she didn't even finish the sentence before her eyes darted back on the screen.

I couldn't just stand there and plead her to come with me, it was embarrassing. The rest of the viewers looked at me like I had disturbed them while they were making love. I muttered a few abuses and walked out. The sudden light was a little troublesome but it felt fresh to be out. It was late and not many people were around, I saw a few people running here and there but ignored them and proceeded to the washroom. The damp garment was too irritating. I locked the door and began cleaning the stains. I was wearing a white sleeveless kurti and the liquid on it made it a see through and with the water my red lingerie was clearly visible. How on earth am I going to dry this?? I shook my top desperately so let the extra water sprinkle out.

Suddenly I heard a screeching sound from one of the loo's. It had to be some other girl around there. I turned back for a moment to see no one and then got back to my tussle with my top. I was too engrossed with my struggle when I felt a heavy air behind me. I looked up at the mirror in front of me to find the answer.

There I saw the reflection of a man around his mid twenties. He was tall like very tall, lean and sleek, dressed in a blue blazer and denims. He had an attractive face with sharp features, his jaw line could easily slice the cheese, his dark eyes were a pool of intensity and what adorned his face was a mischievous smile. I wouldn't be overrating if I say he was drop dead gorgeous. I attacked my brain to remember if he was a movie star or something because he definitely looked like one. I was frozen at my place. I was so mesmerized that I couldn't even turn to look at him directly. My eyes were the only feature that moved up and down. I didn't want to miss a single detail of him to regret later when suddenly my eyes halted at one point- his hand- his blood stained hand. The sudden sight was enough to zap me out of the admiration world.

He waved his injured hand at me with a crooked smile to pull me out of the dumb found mode. I shuddered as I saw the blood dripping from his hand. It was his reflection that I was looking at through the mirror and it didn't give me the guts to meet the real eyes. What a contrast from the angelic face top the ghastly wound. A moment ago I was bowled over by his impeccable looks and now this.

I was already feeling dizzy unable to figure if it was his affect of the blood. I had to agree the sight of blood was enough to make my entire body wobble, the only reason I could never put myself to pursue medical even if Dad wanted me to. I withdrew my hands to my body as he approached nearer with slow steps. The sparkle in his eyes and chuckle on his lips were helping more in worsening my condition. He gave me the feel of the monster and myself as the prey from the film that I was watching a while ago.

I had to prove myself it was a bad dream. I pulled in all the confidence from every corner of my being and shut my eyes and turned around to break it. It almost took me an eternity to make that 180 degree move and just as I managed to open my eyes a little I found him right in front of me. My nose rubbed against his blazer, with my height I was somewhere midway till his chest. I hurriedly to a few steps back but was restricted by the wall behind me. After rolling my eyes at the floor for a good amount of time I finally looked up to meet the eyes..in real.

"Just a small cut you see", the pair of eyes were lent a husky yet debonair voice which just added to his charm and my anxiety. He had raised his hand now to show me the cut properly. The very moment when I should have been running for my life, I stood there in amazement. How could someone be so perfect??.

It was stupid but that was the question that hit me when I saw him first.

"Eh that color would have looked better if worn out", he remarked looking somewhere below my neck.

It didn't take me a life time to figure that he was talking about my red lingerie which was clearly visible through the wet garment. I quickly pulled the stoll from my neck and let it linger over my chest. His lips escaped a quick laugh as he saw me doing that. He had a child like laugh though.

"What are you doing in women's wash room??,", I somewhat fumbled out of embarrassment and shock. I was never in such a kind of situation before.

"You wouldn't believe if I say I was waiting for you", he said in a comforting tone.

"What??"

I looked at him carefully, waiting for him to talk further but he just gaped at me. He didn't look mesmerized but kind of lost. I never thought I was pretty enough that people would go speechless. He took slow steps towards me without blinking his eyes.

"You are so..so..so", he dragged and stopped with hasty breath and said in a seductive tone.

My breaths become uneven as he pressed himself against me. His sweet fragrance was raging havoc in my senses. I palmed the wall for support. His presence was so overwhelming that it was getting difficult to hold on. I had never been so close to any guy ever not even in my friends circle and here I had just met him. There was something about him that I couldn't just push through. I don't know if it was his looks or his engaging personality but whatever it was , it was giving me a hard time.

"Listen...let me go okay", I tried to be audible first and then sensible too.

"I didn't know I was holding you", he grinned smartly

I looked down unable to counter his looks at me.

"Hey listen ..you are beautiful", he raised his other hand and traced my cheeks to lips and back to cheeks.

I blushed into a tomato. It was the first time a guy was complimenting me with such intensity and I wanted to believe he was genuine. There was something about him that caught me off guard. Somewhere at the back of my head I knew he was not good not good for me at least but I was being driven by his charm. Every part of me knew that this wasn't right. I don't know him, I shouldn't let him be so close to me but why the hell wasn't I stopping him them. I know he was big too big for me but I could at least try to push him but I didn't.

"I am going to kiss you now", he fore warned in a soft tone with an uncontrollable urge. His eyes looked as if he was intoxicated.

My eyes widened in surprise shock and anticipation

"Now that look will make me kiss you harder", he warned me again.

My eyes softened immediately what if he actually meant it. He grabbed my waist and didn't waste any further time. He came in slowly and his lips touched mine tenderly. Shit!! it was awesome. I never thought this striking man would have such soft warm lips. He didn't trigger me to participate but did his part just about perfectly so perfectly that I couldn't help myself to respond within a fraction of a second. The sane part of my brain was continuously discouraging me. It wasn't wrong too. What the hell was I doing?? I was kissing a stranger that too a dangerous one may be but another part the stupid part was suggesting weird possibilities. What if he is the one- the one for you?? like in films or in mysterious novels. I didn't know someone kissing me could be this pleasurable. His nails dug around my waist and my hands tried to find support in him we were in between an intense kiss when there were loud bangs on the door. We separated immediately. He was grinning charmingly while I was flabbergasted.

"That must be for me", he said rubbing his lips and feeling my smudged lip color.

I tried to ignore him and moved towards the door when he suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him.

"Waise what flavour is this.. it tastes good", he asked inquisitively licking his lips.

I looked at him in amazement and tried to gulp his question down.

"Plu..plum rose", I replied in an almost inaudible tone. My lips quivered and he looked at them like he wanted to kiss them again. He left me immediately to proceed towards the door. I kept looking back at him as I reached the door and he had the same amusing smile on his face. The moment I opened the door I saw 2 men trying to barge in.

"Hang on ye ladies wash room hai..aandar kahan aa rahe hai??", I said guarding the door.

"Arey Madam we are looking for a guy a tall one in blazer and jeans", one of the men replied in an urgent tone

"Should I repeat myself that this is a ladies wash room..why will that supposed guy be here??", I darted back at them sternly . I quite had an idea about the man they were looking for but was clues why I was trying to save him knowing he could be at fault.

"Sorry Madam..hum woh"

"Now will you please leave before I complain against you people trying to invade?"

"No..no we are really sorry Mam.., "

The guys left and I wasn't sure if I wanted to turn back and count his expressions. I was myself unaware why did I do it?? It was more or less evident that they were looking for him only. But he couldn't be a criminal. My mind battled as I turned back to face him. He hadn't moved one bit from his position. What if the men just crossed me and got him. Why the hell am I thinking so much for this stranger?

"You seem to be confused?? ..About me??"

"Were these men looking for you??", I was a little unsure if I should be actually asking that to him.

He sniggered at my question, I didn't think it was that silly.

"How did you get that cut??, I again asked innocently when the sane part of my brain chided me how on earth is that your concern.

He didn't answer instead moved closer to whisper into my ears, "You are delicious". He rubbed his cheek against mine and bolted out of the door without a see you or a bye and I just stood there in shock and awe reminiscing what just happened. Hell!! It was my first kiss, not that I had fantasized about it but this was definitely not the way I wanted it. I didn't know him, there was a negligible possibility that I would see him again but this experience was definitely going to be arched somewhere in my memory. If not a pleasant memory not a bad one either. Suddenly I shook myself out of the trance; it was more than half an hour since I was there. I quickly stepped and found Iru walking hastily towards here.

"Where the hell were you Nandini?? What took you so long??", she snapped at me angrily.

"Amm..I was ..I was.."

"Leave it ..lets get out of her first"

"Why what happened??"

"There is apparently some problem here..some one has hit the manager pretty badly.. the cops are on there way..I heard some staff talking..its better we get out of here before the cops come.."

"Cops...is it something major", my fear was increasing in leaps and bounds. I wasn't wrong; I had felt something doubtful about him. He was a criminal and I kissed a criminal. The feeling was so disgusting and disturbing.

"Come on lets go from here..if we are caught at this hour..then the college..warden our parents everyone will be informed and we will be screwed", Iru didn't wait for my reaction and just tugged my hand and bolted out from there.

Yes that was how I met him first. Strange, uncertain and uncanny but the experience left me in a trance. I never discussed about it with Iru or anyone else but I would often think of him, wonder where would he be?? What he must be doing?? I thought it would fade away with time but it didn't. I would dream of him every other night with all sorts of weird depictions. Sometimes we kissed, sometimes he teased, sometimes we got intimate and sometimes even I initiated. How could he make such a deep impact on my subconscious mind within one meeting??

Comments Please

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 11.9K 35
ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader ΰͺœβ€βž΄α‘£π­© 𝑰𝒏 π’˜π’‰π’Šπ’„π’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
139K 566 36
PLEASE NO HATE! U READ THE TITLE IF U DONT WANNA READ DONT READ!
2M 106K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
263K 16.8K 81
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...