The Badboy and the Prude

By ThatClassicLady

-Discontinued- "C'mon, Clyde. You can't possibly not want me. I notice how you look at me when you think I'm... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11-Part 1
Chapter 11-Part 2
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 27

18.9K 924 479
By ThatClassicLady

"Children! Gather 'round! Its time for the pinata!" yelled one chaperone. All the children dropped what they were doing and stampeded towards her.

I chuckled evilly to myself, before making my way to the circle. The chaperone had been standing in front of a curtained area.

"You guys ready?" she asked the kids. They all started cheering their responses and she pulled the curtain aside with a gleeful smile.

And there he was.

Carter was hanging upside down in a Chucky costume, but without the head. He looked royally pissed off as well. I started cracking up, and I opened the bag of baseball bats.

I pulled one out and walked to where the chaperone was standing. She looked shocked.

"Don't worry. He loves kids and he wanted to do this," I whispered.

"Who are you?" she asked me.

"I work here!" I said cheerfully.

"But where's your uniform?" she asked looking me up and down.

"They told me that I didn't have to where it today, because I'd be helping out with the kids," I lied.

"Oh! Okay then! But what about the candy?" she asked, looking at Carter.

"It's in there, no worries," I said with a cruel smirk. I walked up to Carter and looked at all the eager kids.

"You guys want candy?" I asked them.

"YEAH!!!!!" They all screamed happily.

"You wanna know how to find it?" I asked.

"YEAH!!!" They screamed again.

"Each of you grab a bat and watch me," I said, opening the bag for them. There were about 20 kids, and I had 15 bats. But, Adam came out with an arm full of bats and a smirk on his face.

Together we passed them out to the kids and there were just enough.

"Okay. Now that you've got your weapons-erm--I mean bats, watch me and my friend, Adam," I told them.

"No. Clyde please, I swear I didn't mean to lock you in that closet!" Carter whisper yelled.

"Man up, Carter. Their little kids! Their swings couldn't possibly hurt that much!" I whispered with a pat to his cheek.

I stepped back and swung at Carter. I wasn't cruel enough to hit him hard. Only enough to get some of the candy inside to fall out of the neck hole. I wasn't looking to hurt him.

"CANDY!!!!!" The kids all screamed.

"Yeah! There's candy inside! So step up, and take a swing. But try not to hurt each other, okay?" I told them.

"OKAY!" They agreed sweetly.

"Great! Have fun!" I said stepping away. The children stampeded towards Carter, all eagerly swinging at him and shaking more candy out. Some of them dropped their bats and dove for the candy. But others just seemed to enjoy the violence.

Carter was squirming and grunting as the children attacked him, and I couldn't help but feel a little remorse. Only a little.

Alex was next to me, laughing his ass off, while Adam was recording everything on his phone.

A lot of candy was tumbling out of the costume with each hit, and that just fueled the children even more. 

After about ten minutes, the candy had actually stopped falling after just five minutes, the kids decided they had purged enough, and they lunged for the candy instead.

Carter looked pissed, exhausted, and relieved at the same time.

"That was hilarious," Adam said as he shut off his phone.

"Those kids are monsters!" Alex laughed.

"Yeah, I'd hate to get on your bad side, Clyde," Adam added.

 "Well, what can I say? This diabotical brain wasn't given to me for nothing," I said smugly.

Later that day, I was sitting in the Pit with the guys. We were about to start rehearsals, and I had almost all of my lines memorized. The play was also in just one month.

The fact that this whole camp experience would end in just one month nearly brought me to tears. Besides my feud with Carter, I had a real great time here.

The guys were cracking jokes about something, while I was revising my script over and over and over. Mia and Lila were upstairs in the stage area, rehearsing along with all the other girls.

"Hey, I think I'm gonna go check on Mia and Lila, guys," I announced.

"Alright. Have fun, I guess?" Cade said awkwardly. I shook my head but smiled anyways and left. On stage, instead of rehearsing, Mia and Lila were sword fighting with foam swords.

"Have at thee, coward!" Lila said, jabbing at Mia. Mia jumped back to avoid getting "skewered".

"That all you got, codfish?" Mia said, quoting Peter Pan before doing a little twirl and jab.

"I'm only warming up," Lila responded. She then knocked the sword out of Mia's grasp.

Mia looked pissed off, but then she fell to her knees. "Ow! Oh shit! My ankle!"

"Mia, are you okay?" Lila asked, kneeling beside her and putting her sword down.

"Yep!" Mia said, quickly grabbing the fallen sword and jabbing Lila in the chest. "I win! Suck it, bitch!" Then she did a spasmic dance before Lila chased her off.

I laughed lightly to myself before moving towards the director's chair to sit down. I knew it would no doubt piss Carter off, so that's why I did it.

So, I sat down and reviewed my lines for the billionth time.

>Carter's POV<

I was still very much sore from earlier today.Those five year old demons really knew how to hit.....

See, I would normally get back at the little bitch for this, but I'm supposed to act like a jealous boyfriend.

It's like she knew what I was up to, so she chose then to do this to me. 

I was backstage, headed to my director's chair, when I saw the devil herself sitting in my seat revising her lines.

For a second there, I just stared at her. Half of me wanted to burn her alive and piss on her ashes, but the other part wanted to hold her like a little bitch.

I stormed forward and was about to shove her out of the seat, but then a thought nudged its way into the spotlights of my mind.

Be good to her.....then, she'll like you, and Gage can't have her......

I took a deep breath, raining in my anger, and I stood beside her.

"Revising your lines?" I asked, even though it was obvious what she was doing. She jumped a bit and calmed down once she noticed it was me.

"Yeah, what does it look like?" she asked.

"No need for the attitude! Im not even pissed off about what you did," I said with a fake smile.

"Really? You're not?" she asked.

"Nope! Anyway, let's get ready for rehearsals, yeah?" I said, holding out my hand to help her down.

"Um, sure," she drawled unsurely. She carefully took my hand and I helped her down before dropping it.

She looked up at me. "What's wrong with you?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You're acting....human."

I rolled my eyes. "Just get in position. I'll gather everyone else."

 Clyde did as told, for once, and I walked off to gather everyone. Cade walked over and handed me my megaphone.

"BITCHES, GATHER 'ROUND!" I screamed through it. I felt bad for anyone standing within five feet of me then. Everyone formed a semicircle in front of me, even Clyde.

"Today, we're rehearsing scene 5,6, and 7. So, let's start with scene five where Cinderella goes off on the bitch family, because they won't let her attend the party," I instructed.

Everyone got in their positions, and I sat by with the guys and watched.

<Clyde's POV>

I stood in front of Mia, Lila, and another girl named Bella, who was playing the overly religious stepmom.

"And....ACTION!" Carter screamed through the megaphone.

"And where are you going?" Mia asked bitchily. She really knows how to get into character....

"I'm going to the party, where else?" I retorted just the same.

"Looking like that?" Lila scoffed.

"Like what?" I asked, taking threatening steps towards her.

"Like a two cent hooker," she said smugly.

I reared my fist back, like the script instructed, and Lila squealed and scurried behind the "stepmom".

Bella rolled her eyes and glared at me. "Cinderella, listen to me. If you go to this party, you will disgrace this family's religious reputation. Do us all a favor and dress like a lady, or please go lock yourself away in a tomb and never come out," she concluded.

"Yeah, that's really something that a leadership member should say to their stepdaughter," I responded.

"You know what? I've had enough of your attitude. Instead of going to the party, I want you to go to the church's altar and have the priest anoint you. Then, you will come back here and read the bible. When I come back, I want you to tell me everything that happen starting from the book of Genesis to Revalations," Bella said.

And with that, Bitch 1, 2, and 3 turned and walked away.

"That was perfect!" Carter said, stepping up. "Especially you, Clyde. I could really feel your character."

What?!

"What?" I asked, voicing my thoughts.

"Yeah, I sincerely do not regret my casting decision," he said with a smile.

I furrowed my eyebrows suspiciously at him, but I said nothing.

"Okay then. Since that scene is perfect, let's move on! Scene 6 cast, you're up," he announced. Another guy, who would play the random street guy who gives Cinderella the dress, walks up. His name is Chance, and he's a real cool guy.

"Ready, Clyde?" he asks, standing next to me.

"Aren't I ever, Chancy?" I tease.

He shakes his head and laughs. "I'll be over there," he says, pointing to his rightful place.

"You do that," I said with a wink.

"Why did you wink at him?" Carer asked.

"What's it to ya?" I asked.

"You shouldn't be winking at other guys. Do you want them to portray you as a whore?" he asked, getting serious.

"And this is coming from the guy whose penis has been in more 'holes' than a prairie dog," I said, putting quotations around "holes".

"Oh don't be such a jealous virgin. You know what you have to say when you want me. But meanwhile, stop being so damn flirty with other guys," he said, irritated.

"Stop flirting? Who are you, my boyfriend?" I demanded.

"No, I'm just looking out for you. Calm down," he said calmly.

"Don't tell me to calm down! You have no right to bump your way into my life and pretend you care!" I exclaimed.

Who was he to tell me to stop flirting?? I wasn't even flirting with Chance!

I stormed off, right when he was about to retort, and I got in my position with everyone else. What sucked was that in the next scene, I would have to kiss Carter....and I was royally pissed at him at that moment.

"Action!" Carter called through the megaphone.

I sarted to wander, as my script instructed. I was supposed to look pissed, and grumbling, so I did just that, though the first part was not too difficult.

"You lost?" Chance asked, in character.

"Um, no. Just heading to the royal party," I said, trying to push past him.

"Dressed in that? Nothing wrong with the dress, or anything--hell, I think it looks great on you--but it's too revealing for the royal party," he said, motioning towards my body.

"Oh yeah? And what do you suppose I wear then?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"I might have something in my car. Come with me," he said with a smile.

I followed him to a part of the stage wear there would be a car. He pretended to hand me a dress.

"Wear did you get this?" I asked, awed.

"I stole it," he said flatly.

"What?" I asked, as if wondering if I heard correctly.

"You heard me. I stole it. Now do you want it or no?" he asked.

"Of course I want it!" I said, hugging the imaginary dress.

"Great! You can change in my car, and I'll drive you there." he said.

"You're not gonna try to rape me or anything, are you?" I asked cautiously.

He winked. "No promises, darling."

"What's your name anyway?" I asked, getting in the "car", which, for now, was just two chairs seated side by side.

"I'm Daniel. What about you?" he asked.

"Im Cinder," I said, cutting the name short.The script said that it was to preserve any recognition.

"Nice name," he complimented.

"Thank you," I said with an arrogant smirk.

"By the way, I'm gonna need that dress back by midnight. I'm selling it to some other girl," he said.

"Of course!" I responded with a grin.

"CUT!" Carter yelled through the megaphone.

"What?!" I demanded, turning to Carter in annoyance.

"You guys are too flirty. Cinderellla doesn't flirt with the random street guy, Clyde," he said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Cinderells is a prostitute!" I argued. He better be grateful that I don't have laser vision...

"Well, Cinderella doesn't get flirty with Chance!" he retorted almost childishly.

"Flirty, Carter?" I asked, walking towards him slowly.

"Yep. Exactly," he said, with a smug grin.

"I think we better clear the stage area. World War 3 is about to break out," I heard Chance say to every one on stage. People cautously cleared out. It was perfect because if I maimed Carter, there would be no witnesses.

"I don't know what the hell is up with you, but you seriously need to quit with that damn over-protective boyfriend act!" I commanded.

"It's not an over-protective boyfriend act! Don't flatter yourself, Clyde!" he defended. 

"Then what is it?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"It's me being a good friend," he said sincerely.

I laughed sarcastically and said, "Seriously."

"I am being serious! Is it really that much of a shocker that I want to be a good friend?" he asked, sounding almost sarcastic.

"Yes! Because ever since day 1, you've been trying to bed me!"

"Im a changed man, Clyde," he said, resting one hand onb my shoulder. I glared at that hand and he quickly removed it.

"Even if you were not lying, friends don't start screaming at the other friend to stop flirting," I said spitefully.

"Well I am," he said defiantly.

"Just stop it!"

"And why should I?" he asked, stepping closer.

"Because it's a pain in my ass, that's why," I said stepping closer as well. I wouldn't let him think he could make me back down.

"And if I don't stop?" he asked, closing in. Our lips were now only a few inches apart. I grew aware of this small distance, and I was about to scramble away, when I saw a smirk adorn his lips.

I would not give his pride the satisfaction.

"I might just do this," I said leaning in. He looked surprised, but leaned in as well.

I'm pretty sure I surprised him more when I kicked his shin.He grunted and fell to the floor, clutching his shin.

"You didn't really think I'd kiss you, did you?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Well I am unbelievably irresistable," he said, steadily standing up.

"Even in pain, you find a way to inflate your ego even more," I muttered. Carter rolled his eyes and called everyone back in.

"Dude you're alive?" Cade asked in shock.

"Of course. She wouldnt do anything," he scoffed, sending me a teasing wink. I shook my head and turned away with am annoyed roll of my eyes.

Rehearsal went by the same after that. Carter kept telling me to "quit being so damn sexually appealing to the male member"--his words, not mine--and he had surprisingly not tried anything during our kiss scene.

I walked out of the theatre, clutching my script in my hand. I was supposed to hang out with Mia and Lila tonight, but they hung back to "settle unfinished business". I could only guess it had to do with their earlier sword fight.

"Why so alone?" asked a random voice from behind me. I squealed in surprise, throwing up my script in the process.

I found Carter cracking up behind me. "So you are a screamer!"

"What the hell, Carter?" I demanded, bending to pick up my script.

"What? I just wanted to walk you back to whereever it is you're going," he said with an almost sweet smile. Almost....

"What is up with you? Seriously," I said, finally.

"What are you talking about? I'm just being nice!" he said.

"No. You're up to something, aren't you? Is this payback or something?" I asked.

"No. Just me being a friend," he said.

"I don't believe that. You're getting back at me. Your trying to get my guard down, then you're gonna catch me by sur[rise with your prank, aren't you?"

"Clyde-"

"That is what you're up to! It's makes perfect sense! Well, Carter, my guards are up higher than they were before. You're not getting me this time," I said before stalking off.

>Carter's POV<

What the hell will it take to get that girl to trust me?!

Everything I do creates a rising suspicion inside her and I don't get what the hell I have to do to get her to believe that I mean well!

I can already see the look of vulnerability and heartbreak on her face, if Gage got what he wanted. I shuddered. I would not let that happen, but how do I get Clyde to trust me?

Am I coming on too strong?

Should I maybe profess some random undying love for her?

No, that's a terrible idea. If I told Clyde I loved her, even if I had meant it, not only would she reject me, humiliate me, and use it against me, but she would also think it was some part of my non-existant "diabotical" prank.

But then again, maybe she would believe me and let me take care of her....

The chance of that happening was as likely as me being unattractive. Or, impossible, in other words.

I'll just wing it.

So, with that, I stalked off in the direction that Clyde was headed.

I found her walking to her cabin. It was perfect, since all the girls were headed to the lounge with the guys.

She stepped in and shut the cabin door behind her. I hurried towards the building and stood on the porch.

Sucking in a deep breath, I prepared myself to do the most humiliating, most horrible sick twisted think that could ever exist.

I was preparing to be in love. Sure I'd be faking it, but to even demean my being and pretend to be so whipped was enough to make me shiver in disgust.

This was not who I was. But, I couldn't let Gage play Clyde like that.

So, with that, I stormed into the cabin, surprising Clyde for the billionth time today.

"Carter, what are you doing here?" she demanded.

"I need to talk to you," I said as seriously as I could. I would consider myself a good actor....

"What is it this time?" she asked wearily.

"Clyde, do you hate me?" I asked as a starter.

Of course I already knew the answer......she loves me! Who doesn't?

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Carter..." she started sincerely, "of course I hate you."

"Be serious," I said flatly. 

"Why are you asking anyways?" she asked, stalking towards me.

I took a deep breath. How did these cheesy scenes go in the movies again?

Didn't they have shit roses and chocolates? And aren't I supposed to break out into tears?

Fuck it. I'll wing it.

"Because, Clyde I love you," I said quietly, while bowing my head. 

This is so fucking embarassing!

 "What?" she asked. "I didn't hear you."

"I said..." I started, drawing in a shaky breath to add effect. "I said I-I love you."

She blinked.

Please fall for it!

Then she cracked up. I knew it! Of course she wouldn't take me seriously!

"Seriously, Clyde," I said flatly. I called upon my tear ducts and I saw the tears blur my vision.

"Are you about to cry? My God, you are serious, aren't you?" she asked approaching me.

Start to walk away! Just like those cheesy ass movies!- I told myself.

"Fuck it. Forget I said anything," I mumbled, turning away with my shoulders slumped in defeat. This is not me! I should be walking away proudly and confidently. Not walking away like a whipped puppy.

She didn't say anything as I slowly walked away towards the door.

Say something, bitch!!

"C-Carter, wait," she said finally.

"Please," I said dramatically. "Don't you hurt me anymore than you already have."

"Carter," she started sympathetically.

Ha! She's totally buying this bullshit! 

"What?" I snapped with a hint of heartbreak.

"I'm sorry. I don't feel the same," she said, resting her hand on my shoulder.

I don't either!

"Okay, fine. I get it," I said turning away.

"Dammit, I'm not done with you," she said.

"What, Clyde?"

"I just have to say......that I totally didn't fall for that bullshit act," she said, finishing with a flat look. Then, she cracked up.

"Uh-w-what are y-you t-t-talking about?" I stuttered with a sniffle.

"You know what I'm talking about! Though, I give you props for your acting! Now how many cheesy romance movies did you have to watch to know how this scene would go?" she asked smugly.

I rolled my eyes. "Not much. But Cale is a cheesy boyfriend to Ari as is."

"But why did you do it?" she asked, laughing a little more.

I shrugged. "I was bored," I lied.

"Riight," she drawled sarcastically. "It was all part of your payback! Admit it!"

"Actually, you're wrong on that part. I really am genuinly treating you like a friend. But the confession was out of sheer boredom," I said, crossing my arms defiantly.

"You sure the friend act was real? I find that hard to believe..." she said cautiously.

"It was as real as my sex appeal," I said with a smirk. Clyde rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, in that case it wasn't real," she said.

"Now, Clyde, you know damn well I am irresistable."

"I'm not denying that you're hot, Carter. But your arrogant attitude towards everyone kind of deflects that. Maybe if you were as sweet as Cale-"

"And this is where I stop listening," I interrupted.

"Carter, listen!" she insisted. "At the beginning of the summer, yes I was indeed saving myself for marriage. But now, I don't care, honestly. The only thing keeping me from having sex with you is your bad attitude."

"You mean to tell me that if I just treated you better, you'd do it?" I asked skeptically.

"No, no, no. I'm not just gonna hand myself over to the first guy who compliments my shoes or something. But if you were a better person, I'd like you, and we would have done it already. But don't bother trying anymore because for one, I don't trust you. Two, you're an ass. And three, I don't like you," she said.

"Well why the hell didn't you make that point sooner!"

"Because if I did, then you would stop at nothing to bed me. And truely, that's not the kind of thing I need. Now, would you do me the kind favor of leaving, please?"

I rolled my eyes. "Fine, fine. You prude."

I heard her laugh lightly from behind me as I left.

<Clyde's POV>

 Did I really just admit all that to Carter? Now he'd be even more intend on deflowering me, and he wouldn't pay Samanthat any attention, and I'd never get him off my ass!

 And I also inflated his ego by admitting he was hot!

Now you've really done it! -noted You/me.

Though, when Carter had first said he "loved me", I nearly believed it! But then You/me reminded me of his payback, and I took a lucky guess and called his bluff.

Though I felt something stir in my stomach at his "confession". Queasiness maybe?

I shook my head of my thoughts and I walked out of the cabin to meet the girls at the lounge.

*****

The next day, at breakfast, Samantha sat with us again. I had decided to start being the clingy pain in the ass today, and I let the girls in on my plan as well, to prevent shock.

As soon as I saw Carter strolling to the table dressed in his usual black attire, I scrambled from my seat and wrapped my arms around his bicep.

"Hey Carter! Where the hell have you been? I missed you!" I said perkily. It makes me sick that I'm acting like this...

"What did you sniff this morning?" he asked immediately and cautiously.

"Nothing. Am I not aloud to miss you? Jeez!" I scoffed playfully. I pulled him over to the table where the guys were all gaping and the girls were sniggering, including Samantha.

"Whatever, Clyde," he said, letting me sit him down. I then seated myself across his lap and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"Need me to get you breakfast?" I asked innocently with a smile. 

"Okay, what's your deal, seriously," Carter said, unwrapping my arms from his neck. Instead of letting him do so, I quickly tightened my hold, pressing my chest against his.

"Nothing. What would make you say such a thing?" I asked in his ear. Then, just for effect, I planted a light kiss against his neck and I pulled back.

His eyes were alert and his jaw went slack from shock. The girls at this point were cracking up and the guys were shocked silent.

I think I was doing great so far...

 >Carter's POV<

Clyde was definetly up to something. I didn't know what it was, so, because she was so suddenly into me, I went along with my plan of being Mr. boyfriend.

This would only be easier because she would actually be participating. So, instead of sitting there with my jaw slack, I shut my mouth and smirked down at Clyde. She wouldn't suspect a thing.

I wrapped my arms around her slim waist and pulled her impossibly closer. But first, I decided to test if she really was up to something.

"Just a kiss to my neck, Clyde? Don't be such a prude," I teased in her ear. She pursed her lips a bit because planting one right on mine.

"Woah!" the guys all said.

"Clyde's gone over the edge," I heard Adam say.

Clyde pulled back before we could go any farther and she smirked. "How's that for a prude?" she said under her breath for just me to hear.

"Not enough," I said noarrowing my eyes at her.

"Nice try. I'm not that easy, babe!" she said in that perky voice again.

I had two theories in mind.

A: Clyde got abducted by her alien race and they replaced her with a sluttier verison.

B: She was seriously up to something....

<Clyde's POV>

I didn't even know I was staring at Carter until he said something arrogant about it.

"Like what you see?" he asked me.

My normal response would be something snappy and rude. But the clingy me said, "Of course!"

This caused him to look at me strangely again. I returned his stare with a sweet smile, then I rested my head against his shoulder.

The guys were still sending us weird and suspecting glances, but the girls, especially Mia and Lila, were smirking knowingly at me.

'What?' I mouthed.

'You like him,' Mia mouted back.

I made a horrified expression before mouthing, 'Ew! No way!'

Mia and Lila rolled their eyes while Carson, Samantha, Ladi and Ari sniggered.

"Come with me," Carter whispered. I stood up and so did he. I immediately grabbed his hand in both of mine and he led me away. Once outside, he immediately faced me.

"What are you up to?" he demanded, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What are you talking about, babe?" I asked, feighing confusion.

"You know what I'm talking about. You're up to something," he said.

"No, I'm not!" I protested.

"Then what's with all the touching and kissing," he said making weird notions with his fingers.

I smirked and stepped closer. "Can't a girl just show a bit of affection?"

"No. Not if that girl is you! Does it have to do with our whole confession yesterday?" he asked.

"No," I drawled innocently. Then I took his hand again and smiled. "Let's just get back in the cafeteria and enjoy some food, eh?"

He narrowed his eyes before nodding in agreement. As I led him away, I felt him wrap his arm around my waist, causing that qeasiness to start.

Am I alergic to Carter?

"Alergic to me? What the hell?" Carter asked weirdly.

"I spoke out loud again, didn't I?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yeah, you did," he said rolling his eyes.

"Meh. Whoops," I said, bringing myself more into his side. We were about to walk into the cafeteria when he stopped.

"Let's ditch breakfast for today," he said suddenly.

"Sure! Whatever you want," I said sweetly.

He gave me that weird look again before leading me off. We were headed towards the dock, and it was then that I realized that Carter hadn't asked me for a cigarette in a long time.

"Hey Carter, what happen to your smoking addiction?" I asked.

"Meh. I've been chewing nicorette gum and it's helped. I'm almost completely over it," he said.

"Where'd you get the gum?" I asked.

"I bought it."

In a sense, I felt relief and pride for Carter when he said this. He'd been loyal. When he could have just bought more cigarettes, he bought something that would help him more instead.

"You okay?" he asked.

"I just feel proud that you were actually loyal to your promise. You could have bought more cigarettes but instead you bought gum! And it's not even the real thing!" I said smiling up at him.

He smiled back. "Of course I stayed loyal. You seemed so serious about helping me."

"Yeah, but you'd think that I'd be the last person you would want to impress," I said.

"Nah," he said, sitting us down at the edge of the dock.

Continuing with my act, I rested my head against his shoulder and he pulled me more into his side.

*****

"Should I wear this dress? Or this dress?" I asked the girls on Saturday night. I was getting ready for my date-or friendly meet up--with Hunter, and I was struggling not to go crazy.

Everything I did felt like it wasn't good enough! I was either too sexy or too girly!

"Okay, Clyde, calm down. Wear this dress," Ari said, bringing out a simple navy blue dress. It was halter top and when I put it on, It hugged all my curves, flattering my being.

"Ari, thanks! It's perfect! Not too sexy, and not too childish!" I said, admiring myself in the mirror.

"Well, your not going barefoot, are you?" Ladi asked, bringing out some black pumps.

"Psht. I remembered shoes, Ladi," I said, slipping on the shoes.

"And your earrings Clyde! Don't forget those!" Lila said giving me my diamond earrings.

"And don't forget your clutch," Mia said handing it over.

"Clyde, your cheeks coud use a little more blush," Carson said, coming up and fixing my make up for me.

"Thanks guys," I said to them.

"Oh, sure thing! Have fun on your date!" Mia called as I left the cabin.

>Carter's POV< 

I was sneaking around on Clyde's cabin's porch when I heard her footsteps coming towards the door. I quickly hid and heard Mia call, "Oh sure thing! Have fun on your date!"

Date? Since when did Clyde date?

I couldn't let her go on a date and enjoy it if I was gonna be an over protective boyfriend. I had to follow her and ruin it.

 >Clyde's POV<

I was sitting in the car with Hunter, on the way to the restaurant.

We were both laughing and talking on the way, and the mutant dragons in my stomach were on rampage.

"Okay, okay. What's the most embarassing thing that's ever happen to you?" I asked him.

"Well, once when I was 16 I was trying to impress this girl I was into. It was Valentines day, and I didn't hesitate to go out of my way to show her I really liked her. I bought all the cliche things. Chocolate, flowers, all that shit. I had heard that she was into serenades, so I sang to her. Only to get rejected because she had a girlfriend." he said with a grimace.

I covered my mouth and laughed into my palms. "Sh-she was gay?"

He nodded but joined my laughter. "Yeah, I was heartbroken, but I got over it. And guess what."

"What?" I asked.

"I told you to guess!" he said, flicking my nose but keeping his eyes on the road.

"Okay, okay. I'm guessing she.......offered to be friends?"

"Yep! That's exactly what she did. Can you believe that?"

"What's wrong with it?" I asked, not getting what the big deal is.

He glanced at me incredulously. "Clyde, that is a blow to a guy's ego! If he wants you intimately, you can't reject him and offer to be friends!"

"Why not? What's the big deal? I do it all the time!"

"That's like telling a fat kid that he can't have a cupcake, but he can stare at it for eternity instead. When you women offer to be just friends, it like you're rubbing it in our faces! We can stare, but we can't have it," he explained.

"Oh.....I get your point. But if the girl doesn't like you back, then what is she supposed to say?" I asked.

"She can turn him down, but don't ask to be friends, for Christ's sake. That's insulting."

"Well okay then," I said. Then I looked out the window at the rear view mirror. "Hey, is it me, or is that black  car following us?" I asked, feeling my breathing quicken.

Hunter looked out his mirror and furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not sure. Hold on."

Hunter swerved off the main road and turned onto a different street. The black car stayed on the main road, but noticably slowed down. Hunter didn't seem to notice this, so he just turned back onto the main road.

"I guess not," he said, smiling reassuringly at me.

"Yeah, I'm just a little paranoid," I said, calming my breathing.

"Why?" Hunter asked.

"Um-I don't really like to talk about it," I said nervously.

"Sure, it's okay," Hunter said, nodding in understanding.

"Thank you," I said, smiling.

"So, what's your story?" he asked.

"My story?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your most embarassing story. What is it?" he asked.

"Oh! Well in third grade I had this sort of boyfriend of mine, and all he ever did was hold hands. He never kissed me or hugged me or anything, and I was getting annoyed because I remembered that that's what couples did in the movies my mom would watch. So one day I got sick of it and I grabbed his face and planted one on his lips. He screamed 'cooties' and ran off. By the way, this was in the middle of the cafeteria, so everyone saw it," I said, feeling a blush rise to my cheeks. I was still embarassed about it.

Hunter found it hilarious and burst out laughing. He was laughing so hard that tears were leaking out of his eyes.

"It's not funny!" I protested playfully.

"Yes it is!" Hunter laughed.

I giggled a bit. "Okay, it is a little bit."

"Is that really your most embarassing story? Or are you too chicken to confess the real thing?"

"That really is the most embarassing thing, because the kids kept teasing me after that by calling me Cootie Clyde!" I said.

Hunter burst out laughing again. "Cootie Clyde? That's so.....immature!"

"Well, we were third graders. But then I got detention because I called the boy Punk-Ass Pj," I said.

"His name was Pj? And you cursed back then?" he asked, still laughing a little bit.

"Yeah, his name was Pj, and I was just repeating what I would hear. I didn't know it was a bad word!" I said.

"No, Punk-Ass Pj is a hilarious comeback," he said.

"Thank you!" I said proudly.

"Well, we're here!" Hunter said pulling in a parking lot. The restaurant in front of us looked gorgeous from just the outside. I stepped out of the car.

"It looks so pretty," I said, gazing at the mostly glass buiding. It reminded me of the Cullen home in Twilight.

"It's italian," he said, smiling down at me.

"Yes!" I cheered, punching the air.

"I thought you'd like it. So, let's go in," he said, placing his hand at the small of my back. The dragons in my stomach went insane.

>Carter's POV<

Typical Hunter....bringing my--or Clyde-- to an italian restaurant. If they think their just gonna have a good time, then they are damn wrong. Being me, I can't let her have fun with other guys, especially my older cousin, who she obviously liked.

I had been following them in the black convertible, and I had put the hood up so that Clyde wouldn't recognise it, when Hunter swerved off the road. I could only guess that they figured out that a black car was following them. So, I continued along the road, already knowing where he was headed. Hunter had always been like a brother to me, so I knew him too well.

I walked into the restaurant, a few minutes after them, and a waiter led me to my table, which was only a few away from Clyde's and Hunter's.

The waiter handed me a menu, and I quickly held it over my face, but below my eyes, to prevent recognision.

I noticed Clye'd attire, and I felt a sneer adorn my face. She should only dress up like that for me, right?

They started laughing and talking as they looked over the menu and the sight made me sick.. I'd maim Hunter for this. I'd told him I was into Clyde!

The waiter who was serving their table came over to mine and asked for my order. I ordered something random, then I pulled out a fifty dollar bill.

"Would you do me a favor and go to that table and take the woman's cellphone for me please?" I asked him, pointing to Clyde's table.

"Sir, I'm afraid I can't-"

"Please," I started, forcing tears to well up in my eyes, "she's my wife and it's an emergency. Her mother just passed too."

He still seemed unsure, so I held up the fifty.

He sighed and descretly accepted it. "Of course, sir." He left my table and dissappeared in the staff area.

I was about to go after him, thinking he robbed me, but he came back out with a tray of appetizers. He stopped at Clyde's table and bent down to settle the food in front of them. 

Hunter and Clyde were looking at the waiter and thanking him. The waiter laid his white gloved hand on Clyde's cellphone, whick was lying facedown on the table, and he slipped it up his cuffed sleeve.

Smiling politely, he left with the tray and came to my table.

"I've got it," he said with a bit of regret.

"Thank you. You've done a good thing," I said.

"Aren't you a bit young to be married?" he asked, handing me the phone.

"Uh- I-erm-rub chocolate on my face everyday, and leave it for a couple minutes. It-uh-prevents wrinkles and aging," I stuttered.

The waiter looked surprised. "Really? I oughta tell my wife! How old are you really?"

"Uh-45," I lied. 

45?!?! He'd never believe that!

"My God! It's a miracle! Thank you, sir," he said, walking away.

No. Thank you, sir.....

 I picked up Clyde's cellphone and changed the time on it to about an hour back. Then, I did the same to mine. I went back on her phone and sent a message to myself before whistling the waiter back over.

"Yes sir?" he said once he came.

"Give me a menu and put this phone back at her table, please," I said.

"Of course." He slipped the phone up his sleeve and handed me a menu before disappearing in the staff area. I hid behind the menu. He returned with a tray of drinks. Stopping at Clyde's table, he pretended to pick up her phone for her before walking off. 

With that, I stood up.

<Clyde's POV>

I was having so much fun with Hunter, and I think he was starting to see me as a lady rather than  a little girl.

He was in the middle of telling me a story about his childhood, when I heard it.

"Hey, Clyde!" he said. I felt my eye twitch and fists clench around my silverwear.

Remember to be a cling-on...no matter how much the little punk irritates you.....

"Hey, babe!" I said through clenched teeth. Carter pulled up a seat beside me.

"Thanks for the invite. I really appreciate it," he said.

"Invite?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah! Clyde told me to meet you guys here! She said she couldn't stand being away from me for too long," Carter said.

"Woah, what?!" I demanded.

"Check you phone, babe," he said smugly.

I pulled it out and checked my messages. Sure enough, there was a message there to Carter saying:

Hey Carter!

I'm going out with Hunter, and I'd really like it if you come too. Just meet us at the that one italian restaurant closest to camp. If you're wondering why, it's because I'd miss you way too much if you weren't there.

 Kisses! -Clyde<3

"I never sent this!" I said, in shock.

"Yeah you did. It says it right there that you sent it about an hour ago!" Carter said, pointing to my screen.

"It's okay, Clyde. The more the merrier, eh?" Hunter said. Then he sent a sly smile to Carter. "So why were you so quick to come, Carter? I thought you and Clyde were enemies."

I looked to Carter and I saw him sending death glares to his cousin. "She's my friend, Hunter. That's all."

"Oh? Only a friend? Or is there more to it?" Hunter questioned.

I felt so confused. I felt like they were both speaking in some secret language called Bro-code or something.

"Hey, let's just enjoy our food, guys. Carter's already here, right?" I said cheerily. I wouldn't let my anger get the best of me or my plan. And to prove it to myself, I even scoot closer to Carter and I secretly laid my hand on his thigh.

He jumped a little bit from shock, but smirked arrogantly at me.

His eyes clearly explained why he was here: To ruin my date.

'Game on,' I mouthed before turning back to Hunter with a smile.

Our food arrived, apparently Carter had already ordered, and I refused to remove my hand from it's intimate position on Carter's body.

Eating with left hand was not as easy as it sounded, and Hunter had tried to make small talk amongst all of us, but Carter would turn it to some arguement between he and his cousin.

To get him to shut up, I slid my hand farther up his leg, making him freeze with his eyes wide and his mouth frozen in the middle of conversation.

His head wipped towards me. "I understand you want me, but this is not the time and place," he hissed discretely.

I smirked and started tracing circles with my thumb. "I beg to differ. You started this."

"Are you okay, Clyde? You look a little evil right now," Hunter said.

"Everything is just peachy," I said with an evil grin. "So, Hunter, finish that story you were telling me, before we were rudely interrupted.

"Rudely interrupted? You sent me the--OUCH!" he yelped, jerking in his seat. I'd cut off his rant with a sharp pinch to his leg.

"What's wrong, Carter?" I asked with fake worry.

"Nothing you need to worry about, honey," he said, putting thick emphasis on "honey".

I pursed my lips and slid my hand farther up. He grabbed it, digging his fingers deep into the skin, and forced me to stop. 

"So, Carter, Clyde was just now telling me about her boyfriend back home," Hunter said with a discrete wink in my direction.

I'm guessing that wink meant 'Just go with it!'

I noticed that Carter's face hardened. Then, he turned to me and said throughclenched teeth, "Boyfriend?"

"Um- yeah! His name is James," I said. James was actually my best friend back home, but he'd pretended to be my boyfriend before.

"Really now?" Carter asked challengingly. "Call him then."

Hunter looked at me worriedly and I smirked.

"Fine," I said, pulling out my phone. I scrolled for James' contact and I called him.

After only two rings, he picked up. "Clyde?"

"Hey, babe! Long time no talk!" I said.

"Am I pretending to be your boyfriend again?" he asked flatly.

"Of course I missed you too!" I said, hoping he'd get the damn hint.

"Oh! You're with people! Ok, ok," he said, finally understanding.

"Yeah, a friend of mine here didn't believe me when I told him about you, so lemme just pass him the phone," I said.

"That's ok. Should I be over protective or friendly?" he asked.

"The usual," I said.

"Perfect. Lemme at 'em" he said.

I handed Carter the phone with a victorious smirk. He glared at me, but snatched the phone.

"Hello," he started, he started, walking away from the table to speak in private.

Hunter sent me a questioning look. "Who was that?"

"My best friend James. We've been sitiuations like this before and he pretends to be my boyfriend, while I pretend to be his girlfriend," I explained.

He sniggered into his palm and sent me a congradulatory smile. "Nice."

Carter looked royally pissed off as he spoke to James, and I could only guess it was because James was being the arrogant/jerk boyfriend.

After a coupled minutes, he returned and shoved the phone into my hand.

"James?" I spoke into the phone.

"Hey, Clyde! Yeah, this guy is really into you. He was being so protective and shit! It was hilarious. Although, his ego is just as bad as mine," James said, laughing.

I giggled. "Thanks, James. I love you!" I said. Carter looked at me in shock. Of course, he didn't know that I loved James as a brother, not a boyfriend. But why should he look at me like that anyway? What's his business if I actually was in love with James?

"Love you too, Clyde. Later," he said.

"Bye," I responded, hanging up.

"You love that prick?" Carter questioned.

"Of course! And he isn't a prick," I said. 

"Of course he is! He's arrogant, and he's an ass-"

"And you were basically speaking to another version of yourself, Carter. Now you know how I felt when we first met!" I said smugly.

"Okay, so if he's so much like me, then why do you hate me and not him?" he challenged.

"Because he treats me better than you do! And I don't hate you anymore, Carter. I'm just not particularly acceptant of your attitude. Why do you care anyways?"

"Yeah, Carter, why do you care?" Hunter questioned smugly.

"Because a friend is supposed to care," he said grudgingly.

"Your not even acting like a friend! You're acting like some jealous ex!" I exclaimed.

"That's what you think," he countered. "Friends always act like overprotective assholes! Especially if their other is a woman."

He called me a woman.....Hunter never referred to me as a woman before. Mostly as a little girl...

I found myself smiling genuinly. "Fine, fine. You're right."

"I know I am. And why are you smiling like that? You actually look nice," he said, looking down at me suspiciously.

I shook my head. "I just felt like smiling. Is that an issue?"

"Yes. Because you're you."

I said nothing after that, and the waiter came by to drop off the check. Hunter and Carter immediately lunged for it.

They glared menacingly at each other. See, if there's anything I've learned from MTV's GirlCode, it's that you always let the guy pay the check, or their pride and egos will plummet to nothing.

But what do you do when you have two egotistical guys fighting to pay the check? 

"Let go, Carter, I've got it," Hunter said commandingly.

"You let go. I've got it," Carter replied through clenched teeth. I could tell that if I didn't step in, there would be bloodshed.

"Guys, why don't you both pay half and half?" I suggested.

Their heads whipped towards me simultaneously, and for a second I thought they'd bite my head off.

But they looked back at each other and grudgingly agreed. Both of them pulled out fifty dollar bils and stuffed it into the book. The bill totalled up to just around seventy-five, counting Carter's meal.

They were leaving quite a tip for the waiter.

The waiter came back and picked up the check folder.

"The change is tip," Carter informed him. The waiter raised his eyebrows in shock.

"Thank you," he said. "And thanks for that chocolate tip."

"Uh-s-sure. Y-your welcome," Carter stuttered. What's that about?

"Has you emergency been handled? Is everything fine?" he asked, worriedly.

"Yes, it's all fine now. Thank you," he said, looking panicked and nervous.

"I'm sorry about your mother," the waiter said, looking to me.

My mother?

He walked away, not noticing the confusion on my face. "What was he talking about, Carter?" I asked.

"Who knows. He's an old geaser. We better be heading back to camp now, Clyde. Let's go!" he said, hurriedly standing up.

"What's the rush?" Hunter asked Carter.

"No rush. We just have to head back," he said, grabbing my hand.

"No, I'm going with Hunter," I argued, trying to snatch my hand back.

"It's okay, Clyde. You can go with Carter," he said, smiling knowingly at Carter.

"No, Hunter. I came with you," I said.

"Clyde," he started, with a stern expression. I really am a child to him! "Just go with Carter, okay?" he said in a codescending tone.

I felt the dragons in my stomach start to cry and screach, and I just wanted to scream in aggravetion. What made Hunter think I was such a child?!

"Fine," I said a bit sullenly. I let Carter take me away, not noticing, then, that our fingers were laced tightly together.

"You okay, Clyde?" Carter asked.

"Yeah, of course," I said, most likely not convincingly.

"No you're not," he said, giving me a flat look. We stopped at a black car, and I recognised it as the car we had thought was following us. I didn't question it.

I took my hand from Carter and I climbed into the front seat.  Carter settled beside me, and looked at me.

"Seriously, what's the matter with you?" he asked.

I sighed. "I'm just a bit ticked off that Hunter treats me like a child."

"What makes you say that?" he asked.

"He speaks to me in a condescending tone, he pets my head, and looks at me like I'm a little girl that he's babysitting!" I said, aggravated. Not at Carter, but at Hunter.

"Well, he's twenty three, Clyde, and you're only seventeen," he said.

"That's only a five year difference, sonce I'm actually turning eighteen! That doesn't give him any right to treat me like I'm a five year old."

"Maybe you should crush on someone your own age, then," he mumbled almost inaudibly.

"I am not crushing on him!" I denied. 

"Right," he drawled sarcastically. "It's so obvious."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah? And who should I be courting? You? As if."

"What's wrong with me?" he asked, a bit offended.

"Nothing! It's just that you and me, don't mix! That's like mixing water and oil. It's impossible," I said.

"Well, you never know until you try, right?" he said.

"I do know. We'd be arguing all the time and fighting, just like we already do a daily basis. It would never work."

"We're not arguing right now, though. Admit it, Clyde. We have our moments," he said.

"No we don't," I said stubbornly.

"Yes we do."

"No we don't."

"Yes we do."

"No we don't!" I yelled in finality.

"Yes we do!" he said in a falsetto voice, that was supposed to immitate me.

I found myself giggling at his pour immitation of myself.

"See! I made you giggle!" he said, laughing a bit himself.

"Fine, we have a few moments, but other then that, it's all fighting," I said.

Carter leaned in a bit and looked at me seriously. "Name our last serious fight."

I thouht for a bit. Other than our prank war, we had never really had a big fight. Only small banters.

"Well, what about when you locked me in youur closet!" I said.

"You didn't even stay mad at me for long. You just got back at me."

"Well...what about when, um...." I thought about it, but I couldn't come up with anything, really.

"See? We never really fight much at all!" Carter says.

I sighed. "What are you getting at?" I only now took in our close proxomity.

"What I'm getting at is that you should give us a chance."

"Why? I thought you only wanted to bed me."

"At the beginning of the summer, sure I did," he said.

"But.....?"

"But now....." he said trailing off.

"Spit it out, Carter," I said.

"But now I like you, Clyde."

*************

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SO SO SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SORRY FOR MY LATENESSNESS! (<

I've been over here at my dads and its hard to be a secret writer when he watches everybody's every move.

Please forgive me! I'm so sooooorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, how do you like my cliffie? Eh? Eh? EH????????

Um, I have nothing else to say except.....my baby sis is so cute! And I swear she smiles sometimes, even though she's only a month old! Maybe she's actually grimacing?

But I doubt you all really care about all that. :P

Next I'm updating Saved and Playing the Playboy! 

Continue Reading