Little DEAD Riding Hood?

By Kaitlyn1723

Tatiana Aethelu (or better known as "Little Red Riding Hood") is now 20 years old. She goes to the Harvest Fe... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: That Day Roles Around Again
Chapter 2: One Destined Dance
Chapter 3: A So Called "Engagement"
Chapter 4: Saved From Kyöpelinvuori, Brought To Neflheim
Chapter 5: His Majesty's Possession
Chapter 6: What He Sees
Chapter 7: The Love Of My Unlife Loves Me Too
Chapter 8: Restraining Order
Chapter 10: The Escape Plan
Chapter 11: The Dagger
Chapter 12: It's You!
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 13: The Past Resurfaces
Chapter 14: Breaking And Entering
Chapter 15: Assassination Attempt
Facts Challenge
Chapter 16: Another Angry Ex
Chapter 17: Hel's Declaration

Chapter 9: His Endless Attacks

70 4 5
By Kaitlyn1723

A/N
Thank you guys! I now have 137 readers! Thank you!

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

After Winston left, I was alone in my bedroom with Bradyn.

"Well, I better get going. You need to get to the court yard anyway", Bradyn said. That's when a single question came to mind.

"Wait, Bradyn! I have a question", I said. Bradyn turned around to face me.

"What is it?" I hesitated a little; a bit ashamed of myself.

"Um...where is...the court yard?", I asked nervously. Bradyn giggled a little.

I've been here for awhile, but I still don't know where half the places in the castle are!

"Come on. I'll show you", he said. I got up and followed Bradyn to the court yard, where Winston was waiting.

"Hello, Princess. I have made sure His Majesty will not be allowed anywhere near you. Shall we begin our lessons?" Winston came up to greet me. Our first lesson was on dancing, since I already knew Niflheim's history.

"Will I be practicing with you, Winston?", I asked. "If I dance, I should have a partner, right?"

"Well, yes and no, Princess. Yes, you should have a partner. No, you will not be dancing with me. I have to watch you. I can't dance with you. His Majesty was supposed to dance with you, but now we need a replacement", said Winston.

"Where are we going to find a replacement on such short notice?" I was a bit concerned. Bradyn must have noticed.

"W-Winston. I-I could d-do it", he said. His cheeks were flushed a light red as he timidly volunteered to replace the king. Noticing how nervous Bradyn was, my cheeks began to heat up as well.

"Are you certain, Sir Bradyn?" Winston was shocked by Bradyn's sudden suggestion.

"Y-Yes. I would do anything for the princess." Bradyn said it so seriously that I started to blush even harder.

"R-Really?", I asked. I didn't plan to. It just slipped out. Realizing that I was still there, Bradyn blushed harder as well and looked down.

"Yes...I will." Winston smiled at our exchange and positioned us to begin dancing. We were positioned so our faces were around three inches apart.

Why am I so nervous about dancing with him? I've danced with him before...but I didn't love him then and he didn't love me. But still!

I looked down to avoid eye contact, but Winston called out,"Please keep eye contact with your partner, Princess." I lifted my gaze and my eyes met Bradyn's. I felt like I would drowned in those blue eyes as I lost myself in them.

Time seemed to slow and Winston's voice was far away as we stared into each other's eyes. It wasn't a fight to stay close to Bradyn any more; it felt natural. But, as we drew closer and closer-

"Hey! Get your hands off my fiance!" Irving pulled us away from each other and turned to face Bradyn. "What's the big idea, huh?! Dancing with someone else's wife. How despicable!" Irving's rage was written clearly on his face, he wasn't even trying to hide it. He turned to face me. "And you! What's the big idea?! Dancing with another man! You're mine now! Don't even think you can change that!"

Irving lifted his hand, hit me in the face, and pushed me to the ground. I let out a small cry of pain. Irving crouched above me and pulled his fist back.

It's no use! There's no way out of this!...He's going to beat me!

I closed my eyes and awaited the impact of his fist. However, instead I heard many footsteps and Irving's protests.

"Hey! Wait! What do you think you're doing, unhand me!" I cautiously opened my eyes. Irving was being restrained by members of the Royal Guard and Bradyn was rushing to my side.

"Tatiana! Are you okay? Did he hurt you after he pushed you to the ground? Let me help you", Bradyn said in a panic, while offering me his hand. I took it and he helped me to my feet.

"I'm fine, but...weren't you here the whole time, Bradyn?", I asked quizzically. Bradyn looked away, obviously a little embarrassed.

"Well, yeah, but...after Irving pushed you, I was going to go teach him some manners...in the face...with my fists...but Winston held me back and motioned for some other guards to come restrain him, so I didn't see it all." I smiled at Bradyn's explanation.

"Thank you so much Bradyn. I'm sure, if Winston hadn't stopped you, Irving wouldn't be in Niflheim anymore." Bradyn smiled proudly at my comment. Winston approached Irving.

"Need I remind His Majesty that this isn't very kingly behavior? Besides, you were told to stay away from the princess." Winston's words only added to Irving's rage. Irving struggled against the guards, but they didn't move.

"I'll get you two! Just you wait! I'll get you!" Irving was drug away by the guards, leaving the court yard eerily quiet. Winston faced Bradyn and I.

"I apologize for His Majesty's behavior. And may I say, Princess, you are quite the dancer!", Winston said. I smiled brightly and faced Bradyn.

"Thank you, Winston, but I couldn't have done it without my excellent partner!", I said. Winston nodded in agreement.

"I agree. Sir Bradyn is quite the dancer himself. Perhaps, he could consider becoming your permanent dance partner?" Winston and I turned to face Bradyn, whose eyes were opened wide in shock and cheeks were red with embarrassment.

"Uh-um...I-I don't know if I'm worthy f-"

"If you were worthy then, you are more than worthy now." I cut Bradyn off, mid-sentence, and smiled sweetly at him. He gave it a moments thought.

"Okay...I'll do it!", he said with a proud smile. Winston clapped his hands together.

"Excellent! Well, that's all for today's lesson anyway. You both should get some rest. I will see you tomorrow." With those words, Winston left and Bradyn escorted me back to my room in silence.

Once there, I invited Bradyn inside. We sat on my bed together. We spoke about how wonderful life was in Niflheim, until I let out a yawn.

"Oh! You're probably tired, so I should be leaving", he said. My heart raced in panic.

But if I'm alone, who will stop Irving if he tries to get me again?! I don't have a weapon and I can barely harm a fly as it is!

Bradyn rose to his feet. In a panic, I grabbed his arm. "Bradyn!" He turned around in shock and our eyes met. I was so embarrassed, but I couldn't stand the thought of being alone.

"W-What?" He looked at me with wide eyes.

"W-Well...umm...c-could you st-stay with...me?", I asked in a quiet voice. I looked away. Bradyn chuckled a little. I looked at him and saw him smiling shyly.

"I-If you want", he said. He laid down beside me. "But why?" I hesitated.

"...well...I don't want to be alone if Irving comes and...we haven't spent much time together after...what was said", I explained. Bradyn looked at me quizzically.

"That's understandable, but...what do you mean 'what was said'?" I looked at him in surprise.

"Y-You don't remember w-what you said after Irving left with Winston?!" I was on the verge of tears.

He doesn't remember...?

"Oh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to upset you, it's just, so much has happened today...but of course I remember!...we didn't have much time to share our happiness did we?", he said. He looked like an innocent child when he sulked. In my efforts to cheer him up, I snuggled up to his chest. He hesitated for a moment, but put his arms around me, pulling me closer to him. In his warm arms, I felt safe and secure.

"Bradyn?", I asked.

"Hm?", he answered.

"Did you really mean what you said before?...I did." I asked the question that popped into my mind.

"Of course, I did. I loved you then, I love you now, and I will love you forever. My love will only continue to grow." His arms tightened around me. I got closer.

"Oh, Bradyn!...I feel...the...same", I said. In his arms, I fell asleep. It wasn't long, however, before I was woken up again. My bedroom door was thrown open with great force. I jumped up in bed. Bradyn was no where in sight...but Irving was. My face went pale and I began trembling as he glared at me.

Irving quickly headed towards me. I looked around in the dark room, but found no sign of Bradyn.

I stumbled out of bed as Irving was about to lunge at me. He came around the bed, grabbed my throat, and pushed me against the wall, cutting off most of my air supply.

"Where is he?!", Irving said as my head hit the wall. I was having trouble breathing and my vision was beginning to blur. With the breath I had left, I called for help.

"Bra...dyn...!" Everything around me began to move slowly. I was getting weaker.

In the next moment, Irving was pulled away and I fell to the floor. After recovering my breath, I looked just in time to see Bradyn rushing towards me. Irving was on the ground.

Bradyn asked if I was okay and explained that he went out for a snack and, when he came back, he saw Irving choking me. Bradyn had punched him out. I thanked him and assured him I was okay.

After the Royal Guard picked up Irving, Bradyn and I went back to bed. He held me close to assure me he wouldn't leave and we drifted off to sleep.

The next day wasn't any different. While we were dancing in the court yard, under Winston's instructions, Irving tried many times to approach us and attack us.

At the end of the day, Bradyn and I were talking in my room again. A silence fell between us, until Bradyn spoke.

"Let's run", he said.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*

A/N

Okay hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! You are probably going to kill me Dallis but like I said it's in Chapter 10 so don't spoil it! Good luck with your new crush XD. But don't forget about your BFF! I don't want us to be those friends who stop being friends cuz one gets a boyfriend. I wish you the best with him and I'm so happy for you! But don't forget about our text messaging! I will die from LOFWB (Lack Of Fanfic With Bestie) if you stop!!! :'( Well best of luck to you, but don't forget! Hope you enjoyed. See you at school! Don't forget to vote and comment guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510 36 24
Being Re-Written Book 1 in The Red Hood Trilogy There's a story about a girl that never really had a name. Red Riding Hood was walking by the forest...
119K 1.6K 48
(Please do read the description until the bottom.) - The story begins with a little girl, not an ordinary girl. She was.. Special, she had horns like...
356 8 28
NOTE: This is not the final draft, so expect there to be changes. I've only got the first arc of the story figured out so far and I'm still working o...
25K 977 30
Book 1 in the Fated to Die series So I died. Not exactly an accident but it's not like I can remember that fact. Now I'm being reincarnated...