Hiding My Heart

By J_abbis

Deidre -Dee- Johson has had a rough life. A mother who is a drunk, a father who ditched out on her and her br... More

Hiding My Heart
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epliogue
Bonus - We Owned the Night
Authors Note on Sequel

Chapter 41

16.9K 473 30
By J_abbis

I moan and stretch my arms over my head, cracking my back as I sit up blinking in confusion. I'm on the couch with a light blanket lying on my lap. I blink and look around the empty living room. Feeling my phone jam against my hip bone I grab it and switch it on looking at the time. One o'clock.  

Seven hours passed already? Not even a second ago I was crying with my mom sitting on the couch, talking. But did we really talk? My head was pounding just slightly and it felt as if I had been ran over by a truck.  

"Oh you're awake." I look up at the sound of my mom's voice. She holds a bottle of pills and a glass of water in her hands. 

I nod still confused until everything came back to me. After I arrived home and I found myself in my mom's arms I had cried myself to sleep. The exhaustion and only a few hours of sleep had taken over and I ended up falling asleep on the couch. 

I watch as she comes into the rest of the living room placing the bottle of pills and water on the table in front of the couch. 

"I brought some medicine; you used to always get bad headaches after you cry, just like me." She says embarrassed a little. 

I nod my head in thanks and grab the pills and taking two, washing them down with the water. We are quiet after I finish, neither of us speaking. I know I've waited for this day, I needed answers but I didn't know how to ask. After the argument with her in the first place that drove me out of my house I didn't know how to go about things. 

"You know you can ask anything right?" She says softly. "I don't want to keep things from you anymore." 

"Are you drunk right now?" I ask looking at her sharply. I didn't want to talk to her if she was drunk, I needed her sober if I was going to get my answers. 

She looks surprised at my question but composes herself a second later. "I haven't touched a beer since you've been gone." She says. 

I narrow my eyes in doubt, searching her face. Even though she too looked exhausted I couldn't smell any alcohol on her breath or even around the house. Her eyes weren't red; they were more alert than anything.  

I bite my lip and nod. "Why didn't you just tell us?" I finally ask. "Brayden and Natalie-" I break off. 

She looks down at her lap in guilt. "How do I tell a young child that their real father didn't want them? Natalie was six when Joey came into our lives, and when she called him daddy... I didn't stop him. He told her that he was her father, Brayden's too. He knew that I didn't want the kids to know about their real fathers. Because their real fathers didn't want anything to do with them, they were abandoned and never tried contacting them. He knew I didn't want that for them, he vowed to be the best father to them he can." 

"And when he left... I was too scared to tell them. Scared that they would hate me and try to find them. I didn't want them to be disappointed at who their fathers were. The last time I checked Natalie's father was in prison and that was when she fifteen, I don't think he's out yet. And Brayden's father has a family of his own, kids of his own, living the perfect life. I actually contacted him after Brayden was born; he told me he wanted nothing to do with Brayden, that having a child out of wedlock would look bad on him. His parents told him to never contact me again or he would lose his trust fund. Stupid I know. I can't tell them that one of their fathers is a criminal and chose money over him. It's not fair."  

I sigh and look at my fingers in my lap. "Are you ever going to tell them?" 

I look at her this time watching her closely as she answers. He shoulders sag and she hangs her head. "I have too; it's the right thing to do. I've already kept so much from them and I don't want to have you to also. I don't want you to feel as if I put my problems off on you. I wish you didn't find out like that." 

I sit back on the couch even more and rub my temples. We are quiet for a moment. I didn't really know what else to say on this matter. Seeing my hesitation on continuing she starts talking.  

"I never regretted my decision on keeping your siblings even when both their fathers wanted me to get an abortion. They were the only thing that kept me going once their fathers both left. I never want you to think that things are going to change between you guys because it won't. You are still siblings, half but still siblings. I don't want this to change your relationship with them. I know it's not fair that I didn't tell you but I was afraid." 

"Did you mean the things you said in the letter? That it was ok to hate you?" I whisper. 

She sighs and looks down at her lap at this. "Yes. I know I always talked about getting you and your siblings away from him. I truly believed that if we left or if he left then we would be free. That I would continue on, that I would still be the same mother to you guys. Protect you and provide for you." She shakes her head in disappointment. 

"I wrote those letters to all of you when you were all little. I just had this feeling that if he left I wouldn't be the same. I didn't realize that it would get this bad, but it did and I just knew you all hated me. Brayden can't even stand to be in the same room as me but he still stays, for you. Because he knows that I can't provide for you. It's ok if you hate me too. I deserve it; I wasn't much of a mother to you for the past nine years." 

I look up at her and shake my head. "We could have left you know. Brayden and I," I look at her. "When Natalie moved away for college she wanted us to come with her. But we didn't, we didn't go with her every time she came for a visit and tried to convince us to leave. I couldn't do that though. I don't hate you mom, I'm disappointed in you and pity you, but I don't hate you. I've never hated you. Brayden and Natalie don't understand but I do." I sigh knowing I had to tell her. 

"I understand why you did what you did. I didn't at first but that's because I didn't understand how the whole mate thing works. But finding my mate and thinking if I ever lost him... I probably would have done the same thing." 

"You have a mate?" She whispers her eyes wide and I nod. 

"Preston. But that's not the point; the point is I understand how the bond works. And I don't hate you for it. I already forgive you mom." 

She bites her lip and exhales a slow breath. "You have no idea how good that is to hear."  

I scoot to her and pull her into a hug. She breathes in and makes a soft sound in the back of her throat, as if trying to hold back tears. I rest my head on her shoulder. I know that we still have a lot to talk about and fix things but it feels good to hug my mom again. I've missed this the past few years. 

After a while I pull back and see her wipe her cheeks and eyes with the back of her hand. 

"Mom?" I ask quietly. "Can I ask you a question?" 

She nods her head and looks over at me. "Of course you can." 

"Is Joey back?" I whisper. 

Her face scrunches up in pain at the sound of his name and her hand instantly goes over her heart, rubbing it as if she got stabbed. She looks like she isn't going to tell me. 

"I have to know, I have a right to know." I say after a whole of her not saying anything. "It's important that you tell me." 

She bites her lip and nods. "He's back; he's been back for a while now. I wasn't so sure; the bond between us was weakening because of the alcohol we both consumed. It was fuzzy at first that I didn't even feel him until the day before Christmas." She looks away. "I thought I had seen him that day but I wasn't sure until I felt it. Then I said those things..." She trails off. 

"I thought he would have left that if he saw how normal you were that he would have lost interest in you. But he came back and cornered me one night after work. He tried to get me to go with him but I wouldn't, I was too afraid and he hit me-" She pauses and wipes away more tears. "I was lucky this guy came out and stopped your father. He told me he was coming for us..."  

"Why didn't you tell me?" I whisper with a sigh. If only she told me I would have found out sooner.... 

"I just wanted you safe and I thought that if he saw that you hadn't changed he would have left. I still wanted to protect you, I was stupid though. Even after I came home I wanted to go find him again..." 

I nod and get up, pacing the floor as I heard my phone buzz in my hands. I look down and see it's Preston. I ignore it as I turn to mom.  

"Do you know what he wants with me?" I ask. 

She shakes her head no. "No he never told me, just said his family would be together once more." 

I sigh and rub my eyes. So I didn't really get anywhere with this. "He's planning on taking me on my birthday. I've got some information on his plan but not enough." I finally say. 

I hear her intake of breath. "How-?" 

"My ex-boyfriend told me. I also need to tell you that I plan on reuniting with my wolf, Preston and the pack are going to help me." I say quietly. 

She nods as if she already knew my decision. "I know, and it wasn't fair for me to drink that drink but... I just wanted what was best for you." 

I shrug. "It's ok mom, I'm over the anger now. I just needed to tell you." 

She nods her head and my phone buzzes once more. I sigh and look at it Preston. "Do you need to answer that?" She asks. 

"I'm sorry." I say and answer the phone. "Hello?" 

"Dee? Where are you? Are you going to make it into school today?" He asks making me sit on the chair. 

"No, I'm sorry. I should have texted you but I was really busy." I sigh into the phone. 

"Are you alright? You were gone before any of us woke up; did you take care of everything you needed?" 

I bite my lip at this. "Sort of, I actually need to talk to you after school." I mumble. 

"Uh-oh, am I in trouble?" He asks. 

I give off a light chuckle before answering. "No, I just need to talk to you, it's important."  

"Alright, did you want to meet at my house or-?"  

"Your house, I still have to pack my bags and everything." 

He sighs into the phone. "So you're really going back home?" He sounds so put out it makes me smile sadly. 

"Yes, I promised Brayden that I would be home today. I just need to be around him now that I have everything sorted out."  

"Fine, I'll let you go, just this once." He growls out playfully making me smile even more. 

"Oh please, you were getting tired of me." I tease back before I hear the bell on the other side of the phone. "I'll talk to you later; you have class to get to." 

"Alright, I'll see you around Dee." He says before I hang up. 

"Preston?" Mom asks making me jump at the sound of her voice. 

I smile sheepishly. "Yes." 

"He's the one that was over for Christmas right?" She asks and I nod my head. 

"Yes, he was." 

We are quiet for a moment, neither of us knowing what to say. She finally sighs and get up from the couch. 

"Where does this put us mom?" I ask quietly knowing that she was done with the conversation, we made our peace. 

She looks down before up at me. "I can't be the same mother I was before Dee, not now. I know we still have things to talk about and we both have to heal of the things I put you through. You forgave me and I love you for that, but I have to forgive myself too for being such a bad mom. There are no excuses for my behavior. But I want to gain your trust again; I want to be in yours and Brayden's and Natalie's lives again. It's going to take so much work with them; I know it's not going to be easy." 

"I want to get to how I used to be, but it's going to take time. We will start slow; I'll sober up and have meals with you and Brayden again. I promise that I won't touch a beer from today on." 

"And your job?" I ask quietly. 

"I'll put more effort in. I don't want to wallow in self-pity anymore." She says. 

I stay quiet as her words sink in. I nod after a few minutes of silence. "Ok then, we can start over and I will help you. I love you mom." I say getting up and going to her, hugging her tight to me for a minute before pulling away. "Time to flush the alcohol away." I say and move to the kitchen where she keeps the alcohol. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................... 

I successfully got rid of all the alcohol in the house. There was a lot in the kitchen, in her room and even in the attic, how I didn't find those are beyond me. But I tracked down each and every can and bottle and flushed them down the toilet.  

And now, here I am at Preston's house waiting in his office for him to come home from school. I arrived early just so I could rid myself of my nerves and practice my speech one last time. I had grabbed my family's history out from my room and bookmarked the pages that I thought were important even though I haven't read through it all. I don't even think Joey wrote in this book, if anything he would have got himself a new book to write things down since this book didn't have too much pages left to fill. 

Jamie let me in surprised to see that I was out of school so early but she didn't question me. Which was good, really good. Pacing back and forth I eyed the clock then the door, Preston should be here any second. Counting in my head I almost cried out in surprise when I saw the door handle move. 

He walks in carrying his backpack, his eye brows scrunching up in confusion and he looks tired. I felt a little bad since I'm going to spring something this big on him but he needS to know. My birthday is so soon I didn't want to take a risk and wait another day. When he sees me his expression clears up and his frown turns into a bright smile. 

"Hey you," He says softly as I launch myself in his arms.  

To tell you the truth being away from him today was hard and it sucked. I've gotten so close to him the past few days that it hurt to be away from him. I can only imagine my feelings for him will get bad after he claims me, and I mean never ever leaving his side for a few weeks. 

"Hey, how was school?" I ask softly. 

He shrugs. "Boring, we had an assembly on the trip though so that took up the last half of the day." He says moving us so we sat on the couch, me on his lap. "But I got a lead on Katy, one of our trackers said they caught her trail in the woods the other day, but no one else's. We'll follow her next time so we can get a location on that prick." 

I nod and swallow. If she slips up then this would be perfect. Preston will know it's my father who wants me, we will get their little rat and we can force them to leave. Perfect. 

"But enough about that, I want to know how your day was. And are you alright?" He asks softly moving my hair from off my shoulder making me shiver. 

"Well-" I cut off when his hands snake down my back and start rubbing circles. This wasn't going to work. 

"Where are you going?" He pouts as I slide off his lap and on the seat next to his. 

"You're distracting me and what I have to tell you and show you are important." I say getting up real quick and grabbing the book. 

Taking a deep breath I move back to the couch and hand him the book. And the pictures I had found. He looks at them quizzically and then up at me. 

"What am I looking at exactly?" 

I release the breath I was holding. "That is my father." I point to the picture of my father and Joey. "And that is Max Manson." I point to Max. "The same guy who has been recruiting rogues, both Robin and Gavin has identified him." I say softly looking away from him. "I know who the alpha of the rogues is." 

Without a word from him I launch into my theory and everything I have learned last night and today, not once taking a break and letting him speak. He sits quietly as I explain and show him the passages of my ancestors and the pictures and what Gavin and Robin had said to me last night to my talk with my mother knowing my father was back. Everything that I knew. 

After I was finished he takes a deep calming breath and asks, "And you're sure?" 

I nod. "Robin and Gavin both identified him, and what my mom said... it's all adding up." I whisper back. 

He closes the book, putting the pictures in it as well and clenches his hand in his fists and then stopping. 

"But why does he want you? I thought he hated half breeds-?" 

"I don't know, I wish I did but I don't. He wants me to help him with the high council that's all I know, nothing more.  

We are quiet for a moment and I entwine my fingers with his. "What are you thinking?" I whisper. 

He looks over at me and cracks a small smile my way. "About what an amazing women you are and how I don't want you leaving this house at all the next few days." He says so seriously I swallow. 

"I have to go home Preston, I promised Brayden-" 

But he shakes his head no. "I need you here Dee, it's the only way your safe. I can keep a better eye on you and-" 

"I can't Preston; I've been gone from my house for too long." I protest. 

"But he can find you there! Your birthday is coming up soon; he can sneak in at the middle of the night and take you-" 

"You have your guards up by my house for months now and he hasn't slipped by. He may be desperate to get to me on my birthday but he's not stupid enough to try to attack my house in the middle of the night." I point out then sigh. "Look, I'm not saying it's not dangerous because it is, but I'm not going to leave my brother and mom there. It's just as dangerous for them as it is for me. I need to go home. You can triple on guards by my house if that makes you feel better but I'm not staying here." 

He thinks about this for a moment, his face scrunched up in pain as he comes to a conclusion before smoothing out and a smile coming to his face.  

"Alright, fine you can go home, but on one condition." He says making me groan. 

"Preston come on." I groan but he looks at me with an even look and I sigh and wave my hand, "Continue." 

He smirks at me and wraps his arms around me, pulling me close. "I get to stay at your house." 

I blink in surprise at him. "As in in my room?" I ask making him chuckle before going straight faced. 

"Yes." 

"But my mom! Brayden will never allow that, he may be cool with you and like you but he would never let you sleep over." 

"Who says he has to know? Just leave you bedroom window unlocked and I will sneak in once you go to bed." 

I just look at him debating this through. "I don't know." I say slowly. 

"Then you're not leaving-" 

"Fine, fine, but if we get caught I will not stop him from kicking your a_s and taking his toy gun and threatening you." I say making him laugh. 

"That's fine with me, just as long as you're safe." I roll my eyes and he gets serious this time. "I'm going to talk to Robin and Gavin see if I can get anything new or more out of them once I explain things to them. I'll also need to call other packs and..." He rambles on about all this other stuff he has to do and I feel sorry for him. He looks tired and shaken. 

"I should go..." I say softly after a while. "You have a lot to do and I don't want to get in the way."  

He shakes his head and pulls me back to him when I try to get up. "No, I don't want you to leave just yet. Please." He begs, I look into his blue eyes and feel myself melting. "I'll drive you home at a reasonable time. But please, I need you by my side for a few hours." He looks embarrassed to be admitting this but it makes me smile. 

I nod and let him pull me in for a quick kiss before he went to his desk and got everything ready. I sigh and grab my family history book, looks like I'll need to be entertained for a few hours. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

"Preston?" I whisper two nights later. It's Wednesday night and I'm freaking out. Three more days until my birthday, two more days until I let Preston claim me. 

I've been at Preston's side as much as possible these past two days. We only separated when we didn't have class. My gym and defense lessons haven't been as long either. Preston has been on the phone for the most part talking to the high council who wants to come for a visit as soon as possible to 'watch my progress' but I have a feeling it has something to do with me being Johnson. From what I've heard from Preston they have been wanting to kill off my family for centuries. Even though they were told to leave us alone.  

I'm pretty scared of them and rather not have them come but since I am a Johnson and Preston is planning on claiming me soon. They pay their respects to the upcoming Luna. 

He did successfully call on the Pack up in Portland for help. The alpha agreed to send a troop of fifty men down to help and should be arriving in two days. Other packs didn't want anything to do with this matter. Preston has been stressed out and it's killing me to see him sleeping in classes and staying up most of the night pacing my bedroom floor. 

"Sorry did I wake you?" He asks looking over at me in my bed. 

I sigh and sit up, the blankets falling off me and bunching up at my waist. "Are you going to come to bed anytime soon?" I whisper. 

The first night he stayed over he insisted sleeping on the floor, not wanting to rush me or make me feel uncomfortable. It wasn't until the next day that I insisted he could sleep on my bed with me, that I didn't mind. Besides Scott slept in my bed plenty of times and it wasn't uncomfortable, he didn't really like that thought, even if we didn't do anything. 

The next time went a lot better, I was nervous but he slept on top of the blankets and kept a good amount of space between us. It wasn't until I rolled over and snuggled up to him that he finally relaxed. And it was nice lying in his arms all night, feeling his heat against mine and hearing his heartbeat. It was the best sleep I have ever gotten. 

"Sorry, did I wake you again?" He whispers back moving to the bed and sitting at the edge. 

I shake my head but grab his arm and pulling him more onto the bed. "No, but you need to sleep, I can feel your restlessness." I say trying to hide a grimace. I can feel every emotion he is feeling, the bond between us making me more aware of him then I ever was before. 

"Sorry." He mumbles pulling me into his arms as he lays down on top of the covers once more. 

I snuggle into him resting my head on his chest.  

"What has you thinking so hard?" I whisper into the dark. 

He warps his arms around me even more as he answers. "I'm just overthinking your birthday and if it's safe enough..." He trails off. 

"We are going to be in town for a dinner. Then I'm staying at Sasha's, it will be fine." I promise. 

I had decided to just go to one of the fancier restaurants in town for a birthday dinner. I invited the gang then Brayden. Natalie can't travel unfortunately due to her being sick, I think she may be pregnant, so it's just the boys with their mates, Sasha, Scott, Preston, Brayden and I. Small and just with the people I want to celebrate with. 

"I know this; it's just what about after? We don't know when he's going to strike and we haven't gotten anything yet from following Katy... I'm just anxious."  

I bite my lip and nod. "I understand that, but all that matters is what's happening now." I whisper. 

He sighs, his breath ruffling my hair. We are quiet for a moment and I feel my eyes slowly start to drop as I relax into Preston. I'm almost asleep when I hear him through the darkness once more. 

"I'm nervous about claiming you also." He says so quietly I think I miss hear him. 

"What?" I ask. 

"I'm nervous about claiming you. I want it to be special for you and it's not-" 

I roll my eyes. "I don't need it to be special; after all you are just biting me." I point out making him chuckle softly. 

"But it's going to bind you to me forever. After I bite you there is no turning back." He points out. 

I move so I'm looking up at his face. "I know that and I already told you I was ok with this. I trust you, I know you better, and I-" I stop abruptly when I realize I was just about to say the word. I clear my throat and continue, it was too soon to say that word. "I like you very much. I'm ok with being stuck with you forever."  

He swallows and nods. "Even if it means marriage and having my children?" He questions nervously playing with my ring finger. 

I chuckle and nod. "Eventually," I tease him making him chuckle softly. I rest my head back on his chest. "Now, let's sleep because we have a lot to do tomorrow." I yawn and snuggle close to him. 

We are quiet once more and I felt myself drift closer to sleep. "I like you too Dee, more than you'll ever know." I hear him whisper before the world spins out of control and I drift to the darkness. 

........................................................................................................................................................................................ 

"We are going shopping tonight." Sasha says leaning against my locker as I grab my afternoon books.  

"Why?" I ask closing my locker. 

"Because you need a dress for your birthday," She says in a duh tone.  

"But I thought I could just borrow one of your dresses." I say as we move towards the lunch room. 

She rolls her eyes and shakes her head at me. "As much as I would love for you to borrow my clothes I can't let you. You're turning eighteen; you need your own special dress for the event." 

"There is no way I can say no is there?" I ask as we get in line to grab our food. 

She shakes her and smiles at me wickedly. "Nope, and I have just the thing for you too. I saw this dress when I was window shopping, it would be perfect for you!" she gushes as we move slowly up in line. 

"And you kindly left it just for me?" I tease. Sasha was the fashionista of the group. 

"Of course I did!" She huffs as she grabs a hamburger and fries. 

I grab some things without really paying attention and we make our way to the checkout. 

"So how are things going at the house? Nothing too weird with Brayden?" She asks. 

I shake my head. "It's been like it's always been. Nothing is weird between us, even though I know this huge amount of information on him. We are just like we always are." I say as we move to our table.  

"And your mom?" She asks hesitantly as I sit down. We are the first to arrive at our table and I'm surprised to see it, normally the boys are here wolfing down on their food. We even beat the girls. 

"She's doing better, she had one mood swing the day after we got rid of the alcohol, but I got her hooked on Pepsi soon after. She's as sober as the day she was born. She's even going to work on time and coming straight home, no pit stops." 

She nods and takes a huge bite out of her hamburger. "What did Brayden say about that?" She asks between a mouth full of food. 

I smile inwardly at her questions; they all seem to be going back to Brayden. 

"Why do you keep asking about Brayden?" I ask coyly. "How are things between you too? I haven't heard any of you utter a bad word towards each other this past week."  

She shrugs as if nothing is wrong. "I don't know... but then again I haven't been to your house in forever. I guarantee if I go over tonight things will be back to normal and we would be at each other's throats." She teases. 

I sigh. "But nothing of an apology or anything like that? You know since I'm pretty sure Kelly is going to be out of the picture?" I point out. 

She shakes her head. "Of course not, I don't think we will ever be friends to tell you the truth. But enough about that-" 

"Yes please, I rather not talk about my sister lame mate- no offense- even if I like him I wouldn't have a problem crushing him for my sister." Scott says sitting next to his sister. 

I smile as they banter back and forth for a little bit before I feel Preston slide in next to me. "Hey, so what is this I hear of you going shopping tonight?"  

I roll my eyes and point to Sasha, "She says I need a dress for my birthday dinner." 

"Which she does," Sasha huffs out. "And we are going today, no if's and's or but's coming from the both of you." She says glaring at Preston and I. 

"Well, looks like I have no choice but to let you go." Preston says sarcastically. 

"I'll come over afterward; we have a training lesson anyways." I point out. "We will only be gone for an hour." I add. 

He wraps his free arm around me before nodding reluctantly. "Fine," He pouts making me laugh. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................... 

"Now I remember why I never shop with you." I grumble as I strip out of the tight dress Sasha threw at me. 

We had gotten to the shop Sasha saw the dress but it was gone, leaving Sasha to gather more dresses, dresses that seemed to keep coming. 

"Oh shush, but I really want you to try on that red one, it think it will go amazing on you." She says. 

I sigh. The red dress I have been avoiding since she gave it to me. It was small, it looked tight and the back dipped low, so low it cut off right before you could see my bum. With a glare I pulled it on and instantly regretting it. It was short, it was tight, and my bum almost showed. I couldn't pull it down in the back or it would show my bum and I couldn't pull it up because it would show my bum. 

"No." I hiss stepping out of the changing room and crossing my arms. 

Sasha takes one look at me and burst out laughing. "Oh my gosh, I didn't mean that red one." She says laughing.  

I gave her a confused look. "This was the only red one in the pile." I point out. She shakes her head and still chuckling goes into the dressing room and digging through the pile until she comes up with another red dress, one that was buried under all the other ones. 

"This one and hurry our hour is running out." I glare at her as she takes another look at me in the dress and laughs her butt off. "If you were a hooker and you were wearing that dress I wouldn't even have picked you up." 

I groan and mumble a few curse words at her before stomping into the dressing room and taking the stupid dress off. The other red dress wasn't as bright, tight, or short as the other one. 

This dress had caped sleeves, stopped just above my knees, hugged my body but left a little bit of room to be comfortable. It was a sweetheart neckline that showed barely a little bit of cleavage, but that problem would be fixed with the proper bra. And the color was a dark blood red. Stepping out I twirled to show Sasha. 

She whistles and nods her approval. "Perfect. You have to get it." She says and I nod. 

"For once I agree with you." I say stepping into my stall and changing to my regular clothes. With the dress in hand I move with Sasha to the checkout and pay for the dress. 

"So should we go lingerie shopping?" She says lightly as we make our way to the car. I stop and stare at her with wide eyes. 

"Excuse me?" I ask as she continues to walk. I rush to her to catch up. "What is that supposed to mean?" 

She smiles over at me and hops into the car. I scramble after her and glare over at her. 

"It just means that he's going to be claiming you tomorrow; don't you want something a little... sexy?"  

I look at her in horror. "We are not going to do it!" I shout out as she moves the car out of the parking lot and out of town. 

She grins over at me. "I know, but from what I'm told by girls who don't plan on having sex while their partner claims them is that things tend to lead to that. One thing goes to another and boom they can't help it, even if you didn't plan on it." She points out. "And some of your things are cute and lacy, but not sexy." 

I shake my head as my cheeks flame pink. "We aren't doing it, and it won't get that far." I protest but she just shakes her head. 

"If you say so," She sings. "But just in case I would wear that black lacy bra of yours, with some black undies, you never know-" 

"I know, and I know that it won't get that far." I protest. 

She just grins over at me and nods as if she didn't believe me. "Are you nervous?" She switches topics. 

I swallow and nod. "Just a little bit," I admit. "I mean there is no going back after this." I mumble and she nods. 

"Are you ready for that? I mean you do like him right?" 

"Of course I do." I say softly thinking back to my words the other night. I almost said I loved him. "Uh Sasha?" I ask. 

"Hmm?" She answers.  

I swallow and say in a rush. "I love him, I know it's too soon to even think like that with everything that went on and only knowing him for a few months but I know it, I can feel it and I know it's right. I love him and that scares me because what if he doesn't-" 

"Whoa, hold the phone!" She shouts pulling off to the side of the road, jerking the car to a stop. "Did you just say you love him!" 

I gulp and nod. "It's too soon right?" I mumble. 

She smiles and shakes her head. "Oh my gosh, Dee!" She shouts doing a little happy dance in her seat. "I'm so happy for you." 

I look down at my lap. "But don't you think it's too soon?" I mumble. 

She shakes her head. "No, of course not. I love your brother even though he hates me, and I fell in love with him just days after you introduced us." She points out making me raise an eyebrow at that but she just dismisses it with a wave of her hand. "It's the perfect time Dee. Yes I get that it's weird falling in love with a guy when you're being chased by your father. But to find that love in the mist of crazy is beautiful." She points out. 

I chuckle at this and shake my head. "I just... don't know how to tell him. He says we are doing this at my pace. And well it just seems that my pace wants to just hop, skip and jump forward to the next step." I sigh. "But I can't because my father is after me; my ex-boyfriend is delusional and thinks I'm going to be marrying him. And then I have to deal with my wolf that will be coming out tomorrow. Oh gosh," I groan as I put my head in my hands. 

I totally forgot about my wolf. The doctors are going to be running tests tomorrow in the morning before school to make sure my blood is safe. Then I have to observe for any mood swings and all that crazy stuff. 

"It's going to be fine Dee. I think with his bite it will help you a lot so you don't have to worry about ruining the mood with your mood swings that are no doubt going to be flying everywhere tomorrow." 

"I'm thinking of staying home tomorrow, you know so I don't lash out at any of you." I point out. 

She rolls her eyes and puts the car back into the road. "Just don't attack Preston when he's claiming you. That would ruin the mood like no other." She teases making me laugh and shake my head. 

"But I'm happy for you Dee. Loving someone is the greatest thing that can happen to you. I'm happy you found love again."  

I smile over at her. "Thanks." I whisper just as we pull up to the pack house where Preston is waiting at the front steps. 

"Training time honey," He calls out to me as I get out of the car. I groan. 

Great. 

....................................................................................................................................................................................... 

A\/N: Well? What do ya think? 

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY. VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. PROMOTE. ENJOY.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 912 111
When I locked my gaze with hers, everything became clearer. While my wolf screamed 'Mate' in my head with joy and excitement. I whispered with despai...
695 130 28
It was like he was on the verge of dying from starvation if he couldn't taste me. Just when I thought the pleasure couldn't get any stronger, it had...
2.2M 74.2K 49
COMPLETED - (book 2) Updated version now available on Amazon Kindle and Kindle Unlimited with an extra bonus chapter at the end! "I stood there for...
50.9K 1.6K 39
COMPLETED, but not edited! 𝘉𝘰𝘰𝘬 5 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥𝘦𝘮𝘱𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴. *⃝ In which a young girl is swept into the manipulative tricks a...