The Valentine's Note

By TryTillYouSucceed

"Strange," I remarked as the waitress left us at a table in the corner. "You seem like a person who has lots... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Announcement
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Announcement!
Trailer!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Update
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
New Book Announcement: Supernova

Chapter 16

19.4K 926 132
By TryTillYouSucceed

Ava's POV

"My parents will kill me if they are called into the Principal's office," Carla said as soon as we shut the door on the helpless faces of Seth, Derrick, Kian and Mason, the masterminds of the prank that may or may not get us suspended or expelled.

Sadly, I agreed with Carla. My parents won't be happy either. I don't want to see the disappointed look they'll give me.

"I know," I replied. "But for now let's just hope that our parents are not called in. It's not like we did something huge. This can be cleaned up."

"Speaking of cleaning up, we should make the guys clean this up for us," Kyla said, looking around at the mess in our trailer. We'd managed to dry up our suitcases and handbags but the rest of the room was still pretty wet.

"Why?" Carla questioned. "I mean, when you guys did the water thing, they cleaned up themselves. Shouldn't we do the same?"

My eyebrows rose slowly as I stared at her. She stared at both of our faces back and forth till I finally clapped my hands and said, "Alright then, Carla, you can start cleaning up while we supervise you."

Carla shot me a look and I returned it with a tight smile.

"We're so screwed," Kyla whined and plopped down on her bed.

"I know," Carla and I said in unison, which caused me to scowl.

Eventually, the three of us managed to clean the trailer. It took much longer than expected but the bucket the boys had left behind helped to carry water and use it to clean the trailer.

After that, Kyla helped me remove my bandage. It didn't hurt as much anymore; I even rotated my ankle and it was bearable. Deciding that the bandage was no longer needed, she sprayed some medicine on my foot and then I sat on my bed massaging it.

As I lied down, I sighed in relief. After such a long day, I thought sleep would come to me easily but it didn't. I kept tossing and turning on my bed, causing it to creak in the silent trailer.

When I couldn't take it anymore, I sat up and grabbed my hoodie, which was on the top of my bag. Pulling it on, I quietly walked out of the trailer, making sure to grab my phone on the way out.

I stood outside for a few minutes, breathing in the cool air. I could hear multiple insects making unique noises, which was oddly soothing. This was nice and pleasant. Finding such a serene and calm place where I lived was difficult. The only place that was sort of similar to the atmosphere here was the place Seth took me on the night he won his race.

Seth.

A surge of different emotions piled up for that one person. I honestly don't understand what I'm doing. At times, I'm fine with him hugging me and being close to me even though when he's doing all of those things, I find it annoying. At the same time, when he doesn't give me that attention and gives it to people like Carla, I just don't like it. I don't what kind of a feeling it is but it is not something I enjoy.

Exhaling, I began walking aimlessly. It probably was not the wisest decision considering I've already gotten myself into enough trouble for a day.

After walking for a few minutes, I found myself hearing the sound of water. I was near the beach. Following the sound of the water, I reached the beach which looked hauntingly beautiful at this hour. It was plain darkness beyond and cool sand under my flip flops.

I sat down, a good distance away from the water. Hugging my knees to me, I wrapped my arms around my legs to provide warmth from my hoodie's material.

I don't know how long I had been sitting there for, admiring the beauty of the beach, before I felt a buzz in my pocket.

Pulling my phone out, I saw that I had received a text from Sexiest man I know.

A slow smile formed on my face as I clicked it to see what he had sent me. Why was he still up?

Can't sleep?

My head whipped around to see if he was there and just like I had expected, he was standing a few feet away from me. Leaning against a tree in a pair of black sweatpants and a navy blue hoodie at 1:14 am, he still managed to look so good.

He waved at me and began walking towards me. I turned around to face the water again and soon enough, he was sitting next to me. None of us said anything or even acknowledged each other's presence. We simply watched the waves come forward and go back.

He was the one to break the silence by saying, "You didn't answer my question."

His voice was sounded raspy and deeper than usual, which was highly alluring.

"No, I can't," I responded, still not looking at him.

I could see his nod from the corners of my eyes.

"Don't you want to know how I knew you were here?" he questioned, finally turning to look at me. I still refused to do so.

"I'm interested," I replied with a shrug and a nod.

"Okay," he said slowly. "I saw you walk past our trailer. I know that sounds creepy but we decided to stay on watch in case any of you decided to prank us back for what we did today. I was sitting by the window when I saw you walk by. So, I followed you."

After a moment of silence, I said, "You're right, that is creepy."

He chucked in response, which caused me to smile.

"I'm sorry about today," he said, sounding sincere.

"It's not your fault," I said and shrugged. "We started it."

"I see your foot has healed," he commented, looking at my foot.

"Not entirely but it's getting there," I responded, examining my foot along with him.

"Good to know," he said genuinely.

Silence, again.

I glanced up to see stars in the sky. An instant smile curved out on my face. I don't usually get to see stars in the city, especially so many of them. There were twinkling just like in cartoons.

"They're so pretty, aren't they?" I asked, causing him to follow my gaze.

"If I said 'not as pretty as you', would that be cliché?" he inquired, making me laugh.

"Yes, it would," I replied, still laughing.

"Right, thought so," he said with a brisk nod.

We spent a few minutes stargazing before I said, "Why did Carla and you end things?"

Okay, very direct and could've been phrased better. I shall keep that in mind for the future.

"She broke up with me," he said and I waited for him to elaborate. "She claimed that we weren't compatible and that she'd lost feelings for me so we broke up."

"Oh," I said, not knowing what to say. "Did you like her a lot?"

"Yes, I did," he responded without any hesitation.

"Was it difficult for you?" I questioned.

"It was," he said, nodding.

"But you guys seem to be good friends now," I commented.

"We are," he replied.

Realising that he didn't want to talk about it, I dropped it and continue observing the stars.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked.

I finally looked at him and regretted not doing so for the past few minutes. His deep brown eyes were searching my face for something and his dark hair was messy and only became messier every time he ran his hands through it.

"Yes," I breathed.

"Do you have a problem with me hanging out with Carla?" he asked, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

Yes, I do because it makes me jealous.

There. I finally admitted it.

"What, no," I said, looking away. "Why would I?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. I've noticed that sometimes when I'm with her, you don't really seem to like it."

I raised my eyebrows and said, "So you can read minds now?"

"Nope, just facial expressions," he said, shooting me a cute smile.

"And my facial expressions say that I don't like it when you're with Carla?" I questioned, eyebrows still raised.

I know that what he's saying it quite true but I wasn't going to let him have the satisfaction of knowing that I was jealous because of him.

"Kind of, yeah," he agreed nodding.

"Wow," I said sarcastically. "You know, not everything revolves around you. Why should you talking to your ex make me jealous in any way? You can do whatever you like; it's none of my concern. Besides, it's kind of expected of you to-"

I shut up as soon his lips landed on mine.

What on earth was happening?

I could have moved away if I wanted to. I could have pushed him away if I wanted to. I could have even slapped him if I wanted to. I did none of those, though.

Instead, I found myself kissing him back.

I was kissing him.

I was kissing Seth Riley.

I was kissing Seth Riley, the boy I've been trying to avoid ever since Valentine's Day.

The kiss was demanding at first but then it became gentle as he placed his hand on my cheek, caressing it with his thumb. His other hand was on my hip, holding it firmly. Slowly, hesitantly, I wrapped my hands around his neck and let my fingers mess his hair up even more.

His lips were surprisingly soft. Not that I had been imagining what they would feel like on mine. He sat up on his knees, taking me along with him, not taking his lips off of mine. I was intoxicated by him.

He pulled away but kept his lips touching mine. "I have wanted to do that for a long time."

A/N- An update within 3 days. Are you guys proud of me? 

They kisssedd! Yayy! Were you expecting it? I hope not :3 This was more of a relaxed chapter and I thoroughly enjoyed writing. 

I was thinking of adding a cast so if you have any suggestions of who should be casted as Seth and Ava or any other characters, comment below and let me know! 

If you liked this chapter, please leave a vote and comment! I love to know what all of you think of what I've written.
Love you guys! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 7.6K 110
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
120K 5K 198
This story follows the early life of James also known by his street name Headshot or Shooter. James had an extremely rough childhood, one that turned...
1.1M 31.3K 52
{Ranked: - No #3 in chicklit -No #6 in lies -No #8 in cliché -No # 11 in player} Jaimie Perron left her old life in an rush, desperate for change bef...
2.5M 57.9K 29
Nora Walters has always been in love with her best friend's brother, Asher. Asher is a bad boy player, who is constantly going through girls like the...