Lustrous

By Dream_big96

Clumsy, accident prone and damn right weird is how people often describe Skylar Martin and it didn't surprise... More

Chapter 1: First Impressions are Ever Lasting
Chapter 2: The Flooding of Warm Liquids
Chapter 3: The Proposition of an Arrangement
Chapter 4: Coming to A Decision
Chapter 5: Ungentlemanly, Rude Suitor
Chapter 6: Defining the terms of Marriage
Chapter 7: Section C Intimacy and Romance
Chapter 8: The Uninvited Guest
Chapter 9: Joy and Heartache
Chapter 10: The Dinner Date from Hell
Chapter 11: You're Place, or Mine
Chapter 12: Simple, Classy and Elegant Jewels
Chapter 13 : Modelling the Right Attire
Chapter 14 : Dealing With Business
Chapter 15: The Burn of Family Dinners
Chapter 16: The Uncontrollable Run of a Mouth
Chapter 17: Delicious Cubes of Heaven
Chapter 18: On The Dotted Line
Chapter 19: Welcoming New Additions
Chapter 20: The Return of Self-Pity
Chapter 21: Finding His Genius
Chapter 23: The Right Amount of Puff
Chapter 24: The Gifting of a Diamond
Chapter 25: Engaging Conversations
Chapter 26: Changing the Rules of the Game
Chapter 27: Bright Lights of Lustrous
Chapter 28: Missteps and Shakey ground
Chapter 29: Oh, to be a Couple
Chapter 30: The Pillow Wall Reconstruction
Chapter 31: A Trick of Obsidian
Chapter 32: The Embellishment of the Pillow wall
Chapter 33: Oppurtuinities
Chapter 34: Date Night
Chapter 35: Meeting Old Foes
Chapter 36: Untitled
Chapter 37: Butterflies Bite
Chapter 38: Lord of the Park
Chapter 39: Combating with Foes
Chapter 40: The Perfect Place
Chapter 41: He Who Grounds Her
Chapter 42: Lost in the Silence
Chapter 43: The Power of Words
Chapter 44: The After Life
Chapter 45: Happily Ever After
Epilogue: First Christmas
Epilogue: A Birthday Surprise
Epilogue: Just One of Those Days

Chapter 22: A Morning to Remember

108K 4K 417
By Dream_big96

By the time the Opera was over I was rather content. I had my Slurpee, my bag of lollies and of course my earphones that were blasting its way down Anthony's playlist at a leisurely pace.

"That was absolutely amazing." Jackie gushed as we made our way out on to the sidewalk.

"Truly great." I smiled in agreement. Well, what I was listening to was.

"It is so nice to see young people with such appreciation for the arts Sky, my own son would never submit himself to that 'torture' as he calls it." She smiled at me and turned her attention to me. "You should join us at the Museum one day, we can do lunch."

I caught Anthony's surprised look out of the corner of my eye.

I smiled knowing I had the advantage. "That would be wonderful, I have been so intrigued to see the Gerhard Richter exhibition that is touring at the moment."

"Oh I absolutely adore his work don't you?"

I had no idea who or what his work looked like, all I knew was that his name was plastered on the banners outside the Museum and they have a very catchy add circulating the TV at the moment. "Yes, some of my favourites."

Jackie beamed at me as she began to ramble a little about artistic techniques and the contrast of the right colours, but, I got a little lost in the translation of what felt like another language.

"Darling, I think you've taken up plenty of young Skylar's time, we should be heading off." Boyd cut in as he fondly took hold of his wife's hand.

"Oh yes of course. Good night everyone, I look forward to seeing you again Sky." She waved goodbye and retreated into the night.

I smiled proud of myself while Anthony seemed a little taken aback. "Looks like you're a natural at making business deals Sky." Anthony's father stepped forward and took hold of his wife's hand.

"Thank you." I accepted his compliment.

"We should go it's late." Sandra cut in. "Oh and Sky, I'll see you tomorrow." She added as she started walking off.

"Tomorrow?" I frowned. "What's happening tomorrow?" I turned back to Anthony hoping he could answer my question.

Anthony shrugged unsure of his mother's plans.

"So I did good huh?" I smiled as we started making our way back to where the car should be meeting us.

"Yes, surprisingly."

I frowned. "Surprisingly?"

"Yeah I expected uh um ah." He chuckled. "You know, like usual."

"Yeah well, I told you I was amazing at my job."

"You mean the job where you are unemployed?" He frowned.

I paused. "The job I would have had if you had have hired me."

Did you say that right?

I have no idea. I got lost in my own words.

"What ever you say Sky, what ever you say." He chuckled and opened the door for me - although technically it was because he refused to slid over.

I leaned my head against the window and fought off sleep as I waited to arrive back at the hotel. It has been a long day, I had a failed interview, the return of my self-pity, I had to defend and protect my pet rabbit and lets not forget put up with Anthony and help him obtain a large investor.

I deserved a good, long sleep. Maybe I will sleep in until lunch tomorrow?

"We're here." Anthony opened the door and held it open for me to climb out.

"Thanks Roy." I smiled as I climbed out, using Anthony's un-offered arm to pull myself out.

"Roy?" Anthony frowned as we started walking into the building.

"Yeah, the driver."

"Oh." He seemed almost puzzled.

"You are a terrible boss." I told him honestly.

"When you employ that many people and can remember everyone's name then come and talk to me."

We stepped into the apartment and I made a beeline for the bed. Kicking off my shoes and dumbing my jewellery on the floor with my shoes, I walked into the wardrobe and pealed off my dress before pulling on my shorts and old t-shirt with a large picture of Mickey Mouse on it.

Jumping into the bed I pulled the blankets over myself and got comfortable.

Anthony walked into the room and looked around, his eyes hovering on the mess I had just made; My shoes in the middle of the room, my dress on the floor and the blankets with no logical order as I threaded my legs in them.

He shook his head in disapproval before he turned around.

"What do you think you're doing?" I screamed at him as he shrugged out of his shirt and threw it over the chair.

Uh undressing what does it look like? Now, shut up and let me enjoy this.

"Going to bed." He replied, looking over his left shoulder at me letting his back muscles tense and bulge out nicely.

Mouth-watering. My inner self was already drooling at the view like Homer Simpson over a donut.

Concentrate.

Oh I am, just on the man and not the situation.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head slightly trying to silence her voice.

"You're muttering to yourself again." Anthony pointed out as he now stood beside the bed. Reaching down he grabbed a firm hold of the duvet and threw it back allowing him to slide his figure in the bed beside me.

"Uh, excuse me, this is my bed." I informed him, just in case he missed that fact.

"Shouldn't a man sleep with his fiancé?" He asked sarcastically as he pulled the pillow out from under my head and placed it under his.

"Not if he steals my pillow, he shouldn't!" I snatched my pillow back and hugged it close to my chest, letting his head fall down to the mattress and bang against the soft coverings.

No give him back the pillow! Then we can use his chest as ours and we can feel his muscles as he breaths and...

Please stop talking.

"You have three pillows there!"

"And I sleep with every one of them, now get out." I tried to shove him.

He smiled, clearly entertained by my lack of upper body strength.

"Fine, keep your pillow, but if you think for a second I am sleeping on the dirty, dusty floor you are mistaken."

"It's not dirty, it was cleaned this morning."

"Shut up and go to sleep."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Get out."

"No." his furious glare matched my own as we started a stare down.

Look how pretty his eyes are when his angry. Like tiny suns.

Tiny suns dying from the inside.

But beautiful none the less.

"You're muttering again." His words pulled me back to reality.

"Huh?" I flinched and blinked.

"Ha! I win, now go to sleep."

"Last warning." I warned him, my voice laced with seriousness.

"Just go to sleep Sky." He sighed and laid his head down and closed his eyes trying to sleep.

Don't do what I think you're going to do. It's been so long since we've had a man in our bed and let's face it, none of them were this manly and well built. Can't you just shut your mouth and enjoy it?

Nope.

I laid down on my side facing him and thought of only one way to get this lump of a man to move. Curling in on myself I kicked him. His loud cry as he curled him and clutched his manhood was like music to my ears. "I warned you." I smiled as I gently pushed him off the bed, getting an immense gleeful feeling when I heard the loud thud of weight as he landed on the floor.

I leaned up and fluffed my pillow before laying back down and relaxing with a pillow for my head and two pillows either side of me.

So if he can never father any children, we know when it happened?

He coughed a few times and started to move. "Can I at least have a pillow now?"

"No, use your bag." I replied not even bothering to open my eyes.

I heard him shuffle around the room and some things being moved but the noises began to blur together as sleep took me as a willing hostage.

%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%

I woke up the next morning to a strange sensation on my arm. It was... weird. I almost didn't know how to describe it, all I know was as I came further and further back into consciousness the feeling was beginning to hurt and become extremely irritating. I opened my eyes one at a time as I blinked rather rapidly to adjust to the extreme brightness.

How many times do I have to remind your pathetic little mind to close the curtains before you go to bed?

You live in my pathetic little mind.

Oh right. Not so pathetic.

Looking around my new bedroom looked strange... much unlike I remember it when I fell asleep last night. There were no creamy and grey coloured walls, no timbered bedposts or door that I normally see when I first open my eyes. No, all I saw was blue, blue ceilings with bright rays of light that almost seem to burn my sensitive eye balls out of their cosy little sockets.

A loud chirp near my ear and the uncomfortable feeling on my arm had my attention. With my eyes wide I turned my head to find a bird trying eat my arm – its hard beak was harshly peeking at my sensitive flesh.

Oh my god! Did that hot, handsome fiancé of yours turn into a bird during the night? Quick kiss him and see if he turns back into a handsome rich guy.

I flinched back. There was no way I was kissing a bird. The bird moved toward my arm again and I lost control, screaming out bloody murder I waved my hands around in the air and managed to lift myself up. I was outside, on the porch lounge chair with a bird trying to eat me, and the sun shining with a bright intensity.

How the fuck - "Anthony!" I screamed out as I turned to walk back inside but the door was locked. I panicked as the bird chirped again and jumped further towards me.

"Shit Anthony, open this damn door!" I screamed as I started banging on the glass door where the curtains covered the inside. "Anthony!"

The curtain pulled back revealing a smug looking Anthony in his pyjama pants smirking at me.

"Open the door please I've learnt my lesson!" I banged on the door again.

"Can you hear something?" He tried to play dumb with me. "God those birds are really loud this morning."

As if right on cue the bird behind me chirped again making me yelp. "Anthony, please." I all but begged him.

I think you are developing a phobia of birds.

I pouted at the thought.

Yep it's coming through now.

The bird hopped forward and tilted its head at me.

"Anthony!" I whined and all but cried as I attacked the door.

He threw his head back and laughed at me as he reached out and opened the door letting me run into the bedroom. "Shut the door quick!"

He laughed even harder. I swear the man was seconds away from crying and chocking on his laughter.

I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him the best 'death stare' I could possibly give this early in the morning. "Why?"

He faced me, his muscles still shaking with laughter as he continued to chuckle. "Well," he chuckled again. "You wouldn't let me sleep in my bed and I couldn't sleep on the couch so I decided to teach you a lesson."

"That is cruel!" I pressed. I was still struggling with my newly acquired bird phobia. Ugh, just the thought of bird had me cringing now.

"It did the trick." He smiled - proud of himself.

"Okay, I am sorry. I've learnt my lesson."

"Good." He nodded in approval.

"But I have a rule."

Anthony looked at me astonished. "You don't have the upper hand here Sky. You don't make the terms."

"I always have the upper hand Anthony." And even when I didn't, I still told myself I did for good measure.

"What rule?"

I took a deep breath. "We share the bed like responsible adults, but there is no touching."

"Where's the fun in that?" He frowned at my rule.

"No fun. I still hate you remember, I'm willing to act like an adult but I don't want to be touched until I at least trust you." I may not love the man, or grow to love him anytime soon but I was open to building a relationship on trust.

"Fine. But you have to stop telling yourself you hate me and be open to trusting me." He bargained.

"Deal." I shook his hand.

"Great now I'm going to work." He walked into the wardrobe to get dressed, closing the door behind him.

I walked out into the kitchen and started making my breakfast, searching through the cereal boxes for something good.

"I'm going to work now." Anthony spoke as he walked out of the bedroom, pulling on his suit jacket and fixing his collar. "Oh and don't forget my mother is coming today."

"Ugh, you had to remind me." I let my head drop on the bench top. "Ow."

%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%&%

Sky and Anthony's first night together. Did you enjoy?

NEWS!!! Hello everyone. For all of you lovely readers who have twitter, a friend of mine has started a twitter account called Dream_Expanders where she is going to be promoting different wattpad stories and authors. Now I don't know much about twitter so if you can't find her or want to help out with the promotion then please send her a pm asuna17lucy

Please vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 2K 35
[WATTYS 2022 SHORTLIST] Oliver Osborne is known to most as impulsive, nonchalant, and just downright stupid. That said, it came as no surprise when...
9.5M 309K 70
Wattpad Creator! Happy and proud. HIM: Staying the night? Not my thing. Hearts and flowers? Boring. Falling in love? Not anytime soon. Settling down...
6.1K 367 50
One date. That's what they were told. One date evolves into something. Something neither of them wanted. A grave misunderstanding occurs pushing a ma...
32.2K 1.1K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...