The Anatomy of Our Almosts

By MVRastro

Sa hindi inaasahan ba mahahanap ang sagot sa mga katanungan? Aasa? Maniniwala? Walang galawan? Maghihintay? More

More than Smiles and Coffee
Almost 1. University of the Philippines
There She Goes Again
Almost 2. Juliet and Juliet
Cigarette Butts and Train Stations
Almost 3. Drizzles and Hurricanes
Almost 4. Narratives and Adjectives
Almost 5. Maturity and Commitments
Almost 6. White lies and Sojourn
Best Friends and Flowers
Almost 7. When We Talk Like Men
We Begin Again
The Antecedent of Nearly Everything
Puppetry and Breaking Free
A Taste of Freedom and Serenity
To Nirvana and Back
Behind Close Doors and Dummying
The Unwanted Side of a Triangle
No Holds Barred
Their Bucket List
Perfectly Fitted Puzzle Pieces
The Life We'll Share
My Lone Star Song, Amazed
The Birth of Jade and Althea
In a State of Temporary Bliss
All's Well that Ends Well
Blessed of a Life with Denise
BC: Parenting Goals

In the Twinkling of an Eye

7.1K 251 52
By MVRastro

"Dad ano pong mangyayari kay Ben?" Glaiza asked we're already inside their family van on the way to our condo.

"Anak, mejo kumplikado yung magiging takbo ng kaso niya, kasi kung aaminin niya na una palang tinangka na niya yung pagbunggo sa sasakyan ni Rhian, knowing Rhian would be there, or any of you two para may masaktan or worse mapatay, pwede na yung attempted homicide or murder since hindi naman siya naging successful, meron pang damage to properties sa sasakyan ni Rhian, physical injuries sa inyo ni Manny, tapos abandonment dahil tinakbuhan niya kayo." Tito Boy detailed who's on the passenger seat in front

"Grabe naman si Benjamin, ano bang iniisip ng lalakeng yun?" Kuya Alcris was driving

"Alam mo na kuya, hindi nakuha ang gusto kay Glaiza." Chynna stiffly commented

Glaiza sighed deeply as she rest her head on my shoulder.

"Nahihilo ka ba?" I worried

"No I'm fine, hindi ko lang maisip kung bakit kelangan humantong sa ganito. Naging magkaibigan naman kami ni Ben." Glaiza sadly retorted, and I can't blame her for that, knowing Ben has been there for her when I wasn't, they've built their friendship through the years, and the end of it is still heartbreaking for Glaiza for sure.

"Glai, natawagan ko na pala si Direk, sabi nila move nalang ang shoot ng scenes mo later next week, para makapagpahinga ka, yung mga scenes nalang muna namin ang kukunan." Chynna said

"Thank you Chynns."

"Cha, sure ka na bang wala ka ng nararamdamang hilo o sakit ng ulo?" Nanay C, who's sitting beside Glaiza and me asked

"Okay na po nay, kumikirot lang yung pasa ko at sugat, pero wala ng pong hilo." Glaiza assured

"Kaya na po akong alagaan ni Rhi. Diba love?" Glaiza added

"Opo, nanay C ako pong bahala dito kay baby G." I giggled and Glaiza did as well, forgetting that Ate Cris was silently seated behind us, but nanay C smiled as I guess it's fine.

"Oh andito na tayo." Kuya Alcris declared as we pulled a stop in front of the condo building

"Thank you Kuya, Nay, Tay, Ate Cris. Pati Chynns. Pasensya na sa abala." Glaiza said as she straightened up.

"Ano ka bang bata ka, basta magiingat ka na sa susunod, wag ka ng tutulog tulog." Nanay C scolded

"Opo Nay." Glaiza sa scratching her eyebrow

"Ihahatid nalang namin ni Alcris yung isang sasakyan mo na nasa bahay, para may magamit kayo ni Rhian. Ako na din aasikaso sa kaso na ifafile kay Benjamin." Tito Boy reminded

"Okay po dad. Thank you po ulit." Glaiza smiled as we got out of the car.

+++

The blare of controversy surrounding the accident that happened to me has taken everything into a whole new level when the case against Benjamin was publicised since a good number of photos of him coming in and out of the RTC were everywhere in the internet, in newspaper articles, showbiz talk shows and news channels.

Good thing our manager was able to clear our path for Rhian and me, shrugging off additional issues saying, Rhian being the reason why I broke up with Ben that resulted to people calling him the jilted, other speculations arise with Ben being quoted as an alcoholic and drug addict and still others point out the plain and simple case of unrequited love.

After a week of rest, letting my bruise and cut heal completely, Rhian and I are back on set. The first week of airing was a success, the hashtags released by the TRMD admins on Twitter topped the trend list for five consecutive days despite the mess we are in.

People loved Jade and Althea, and all of the other characters of the soap, and we are warmed and blessed of the positive feedbacks we are getting from of course the open minded people who has the interest to watch.

We were on our last month of shoots when we were informed that we'll be conducting mall shows, and everyone where just so excited for the opportunity to reach out to the fans as a thank you for their love and support they willingly give not only the show but the characters in general as well.

Inside the turmoil of everything that's happening around us, it is good enough, it is grounding enough, it is humbling enough to know that Rhian's with me. In the span of months of us being together in one house, I came to know the meaning of those vows, for better for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, and so on and so forth.

Rhian always reminds me of those words, and her actions personify them to me. Despite the plight, having her beside me is enough, no, more than enough.

"Baby G, bakit natutulala ka nanaman?" Rhian asked, we're on the way to poshnails and the salon for the retouches of our nail and hair colors since it's not too long till the finale.

"Wala naman, ngayon na kasi diba ilalabas yung hatol ng court kay Ben." I stalled

"Nalulungkot ka pa rin ba?"

"Nalulungkot ako kasi parang ang sayang ng buhay niya, it will never be the same for him diba?"

"Andun na tayo, kaso it's his fault, he has his own choices, and he chose to be bad, we can't think of him otherwise though. He almost seriously harm you G, and kung ako yung tatanungin sana hindi nalang siya payagan mag bail for him to learn his lesson. I'm sorry to say it that way love pero, ikaw kasi yung pinaguusapan, abot abot yung kaba at takot ko nung tinawagan ako nung police officer, hearing you're unresponsive that time talaga parang gusto kong liparin yung Laguna to St. Luke's. Are you getting my point?" Rhian explained.

"I get you okay, siguro kung ako din yung nasa lugar mo, naghurumentado na din ako, baka nabugbog ko pa si Ben. Buti nalang hindi ikaw."

"At buti nalang talaga hindi ka napano. Diyos ko Glaiza, hindi ko alam ang gagawin ko." Rhian said, I instantly held her against me and hushed her.

"Okay na, walang nangyaring higit sa ikinikatakot natin kaya wag ka ng magalala okay?" I assured her and she weakly smiled.

"Enjoyin nalang natin yung free day natin ha?" I added cheerfully.

"Okay baby G." She said, lightly poking the tip of my nose.

"Mahal kita."

"Mahal din kita baby G." She winked before resting her head on my shoulder, and my phone vibrated.

From: Dad

Cha, lumabas na yung desisyon ng court, Ben has been found guilty of attempted homicide, physical injuries, damage to properties and abandonment. Pinayagan siyang magbail, at babayran niya lahat ng danyos perwisyo sayo at kay Rhian.

To: Dad

Ganun po ba dad, okay po kayo na pong bahala. Salamat po.

"Tapos na?" Rhian asked

"Yeah. Guilty."

"It's for the best interest of our welfare. Kahit naman magbail siya he can never be around you, lalo na sa banta ni Tito Boy." Rhian softly said.

"Yes. Mapapanatag ka na po." I humored

"Aba syempre. At namimiss ko na yung sasakyan ko no." Rhian teased

"Ikaw talaga. Buti nga hindi yung audi mo eh."

"Kung yung audi yun itatali ko si Ben sa hood sabay bunggo ulit."

"Loka loka ka talaga."

+++

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked Glaiza as we got inside of the elevator

"Magdidinner pa ba tayo? I think mas gusto ko nalang mag movie and popcorn." Glaiza answered as she pull me into an embrace.

"Pwede din naman, my popcorn pa tayong stock." I agreed

"After ng TRMD, pakasal na tayo." Glaiza suddenly blurted

"Are you serious?"

"Ayaw mo pa ba?"

"Syempre gusto, sige saan mo gusto?" I asked as we got off the elevator

"Ate?" Glaiza called out

"Cha."

"Anong ginagawa niyo dito?"

"Pwede ba tayong magusap?"

"Sige po. Love yung susi?" Glaiza turned to me, and I fumbled for the keys immediately.

"G coffee? Kayo po?" I hesitated as they settle by the living room, both of them nodded so I proceed to the kitchen right away.

I heard them mumbling in a low voice, so I quickly made their coffee and took it to them.

"Here." I timidly smiled.

"I'll just be upstairs, Cha." I added before exiting the living room.

---

"Ate?"

"Her name was Cecille." Ate Cris started, it was the softest tone I ever heard her use. And the way she uttered the woman's name was almost passionate.

"Po ate?" I frowned

"I met her during my first year in college. We're both taking up human biology that time." She continued without restraint, this is the first time she ever talked to me this way, so I stayed silent.

"Naging magkaibigan kami, sabay kaming nag-aaral, sabay kaming naglalunch, sabay pumapasok, sabay sa lahat. Akala ko nung una wala lang, kaibigan lang. Hanggang sa isang araw hindi siya wala lang, hindi na siya kaibigan lang." Ate Cris tried to dumb it down, and I easily grasp what she's trying to say. I understood her.

"Pero ate diba si kuya - -" I started pertaining to her husband.

"Oo, pinilit kong itama yung nararamdaman ko Cha, pinilit kong itama yung pagiisip ko, pinilit kong itago yung naramdaman ko para sa kanya, para kila nanay at tatay." Ate Cris said as she lets go of her tears.

"Nalaman po ba nila nanay?"

"Nung naghiwalay kami ng kuya mo, dun lang nila nalaman."

"Nakita niyo po ba siya ulit kaya ganun?"

"Hindi, naghiwalay kami ng kuya mo dahil hindi ko na kayang panindigan yung mga pilit kong itinago."

"Kaya ba ganun nalang yung tutol niyo samin ni Rhian?"

"Nakita ko kasi sayo yung sarili ko na ninais kong maging ako. Yung hindi ko nagawa para panindigan yung totoong ako ikaw ang gumawa Cha. At ayaw kong sa huli masaktan ka, pero nagkamali ako nung ako mismo yung gumawa ng dahilan para masaktan ka. I'm sorry Cha." Ate Cris explained, it was only then I begin to understand everything that's happened to us in the past, every angry conversation we engaged into, every insults and derogatory attitude she threw my way but then I begin to forgive her as well.

"Masakit ate, kasi we used to be close, naging idol kita sa lahat ng bagay, tapos biglang nagbago nung nagcollege ka. Pero mas masakit yung part na pati yung taong mahal ko nasaktan din ng dahil dun. Naisip ko paano kaya kung hindi na siya bumalik, kung hindi ko na siya nakita ulit, feeling ko tatanda din akong galit sa mundo." I cried

"I'm sorry Cha, all this time I thought I saved you from all the pain the failed relationship might bring you, akala ko I knew better, akala ko magiging kapareho lang kita, na pag pinagbawalan, titigil, susunod sa utos. But then again you proved me wrong, you proved me wrong sa lahat ng conclusions ko sayo noon."

"I'm sorry Cha. I'm sorry sa lahat. I know it's not enough, dahil nagawa ko ng saktan ka, kayo ni Rhian."

"Ate kapatid kita, yung sorry lang at paliwanag okay na sakin, at least ngayon naiintindihan na kita. Thank you ate, dahil kung hindi naman dahil sayo, hindi ako magpupursiging patunayang mali ka." I humoured and we laughed still in tears.

"And si Ben."

"No ate okay na, kalimutan na po natin."

"Salamat Cha."

"Salamat ate."

+++

"Glai ito na yung flowers!" Chynna beamed from the entrance of the makeshift tent.

"Dali labas na dun! Matatapos na siya kumanta!" Luis panicked, we're on our first mall tour, in Montalban Town Center, and they are all pushing me to surprise Rhian of a bouquet of flowers on stage, not only it will swoon the fans but Rhian too, or that's what Chynna told me.

So without any second thoughts I got up on stage right on time Rhian was on the last line of the Taylor Swift hit Blank Space. And the sea of people instantaneously blared upon seeing me and Rhian looked behind her and was surprised to see me holding out flowers for her. She kissed my on the cheek before taking it and the already loud applause and shrieking became even louder.

"For you." I whispered, trying to hide my own blush.

"Andaming pakulo ni lablab." Rhian shook her head, and we laughed.

While we're having our little conversation in the middle of the stage, forgetting that we have an audience, Luis suddenly appeared behind us and the people we're shouting 'Althea bakuran mo si Jade!' so I instinctively blocked Luis' playful advances towards Rhian before the others joined us.

Chynna and Sheena are talking about something for the show while Rhian was telling me about how cute her pechay is and we're laughing, we're pulled out from our little world when the people and our co-stars teased us for a kiss, like they haven't seen a butt load of photos of me kissing Rhian on the cheek or forehead or hand on Instagram and Twitter.

"Lablab kiss daw." I turned to Rhian, who just smiled

"Hindi mo naman kelangan magpaalam." She returned, so I cupped her face and slowly leaned in making sure the people are watching and as I was a few inches close her lips I instantly give her a quick kiss on the nose. Earning another round of swooning and teasing from the ever active audience. Their energy actually radiates to us and felt like adrenaline shots for me.

+++

"Glaiza De Castro and Rhian Ramos!" Alden beamed as we got on the stage for our SAS guesting, Rhian and I agreed to sing the mash up of Same Love and She Keeps Me Warm. She was so excited to show me her hidden talent though, rapping.

"When I was in the third grade I thought that I was gay

'Cause I could draw, my uncle was, and I kept my room straight.

I told my mom, tears rushing down my face. She's like 'Ben you've loved girls since before pre-k, trippin'

Yeah, I guess she had a point, didn't she?

Bunch of stereotypes all in my head...." Rhian confidently rapped and everybody went wild again, I just couldn't believe what they see in us when we're together that elicits this kind of reaction from them, but whatever that is, I'm happy they see it when Rhian's with me.

I've never been in a love team before that received this kind of support, taking in I've had a good number of on-screen partners. I must state the fact that no one can beat RaStro.

"I remember doing the math like, 'yeah, I'm good at little league'. A preconceived idea of what it all meant

for those that liked the same sex

Had the characteristics, the right wing conservatives think it's a decision

And you can be cured with some treatment and religion, man-made rewiring of predisposition.

Playing God, aw nah here we go, America the brave still fears what we don't know.

And 'God loves all his children' is somehow forgotten, but we paraphrase a book written thirty-five-hundred years ago, I don't know." Rhian break it down and smilingly nod at me.

"Pa pa – pa pa - pa pa - papa

And I can't change

Even if I tried

Even if I wanted to

And I can't change

Even if I tried

Even if I wanted to

My love

My love

My love

She keeps me warm

She keeps me warm

She keeps me warm

She keeps me warm" I sang as we just enjoy the moment.

After the song number, Julianne, Elmo and Janine joined us on stage for a short interview and plugging of the show, like we always do, and now on it's second month.

"Love I'm just - -" I started, when someone from behind us shouted Rhian's name before we're able to enter the backstage.

"Rhian!"

"Lauren?!" Rhan turned and was so shocked

"Love, wait lang ah, friend ko pala si Lauren from London." Rhian introduce as soon as her friend reach us.

"Hi Glaiza. I'm Lauren." Lauren greeted

"Nice to meet you, but love, may isa pa akong number, una na ako sa back stage?" I asked

"Sure love, panoorin ka namin ni Lauren." Rhian smiled and I immediately excused myself after kissing Rhian on the forehead.

While I was onstage as a guest singer among the SAS singers, I noticed Rhian and Lauren having some serious talk, I can even see Rhian frown and shake her head as Lauren whispered something to her. Although a bit curious I acted natural and was a little relieved to see Rhian smiling at me and raising two thumbs up.

+++

"Wow, sobrang namiss ko to guys. Yung chill. Grabe yung ginawa ng TRMD satin, nakakaloka." Chynna exasperated as we all take a sit on the VIP lounge of Rhian's bar. We're with Katrina, Sheena, Luis, Mike, and Kean.

"Oo nga eh, tapos next week finale scenes na lang ishoshoot. Ang bilis ng panahon." Luis revered as our beer buckets arrived.

"Pero mamimiss ko yung set natin talaga eh." Sheena smiled

"Yung set o si mike?" Kean joked

"Di ba pwedeng pareho?" Sheena laughed

"Ikaw Kat mamimiss mo si Batchi?" Kean teased earning a smack on his head from his girlfriend.

"Nako syempre diba pangga?" Kat teased

"Kinikilabutan ako Kat." Chynna obviously shivered making us all laugh.

"Buti pa yung JaThea walang problema, mapa JaThea o RaStro end game pa din." Sheena teased

"Oo nga eh, kelan na ba ang kasal? Napaplano niyo na ba?" Katrina asked

"Nako itanong niyo kay Glaiza antagal magdecide." Rhian blurted averting the attention to me.

"Oh teka darating tayo jan okay? Basta after TRMD, lahat naman kayo invited for sure!" I exclaimed making them laugh

"Ayun kelangan kaharap kami pag tinatanong, hot seat baga." Katrina teased

"Kayo ang aano niyo." I pouted

"Okay lang yan lablab." Rhian said kissing me on the cheek.

"Lab, CR muna ako."

"Samahan kita?"

"Di na, okay lang chill ka lang dito okay?" I said tucking a loose hair behind her ear.

"Okay, wag ka papatisod sa iba." She said pinching my nose.

"Anong papatisod Rhian, nilagyan mo na ng palatandaan ang daliri niyan." Mike teased

"Oo, nga at wag kang mag-alala, mapa Althea o Glaiza, deads na deads yan sayo." Chynna assured on her Batchi character.

"Ay nako, lagi nalang akong nakikita. Sige na CR lang ho ako. Mawalang galang sa inyo." I said with a salute.

It was not a busy night so there's not much of a line to the comfort room, I was busy on my phone scrolling through my news feed while waiting for a cubicle to open, one did and I easily made my way to it, mindlessly passing by someone.

"Glaiza right?" Someone beside me suddenly talked while I was washing my hands.

"Yes, you are?" I frowned, although she looks familiar I can't seem to recall where I first saw her.

"Lauren."

"Oh yeah, Rhian's friend from London right?" I beamed upon realization.

"Yes. So you're with her tonight?"

"Ahuh, hang out night with friends, how about you? Are you from the theater too?" I casually said as I check myself on the mirror.

"Oh I'm with my boyfriend and his cousins, and no I'm not from the theater, I'm her physician." Lauren said as she puts on some lipstick.

"Physician?" I mumbled under my breath.

"You know - -" She started, but Chynna suddenly entered the comfort room.

"There you are. Come on G ang bagal, Rhian wants you to sing for her on the stage." Chynna sheepishly smiled

"Okay, be right there. By the way, it was nice seeing you again, Lauren."

"Nice seeing you too Glaiza, send my regards to dear Rhian, and please remind her to not wear herself too much." Lauren smiled

"Will do. Goodbye." I smiled back, although unsure of her last request.

+++

"Ready girls? Glai taas kamay showing off wala ng ring, Rhian look of longing, meet at the marked place and we'll push for the kiss okay?" Direk Dom, instructed us.

It's the finale shoot for TRMD, rainbow banners are everywhere, it was a hot August day but we didn't seem to mind, we're just so excited for our last hurrah. The crowd were all excited and restraint at the same time because we're shooting at streets. It was somewhat huge for the finale we are expecting for the show but we're glad we pushed for this kind of ending.

The scene was simple, after three years of not seeing each other, Jade and Althea will finally meet at that fated pride parade of the LGBT community, Althea with her son Miggy, already free from the pain and wounds of the past. Jade already free from the chains of her family and is stronger because of the new found support she gets from them.

It's easy, Jade will take a selfie among the crowd and will coincidentally see Althea and Miggy behind her, and the rest will follow.

No lines, because we didn't need any, all has been said and done in the past, it is now time to reunite without the complication of explanations or promises. Just actions, just a kiss, a welcoming one. Although we're sure that that part wouldn't be aired on free TV, we're still gleeful knowing we are freeing the kiss that the fans has all been waiting for right from the first attempt back in the hospital scene.

"Ready?! Roll camera! In 3 – 2 – 1, Action!" Direk Dom shouted on the megaphone and the synch of actions rolled in.

I did what I was suppose to do, I was talking to Miggy, telling him something that a mother always tell her son. And after he left to meet with his friends, there was a moment of gut feel for me – someone's already staring at me and even with the noise of the crowd, I caught her looking at me.

It was hard not to be carried away when I laid eyes on her, it felt like three years actually, with the funny reality that I waited seven for Rhian. And the emotions resurfaced. It was not Althea seeing Jade, it was me seeing Rhian, the feeling of finally seeing her again, like the first time I saw her on one of my book signing came back. And I know Rhian was feeling the same.

We did what we're told to do, when she looked at my hand, I slowly raised it, flaunting, telling her that I'm free again. And she did this funny look on her face, like saying I see that now come get me, so I was trying hard not to laugh and mess up the scene.

When she started to walk towards me, I did too, to meet her halfway. She took my free hand and put it against her heart, and I could actually feel the rapid beating of it, I wanted so bad to ask her if she's nervous or if she's fine because her heart was literally pounding, but I can't so I just cupped her cheek with my right hand, and it melt my heart when instantly leans towards it.

I slowly got closer to her as she look straight into my eyes, and all I could think about is how much I love her and how much I wanted to just kiss her right away. But I take it easy, Rhain and I have talked about how we're going to do the kiss, we even practiced once before we left the condo for today's shoot, like it's our first time, it was funny cute tho.

Closer and closer until I felt her minty breath against my upper lip, I smiled remembering how she finished the whole bottle of that Colgate mouth wash after she guiltily indulge on the tuna quinoa Bianca delivered for us before the interview for SKK.

I can already hear her heartbeat and breathing, and we're leaning for it. And as her nose brush against mine, I know there was no turning back anymore; we kissed, it was gentle, we both fought the urge to move because it wasn't us kissing but Jade and Althea, and we're not kissing as a current couple, but reuniting lovers.

After we pulled away from the kiss, we still held each other for quite a while, Rhian's already giggling, but I kept my cool until - -

"Cut! Good take!" Direk Dom shouted and cheered

I pulled Rhian to hug and she held me close and tight.

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you more Rhian Denise." I said as I swayed us a little.

We hugged for a few more minutes not caring about the people around us, when I felt Rhian's knees buckled, I thought it was only because we were both wearing heels. But as her body felt heavier I panicked.

"Rhi? Rhian?" I called out but she's not responding.

"Chynns!" I shouted, who instantly looked at me from talking with Katrina, her eyes widened as she sees me struggling to hold Rhian's unconscious body against me. Everything went in slow-mo, Chynna called Direk Dom's attention and everybody came rushing towards us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 154 17
paano kung ang isang mataas at kilalang babAe ay mahulog sa may asawa at magiging martir ito handa na kaya syang ibAbA ang sarili para sa sariling...
71.8K 2.8K 32
True love is selfless. It is prepared to sacrifice.
325K 12.1K 36
An arranged marriage between a spoiled brat daughter and an obedient granddaughter. Produkto po ito ng aking imahinasyon. Anumang pagkakatulad sa iba...
84.4K 3.3K 41
People that are meant to be together, always find each other in the end.