When It All Comes Crashing Do...

By itskourtniee_

"No, no, no! This cannot be happening!" My mother cried out. The funeral was last week, and now we are at the... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

168 6 4
By itskourtniee_

LET ME KNOW IF THE SLIDESHOW WORKS IN THE EXTERNAL LINK! I TRIED TO POST IT ON THE LAST CHAPTER, BUT I DID SOMETHING WRONG AND IT DIDN'T SHOW! PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES, I HAVEN'T EDITED THIS CHAPTER YET BUT I WILL!

Sandra’s POV

When I asked Alicia about her room being like an apartment, I felt her tense up. I didn’t want her to feel uncomfortable on our first day of meeting each other so I said, “You don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” But she replied, “No, no. It’s okay. I don’t know why, but I feel like I can trust you with this information so I’m just going to tell you.”

She began to tell me the story of her life, including the fact that she was raped. When she was done, I felt really sorry for her. She’s been through so much but she still manages to keep a smile on her face. “Wow, I’m so sorry to hear all of that.” I said. “Yeah, me too. But it is what it is. You have to promise me that you won’t tell anyone.” She pleaded.

“Who am I going to tell? I don’t have any friends.” I laughed and she laughed with me. “I don’t understand how you don’t have friends, you’re really cool!” She smiled. “Likewise, if the people you used to hang out were really your friends, they would have given you a chance to explain this mishap.” I said.

“Yeah, I guess so. Hey, can I get you something to eat or drink?” She asked. “What do you have?” “I have water and crackers. That’s all for right now!” She laughed. “I don’t even know why I asked that and I don’t have any food!” She chuckled. “Well, I’ll just take some water then!” I smiled.

Alicia’s POV

After telling Sandra about my past, I felt a lot better. I guess it is true when they say that speaking up about your problems helps you. I got Sandra and I some water bottles and went back to sit on the couch next to her.

“So, how does it feel to have a daughter?” Sandra asked me. “Well, I haven’t really gotten the full experience since she’s only one week right now. But, so far it’s been great!” I smiled. “I’m not trying to be nosey or anything, but what are you going to tell her when she grows up? What if she asks about her dad?”

“Honestly, I don’t know. I’m hoping that before she gets to that age of asking a million and one questions, that I would have found someone to be the father figure for her.” I said. I don’t want my daughter to grow up in this house, with this abusive man. And I refuse to let that happen.

“That’s a good plan and I hope that everything goes well.” She smiled. “Thank you!” “No problem. Hey, it’s getting late. I should get going. Can I have your number?” “Sure!” We exchanged numbers. “I’ll see you tomorrow though.” She stood up. “Okay, I’ll walk you out.” I said. Before we left, I put Bre in her crib and closed her room door. I then walked to my main door, shut it, and locked it with my key.

Sandra looked at me as if she were sorry for me. “It’s okay. We’ll be fine.” I smiled. We walked downstairs and she left. I ran back up to my room, unlocked the door, and then locked it again after I walked in. I sighed and sat down on my couch after grabbing my journal. I began to write a new entry…

Dear Diary,

                I’m scared out of my mind for my child. I don’t want to stay here in this house with Marcus. What if he hurts my baby? I have to keep her as safe as can be. I need to register her into daycare because she is not staying here with my mom if Marcus is going to be around. So far, Bre has been a good girl. She’s very quiet unless she’s hungry or needs her diaper changed. She’s such a beauty and I love her with all of my heart, already. Well, she’s getting fussy now. Goodnight journal.

I walked into her room and saw her squirming in her bed. I picked her up, grabbed her pacifier, and wrapped her in her baby blanket before turning off the lights and getting into my bed. “Do you want to watch tv?” I asked her. I turned the tv on Disney Junior since they have that twenty-four hour channel now.

Doc McStuffins was on and I began singing the theme song to Bre while tickling her. She laughed so hard that she began to cough. “Okay, baby.” I smiled as I picked her up and patted her back. She calmed down and I laid her back down next to me.

I wanted to put her on a schedule so that she wouldn’t go to sleep at different times. She would get used to eating, playing, taking a nap, and going to sleep at specific times. Towards the end of the end of the show, I began to rock her back and forth to put her to sleep. Just before the show was over, she was knocked out. I smiled at her and put her between me and a pillow, just in case if she decided to roll around, she wouldn’t fall off of the bed. I watched a little more tv until about ten o’clock.

A Few Hours Later

It felt like I had only been asleep for five minutes before I woke up to crying. I looked over and saw Bre wailing in tears. I looked at my phone and saw that it was almost three am. After that, I picked her up and walked around the room, rocking her softly. She calmed down a little but she was still crying. I walked into the kitchen and made her a bottle. After testing it on the back of my hand to make sure it wasn’t hot, feeding it to her, and rocking her back to sleep, I laid back down and went to sleep.

Later That Day: 9 AM

Shelly’s POV

I would have loved to spend more time with Bre last night, but I had to tend to Marcus. But right now, I’m going to Alicia’s room to help her with the baby. As I knock on the door, I hear footsteps coming towards me, then she says, “Who is it?” “It’s me Alicia!” I said. “Good morning!” She smiled at me as she opened the door. When I stepped in she locked it after me.

“Morning!” I said. “How are you?” I asked. “I’m fine and you?” “I’m hanging in there! How did Bre sleep last night?” I asked Alicia. “She did pretty well, she only woke me up once at like three. But after she fell asleep again, she didn’t wake up. I just woke her up to feed her again.” She said. “Oh okay. Nice place you have here!” I half smiled as I looked around. “Thanks mama. You know, I didn’t mean to basically lock you out. I just want to keep my daughter as safe as possible.” She sighed.

“No it’s okay.” I started “I completely understand. If I were in your position I would do the same. I want my grandbaby to be safe too!” I said as I took Bre out of her arms and sat on the couch. Alicia came and sat next to us. “I’m really proud of you Alicia!” I said. “For what?” She asked. “Because you decided to keep your baby, you’re still managing to do excellent in school, and you haven’t given up life. You just make me so happy! I’m glad you’re becoming a better woman than I am. You’re making your mama proud!” I smiled through happy tears.

“Don’t cry mama! It’s okay!” She half laughed as she wiped away my tears. “I love you Alicia!” I kissed her cheek. “I love you too mama!” She kissed my cheek. “And I love you!” We both said as we kissed each of Bre’s cheeks. She just giggled and smiled making us laugh.

It’s moments like these that I’m going to miss. I say that because I know Alicia plans on leaving California to move up North to become a journalist. I’m going to miss my baby girl, well now I have two baby girls. I’m going to miss them both.

3 Weeks

Alicia’s POV

Sandra has been coming every weekday to help me with my work. Over this time span, she’s become a really great friend. I thought she’d be stuck up because she has a higher rank than me, but she’s the complete opposite of what I expected.

There was a knock at the door and I got up to get it, but not before putting Bre on the floor on top of her baby blanket. When Sandra walked in Bre’s eyes lit up. Those two loved each other! “Hi baby!” Sandra cheered. Bre smiled and giggled as Sandra picked her up. I smiled and locked the door.

“You two are a trip!” I laughed as I sat on the couch next to them. “So how old is my baby now?” Sandra asked. “Correction, my baby is one month old now.” I laughed. “You’re getting so big!” Sandra cooed Bre. “What are you going to do with her? Since you’re coming back to school next week.” She asked me.

“Honestly, I don’t know. I was trying to see if I could put her in daycare because I don’t want her to stay here. But that costs money, I was going to see if I could get a part time job that would pay for it. I’m still looking though.” I said.

Sandra’s POV

Over these few weeks, Alicia has become one of my closest friends. I’ve only had one really close friend, but I had to move away when we got to the sixth grade. Ever since then, I never opened up to anyone. But after being assigned to tutor Alicia and getting to know her, she’s become my best friend. And I love little Bre to death. So I thought to myself, Why not let my mom watch Bre. She won’t mind. “How about you let my mom watch her? She’ll watch her for free!” I suggested.

“No offense, but I don’t know about that. I don’t know your mom and I can’t just leave Bre with anybody.” Alicia said. “That’s understandable. How about you guys meet her tomorrow?” I asked “Umm, sure! I’m not doing anything.” She replied.

“Great! We can meet my mom and if you think she’s okay, we can leave Bre with her and have a girls day!” I smiled “That sounds great! I haven’t been out of the house in forever!” Alicia exaggerated. I laughed at her outburst before beginning the lesson that I learned today at school.

The Next Day: 10 AM

Alicia’s POV

“Bye mom!” I gave her a kiss and walked to my car. I buckled in Bre’s car seat in the back seat then I put my purse and her diaper bag in the back seat. I got in the driver’s seat and pulled off to Sandra’s house, following the directions on my phone GPS.

20 Minutes Later

I pulled up to a fairly large sized house with three cars in the driveway. I texted Sandra letting her know that I was outside. I unbuckled Bre’s car seat and got her out of the car, grabbing my purse and the diaper bag as well before locking my car doors and walking up to the front door.

I didn’t even get the chance to ring the doorbell before a woman who looked exactly like Sandra, except she had brown hair, opened the door. “Hi, you must be Alicia!” She smiled at me before stepping aside to let me into the house. “That’s me!” I smiled before saying “And you must be Mrs. Price!” “That’s me!” She mimicked me in a friendly way.

She led me to the den before offering me a seat. I sat down and placed Bre’s car seat in front of me as well as our bags. Bre was still sleeping so she was quiet until Sandra came in and yelled out, “Is that my best friend?”

At first I thought she was talking about me, but then she reached in Bre’s car seat and took her out. I was kind of bummed, because she’s my best friend. But I guess I wasn’t hers. Oh well! I thought. But then she said, “How are you bestie!” She was looking at me. I instantly got happy because I’d finally found a best friend.

“I’m fine and you!” I smiled. “I’m good!” Bre began to whine a little because Sandra’s cheeriness woke her up. “You must really be her best friend because she hasn’t acted like this since she was in the fifth grade!” Her mom smiled. “Mom! You’re embarrassing me already!” Sandra groaned. I laughed a little. “Can I hold her?” Mrs. Price asked referring to Bre. I was a little hesitant, so I said, “Umm…”

A/N: Okay, the ending was very suckish! But I didn’t know how to end it soooo, there ya go! But awww they found best friends! What do you think Alicia is going to say to Mrs. Price? PLEASE comment and vote. AND TELL ER BODY INNA NEIGHBORHOOD TO READ, VOTE, AND COMMENT ON MY STORY! PLEEEEEAAASSSEEE! <3 you guys! FOLLOW ME ON IG @ITSKOURTNIEE_

Continue Reading