Give Your Heart A Break (Tony...

By ro7137

Riley O'Conner is a top class secret agent who you don't wanna mess with. She is a troublemaker, stubborn, ca... More

Chapter 1: The Bet
Chapter 2: New Mission
Chapter 3: The Promise
Chapter 4: So Close!
Chapter 5: Sparks
Chapter 6: Riley's Past
Chapter 7: Clubbing
Chapter 8: Would He Be Worth It?
Chapter 9: Would She Be Worth It?
Chapter 10: First Date
Chapter 11: Tesseract
Chapter 12: Phil
Chapter 13: This Is Going To Be A Hard Decision
Chapter 14: Tony or S.H.I.E.L.D?
Chapter 15: Germany
Chapter 16: Thor
Chapter 17: Finding Out
Chapter 18: Argument
Chapter 19: Argument Part 2
Chapter 20: Phase 2
Chapter 21: Attacked in the Helicarrier
Chapter 22: Confession
Chapter 23: I Am The Element
Chapter 24: Fighting Chitauri
Chapter 25: Missile
Chapter 26: It's Time To Go Home
Author's Note
Chapter 27: 1999, Switzerland
Chapter 28: Anxiety Attack
Chapter 29: Aldrich Killian
Chapter 30: Unexpected Guest
Chapter 31: Gotten Out of Hand
Chapter 32: Maya Hansen
Chapter 33: Attacked
Chapter 34: Tennessee
Chapter 35: He's Alive
Chapter 36: Captured
Chapter 37: Fake Mandarin
Chapter 38: Ziptied on a Bed
Chapter 39: Barrels of Monkey
Chapter 40: Almost There
Chapter 41: "She Was Already Perfect"
Chapter 42: Arresting Mexican Drug Dealer
Chapter 44: Facing Trent
Chapter 45: Cheating???
Chapter 46: Proposal
Chapter 47: Taken
Chapter 48: How Is He Still Alive?!
Chapter 49: Its All My Fault
Chapter 50: New Enemies
Chapter 51: Waking Up
Chapter 52: Phone Call
Chapter 53: Heartbreak
Chapter 54: Tears
Chapter 55: This Is It
Chapter 56: Too Late
Chapter 57: It's Time To Go
Sequel Sneek Peek
Sequel

Chapter 43: Talks

3.1K 83 10
By ro7137

Chapter 43: Talks

Riley's POV

After I changed into some more comfier clothes, Tony and I made our way to the conference room. We see Fury and Jake waiting for us.

"It's about time you two,"  said Fury as Tony and I sat down.

"Oh shut up Fury, you're usually the last one who shows up in meetings." I said making him roll his eyes.

"I didn't call you here to make remarks, Agent O'Conner." Said Fury with an irritated voice.

"Well I didn't come here to waste my time, sir." I said sassily, crossing my arms over my chest.

Tony snickered and Jake simply smiled.  Fury shook his head.

"Getting back to business." He said impatiently.

"Agent Williams has managed to track down Trent and his base."

I turned to Jake and he smiled and nod. I froze. I didn't know what to actually feel.

"His base is located in a small town named Kingsville in Texas. It is believed to be underground. I wanted to wait for Riley so her and I can destroy the base." Jake informed us.

"So you're dragging her to something you're not 100% sure about?" Questioned Tony.

"I know how much this means to Riley. I know she would probably want to destroy them herself." Reasoned Jake.

"If you really do know how much this means to Riley, then you wouldn't drag her there. Did you even see how broken she looked just by hearing Victor Trent's name?" Said Tony raising his voice.

I squeezed his hand to calm him down. He was right but a part of me really wants to go and destroy Trent. How can I even face him when I can't even stand hearing his name?

"She's not a little kid anymore, Tony. We all know that she is more than capable of taking care of herself." Jake argued back.

"Jake is right, Tony. We need Riley in order to complete this mission." Said Fury.

I actually forgot he was still here.

"Fine but I want to join," said Tony.

"We can work with th-" Jake cut off Fury.

"No we can't, sir. I'm afraid that Tony can't go, it'll be easier to get in the base with just Riley and I. We can't sneak inside with a robotic suit with us." Objected Jake.

"You know, I really think that you're just jealous because she's mine and not yours." Snapped Tony.

"I've known her longer than you have. So know where you stand, asshole." Jake snapped back.

Tony opened his mouth to say something but I beat him to it. I stood up.

"Stop it you two! This is nonsense. You two shouldn't be fighting over this!" I exclaimed sending glares to both Jake and Tony.

I took a deep breath.

"Just to shut everyone up, I'll make the decisions. Tony is going with us." I looked at Jake when I said this and he just rolled his eyes.

Jake stood up from his seat and left the room, slamming the door shut.

"What's his problem?" Muttered Tony.

"I'll talk to him," I said.

Tony nods and I left the conference room. I went straight to Jake's office. I didn't bother knocking. I entered his office and slammed the door shut. He just simply looked at me.

"What is wrong with you?" I exclaimed.

"What is wrong with me? Nothing! What is wrong with you, Riley? We're partners, we use to do missions like this with just the two of us." I shook my head.

"That's not you, Jake. I know that's not the reason why you acted that way 2 minutes ago." I said.

He scoffed.

"Why else would you think I acted that way?" He asked.

I clenched my jaws.

"Because you're jealous," I told him.

He closed his eyes and shook his head. I walk up to him and placed a hand on his arm. He opened his bright blue piercing eyes to look at me.

"I'm sorry Jake but I love Tony. You and I... We're never going to be more than best friends." I said softly.

For a split second, I saw his eyes tear up a bit but he quickly blinked them away.

"I know that and I'll never break you two apart... I promise," he said.

I smiled.

"Thank you," I muttered as I wrapped my arms around his torso.

I miss my best friend. He wrapped his arms around tightly around me. We pulled away.

"Is it true?" Jake asked.

"Is it true that you're still affected when you hear Trent's name?" I sighed but nod.

"You know, your father deserves to know about this," he added.

I felt my blood boil. I shook my head.

"He doesn't deserve to know anything about this." I said coldly.

"Okay. So when are we actually destroying Trent and his base?" He asked changing the subject.

"Tomorrow, I wanna get it done as soon as possible." I answered.

He nods his head.

*Later*

"How was your meeting?" I asked Tony.

We're currently on our way home, Tony's driving.

"It was boring, like always. I think I dozed off," Tony said with a sheepish smile.

I rolled my eyes. Typical Tony.

"Anything new?" I asked him.

He scratched the back of his neck. Okay. Something is up. He only scratch the back of his neck when he's nervous or he did something bad, in some cases its both.

"Tony, what did you do?" I asked him like he was a little kid who's in trouble.

"I made Pepper part time CEO of Stark Industries." He told me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Pepper?! Are you fucking kidding me. Out of all people. I was the CEO of Stark Industries for a bit but I had to quit because of my missions in SHIELD. I felt my blood boil.

"You've got to be kidding me," I said running a hand through my dark hair.

He started to slow down the car and eventually parked near a park. I got out of the car and took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry," said Tony as he got out of his car.

"You should've at least warned me. You know, I ran that company as well." I said, crossing my arm over my chest and frowning.

"Honey, we're both so busy. I can't pull you back into the company again, it's not fair for you. But I can't run the company 24/7." He tried explaining.

"And out of all your employees, you chose HER?" I asked in disbelief.

He took both my hands and gave it a comforting squeeze.

"Her and I might've had a rough relationship back then but she was my good friend at one point, and I think that she totally gets that I love you... And only you." He said pulling me closer to him and looking directly at my eyes.

"Do you trust me?" He asked me.

I just stared in his chocolate brown eyes and I smiled. I nod. I trust Tony not Pepper. I just have a bad feeling about that woman.

"Good, because you have nothing to worry about," he said giving me a peck on my forehead.

He wrapped his arm around me.

"Wanna walk?" He asked with a goofy smile.

"Of course," I smiled.

He held my hand and we started to walk. I see children running around and playing, other couples also walking around, and families having picnics. I smiled at the view. It's so nice and peaceful.

"What're you thinking about?" Asked Tony.

I turn my eyes back to him.

"Nothing. I just like how it's so nice and peaceful here." I said.

He nodded agreeing with me.

"Have you ever thought of retiring from SHIELD and having a nice normal life?" Tony asked sounding curious.

I bit my lip. I haven't really given it much thought until now.

"I don't really know. I love my job, I love helping people out and capturing bad guys. But it does put a lot of people who I love in danger." I said.

We stopped walking and sat down under a tree. Tony wrapped his arms around me and I laid my head on his shoulder. We watched the kids play. Oh how I wish I was still a small kid who doesn't have to worry about anything.

"How many do you want?" Asked Tony out of nowhere.

I looked at him and gave him a questioning look. I don't know what he meant by that.

"How many kids do you want?" Tony smirked.

I bit my lip and thought about it.

"About 2 or 3 something like that." I answered.

"Really just 3?" He asked.

"Well how many do you want?" I asked with a scoff.

"The more the better," he said as he winked at me.

I rolled my eyes. This guy.

"But you're the boss. I'll just grant everything that makes you happy." He said.

He pressed his lips on my forehead. Words can't explain how much I love this man. Being with him is like living in a perfect dream. I just hope that this dream will never end.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 7.4K 27
CURRENTLY BEING EDITED "Take a good look at me now. Do you still recognize me? Am I so different inside? This world is trying to change me, and I adm...
494K 16K 48
Being kidnapped is bad, being kidnapped when you are an undercover shield agent is worse, but when you are kidnapped from a underground bunker while...
2.7K 92 48
"𝘉𝘶𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘰𝘸? 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘰 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘯𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘧�...
245K 4.3K 26
Serena Ace is a doctor at SHIELD. She manages to keep her secret under wraps as she works at SHIELD. That is, until Loki decided to try to destroy th...