What Is Love Worth (BWWM)

By Reeze_B

Samantha Stone runs a multi million dollar company. Most girls are heartbroken by a boyfriend but her heartbr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4

Chapter 3

105 23 13
By Reeze_B

Happiness is a journey not a destination.
-Ben Sweetland

Samantha's POV

I leave bed and drag myself to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. I open the refrigerator and grab a bottle of water also.   I spin the cork and down almost the entire bottle of water. I have to have a bottle of water before anything else in the morning. It's essential.

I take my mug with coffee and move towards the couch to catch up on some tv while I drink. The hot beverage soothes over my nerves and gives me just the right amount of energy to start my day.

The sun is rising and the weather is just perfect. It's about 6 am so I head back up to my room and throw on a sports bra and some tights with my white Nike sneakers and pull my hair into a ponytail. I strap my phone to my upper arm and head out for my normal Saturday morning routine.

I jog for about an hour just listening to music and allowing my mind to wonder. I remember when I was younger and my dad would beat the shit out of me for smallest things I did. I swear if coughed I got hit and if my mom even breathe she got the shit beat out of her. She tried to change him though. I don't know if she stayed with him out of love or if it's because he was the one who made the money. I just vowed to myself that I'll never be in a situation where I'll stay in a toxic relationship because I can't sustain myself.

Entering the cemetery I sit exactly where I sit every Saturday morning. Reaching out my hands I caress the small yet fragile head stone

"Hey baby." I caress the head stone with a sad smile playing on my lips.
When I was 19 I got pregnant i wasn't happy about it but every child is a blessing and I was grateful. My entire pregnancy was a risk but I decided to take it. During labour I had some complications but the baby was born, however he only lasted 3 hours after birth. After that my boyfriend left me, he said I was a constant reminder if the child he lost.

I spent about half an hour in the cemetery before heading off to work. Walking into the building I wave at the receptionist and she picks up the phone to inform Patrick of my arrival.

This is my normal Saturday morning routine. I go for a run at 6, make a stop at the cemetery and then head to work. When I arrive the receptionist informs Patrick and he sends somebody to go get my car while I change in the basement of the building which can be classified as an apartment. It has 2 bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen and a sitting area.

Stepping into the apartment I head straight to the bathroom. I spend about 15 minutes in the shower trying to wash away my memories.

I step out of the bathroom and step into the bedroom across the hall. Pulling out a black lace set of underwear I put them on and move to the closet to retrieve a navy blue dress with a sweetheart neckline. The dress stops exactly above my knees and hugs my figure perfectly. I draw for a pair of red shoes along with a red Michael Kors handbag. I put my hair in a bun and decide to go with only lip gloss today.

I step out of the elevator and unto the 40th floor to be greeted with a bright smile from Patrick as he puts my spare car keys in the glass cabinet where I have some other keys stored before heading off to his office as I do the same.

When it's around 3 in the evening my office phone rings

"Stone speaking" I mutter distractedly.

"Hey baby doll have you had lunch as yet?" Jack's husky voice comes from the other line.

"No I actually didn't " I reply realizing I only had a cup of coffee since morning.

"OK. I'll be there in 5" he hangs up.

Okay so Jack is someone that I'm kinda dating, nothing official but still seeing each other now and then. No I haven't told the girls about him cause well, well I don't really know why I just haven't told them. He's like a I don't know how to describe him as yet.

I decide to drown myself in work until he gets here instead letting my thoughts run wild.

"Ready?" Jack walks into the room. Has it been 5 minutes already? It feels like only mere seconds since I ended the call. Checking the time I see that it has actually been 15 minutes.

Hmmm.. Time does fly I think to myself causing a small giggle to escape my lips from my stupid ass joke. This earns me a raised eyebrow from Jack.

"Ready" I say heading towards the door but he pulls me back to his chest and brings his lips down on mine. The kiss is gentle as his tongue sweeps across mine in an I miss you kind of way.

"I missed you." He smiles and I wnt to melt into his arms. Jack is the the ideal chocolate God. He's dark, tall, well built... I won't even go into details he's every girls ideal chocolate knight in dress pants and a button down shirt.

He leads me outside with his hand on my lower back.

"And they said you weren't a gentleman " I mock as he opens the car door for me.

He smiles sarcastically and saunters his way to the driver side of the car .

"So where do you want to go for lunch? I know this nice fancy Italian restaurant about three blocks away or do you can prefer sea food?" he asks seeming to be genuinely curious as he pulls out on the streets of new York.

"Can't we just get some burger and fries or something I'm not really in the mood for anything fancy " it's been almost a week since I had fries and I can literally taste the salty sensation at the back of my throat. I may be rich but I'm not a snob, I don't always like those fancy restaurants. I'm just as normal as anybody else and I love and I mean love fast food.

We drive in silence as music plays softly in the background.

We decide to just get the food and head back to my office to eat since it's so hot out today.Once he's parked outside of 'Stone's' I'm about to exit is car when I feel his hand in mine. I look over and I meet his eyes staring back at me but his eyes hold something I can't truly decipher. Is that determination? What is he determined to do? 'maybe he's determined to show you real love and affection' my subconscious inputs.

"Are you free tomorrow? I was thinking I could take you on a date" he says with some amount of uncertainty in his voice.

I smile at him ''Yeah sure'' I say as watching as relief floods his features.

We make our way inside and once we get to my office I take off my shoes and my toes curl in the carpet with satisfaction. I take a seat around my desk and he sits opposite of me. I pack all the papers to one side and he lays out the food I front of us.

"It's so fucking hot." He says unbuttoning his two top buttons

"Tell me about it." I say throwing a fry in my mouth.

"So can I ask you why you won't be my girl? It's been 5 months and I'm starting to wonder if you have a secret life you're not telling me about." He jokes but I can see the seriousness in his eyes.

"It's not even like that and you know it." I look down at my burger.

"Yeah, you're just trying to protect your heart right? Protecting it from the wrong person though." He retorts whispering the last part.

"You're just afraid to give me your all but don't worry I got you. I'm going to make you let those guards down. You're gonna he my wife." He smiles. How can you not want a man like this? But that's just me I push people away sometimes without intentionally doing so.

We continue to have small and exchange a few laughs here and there but mostly we just eat and enjoy each other's company.

"Well I gotta get back to the office before I'm fired." He says picking up his car keys off my desk.

He works for a tech company as the head of his department. I like that he's. To intimidated by the fact that I make more than he does. He doesn't even care about my money well to me it doesn't seem like he cares.

He places a chaste kiss and my lips and leaves me with my thoughts and paperwork and I decide to drown myself in them.

'Stone's' I answer still having my head buried in a contract I'm trying to go over.

'Somebody please tell me this bitch isn't working." Of course it had to be Rylan I roll my eyes.

Rylan doesn't exactly have a job. She is kind of a spoiled little brat. Anything she wants she runs to her father and he practically throws it at her.

"Hello to you too. I am doing fine thanks for asking " I say with sarcasm intertwining every word dropping from my mouth.

This causes three different sets of laugh from the other side of the line and a huge smile breaks out on my face.

" How are you girls?" I say the packing up my things to go home.

"We're good but we would be better if you were here." I can practically here Simone pouting.

" I'm good whether you are here are not. I'm on a tropical island with the most wonderful beaches, great food and a lot and when I say a lot I mean a lot of men" Rylan sounds to be in fantasy land.

" I'm good but I miss my baby already" Skylar mutters

" Awwww I miss you too" I coo stepping into the elevator

"Um.... Sam I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about Leslie. " Skylar rushes out which causes Rylan to busrt into a fit of laughter. She's laughing so hard that she starts to snort. These girls feed off my embarrassment.

I decide to head home since they broke my concentration. I grab my bag and keys and head to the garage. Once I'm in my car I hook my phone up the car's Bluetooth and we talk the entire journey home.

We say our goodbyes once I step into my house. I start to undress as soon as I step inside. Discarding my clothes into the laundry basket I step in the shower. The warm water soothes my muscles and releases all of today's tension.

Vote
Comment
Excuse my mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 110K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
167K 12.9K 34
Her marriage was fixed which was an arrange marriage but she moved to London for pursuing her career and dreams and after that she would marry. But i...
682K 36K 20
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.2M 63.8K 59
𝐒𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞〢𝐁𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 〈𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 1〉 𝑶𝒑𝒑𝒐𝒔𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...