A Pirate's Kiss (Wattys Winn...

By iluvdaisychain

(The Trilogy is now complete) This novel was written in 2011 when I was 15 - I'm slowly editing but please fo... More

Introduction
Chapter One | A Stolen Kiss
Chapter Two | Letters
Chapter Three | Innocence
Chapter Four | Silver Eyes
Chapter Five | Gold
Chapter Six | Bottle of Rum
Chapter Seven | Handcuffed
(8) Never Underestimate Me
(9) Henry and the Creature
(10) History
(11) The Truth
(13) The Mermaid Door
(14) Sea Shanties and Captivations
(15) The Drunken Sailor
(16) Bleeding Water
(17) Hungry Kisses
(18) Regret
(19) Something Close To Heartbreak
(20) Burning Me
(21) Hand Fighting and Lady Thighs
(22) Beautiful Sight
(23) Captivated
(24) Indifference
(25) Not the One
(26) That Will Teach Him
(27) Don't Fight Me
(28) Strength
(29) Selfish
(30) Golden Moments
(31) I' Taren ar' ho Dgiathatch
(32) Scarred
(33) Flying Free
Epilogue: Surprise
Authors Note

(12) Dark and Light

231K 7.1K 2.6K
By iluvdaisychain

PLEASE READ

Thankyou for all of the votes I recieved on the last Chapter!! I know this one is a little late (as usual) but I wanted to make sure it was good :D 

Cant believe I have come this far, I honestly never thought I would, THANKYOU SO MUCH TO THE FANS THAT HAVE STUCK WITH ME!!

Dedicated to IridescentStarlight for choosing me to star in her first edition of the new Wattpad magazine LUNA. It's honestly a great read guys, she has some awesome stories reccomended there, PLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND GIVE HER YOUR VOTE, I think this will be a great mag :D

500 VOTES

COMMENT

FAN

For all those Obsidian fans out there, enjoy ;)

Daisy xx

___________________________________________________________________________

(Obsidian's P.O.V) 

I was furious.

I couldn't bear to be in the same room as that creature any longer so I had stormed out of the room leaving Hobbs to tell the story of the Pendants while I crashed my way up to the deck. As soon as I flung open the doors that lead onto the deck, the whole ship fell silent, my crew members staring at me warily.

I gritted my teeth. How dare they.

"GET BACK TO WORK YA BUNCH OF SCURVY DOGS AND DON'T LET ME CATCH YOU SLACKIN' OFF AGAIN OR YOU CAN WALK THE BLOODY PLANK!" I yelled, my face turning red as I pointed my sword at the thin plank of wood sticking out over the side of the ship. 

Averting their eyes they all hurried to get back to what they were doing and for some reason this infuriated me even more. 

How could such a weak minded girl get the better of me without even trying, yet a whole ship-full of fully grown men lacked the guts to even say a word against me?

 My hands clenched into fists, remembering the feel of her skin, soft as silk against my calloused hands and her lips, so full and so so tempting. Feelings that I had never felt before rose inside me at the sight of her face, the need to protect, the need to love, the need to hold her and never let go . . .

A growl rumbled through my chest as I rubbed a hand over my eyes. I refused to believe that any of these feelings were real, it had to be the lingering effects of the contact with the Siren side of her. 

Yes, yes that has to be it, I convinced myself. I wouldn't be feeling like this otherwise would I? She is nothing but a pampered Princess, her confidence is false, she is merely bluffing her way through this. She is pathetic.

But what about her Siren side? An arrogant voice whispered in the back of my mind. Are you sure it was her making you feel like that? And the way she defied you, the way she used you, you liked that didn't you?

My brow crumpled as I rolled that idea around in my mind. True I did like that side of her, that wild untamed part of her that no-one, not even my stupid Brother could handle. But I could handle it, this I was sure. I could handle her. We were alike in that way, we both had dark sides. Mine was just closer to the surface than hers. But I could change that, I could make her mine, I could show her that the darkness was just as welcoming as the light. 

But what if she doesn't want you?

I growled. She WILL want me, she does want me. No-one could deny the passion that had been between us, even when I had kissed her on her balcony two years ago. The passion was there, I just had to get her to realize it. 

I had to get to her before Colby did. The idea of them together abruptly infuriated me and I stomped up the stairs that lead to the poop deck. Samson, who just so happened to be the man steering the wheel at the time, scurried when he saw me coming and I snorted, taking charge of the wheel with ease, my knuckles whitening against the smooth wood as I gripped it tightly. God I felt like shooting something. Unluckily for the seagull that was perched high in the rigging, it became my next target. 

BANG.

There was a squark and an explosion of feathers followed by a dull thud as the unfortunate bird fell onto the deck. The rest of my crew didn't even look around at the disturbance, I knew that they were just thanking their lucky stars it wasn't them. 

I chuckled darkly to myself before taking a second look at the bird. If seagulls were resting amongst the rigging that meant we couldn't be far from . . . 

Unfolding my telescope I peered at the horizon before cursing and throwing my telescope on the ground.

"GODDAMNIT WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING SOMEONE IN THE CROWS NEST IF HE'S NOT DOING HIS DAMN JOB AND TELLING US WHEN HE SEES LAND!!"

I swore again and drew my pistol firing a shot towards the crows nest.

"WAKE UP YOU SLACKING SON OF A-

"There is no one up there Captain" The deep steady voice came from behind me and I whirled around pointing my gun in the speakers face. Samson went cross eyed as he tried to keep the barrel of the gun in view.

"And why," I said dangerously, "Is there no-one up there Samson? Please enlighten me, since the rest of these yellow bellied land-lubbers are to cowardly to speak up" I glared around at the rest of the crew, aware that both of my eyes had flared into a burning gold.

Samson looked uncomfortable. "Well you see Cap'n, he's not up there because, well, you shot him."

My eyebrows jerked upwards in surprise. "I shot him?"

Samson rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "Aye, that you did Cap'n"

I cleared my throat before scowling again. "Well why didn't you just say so? We will get a new look out boy when we get to Savannah" I grinned darkly and pointed to barely visible strip of land that had settled along the horizon where there was normally nothing to be seen but sea. I stood back to address the crew members, opening my arms wide and flashing a pearly white grin. 

"Tomorrow night we dock at Savannah boys!" I announced loudly. "And we all know what that means don't we?" I looked out into the expectant faces and let out a wild laugh, spinning the wheel in the direction of the port.

"MORE RUM!!"

Cheers, whistles and celebratory gun shots echoed out over the deck and allowed myself to join in for a second before I dropped the facade and raised my pistol, the shot echoing through the sky with a bang followed by my snarling voice.

"NOW BACK TO WORK!"

My pleasure grew at the sight of the men scurrying around on the deck like mice, hurrying to obey my orders. I would watch her, I would learn everything about her. She would not seduce me again, I would make her mine.

*      *      *       *

(Circe's P.O.V)

I looked at Hobbson feeling strangely calm. It was like some part of me had known this my entire life, I had just been waiting for the words to confirm it. I looked down into the blue stone I was cradling in my palms. That such a little thing could have such power, it seemed incredible but I accepted it. I was the bearer of this responsibility now. I understood.

"This Siren part of me," I said quietly, not looking up. "Will I be able to control it? With time?" 

"Yes." His voice was strangely gentle but still I did not look up as he continued. "'Tis only brought forth through contact wiv water. That cold feelin' that ya got, that was because ya were on the verge of changin'. The potion Bones gave you 'elped ta stop that, although neither of ya realized it at the time." 

I nodded, my golden hair swishing forward over my shoulders to hide my face. Hobbson had relayed to me what had happened in the cabin and what Obsidian had done. He explained that my loss of memory probably had more to do with Obsidian knocking me out than to do with the creature that was inside me.

"Eventually ya will be able to change at yer own will. Full blooded Sirens are born wiv a tail and die wiv a tail but because yer a half breed ya will be able ta be switchin'  inbetween forms. Often young Sirens 'av trouble controllin' their urges but it will calm down."

I tucked this information away in my head to mull over later, suddenly aware that I felt incredibly tired but wide awake at the same time. I rose from the ground, where I had been sitting cross legged and finally looked up into Hobbsons face, only just realizing that Colby was still in the room with us. 

"If you would escort me to the room I am staying in  Mister Hobbson I would be most grateful. I feel rather tired" I asked politely, my voice devoid of all emotion and I noticed the spark of worry that flared in Hobbsons eyes at my tone.

"Certainly" Was all that he said though, as he pulled out a key ring and selected the right one, turning it with a click. "And please, call me Hobbs" He added quietly as he linked his arm through mine and placed his other hand from mine, leading me from the room.

*      *       *        *       *

(Obsidian's P.O.V)

I stood at the wheel breathing in the calming smell of the ocean. It had turned out to be hot day and the water was calm, only a slight breeze skipping through the sails. We weren't going to be getting anywhere anytime soon so I called Samson up from where he was lounging under the stairway in the shade and told him to take hold of the wheel for the time being to make sure we didn't stray from our course. I strode down the steps catching Hobbs just as he appeared out a door. 

"How are we for provisions?"

He scratched his head and looked up at the sky. "Well we have enough for another day Cap'n but once we reach Savannah i'd say we have to stock up on a bit of everything." He sighed, "Our stocks were severely depleted with the last journey we made Cap'n, I think we were pushing it a bit to come for Circe straight afterwards. But we have enough treasure to trade to fill everything up again." He chuckled, "Just be glad Savannah is in our sights. Anything in particular we need for the next journey?"

I frowned, going over Evangeline's instructions in my mind. "Well we already have the girl, and with you as a spokesman, we have a fair chance of them believing us, it's just wiether or not they will give him up will be the problem. They will most likely want a few, if not all of his protectors to accompany him so we will need to make sure we have enough provisions for all. We could stock up when we arrive but I don't like charity." I scowled deeply and Hobbs nodded. 

"Right you are Cap'n, when is the estimated arrival then?"

"We should arrive in Savannah in the early evening tomorrow but if this wind doesn't pick up it will probably be in the early hours of the morning after. What of Circe?"

Hobbs sighed. "I don't know Cap'n, it's like all the fight has gone out of her. If this is how she handles the first two days I doubt she is going to fare well with what is to come."

"I waved my hand dismissively watching as Cobalt made his way over to me from across the deck. "She been fine Hobbs, don't get your panties in a twist. Now that the bulk of the information is out of the way she will have time to . . ." I pondered for a moment before smiling brightly at him. "Adjust"

"Who's adjusting to what?"

I sneered. "Well look what the cat dragged in" I couldn't help but feel slightly superior to Cobalt at this time. For one thing, I knew more than he did. For a second, Circe hadn't tried to eat me as soon as I walked in the door like she did to him. She had taken her time with me. I chuckled, obviously she thought I was worth savoring.

Cobalt scowled at me from under his shaggy black locks. "We really need to look at getting you a hair cut Brother," I drawled. "People are going to start mistaking you for a gender confused woman."

"Lots of Pirates have long hair," He retorted. "Just look at Black Beard."

"Ahh yes but you see Brother, the difference between you and one of the most ferocious Pirates in the Seven Seas is that, unlike you, he actually has the ability to grow facial hair."

Hobbs let out a snort of laughter before quickly covering it up with his hand and backing away. He knew when to let us fight it out and Cobalts lack of anything more than a bit of stubble was a touchy subject. In the next instant, his sword was drawn, just like I knew it would be. Reveling in the adrenaline that I could feel shooting through my veins I laughed in his face. It was a wild sound and I could see the crew mates stop what they were doing, which was mainly lounging around in the sun, and sit forward in eager anticipation. 

"You're drawing swords so soon?" I taunted. "Feel the need to flash it around for a bit of show? Come on Brother, where is your imagination?" Quick as a flash I leapt into the rigging, tapping into my not-so-human skills. The Elven race were known for their speed, agility, strength and stamina. Something that was apparent now as I scaled the rigging as quick as a monkey, the large white sails billowing around me as I climbed. Reaching the wooden beam just under the crows nest I agilely swung myself up onto it and balanced precociously down the middle. The wood was curved and worn yet I might as well have been walking down a street for all the difference it made to me. I threw up my arms like an acrobat and laughed down at my furious Brother.

"Well are you going to come and get me? Or are you afraid of breaking a nail?"

Snarling slid his sword back into its sheath and jumped up into the rigging, his movements not quite as fluid as I knew mine had been. I rolled my eyes. Obviously he wasn't aware of his skills yet which just showed what a wuss I had for a Brother. He was always the careful one, the one who lagged behind to think things through while I jumped into the closest fight I could find. He had a hot temper like me though, which usually meant that although I would be into the fight a few minutes before him, it wouldn't be long before he joined me, teeth gnashing, fist swinging. Together we were a force to be reckoned with. But he never pushed himself like I did, he never held the belief that he was something more. 

I whistled as he finally pulled himself up to face me, his chest heaving slightly although he tried not to show it.

"Wow, took you long enough"

He straightened and pulled out his sword again.

"Are you ready to stop running away and face me?" He taunted and I smirked, steadying my footing.

"Up here Brother?" I pretended to consider it for a second before whipping out my sword and smashing it against his a dark grin crossing over my features. "Why I'd be delighted."

*    *     *     *     *

(Circe's P.O.V)

I sat on the bed Hobbs had left me on and looked at the wall.

The longer I looked at it, the more beautiful it seemed to become. The darker areas of the wood twisted like a beautiful disease through the panels, staining the lighter more golden parts. Why was it like that? Why wasn't the wood the same color? Why did the dark have to take over the light?

Maybe its the other way round, maybe the light is reaching for the dark, a small voice whispered in the most secluded corner of my brain.

A pair of eyes and a smudge of dark hair flashed in front of my vision but I shook them away, even more determined to continue my study. I was so close to the wood now, that my nose was almost touching it. The knots that swirled unevenly, like bronzed whirlpools, the fine grains that had chipped away from the whole leaving a small dent, the worn but polished and the over all barely there but still calming smell . . . I closed my eyes and inhaled. I imagined more than I smelt. Bark, soot, cinnamon, dirt, grass, the sweet smell of rotting wood and damp foliage, the wash of a cool breath of air over your face followed by the hot taste of Summer, it smelt like some kind of foreign spices, it smelt natural, it smelt slightly salty like the sea, it smelt like him.

I opened my eyes and was instantly enveloped in a warm pool of molten gold that heated the skin around my neck as efficiently as the swirling sliver cooled me down. His lips moved towards mine as I blushed and scrunched my eyes tight shut again, counting to three before I flung them open . . . and was met with the cold unwelcoming wood of the wall. I couldn't help the slight drop of my stomach that left me feeling slightly empty.

Why can't I stop thinking about him?

*    *    *    *

(Obsidian's P.O.V)

When two swords clashed together, the sound is actually sustained for a while after if the swords do not meet again. As it were, my sword was striking against my Brothers so hard and fast that the sounds merely ran into one. I had the upper had, balance and skill wise and he knew it, I could see the him tiring around his eyes and his parrying blows were becoming slower and more clumsy by the second. His heart made up for his lack of stamina though and I could tell that he wasn't going to give in until I pressed my sword against his throat. It was a weakness we both shared, pride I mean, although we shared the stubbornness as well. I thought about someone else who was equally stubborn and found my thoughts wandering from the fight. I wondered what she was doing right now . . . 

Deciding to give him a break and finish this so I could get on with . . . other things, I nimbly reached out and jumped onto the rigging, using it the swing myself around him so I ended up leaning casually against the main mast. 

"That is enough for today Brother, I won't sword fight with you when you are becoming slack, it's not good practice." I could see he was about to open his mouth to retort but before he could I cut in. "And anyway, I'm getting tired."

His face brightened. "Does that mean you surrender?"

I looked at him in amusement. "Of course not, I meant I'm getting tired of fighting such a sloppy opponent. It's rather boring and not much of a challenge." I enjoyed the redness of a face for a second before he opened his mouth and said cooly: "What ever helps you sleep at night Brother"

I tried not to look annoyed. "And what is that supposed to mean?" 

"It means," He said, studying his nails, "Thats not the real reason you want to finish this and you know it."

For a moment I felt as though there was something lodged in my throat. How could he know I was thinking of her? And then he spoke again.

"The real reason is that you're tired and you know I am going to beat you, so you're putting it back on me to make it look as though I'm the weak one and you're doing me a favor. You are the one who told me to man up, so man up yourself and fight me!"

"No," I snapped, feeling my temper flare and suddenly realized with a pang how close he was to the surface these days. All it would take is the slightest loss of control and-

"NO" I roared, my eyes burning gold with the double meaning of the word. I hurled my sword straight at him, aiming for his head. At the very last moment he moved his head to the side and the shining sliver blade embedded itself in thick wood with a dull thud where his skull had been not but a fleeting moment before. The part of the blade that was still visible and the handle made a strange sound as it wavered from side to side. I closed my eyes and clenched my fists, trying not to notice Cobalts wide eyes. 

"You should go." I managed to squeeze out from between gritted teeth. "NOW GODDAMNIT!!! YOU WORTHLESS PIECE OF-

I clamped my jaw shut feeling the insults bang against my teeth. Without waiting to see if he had done what I had told him to I turned flung myself onto the ropes and started climbing again. 

I climbed up and up and up. I climbed as though I was aiming for the sun. I climbed until the only thing I was standing on was three inches of wood that jutted out from the flag pole, until I could run my fingers through the silk of our flag, waving in the breeze that had finally picked up. I let out a roar of pent up frustration, of anger, of hatred and so many other emotions that I couldn't even begin to put names to. Ripping at my torn shirt I bundled it up and threw it, watching as it opened and billowed out like a jellyfish, swimming through the air and sinking down slowly until a wave leapt up and devoured it whole. 

I climbed to the highest point on that bloody ship and it still wasn't high enough. I wanted to climb until my fingers bled and my muscles split. Only then would I finally be satisfied to let go and fall to my death.

______________________________________________________________________________

So . . . two new mysteries in there, anyone pick them out? Have any idea what they could be about?

500 VOTES

COMMENT

FAN

Thanks very much!! ^____________^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176 14 34
"Do you remember those sweet tender days when the only thing I cared about is you? You were my light in the darkness and always were filled with such...
3.4K 123 41
The Octopus Man is growing stronger, and so is Tracey. Makenna must find her way to the Bermuda Triangle, in order to protect the Human and Fairy Wor...
3.7M 130K 38
Book Two in the A Pirate's Kiss Trilogy (Original Title - A Pirate's Kiss: Sunken Treasures) Circe is back and she is up in the air. Literally. She...
5.7K 810 39
"Your mine," His voice is husky as he looks down at me. I shake me head and take a step back from him only to make contact with the wall behind me. ...