Just Good Friends

By actressjp95

Samantha Goode and Daniel "Diggy" Simmons have been best friends since birth. When a new girl arrives at scho... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Epilogue

Chapter 6

1K 20 1
By actressjp95

SAM's POV

~Lunchtime~

"She really asked the teacher that?" Becca asked me. I had just told her what went down in first period.

"Yeah. She think she's slick, but wait 'til I see her again," I say, grabbing a black lunch tray and making my way through the lunch line.

"What are you gonna do?" Becca grabs a salad and puts it on her tray. Most likely that's the only thing she'll be eating.

"Just wait and see." I grabbed two slices of sausage pizza, a chocolate chip cookie, and a can of Mountain Dew and put them on my tray. I gave the cashier my money and walked to our table with Becca right behind me.

We sat our trays down across from Khalil and sat down.

"Sup, boy!" I said, diving right into my pizza slice.

"Hey, Sam. Hey, Becca..." he replied. He had already eaten half of his chicken sandwich and was inhaling his french fries. "I see you're nibbling on some grass today, Becca."

She rolled her eyes and stabbed her lettuce salad with her fork. "I see you're still talking smack."

"You gon' put some dressing on your salad? Ain't it too dry?" Khalil asked her.

"No. Do you know how much fat and carbohydrates are in salad dressing?!"

"Does it look like I care?"

"Enough fat to clog a person's arteries with one swallow! I don't know about you amigos, but I plan on living past 50, thank you very much," Becca replied.

 "Ha, alright," Khalil said.

I finished off my first slice and opened my pop can and took a gulp of my Mountain Dew. Usually Diggy would be here by now. I hope he's not with that thang...

I scan the cafeteria to see if I can spot him anywhere, but no hope. Khalil must've read my mind.

"Uh, Diggy said he might be late to lunch. He had to do something with Julie," he told me.

"Something like what?" I scoff.

"Who knows... If I knew any better, he's probably getting some sugar from her," he laughed, then quickly stopped when he saw the annoyed expression on my face.

"Ahem. Hey, is it true that you wouldn't go with Chris unless he slept with you?"

"Really Khalil? You're really asking me this right now?!" I glared at him.

"Khalil, stop. She already has enough to deal with," Becca told him, "Besides,rea it's a rumor."

"I'm just asking... " Khalil threw up his hands.

I was gonna say something real nasty, but Diggy and that thang walked up to our table. Her arm was hooked around Diggy's. Dana and Ladelle were right behind her with huge attitudes I could tell. What do they want?

"Hello, fam!" Julie greeted us. Khalil and Becca said hi; I simply ignored the chick.

"It's a great day to be thirsty..." Julie said as she looked at me. I finished up my soda and burped out loud. Her "crew" made a stank face and rolled their eyes at me.

"I'm sorry, did you guys walk over here for a reason, or just decide to fling your breath at people trying to eat?" I said.

Julie gave me a fake smile. "I heard about what happened between you and Chris. I'm sorry things didn't work out," she said, as she pretended to feel bad for me. This girl needs to stop in her tracks before my fist meets her face.

Diggy looked at her strangely, "What are you talking about Julie?"

"You haven't heard? Poor Samantha here got rejected by the most popular guy in school. Your friend Chris Travis? Yeah, she asked him to the dance and he said 'no'."

"Julie, why are you spreading rumors? You know that's not true," Becca said, defending me.

"Of course it's true! The whole school is talking about it," Dana threw in her two cents.

"The whole school doesn't know what they're talking about," Becca retorted.

"Wait, wait, wait. You asked Chris out, Sam? Why am I the last to know?" Diggy asked me, smirking as if this is a joke.

"She's probably too embarrassed... I know I'd be," Julie said, "Anyways, I talked to Chris myself and he told me how disgusted he was with you. I mean, why would you even try to bribe him with something like that?"

"She's a basic chick, probably just like her mother," Ladelle had the nerve to say. Okay, they going too far now!

"Excuse you? You don't know me and you have NO business talking about my mother! Especially you're slow a** Ladelle. You probably can't even spell "mother" to save your own mother's life! And Dana, how about we mention the whole school talking about the huge space between your legs. You might wanna close them before you catch something else that's nonrefundable."

By this time, I've captured a crowd of on-lookers who are laughing while I school these girls. I don't care, if I don't like you, I will tell you straight up! No sugar-coating nothing!

"And Julie. My oh my girl, you have the nerve to come up in my space and act like you give a d*mn about anyone at this table. I know you're up to something and I'm gonna find out reaaaallll soon! I don't know why you decided to spread rumors about me, but I don't need it. And if you don't stop, I'll surely find a way to make you stop--"

"Samantha!"

I stopped and looked behind me. It was Mrs. Raymond, my Spanish teacher.

"Mrs. Raymond..."

"Why are you yelling at Julie and her friends?"

"They came over to our table talking mess, so I had to tell 'em what's up."

"Yelling and calling people names doesn't solve anything dear--"

"She's the one spreading lies about me! She came up in here thinking she can just rule the school and act all innocent around people when she's really brown-noising in people's business!" I reply.

Mrs. Raymond looks at me showing no type of sympathy. She looks at my friends.

"Was Julie talking bad about Samantha?"

Khalil, Diggy, and Becca just blinked their eyes at the teacher. Are they gonna back me up?

"In all fairness, Mrs. Raymond," Diggy spoke up, "I don't know anything about anyone talking bad about anyone BUT, I know that both Julie and Sam are very nice, sincere individuals, and they can handle any misunderstandings that occur here at West High. As an elite player on the Varsity boys basketball team, I learned that if you come into contact with someone that ends up in a crazy situation, both players have to solve their problems by themselves; that's the only way we'll grow as citizens in this community and the entire nation."

Diggy cheeses calmly and classically, and sits down at the lunch table. I look at Mrs. Raymond -- her jaw dropped. I didn't even know half them words were in Diggy's vocabulary. He really ate this one up. Hopefully, his smooth talk and the fact that he's an athlete will get Mrs. Raymond off my tail for now.

"Daniel..." Mrs. Raymond smiles at him. "You're absolutely right. Julie, Sam, I hope you two solve your problems and we won't have to have an encounter like this again. Am I clear?"

"Yes." I say.

"Of course, Mrs. Raymond," Julie cheeses. The teacher walks out of the cafeteria and the crowd of students around our table clears. I roll my eyes and look back at Julie.

"Well, Julie, it was nice chatting with you today, but I'm going to finish my lunch and talk to my friends over here to discuss our night out tonight. You can leave now," I demand.

She fake smiles and whispers something in Diggy's ear. He smiles.

"Okay, Samantha. I'll leave you in peace..." She walks away with her minions right behind.

Diggy looks at me. I roll my eyes and chug my soda.

"Um, I believe I deserve a thank you..."

He must be out his mind.

"For what? Hanging with the enemy and barely having my back?" I say.

"I saved you! I don't know what is going on between you and Julie, but if you keep running that big mouth of yours, it's gonna get you in trouble," Diggy said, stealing one of Khalil's fries.

"Oh, so now I have a big mouth?"

"You've always had a big mouth. Ever since you told on me for stealing Susie Johnson's building blocks I can barely trust you with anything."

"Oh, oh really? So you don't trust me? That's funny because I remember saving your a** from bullies in elementary school and helping hide you under the slide when you told me I'm the only one you trusted..." Diggy was silent. "But I guess things change, right?" I laugh and shake my head.

"Sam, look... don't get it twisted. You know I respect our friendship, but as I friend I gotta be honest: you are overly dramatic sometimes. You always think people are attacking you or always have something against you when you're the one always causing mess. It's not a good look--"

"Well good thing I'm not trying to look good for anybody, now is it?" I roll my eyes, and dismiss myself from the lunch table. I'm not dealing with this today. No one understands me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 79 22
MATTIA POLIBIO FANFIC. 𝗂𝗇 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝖼𝗁 𝖺 π–»π—ˆπ—’ 𝖿𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒 π–½π–Ύπ—π–Ύπ—…π—ˆπ—‰π—Œ π–Ώπ—…π–Ίπ—π—ˆπ—‹ 𝗂𝗇 π—π—‚π—Œ π—π–Ίπ—Œπ—π–Ύ π—ˆπ–Ώ π—€π—‚π—‹π—…π—Œ.
1M 58.9K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
14.9K 704 33
"Let's be nothing, I've heard it lasts forever" 1987. Rena Davis...
6.3K 692 18
i always shared my midnight thoughts with you. - a byun baekhyun fanfiction.