Walking in the Wind

By girlxalmighty

"but it's not the end, I'll see your face again..." More

Intro
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

23 0 0
By girlxalmighty

"You like Zayn?" I ask her, grinning and wiggling my eyebrows.

"Oh my god, stop, Cal!" She exclaims, covering her mouth and laughing. "Yes, I do, now shut up. You're the only person that I've told."

"Okay, fine," I grumble, smiling.

"So...can you do it?" Brooklyn asks hopefully.

"Do what?" I ask, grinning.

"Ugh, you know what I'm talking about, Calypso!" She exclaims.

"Do I?" I ask, eating some snacks.

"Yes, you do."

"Really?" I say.

She sighs, shaking her head. She knows my sarcasm can go a little far. She leans in and whispers, "Do you know if you can set me up with Zayn?"

I smile, laughing. "Yeah, yeah, I can do that," I tell her, smiling.

"Thanks, Calypso," Brooklyn says. "You're the best."

"I know I am," I say, both of us laughing.

- - - - -

The final bell rings, signalling that school has ended for the day. I quickly pack my things up from class and rush to my locker. I enter the combination and open up the door, putting all my books into it. I actually don't have any homework for the weekend, really. I finished up all my homework over lunch after Brooklyn had asked me to set her up with Zayn, and all my classes after that just let us do our homework in class. Lucky me.

I close my locker, and slightly jump when I see Harry standing right there. He laughs.

"That's not funny, Harry!" I exclaim, swatting him with my hand.

He laughs again. "Sorry, Calypso," he says, trying to smother a laugh.

"It was not funny!" I say, pouting. Suddenly, I have a bright idea. What if...

As he walks outside to the parking structure with me following, I stick my foot out in front of his legs, making him trip. I start laughing.

"Now that was just unfair!" Harry exclaims after he's recollected himself.

"No, but still funny!" I tell him, laughing.

"It wasn't!" He objects.

"Now you know how I feel, you little—"

I couldn't finish my sentence, because Harry decided it would be a good idea to just pick me up and run.

"Put me down, Harry!" I exclaim, clinging onto him for dear life.

"Nope!" He says, smirking, still running.

He reaches the car, and kisses me on the cheek. "Does that make up for it?" He asks, smiling.

"No," I reply, returning the smile.

He pouts. "What do I have to do to make up for that?"

I pretend to think about it. "Maybe you could give me a piggyback ride! A proper one though. Don't hold me like a baby, I feel like you'd drop me!"

"I would never drop you," he says, kissing me on the cheek once again.

"Promise?" I ask.

"Promise," he says, smiling.

"Please put me down now," I tell him.

"Kiss me first," he says, his cheeky side coming out again.

I roll my eyes, smiling. I kiss him on the cheek. "Can you put me down now?"

"I don't know, can I?" Harry asks, grinning.

"Come on, Harry!" I exclaim, laughing. "Please put me down now?"

"Okay, okay," he says, lowering me to the ground.

"Thank you," I say, kissing him on the cheek again.

"You're welcome, my love!" He replies, smiling. He opens the passenger door for me to get in, and I do. He closes the door, then walks to the driver's side to get in.

"Are you excited?" Harry asks me, starting up the engine.

"Yes!" I say. "I want to know where we're going!"

He laughs. "Well you just have to wait!"

- - - - -

Harry pulls up at my house.

"What are we doing at my house?" I ask him, confused.

"You need to wear something warm for where I'm taking you," he says, grinning.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask for about the thousandth time. I feel like such a child, but I ask my question shamelessly.

"I can't say, Calypso!" He says, grinning, killing the engine and getting out of the car to open the passenger door for me. I've learnt to just stay in the car and not open my door up until he does for me from experience.

"Okay, let's go inside and you can get all the stuff you need," Harry says as I step out, closing the car door afterwards.

We walk to my front door, and I unlock it with my keys. We step inside the threshold, and I close the door. We both take the walk up the stairs to my room, and I just flop onto my bed.

"Come on, Calypso," Harry says, opening my closet. He picks out a warm sweater, a beanie with a little pom pom at the top, and an infinity scarf from my scarf hanger on the inside of my closet door for me. He also takes out a pair of black combat boots for me. I watch Harry as he picks out an outfit for me.

"You know, I think you have a pretty good taste in fashion," I point out. "That's a good combination of clothes you have there for me."

"Really?" He asks, grinning, as he walks up to me and lays down the outfit next to me on the bed.

"Yep," I tell him, smiling. "You should just come over everyday and pick out an outfit for me. That'll be nice."

"But what if I pick a crazy outfit out for you?" He asks me, smirking.

"Then I can dress myself, thank you."

He laughs and walks back into my closet, looking at all the sweaters and jackets I've stolen from Harry. As he picks one out, I change from my school clothes into the outfit that Harry picked for me. I keep my jeans on, because I don't want to wear leggings today. And, also, it doesn't really matter if he sees me in my bra or not because he's seen me in my underwear before. And to be honest I wouldn't really care about it either.

Harry walks out of my closet and sits down on my bed. As I pull the sweater he's chosen for me on, he puts on the jacket that he chose for himself. I put the infinity scarf around my neck and pull the beanie onto my head, looking in the mirror as I do. I kick my converse off and pull on my boots.

"Ready to go now?" Harry asks.

"Yep," I reply, following him out my bedroom door.

We go to his car, and he starts driving.

"Where are we going?" I ask again.

He chuckles. "For the millionth time, Calypso, I can't tell you."

"How many times do I have to ask where we're going?" I ask him, laughing.

"As many times as you want. I will always say, 'I can't tell you' until we get there," he replies.

"Boo, you're no fun," I say, pouting.

"Am I now?" He asks.

"Yes," I say.

"My feelings are hurt, Calypso!" He exclaims, wiping a fake tear from his cheek. "Say sorry, and maybe I'll tell you."

I sigh, laughing to myself. "I'm sorry, Harry. Now can you tell me where we're going?"

"No," he says, grinning.

- - - - -

Harry pulls into the parking structure of a tea and coffee place.

"We're getting tea?" I ask him, smiling.

"That's the first part," he says, parking the car and turning the engine off. He goes through his normal routine: getting out of the car and then going over to my side to open the door for me.

I step out of the car, watching him as he closes the door, and we walk to the shop hand in hand.

He opens the door to the place and holds it open for me. I say a quick, "thank you," and he follows me in.

"What do you want to get?" He asks me as we both look up at the menu.

"I think I'll probably get a chamomile tea," I tell him. "I don't think I want to get really hyped up tonight."

"I think I'll get the same," he agrees.

We wait in line, and as soon as we reach the cashier, Harry orders for us.

"Two chamomile teas, please," he says. The man working the cash register nods his head and enters some stuff into it. He tells Harry the total amount, and he pays for us. I wasn't even thinking about it as we both received our drinks and sat down at a small booth that it hit me that he paid.

"You didn't have to pay for mine," I tell him, taking a sip of my tea. "I feel bad now."

"It's all fine," he says smiling. "I could spend hundreds on you and I wouldn't mind."

"But I just feel so bad that you had to pay for mine," I say.

"It's in the past, Cal. It doesn't matter now," he says, smiling. "It'll be fine, trust me. It's only a few pounds anyways."

"Okay," I say, giving in to his soothing words.

- - - - -

"So...care to tell me where we're going?" My annoying self asks once again.

Harry sighs, shaking his head and smiling. "Nope."

"Aw, come on, Harry!" I say, holding his cheek in my hand. "I've waited for like a hundred years!"

"And you have to wait some more," Harry says, grinning, his dimples showing. I poke one of them.

"Don't poke them!" Harry exclaims. "I don't like it when you do that."

"I don't like it when you don't tell me where we're going," I say back, smiling.

He sighs. "Fine. Do whatever you want because I'm not going to tell you."

I laugh at how easy it is for him to give in. I put my finger up against his cheek where his dimple is, and keep it there.

"What are you doing?" Harry asks me quizzically.

"I'm poking your dimple, what does it look like I'm doing?" I ask, smiling at him.

"You're weird," he says, smiling back, chuckling.

"But you love me," I say, removing my finger and leaning over to kiss him on the cheek.

"Yes I do," he replies, quickly leaning over to steal a kiss from my lips.

- - - - -

"Here we are!" Harry announces as he parks the car in a small parking structure.

"A park?" I ask him, unbuckling my seatbelt. "What do you have in mind, Harry?"

"I was thinking we could have a cool, laid-back kind of date," Harry says, smiling. "I think it'll be a nice change."

"That's very thoughtful," I point out as we both get out of the car with our tea. We walk towards the path that winds throughout the park with trees lining the sides of it, and, occasionally, a park bench on either side. It would be perfect in autumn.

We start walking on the path and hold hands, our tea in the other.

"So how are you on this chilly summer evening?" Harry asks as we walk in sync.

"I'm good; I'm very happy," I reply, smiling and taking a sip of tea.

"That's good," he says, a few people passing by us.

"How are you?" I ask him.

"I'm good!" He says, smiling. "I like this, walking with you. It's a nice alternative, don't you think?"

"Yes, I love it," I tell him. "It's the perfect date."

"I'm glad about that," he replies, smiling.

As we walk peacefully on the path, I watch the small children play on the playground. "It's nice to think about how when we were small, we didn't have a care in the world. All we wanted was happiness and friends to play with."

"Yeah," Harry agrees, watching the kids play on the playground with me.

We decide to take a seat on a bench, and carefully sip our drinks. A few people pass by, some of them taking a quick glance at us.

"Do you ever wish to be a kid again?" I ask Harry.

"Yeah, I do," he says. "I don't have to worry about as many things as I do now. I can be carefree and be able to do anything I want without being judged by anybody else. Sometimes I do wish that we were kids again, to be honest."

"Sounds like you've really thought about it," I tell him, nodding. "You must have a lot of free time."

"Not really, no, but I do think about it quite often. Probably too much, actually."

"I don't think you can think about something too much," I say, smiling. "It's like dreaming; you can never dream too much."

A few moments pass by. Harry finishes his tea, and soon after I finish mine. I start to get up to throw it away, but Harry interjects. "I can take it for you," he says, holding his hand out.

I put my hand in his. "You're such a gentleman, Harry," I say, pretending to swoon, standing up and laughing. He laughs too.

"You know what I meant, Calypso."

"I know," I say. "But I'd rather do it myself. It's mine, so I should be the one throwing it away. You don't have to do everything by yourself."

"But I want to do it," he says, going over to a trash bin and throwing his cup in there.

"Well, you can't as of right now," I say as I throw my cup in the trash bin too. We both walk back to the bench after.

"I like having these conversations with you," Harry says. "You just get so cute."

"And you get too gentleman-y," I tell him, poking his dimple (again). He rolls his eyes, smiling more.

"Your dimples are cute," I point out. "I wish I had some."

"Trust me, you don't," Harry says. "A lot of people touch them. It's weird."

"Well, I'm not weird, am I?"

He pretends to think for a moment. "Yes, you are weird. And I like that about you." He throws his arms around me, snuggling his face into my neck. I wrap my arms around him tightly.

"I love you," Harry mumbles, his voice a little muffled by my hair.

"I love you too, Harry," I say, smiling. I kiss the side of his head.

- - - - -

We start walking around again; it is around 8:00 PM.

"When do you want to go home?" Harry asks me, looking at my face.

"I don't really care what time," I tell him. "Do you know if I can go home with you?"

"I mean sure, if you want," Harry says shrugging. "I know my parents won't mind or care."

"I just have to tell mine, and I'll be all good."

"Okay," he says, smiling. "I'm looking forward to going home and spending more time with you."

"I am too," I say as I take my phone out from my back pocket. I text my mum, and I soon get a reply; she says yes.

"I can stay over," I tell him, smiling.

"That's great!" Harry exclaims, grinning.

"You're so cute, Harry," I say.

"You are too though, not just me," he replies, kissing my cheek.

I look at all the people that pass by us, walking the other direction. I'm surprised at how many people are still out here. They're mostly elderly and couples, but still, there are quite a lot of people out here.

"Do you ever wonder how other people's days go?" I ask Harry.

"No," he replies. "I've never thought about it until now, now that you mention it."

"It's interesting," I say. "How have others experienced this day? Was it horrible? Was it their best day of their life? Was it just a lazy day, watching movies and snuggling up on the couch? Everybody has experienced every day differently, and it's really interesting to think about."

"Now you have me thinking, Calypso," Harry says, smiling. "I like this side of you. It's very thoughtful and full of wonder."

"I like it too. It has me thinking—probably too much, though."

"You've just contradicted yourself, Calypso," he tells me. "Just like what you said a few hours ago: you can never think too much. You don't want your life to be boring; you want it to be full of adventure and wonder and curiosity."

"I should be Curious George," I say jokingly.

"You'd make a really funny one," he says, laughing.

"I'd make a cool one, actually," I reply.

"How so?" Harry asks, smiling.

"I don't know," I say. "I just will be."

He laughs. "You're weird."

"But you're weirder!" I exclaim. "You're a weird ass white boy."

Harry laughs, throwing his head back. "This is what I like about you Calypso; you can make me genuinely laugh."

I smile. "Thank you. I—"

Just then, someone cuts me off. It's a feminine voice, fairly familiar and annoying. "Why didn't you call me back, Harry?"

-*-*-*-

AN ~ Ooooh, cliff hanger. Do you guys know who it is? (you guys probably do, haha)

Also, it's Louis' birthday !! He's 24 today ! My smol louis is another year older today 😭❤️

I hope you guys liked this chapter ! (: Please vote, comment, and/or share ! I'd appreciate it a whole lot ! (: x

- girlxalmighty xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

800K 29.8K 105
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
64.1K 1.3K 47
*Completed* "Fake it till you make it?" A messy relationship with a heartbroken singer in the midst of a world tour sounds like the last thing Lando...
76.9K 1.8K 33
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...
308K 9.2K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...