Love Hard

Av Scratch2Star

*Previously Titled 'Unbreak'* Lucia Waters is a freshman at NYU and she could't be happier. Studying the cou... Mer

Copyright Statement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BONUS CHAPTER- PART 1.

BONUS CHAPTER PART-2

870 25 3
Av Scratch2Star

"I wonder if I ever cross your mind, for me it happens all the time"- Need You Now, Lady Antebellum.

Songs for this chapter- Need You Now, Lady Antebellum.

Hills, The Weekend.

( Song Suggestions are welcome :)

*This is bonus chapter part 2, make sure you've read part 1 before reading this*

Happy Reading!

__________________________

"Why didn't you stand up for me?" Kylie shrieked in Jason's ear.

'This bitch should shut the fuck up,' he thought to himself. Obviously, he didn't say it out loud but the sullen expression he was carrying conveyed it by all means. Kylie, however didn't take the hint and kept on rambling in her squeaky voice.

"Who is she anyway? Some slut you met at a part? ANSWER ME!" She hissed angrily.

"Careful," warned Jason. His voice was composed and apathetic, even though underneath his flesh, his very blood was boiling.

Kylie's grip loosened and he took that opportunity to jerk his arm away. They were hanging out in Mason's garage. Jason had to fix Marco's car and Kylie had this annoying habit of trailing him everywhere.

It irked him to no extent but she was a good distraction. A sweet escape from the harsh reality.

His reality.

But if she continues to be this clingy, he would need to find another escape soon.

"I mean she kissed you right? In front of everyone! That's desperate litt-."

"I kissed her," affirmed Jason.

"Wh...What?" Kylie was speechless, hurt almost. Why would he do that? Seeking pleasure elsewhere? She was trying her best. She was practically serving herself to him, pleasing him in every way possible. Even when he didn't pick up her calls and it broke her heart knowing that he did it on purpose, she would still smile for him. Undress for him.

Only him.

Yes she could have anyone else. Her clothes were always tight and body always exposed. This world would hoot, objectify her. But deep down, she didn't want to be objectified, she wanted to be loved.

Yes, it was too easy. She could indeed have anyone else. Anyone for one night, no strings and no responsibilities and no one to remember her name in the morning.

And why?

Just because her clothes were tight and body always exposed? Because she drank and partied, which automatically made her a slut. Because she was hopelessly in love with someone and her love knew no limits.

Love limitless, that's all she knew. That's what she lived by.

She wanted Jason, for him she could do anything.

Just for that one stamp of approval and one smile of admittance which probably she would never have.

And that girl? He kissed her! Why, God why? She hated that girl's guts.

Why had he kissed her? He had no idea. Maybe because her lips were too pink , too full and too beautiful to resist.

What? Of course not! And beautiful? Since when did he start using that particular adjective to describe any girl or anything, anything at all.

He kissed her to distract her of course. What was he supposed to do? She was threatening to file a police complaint against Marco and as much as he wanted her to, he couldn't let her.

Marco was Mason's friend an Mason....

Thankfully he bought the bullshit Marco feeded him about his cuts, bruises and broken nose. It had taken Jason hours to repair that door he broke but in the end it was as good as new and Mason had no idea. Yes, in exchange of his silence Marco was treating Jason like his personal slave.

'Jason,clean my shoes.'

'Repair my car.'

But Jason was okay with everything, as long as Marco kept his ugly arse mouth shut.

"I gotta go," he said swinging his bag over his shoulder.

"Where?" He didn't answer. Kylie huffed.

"Mike's throwing a party tonight. You coming right?"

"I'll see," he shrugged.

"Well come on," she put her arms around his neck in what she hoped to be a sexy way. He grimaced, but let her.

"Don't you wanna...," she traced kisses along his jaw line. He lightly pulled back.

"What?" she whined.

"I gotta go," he turned around to leave.

"Will you be there at Mike's or not?"

"I'll be there." It'll be a good distraction. Drink a little, get laid and get that girl out of his fucking mind.

_____________________________

It was a bad idea. A party? A goddamn party! What was he thinking? Of course she'd be here. Half of the damned uni was here.

He scowled. What was up with this girl? First, she showed up in his class and now here. Does she even know Mike? Well the possibilities were low, most people here were freeloaders anyway.

He was surprised when the tiny girl, who also happened to be Kylie's roommate collided with them. He didn't know why Kylie despised her so much, she looked all right to him. Tiny yes, girly yes but at least she didn't come off as bitchy.

On second thought though, Kylie and this girl were indeed polar opposites so not much could be done to ease the hatred between them. Not that he cared.

"What the hell! You idiot, can't you walk straight?" Kylie spewed venomously. Jason remained indifferent, he couldn't care less, his eyes were fixated upon the figure that followed.

Why was she here? If anything, she should be avoiding parties like plague. She seemed angry.

What now?

Was she in trouble again? Had anyone...No, he didn't care.

He mustn't care.

He was incapable of caring right? Then why was his heart thrumming wildly against his chest? Why did he feel a sudden surge of adrenaline pulsating through his veins.

Distraction. He desperately needed a distraction.

"I'M A BEAR PRINCE," a loud cut through the thick tension that had surrounded them.

Bear Prince?

A pale torso came into view. On a closer look, he realized that it was the boy from his class. Armel, if he remembered correctly.

Lucia's friend.

He remembered how she had practically shouted her name at Martinez on the first day and then how she had blushed beet red with embarrassment. He smiled at the memory.

Right then, he heard a sound of two bodies colliding and falling over. He turned his head just in time to see Kylie roll over the grass along with the pale boy who said something incoherent to her. But whatever he said, made her smile. She rose and adjusted her skirt, then sauntered back to Jason and wrapped her arm around his.

Damn this clingy girl.

Distraction, he reminded himself.

She was good distraction.

"Roomie, I thought we had an agreement. Your dear friends stay away from me and I stay away from them," she said mockingly.

Lucia looked thunderstruck and Jason wondered what part of Kylie's statement she found surprising.

"What do you mean?" Her silky voice came out unsure.

"Oh she didn't tell you? Your beloved bestie here and I are roomies."

Only an extremely naïve person could've missed the hatred behind the words that Kylie had uttered so sweetly.

Lucia threw her a dirty look.

"Mind your tongue," she warned.

"You mind yours and stay away."

"You know what? It doesn't even matter." The small voice of Lucia's small friend broke the stare contest that had ensued between Lucia and Kylie.

'What the fuck?' Jason didn't need and chic drama to add up to the mix of troubles that was his life and so he was thankful when the small girl ran inside and Lucia ran after her.

"Who does she think she is?" Fuck, not again. Why did Kylie had to bitch about anything and everything?

He didn't need that, he didn't want that.

"It was a bad idea to come out here," he stated flatly.

"Let's go back then and have something to drink," she fingered the button of his shirt. "And then we can go to that empty room upstairs, the keys to which are in your pocket. What'cha say?"

'I say that you're a major turn off.' No he didn't say it out loud.

"Armel! Jeez Armel wake up!" Jason looked behind to see the blonde and the bartender from the other night leaning over the half naked boy. Another guy was standing next to them with his arms crossed over his chest.

Who was he? Lucia's boyfriend? Of course he was. Then why wasn't he with her on the other night.

He felt a pang of jealousy in his heart.

'Stop fucking giving a shit,' he took a mental note.

"He is not going to wake up. I think we should just go find Tia and Lucia," said the bartender.

"What are you looking at Jason? Stop and look at me. I asked you a question," Kylie narrowed her kohl eyes to slits.

"I have to go," he said, surprising her.

"What?" She was furious. "Where the hell you think you're going?"

"To the death of me," he muttered and left.

Kylie was left speechless. Her stomach was tied in a knot. She felt dirty, used but mostly angry.

For every party she dressed up for him, hoping for a compliment which never came. Every single bit of make up on her face was precisely put for him and she doubted, he even ever noticed. For him, she was just a fuck buddy. But today, he not only left her, he rejected her. She felt detached and devastated.

"I'm not a bad person you know," she lowered her head and whispered.

A stray tear slid down her cheek.

Why couldn't he give her a chance.

A single chance.

She turned and saw the naked boy lying on the grass. He was unconscious and his friends had gone. She sat next to him, not caring about the damp grass or the green stains it would leave on her clothes.

She stared at his face. Eyes shut, he seems at peace. A small smile played on his lips, which one could easily miss. Sinewy, a little muscular. Not a six pack like Jason, but not bad.

"I'm a bear prince," his words echoed in her head. " And you my princess are beautiful."

Beautiful.

She had never been called beautiful. Had he really meant it? She didn't know, but she would like to believe he did.

Stretching her legs out, she lay next to him. Not touching, not even the slightest contact.

She just lay next to the unconscious boy with an inch gap between them and looked at the stars above.

And somehow, even with the cold wind whipping against her toned skin, she felt warm and safe.

________________________

Jason was in the party, looking frantically for Lucia when he saw her run upstairs. He got a glimpse of her face, her beautiful face. Her makeup was smeared. Had she been crying?

Why had she been crying?

He wanted to know, he needed to know.

Why? Because fuck it. Why not?

Pushing past a giggling bunch of girls and ignoring the flirtatious glances they threw at him, he rushed upstairs.

Where must have she gone?

Washroom?

Yeah, that was quite possible. Probably to clean her face. Should he just barge inside? If it was some other girl, he probably would have but wait, he wouldn't be here if it was some other girl, would he?

He decided to knock.

Jason Chase knocking on the door of a fucking washroom. It almost sounded comical and if anyone would have suggested it to him, he probably would've punched them.

But here, he was doing it anyway.

He gently rapped on the door.

"One minute," he heard her sweet voice call out.

He didn't have one minute, he couldn't wait for another second.

He knocked again, sharply.

"Yes, yes." He heard hurried footsteps and then the she opened the door.

"I said one- Jason?" Her eyes bulged out in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

Checking on you.

"I could ask you the same," he said instead.

"You are impossible!" She huffed. "Move out of my way!"

He wasn't going to move. He wasn't going to budge. He first needed to make sure she was fine otherwise her haunting voice would eat him up from the inside.

He had not the slightest clue why.

"No."

"What do you want?" she cried.

"You've been crying," he stated. 'Tell me why,' he thought.

"That's none of your business. Why do you care?"

"I don't."

I don't know. Because he did and he hated to admit it.

"Look, I need to go okay? My friends must be waiting.

No she couldn't leave him hanging, he fucking needed to know.

Almost like he was desperate.

Maybe he actually was.

"Not until you tell me why have you been crying?"

"I think you have a girlfriend to get back to," she snapped.

A girlfriend?

No, she didn't think Kylie was his girlfriend. He didn't do girlfriends.

"I don't," he clarified.

"Where's Kylie?" She sounded annoyed.

He obviously couldn't tell her the truth. He had left Kylie to find her. She would think that he was some crazy stalker. So he lied.

"She passed out," he said.

"So? She passed out and you left her?

"I did."

Fuck, why did this girl ask so many questions? Why couldn't she just tell him what was bothering her an then leave him at peace.

"What if right now, someone is trying to take advantage of her? How can you be so indifferent? If she passed out, then you weren't supposed to leave her. Have you ever for a change, tried this thing called responsibility?"

No. Damn, why was he here?

"You know it's useless to think that I can knock some sense into that thick skull of yours. JUST GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

"She is safe," he affirmed. He had to say something otherwise this annoying girl, who worries too much just wouldn't let it go. How could she out of all people give a damn about Kylie anyway? He thought that both of them hate each other. Kylie doesn't give a shit about her.

Then exactly how could she?

"What do you mean?"

"She is safe." He was getting impatient by the second. "Why were you crying?"

"I don't understand."

"You aren't meant to."

Damn this girl. Why couldn't she just leave Kylie alone?

"I don't believe you."

What? Jason felt a little hurt. What reason did she have to not believe him?

'Get over it,' he told himself.

"That's your choice," his words fell flat. "Answer my question." This time he said it more firmly.

"You really want to know?" She raised her voice. "You're the reason that I was crying. You are the most obnoxious person I've ever come across. You're horrible. HORRIBLE AND I HATE YOU! Understand? Now move."

He couldn't move. Had she really meant it?

Horrible.

The word echoed in his mind. Yes, yes he was.

But had she really meant it? He searched her eyes for an answer.

Confirmation or denial.

She was lying. He suddenly felt sure, this girl in front of him couldn't think ill if anybody. Those warm hazel eyes and the bright smile he knew she had, they couldn't lie. They only saw good, they only felt good.

"You're a terrible liar," he spoke and he thought he saw a twinkle of acceptance in her eyes.

Whether it was actually there or he had just imagined it, he didn't know. But it gave him hope.

"Maybe you don't want to tell me right now," he half questioned, half stated.

She nodded her head.

"How about you tell me on a drive?" He offered hoping that she would say yes because not knowing was torture.

Fuck, not knowing would kill him.

________________________

Hello my lovlies!

How are you all? Okay so I changed the title of this story from 'Unbreak' to 'Love Hard'. (Check new cover.)

Tell me which one do you prefer?

This chapter is one of my favorites. Tell me what do you guys think about Kylie now?

I mean it's only fair that we listen to both sides of the story before passing our judgement right?

Also again, I'm super sorry for such a late update, but I'm really trying my best here.

Do not forget to vote and comment <3

Lol, my arm is hurting from typing so much.

I love you all.

Thank you for reading.

XX

SHAY B)

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

421 26 29
Where Layla, a seventeen-year-old high school student, must learn to come to terms with how Kai, who is new to town, looks exactly like the nameless...
92.6K 1.4K 37
* Previously known as Butterfly * Alexandra Ramirez grew up with her parents not caring about her dreams. She had to be the next CEO of their company...
643K 20.6K 40
***This story contains mature scenes*** ------------------------------------------------------- She doesn't give up... He doesn't let go... They say...
1.5M 7K 9
Nine chapters of the original First draft. I will provide updates when I can on what will happen next with this story. :) *** Ali Anglesey is the pic...