The Ultimate Motivation

By blueicystar

Black and white - the two colors that contrast each other like none other. Emma and Alexis resembled those tw... More

TUM Chapter 2
TUM Chapter 3
TUM Chapter 4
TUM Chapter 5
TUM Chapter 6
TUM Chapter 7
TUM Chapter 8
TUM Chapter 9
TUM Chapter 10
TUM Chapter 11
TUM Chapter 12
TUM Chapter 13
TUM Chapter 14
TUM Chapter 15
TUM Chapter 16
TUM Chapter 17
TUM Chapter 18
TUM Chapter 19
TUM Chapter 20
TUM Chapter 21
TUM Chapter 22
TUM Chapter 23
TUM Chapter 24
TUM Chapter 25
TUM Chapter 26
TUM Chapter 27
TUM Chapter 28
TUM Chapter 29
TUM Chapter 30
TUM Chapter 31
TUM Chapter 32
TUM Chapter 33
TUM Chapter 34
TUM Chapter 35
TUM Chapter 36
TUM Chapter 37
TUM Chapter 38
TUM Chapter 39
TUM Chapter 40
TUM Chapter 41

TUM Chapter 1

3.5K 110 164
By blueicystar

Hey guys! Yes, I've started another book. I thought of a fabulous idea, and I'm really excited about developing the plot of this book :D 

I have to say, the synopsis wasn't written very well :| I tried my best, but please give this story a shot! Thanks guys and please enjoy the first chappie! <3 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ Alexis ~

Making my way over to the food cabinet, I scanned the contents of it. We were running out of junk food, but my mother refused to buy more. Something about 'eating healthy'? I have no idea. But anyways, let's see what we have here..

Hm, M&M's? Sure, why not?

Lays? H*ll yes!

Pepsi? Duh!

All at once, I tried to balance the chocolate, the chips, and the soda, in my arms. Slowly, I made my way towards the movie room of our luxurious mansion. But, it was a whole 100 feet away! Ugh, so far..

Our mansion consisted of nine spacious bedrooms, six bathrooms, a lounge, a dining room, a kitchen, and a movie room.

'How could we afford such a place?' You ask. 

My parents own numerous sport clubs around the country. Apparently, they also think that I need to ‘watch my figure,’ whatever that means.

All I know, is that I’m going to be spending countless hours, in this movie room. I dimmed the lights and made myself comfy in the gigantic, leather couch.

I grabbed the remote and flipped through the hundreds and hundreds of channels. My eyes lit up, as I came across SpongeBob. Yes, I was still a child at heart. But, no one needed to know that. 

A few seconds later, Hannah made her way through the door. She took one look at me, before screaming her head off, “Mom! She’s eating and drinking all that crap again!”

“Ugh, will you keep your mouth shut for once, Hannah? Why don’t you go get a life, instead of running around here like a police officer, and telling on me!” I snapped at her, before turning back to the TV screen. 

I huffed. What was her problem? Why couldn't she just leave me alone? Didn't she have better things to do? 

'Guess not,' I thought to myself. 

Hannah came into the room and smirked at me, “Sorry, Mom’s paying me for this.”

“Paying you for what? Running around and acting like a little b*tch?” I retorted.

Just as Hannah was about to fight back, Mom came in and gave me "the look." Yes, the one that all mothers share. The one that means you're deep trouble.You know what I'm talking about.

She scolded me, “Alexis, we do not use that language around here!" 

I rolled my eyes. She told me that at least twice a day. It was so repetitive, but she never seemed to stop.

Mom smiled at Hannah, “Thank you, dear. I can handle it from here."

“You're welcome, Mother,” Hannah smiled innocently. She turned around and stuck her tongue out at me, before leaving the room. 

“Alexandria Lee Brown!” Mom yelled. 

My mother only used my full name, when she was serious about something. Oh wait, she does that almost all the time, “Get your lazy butt off of that couch now! You’re grounded for two full weeks. What did I tell you about junk food?”

I rolled my eyes, “I don’t know. Something about ‘watching my figure and blah blah blah.’ I don’t really care!”

Mom glared at me, “I said, 'watch your figure or else we will send you to Camp Sandy Hills!”

“Sounds like a place for rich girls to learn about being popular,” I snorted.

“Excuse me, young lady, but Arlene owns it and you will not trash-talk her camp!” Mom snapped.

Arlene is my mom’s best friend. They’ve been friends since elementary school, but I think she’s just plain snobby.

“Whatever,” I ignored her.

“Alexis! You will listen to me now!” she demanded.

“Never have, never will,” I muttered under my breath. 

“I heard that, young lady. That’s it! I’m having your father go online and make you register in CSH. You need to be taught a lesson about health and hopefully, some manners too,” Mom screamed at the top of her lungs.

Clearly, she was losing her temper. But hey, what did I care? It's not like I hadn't seen that before. I was used to it, by now.

“Mom,” I stared at her, “I don’t want to spend my time at some boring camp owned by snobby rich people.”

I quickly turned my attention to my finger nails, as if they were more important. I really didn't want to deal with this bullsh*t right now. 

“Alexis, do not call Arlene’s family, snobby! How dare you!” Mom stormed out of the movie room.

Hannah came back with the usual smirk on her face, “Have fun at CSH.”

Hannah sauntered out of the room and started laughing evily, until she took a sip of water and started choking heavily.

Ha! Ain’t karma a b*tch.

***

~ Emma ~

I took the scale out of the closet and set it on the floor. I sucked in a deep breath and mentally hoped that I had lost some weight, within the past week. Even if it was only one pound. Anything. I just wanted to lose some weight. 

I stepped onto the scale, but the dark black numbers read 196. I had only lost one pound, after my whole workout? This was harder than I thought. Oh well, at least it was something. 

“Sweetie, breakfast time!” my mom called out.

“Coming, Mom!” I replied. I stood up and picked up the scale and brought it back to the storage room. It was almost a daily routine. I would work out everyday and check my progress in the morning. 

Our welcoming house was an average two-story house—nothing special—which included three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, a living room, and a family room. It was just me and my mom though.

I groaned at the sight of the bacon, the eggs, the pancakes, and the other canned food.

“Mother, I already told you about my diet!” I sighed, before plopping down on one of the seats at the kitchen table.

“I’m sorry, dear, but we’re celebrating Whiskers’ birthday today,” Mom made up an excuse.

Every teenager would probably love the idea of bacon, eggs, and pancakes for breakfast. But, that was the last thing I would ever want for breakfast. 

Mom never listened to me though. 

A few years ago, my father died from of a heart attack. I still remember the day as if it was just yesterday. Ever since then, my mom was only able afford canned food and other cheap foods. 

I complained about my diet and my figure everyday, but my mom kept on saying “Honey, you look fine.” I mean, I don’t blame her, aren’t mothers obliged to say that or something? 

But, I hate the idea of eating foods with tons of grease on them. It’s disgusting! No, it was more than disgusting. 

“Mother, Whiskers died years ago,” I rolled my eyes. She always made up an excuse, for the cheap foods she bought.

I felt bad for her. I really did. She had to work hard for the money she earned everyday. But, unlike all of the other teenagers in the world, I wanted to eat healthy everyday. Weird, I know. But, it's true.

“Yes, hun. But wouldn’t you like to celebrate it anyway?” Mom smiled at me. I could sense a bit of nostalgia in her tone.

“I guess…” I lied.

I could care less, Whiskers hated me. We only kept him because he was my mom’s only companion, while I was busy with other activities and events. One time, he scratched my face while I was asleep. And you can bet, that left an ugly scar. 

"Yes, now dear, registration for Camp Sandy Hills has just opened today. You can register online or –"

Before my mom even finished, I raced up the stairs and turned on my computer quickly. But, that obviously didn't work with my 6 year old computer. I got so impatient, I started slamming my hand against the keyboard.

I’ve been wanting to go to CSH ever since the advertisement was sent to us. I decided that it was the perfect way for me to become popular and lose weight!

I tapped my fingers on my desk and waited impatiently for my computer to turn on.

Geez, it seemed like I had to wait years for the log-in screen to show up. I typed in my password and smiled at my desktop. It was a picture of my entire family, when we went on a cruise to Florida.

But, I didn't have time to reminisce about the past right now. 

I quickly went to the CSH website and clicked on ‘registration.’ As I typed in all of the necessary information, I could hardly hold in my excitement!

This was finally my shot at becoming skinny and popular. The two things I have always wanted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hoped you guys liked it so far! If you did, please vote, comment, and give me feedback! :)

That’s all I’ve got to say, for now. So, thanks for reading <3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663 40 39
Is this Real? From the perspective of Chelsea! Four best friends take a vacation together before they leave for college. Some trials test their relat...
71 14 5
******************** Established in 1958 by Eugene Rockbrook, Rockbrook Camp prides itself on ensuring children ages thirteen to seventeen spend two...
6.1K 34 16
Tayliah Moreno was a little girl when she met the Conklins and Fishers. Her father was best friends with Adam Fisher throughout high school. Tayliah...
17.3K 347 51
(Cover art by me :)) ) You're the average girl, no Cinderella story here folks! You have decent grades, live with your mom and hang with your dad on...