THE Marquis's Mistress: Histo...

By Sinaidkincaid16

Natasha Grayson knew she was not pretty. She was also not expecting great things from her meager life, with... More

THE MARQUIS MISTRESS
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18:
EPILOGUE
PROLOGUE

CHAPTER 5

153K 3.4K 137
By Sinaidkincaid16

‘Good morning my lord,’ Crystal flashed her milk white pearls at the marquis.  ‘Is it not a beautiful day my lord?’

‘Good morning,’ Benedict, looked at her for as long as a polite greeting allowed and adjusted the bed cloth around the duke.  Crystal was yet to even cast a cursory look at his father, never mind one that even pretended to display any compassion. 

The duke was awake this morning.  Benedict wanted to study how good a task Crystal did in assisting his father with his breakfast.  He shifted out of the way, to allow her to feed him his porridge.  She pulled the chair clumsily, nervously her eye shot to Benedict and returned to her task.  The first spoon of porridge fell on the duke’s night shirt.  It took her three attempts before she managed to get a full spoon into the duke’s mouth.  Finally she had  the bowl empty.  It had taken her so long; the duke was ready for lunch by then. 

‘I shall be back just before supper time,’ Benedict departed.

Crystal was totally devastated that the marquis was going to be away for the entire day.  She only took on this job to attract his attention.  She was sure he liked her just a little.  Why else did he stay so long, whilst she was feeding the duke his porridge?  It was such a boring job feeding the duke and giving him his medication.  Could not one of the servants just feed him his porridge?  There was absolutely nothing to do, but look at the walls of the duke’s chamber, which was decorated in dull mahogany and crème.  It was a good thing she had brought some of her fashion articles, at least with that she could pass the time. 

Thank heavens the pay the duchess had mentioned was handsome.  Crystal had almost gawked at how much they had offered.  She was not expecting half that amount.  She was not going to repeat even to her mother the actual amount she would get.   There were two gowns in Bond Street that she had fallen in love with, and knew she could never afford.  Now she was definitely going to have them both in her possession very soon.  Perhaps she will make a trip to London next week.

Benedict had never met anybody as clumsy as Crystal Grayson.  Could she honestly be related to his rather efficient estate manager Daniel Grayson, or the charming and hard working Natasha Grayson?  No off course not she was no biological relation.  Benedict suspected the scheming Sophie Grayson had manipulated her husband to send Crystal, when h had wanted Natasha there.  Sweet caring Natasha who had begged him not to harm a stray bird.  Benedict wanted to see Natasha today.  He must give her news about her bird.  The thought of seeing her again made him gallop faster, he hoped she would come to the lake today.  It was a beautiful warm day.

‘My lord, finally you have come,’ Natasha ran towards his horse, then hesitated at her supposed impertinence.  ‘How is the bird?’ she demanded, before he could dismount.

‘Hello Miss Grayson,’ he greeted, without offering a smile.

‘Er---good afternoon my lord,’ she looked down.

‘Your bird is doing extremely well,’ he informed her.

‘Really,’ she smiled happily.  ‘So he will fly soon.’

‘Yes.  The wing has healed very nicely.  I think in about a week, he should be brave enough to attempt a flight.’

‘Did you find him some worms?  I can find him some, if you are too busy.’

‘There is an abundance of worms in the vegetable garden. Your bird is enjoying scrumptious meals every day,’ he replied with a grave face.

Natasha would love to see the little blighter, but her father would not approve of her visiting the marquis’  estate.  She would be in so much trouble if he dare found out she was having a conversation with Benedict, let alone the fact that she had ridden on his horse, and that she had enjoyed Benedict’s arm around her waistline.  Just thinking about it made her want to be in his arms.  In fact she longed for it so much that it made her rather bold.

‘I have to be going my lord,’ she lied.

‘You’re not swimming today?’

‘No I have to help my step mother with something.’  Which was the truth, Sophie needed a new dress and had bought the most exquisite silk material and given it to Natasha to cut the pattern for her gown, for a ladies’ summer ball that was taking place in two day’s time.

‘I thought you would be the one attending to my father Miss Grayson.’

I thought and wished so too.

‘I have many chores, and as Crystal is on school holiday, it was decided she should assist,’ Natasha avoided his eyes.  ‘How ---is his grace doing, my lord?’

‘He has started to accept his meals.  He was awake for a while today.’  Benedict did not know why he was revealing this much to this waif.  He did not like talking about himself or such personal things as his family, especially to the daughter of the hired help.

‘I hope his grace gets better soon my lord.  I am sure he does not like to be in his bed all day.’ 

If his grace is as serious about life as you are, then he will definitely not like to be saddled to his bed.

‘My father definitely does not like to be at the mercy of sickness or anybody for that matter,’ Benedict allowed a smile.  ‘How did you know?’

‘If I may be bold---.  I think you are that way and so ---I think you must get it from his grace.’

Benedict laughed.  He actually laughed.  He was handsome when he laughed. 

‘Let me take you home Miss Grayson,’ and with that Benedict picked her up into his arms and carried her to his horse.

‘My lord you donot need to carry me,’ but her arm went around his neck. ‘I think you should put me down.’

‘I think I want to carry you,’ he teased, as he gazed into the depth of her green eyes, bright like a precious gemstone.

Natasha was too confused, so she kept quiet.  Yes she liked him.  Yes she wanted to be in his arms, but the thing was; she knew she was just setting herself up for disappointment.  Benedict gently placed her on his horse, and hopped on behind her. He shifted her body, so she was pressed against him.  Natasha allowed it, leaning into him.  He placed his arm around her waist, she rested her hand on his arm.  Benedict was yet to put the horse in motion.  Natasha used one hand and lifted her skirt up, to reveal one, very slender, well-shaped thigh.  ‘Natasha what are you doing to me?’ Benedict’s guttural voice filled her eardrums.  He pressed his lips against her throat, she gasped at the sweet sensation, and tilted her head against his shoulder.  Benedict’s fingers slid from her waist upwards, till it closed over her well rounded breast. 

‘Benedict,’ she cried out, as she felt a wave of desire wash over her like flames of a raging fire.  His tongue caressed down her neck.  His lips pressed soft kisses on her flesh.  She thought she was going to choke to death, when his fingers burnt a trail up her thigh.  Natasha jerked forward, in a bid to escape any more of his advances.   She was frightened.  She’d never done anything this intimate with a man before.  The thing that frightened her was that she wanted him to do more.  She wanted Benedict to do things to her and with her that she had never done with a man before. She knew she was aroused.  Benedict had touched her and caressed her, yet he had not yet even kissed her, but she wanted him to do things with her.

Benedict shook his head to clear the unbridled desire that was sweeping over him.  He had never been so turned on by a woman before.  In fact he was so aroused, it hurt inside his trousers.  Surely she could feel his arousal piercing against her back.  The waif was so exciting and her sensuous body shook him like a bolt of lightning.  What was he going to do about it?  He could not have her.  It would be wrong.  He could never offer for her, his family would never allow it.  He knew she was still a maiden.  He could not take that from her, she owed it to the man who would offer for her.

Without a word, Benedict picked up the reins and let the horse gallop ahead.  She did not put her hand on his arm anymore, instead she clasped the stirrup so tightly, her knuckles were white, but he kept his arm around her waist.  He was not ready to release her completely.  Infact he longed to press his lips against her flesh one more time.  The herbal scent of her hair aroused him so much, he had an uncontrollable urge to sink himself inside her. The ride had come to an end rather too quickly.  The horse stopped, but Benedict still held her tightly against his chest. 

‘Be at the lake tomorrow,’ he instructed. 

As Benedict helped her down, he pressed her body against his, so when she slid down, her pelvis caressed against his aroused form.  Without a word he released her, but his eyes were so dark with desire, she could see the reflection of her face, in their dark depths.

‘Thank you my lord,’ Natasha ran inside without looking back.

Benedict did not feel like going back home.  He was still aching with desire for Natasha.  He wanted her like he had never wanted a woman before.  He rode back to the lake, removed every bit of his clothing and dived into the water.  After an hour of strenuous swimming, he was still wildly aroused.  He put his clothes on again and headed to town.  He let his horse graze in the shade, loosely tying the reins to a tree and strode to the front door of the elegant cottage  at the end of Black Turtle Street.

‘Darling!  How lovely to see---.’

That’s as far as she got, when Benedict’s mouth came crashing over hers.

‘Oh darling I knew you would miss me,’ she tore her lips away to sing her own praises.  I missed you so much,’ she wrapped her arms around him.  Benedict pushed her towards her bed, not bothering to remove her clothes, he just dropped her drawers, unzipped his pants and entered her.  She was too delighted to have him in her arms, in her bed, that the unconventional way he had taken her mattered not to Louisa.  ‘Oh Benedict you are so amazing,’ she cradled his head against her bosom, as he lay there spent over her.

‘Forgive me.  I exercised no restraint,’ he apologized. 

‘You will spend the night, will you not Benedict,’ she pleaded.

‘No, I am sorry.  My father needs me,’ he lifted himself up from the bed.

‘Darling can you not stay another hour,’ she looked at him shyly.

He supposed he owed her that little bit.  He had ravished her like a wild animal with little consideration for her own satisfaction.  He had selfishly just taken his own pleasure, and had not bothered to satisfy her.  It was so unlike him.  He prided himself normally on his ability to first satisfy his women, before his own pleasure. 

It is all Natasha’s fault, for lifting her skirt and arousing me.

‘Sure,’ Benedict smiled, lifting Louisa into a sitting position.  ‘I can stay an hour.’  He took his time and removed her gown, then peeled off her soft camisole and lastly her drawers.  When she was totally naked, he lay her carefully on the bed, then removed his own clothes.  Only when he had pleasured her, and knew Louisa was on the point of explosion, did he enter her and pleasure them both to satisfaction.

‘What is wrong Crystal?’ Natasha observed her fallen countenance.

The marquis never came home,’ she scowled.

Natasha looked away, avoiding her eyes, ‘oh.’

Natasha felt a lot of emotions right now, but regret was not one of them.  She enjoyed every second with Benedict and tomorrow she was going to the lake to be with him again. He was handsome, beautiful, adorable, strong, and when he looked into her eyes, deep into her eyes, she felt one with him.

‘He is good looking, but so cold and unfriendly,’ Crystal complained.  ‘Do you know he does not speak a single word to me, other than a greeting or if it is related to his father?’

‘You are getting paid for just that reason,’ Natasha reminded her.

‘Well you better be glad you are not the one to put up with his cold ruthless face every day.’

‘It canot be that bad,’ Natasha tried to defend Benedict.

‘He is worse than bad,’ Crystal groaned.

‘Good day my lord,’ Crystal greeting Benedict and avoided any attempt at conversation.

‘Good day,’ Benedict greeted sombrely.

‘Has my father taken his lunch?’

‘Yes my lord and his medication very well today.’

There was a soft knock on the door, ‘enter,’ Benedict called.

‘The Lady Louisa,’ the butler announced.

Louisa stormed into his father’s chamber, the expensive layers of her skirt squished about, she hesitated when she saw the attractive lady in attendance in the room.

‘Good morning my lord,’ Louisa smiled confidently, her eyes going to his father.  ‘How is his grace this morning?’

‘Good morning my lady.’

Crystal witnessed the first smile on Benedict’s face. 

‘Father is faring much better, thank you.’

Louisa’s eye’s shifted to Crystal enquiringly.

‘Lady Louisa, this is Miss Crystal Grayson, she is a temporary nurse.  ‘Miss Grayson this is Lady Louisa Horton.’

‘Good day my lady,’ Crystal bowed slightly admiring the striking lady and the glamorous afternoon gown she had on.  It was similar to the one Crystal had the mind to purchase.  ‘May I say my lady, you are most beautiful,’ Crystal complimented sincerely, and instantly found a new friend.

‘Thank you Miss Crystal,’ Louisa beamed.

‘Excuse us, Miss Crystal,’ Benedict led Louisa to his drawing room.

‘What brings you here Louisa?’ Benedict was annoyed.  He was looking forward to spending the afternoon with Natasha.

‘Darling do I need a reason?  Is not wanting to be with you reason enough?’ her arms wrapped around his neck, her lips pressed against his.

‘I do apologize Louisa,’ he gently removed her arms from around his body.  ‘I do have another engagement.’

‘Will I see you later?’

That was the problem with Louisa.  Every time he visited her, it just increased her appetite that she did her own calling on him, if he was too long in returning to her.

‘I cannot promise Louisa.  If I have the time, I will drop by.’

‘Okay, she took her time and kissed him.  ‘Please try,’ she murmured and left.

‘You will not believe who I saw Natasha!’ Crystal was ecstatic.

‘Who?’  Natasha was only politely responding.

‘The marquis’s fiancée!’

‘What!’ Natasha exclaimed.

‘Well you must know that everybody suspects the marquis will be making an offer for Lady Louisa Horton.  She came there today.  She looks stunning.’

Natasha thought her world was crashing around her.  Benedict had a fiancée.

‘Lady Louisa could not keep her eyes off him and he smiled for the very first time today, Natasha.’

‘When was this Crystal?’

‘About lunchtime, why?’

‘Just curious,’ Natasha answered in a daze.  She had met him just after lunch.  He actually did look happy today.  He had smiled at her as well.  He had not touched her or made any advances.  They just chatted about the bird, his father, the wild dogs.  She told him how Benjamin would love a dog, but Sophie would not hear of it.  She had also told him of Ben’s dream to become a doctor.  He had asked what her dream was, but she had changed the subject, complimenting him about the success of his organic produce.

So Benedict had a fiancée.  Natasha was supposed to meet him again tomorrow, well she will not be going.

-end chapter five-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5M 64.1K 38
"Are you..are you my mate?" I asked, as I stuttered, and blinked. "What?! You high? I'll never have a mate as fat as you, and as ugly too. Get lost...
126K 2.6K 70
WILL SOON BE GOING UNDER MAJOR RENOVATIONS!! THIS STORY WILL SOON MAKE SENSE. *attention* I wrote this when my writing was worse than it is now, ple...
12.4K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
1.6K 57 21
Charles. Chloe Charles. Originally, I was a normal girl. Keyword "was". Now, I'm an assassin. I was Peter Parker's childhood best friend. I've had a...