Burning Bright: An Avengers F...

By ArkhamGirl

Ever since Lila was 7 years old, she had been running from S.H.I.E.L.D. Finally, after almost 7 years, Nick F... More

Note to Readers!
Prolouge
New Surroundings
Explaining the Situation
Taking a Stand
What the Future Holds
Welcome Home
Eggs & Elves
Changing Fate
Painful Revelations
Defending the Accused
Battle of the Redheads
Not an update but VERY IMPORTANT!!
Regaining Consciousness
Who, What, and Why
Old Wounds
A Familial Moment
The Path That She Shall Take
Reliving the Past, Moving Towards the Future
Sequel Out Now!

Playing Doctor

14.6K 437 160
By ArkhamGirl

I half carried, half dragged the unconscious boy into the elevator. It should've been easy, but he weighed a ton. Even though he clearly hasn't eaten a good meal in a long time, he still had some muscle. He was tall and lean, but not to skinny. He was a happy medium between muscular and wiry. So, what should've taken me five minutes took more like fifteen. I finally got him into the elevator, and cautiously laid him on the ground. He let out a little groan, which I guess was a good sign.

"JARVIS, are you online?" I ask.

"Yes ma'am. I'm sorry for before, but my system was temporarily shut down. I have only just rebooted. Shall I call the police?"

"No!" I shout. "I mean, he looks pretty banged up, the least we can do is patch him up. Just take me to Bruce's lab, and warn me if Pepper or the guys are coming home, okay?" I tell the AI as I bend down to examine the boy. JARVIS gives me a quick "yes ma'am" and soon the elevator's headed towards the lab.

I finally get the boy onto Bruce's lab table, after another twenty minutes of dragging him and trying to get pull him up onto the steel desk. I rummage around the lab for anything useful. He'll need fluids, bandages, and probably a blood transfusion.

"JARVIS, you gotta help me out here bud. I need you to find out how I can safely give this guy an IV, and a blood transfusion. If I take a sample, can you tell if we're the same blood type?" I ask. This is going to be difficult, but it needs to happen. I take a sample of the boy's blood, and put it in some machine that'll run it with a sample that I took of my own blood. While that's happening, I might as well start the other things.

I start cleaning the boys wounds, each one worst than the last. Some of them are scabbed over, showing that their old injuries, while others are so fresh that their still bleeding slightly. There's a particularly nasty one that goes all the way across his abdomen, oozing pus and blood. I wrap the gauze all the way around the cut, giving the guy a funny looking belt. I reach for his wrist to see if I can set it when another hand reaches out and grips my wrist tightly.

I face the boy, who's breathing rapidly, his eyes darting back and forth from my hand to his injured wrist.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm just trying to help." I explain in a soothing voice. The boy slowly drops my wrist. I grab his injured wrist as gently as I can, but he still lets out a hiss as his jaw clenches. I give him a sympathetic look, while further examining his wrist.

"It looks like a clean break, as far as I can tell. I can give you a splint, but that'll only fix it temporarily. Is that okay?" The boys nods, and I get the gauze and start wrapping it around his wrist.

"You gotta name, Mr. Stranger? Mine's Lila." I say with a small smile. Even though he's wincing in pain, the guy manages a smile in return. A long pause follows my question. I'm about to just drop the subject when he abruptly answers.

"My name is Wolf." he says. The way he says it sounds strange, like he's just getting used to saying the words. It may be I'm just not used to his accent, which sounds British but richer. It sounds so familiar, the way he talks. I raise my eyebrow in question, but say nothing.

I take one of Bruce's hardcover books and rip all the pages out (sorry Bruce!). I rip the cover right down the middle, giving me my splint. I position it on either side of Wolf's hand, and tape it together.

"Now, all that's left is your IV and blood transfusion. JARVIS, what are the results?"

"Both you and the young man are O positive Ms.Sutton." the butler replies crisply. Wolf looks confused, but I'll explain JARVIS later.

"Okay Wolf, I need to give you an IV full of fluids and a blood transfusion. Can you manage that?" I ask. Wolf nods slowly.

"I'll be fine." he says. I get the saline drip and hang it up on one of those hospital bag holders. I connect the bag to a long thin tube and a needle, and grab Wolf's arm to find a vein. He jumps when I touch him and his arm becomes very tense.

"I need you to relax so I can put the IV in." I tell him. Wolf takes a deep breath and clenches his eyes shut. I feel his muscles start to relax under my hand. I find a vein and plunge the needle in. Wolf winces, but I can already tell that he feels better as his body becomes rehydrated. I quietly clean up and start preparing what I need for the transfusion as he rests.

"So, how do you know me?" I suddenly blurt out. So much for being subtle. Curse me and my big mouth!

Wolf looks at me nervously. "Why do you think I know you?" He asks timidly.

"Because you magically appear in the building I live in, and before you passed out, you said 'it's you'. Don't tell me that it's just a coincidence." I say matter of factly.

Wolf seems to think for a second, but then nods his head, as if coming to a decision. "Okay, I do know you somewhat. This is going to sound crazy, but I've been having these....dreams. And in my dreams, these people tell me that I'll meet this girl who will change my future. They told me she would help me when I most needed it," Wolf gestured to his banged up body, "and would have flaming red hair and piercing green eyes." Wolf finished, waving his hand towards me.

"The people, are they three women?" I ask urgently. If he confirms my dream, then I'm not going crazy! But,.....that also means that something big is about to happen to mankind.

"How did you know?" Wolf looks at me suspiciously. Crap! I couldn't tell him about my mission, just that I had had dreams too! It didn't matter that I said they were women, right?

"I've also been having dreams, but I never talk to the people in them. But it's three women on this barren, rocky moon, and there's a bunch of purple fog. Sound familiar?" I silently pray that he doesn't ask me to go into more detail, because if there's one thing I suck at, its lying. Wolf nods in agreement and I mentally let out a sigh of relief.

"Ms. Sutton, Mr. Stark and the other Avengers are about 5 minutes away from reaching the tower." JARVIS said suddenly.

Great, just what I need. I can't let them in! I have a feeling that Tony would be the guy to shoot first, ask questions later when it came to strangers in his home. And what would I tell them? 'Hey guys, so this random boy shows up bleeding in the tower and I let him stay, but it's okay because some ladies in my dream said it was?!?

"JARVIS, lock the lab doors!" I shout, starting to panic. The sliding doors seal close with a metallic click, but I'm still panicking.

"Oh god, they're coming home! How am I going to explain everything?!" I worried out loud. I was losing it. What if they kicked me out? What if they never trusted me again? What if-

My mental rant cut off as Wolf reached for my hand. He was strangely calm in all of this. He gripped my hand tightly, rubbing tiny circles with his thumb. I calmed down slightly.

"I promise Wolf, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. To either of us." I say firmly. Wolf gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

I hear the sudden rush of a jet engine, and a huge metal clank. That must be Tony landing.

"Where's Lila JARVIS, and where's the intruder?!" Tony asked frantically.

"Both Ms. Sutton and the young man are locked inside Dr. Banner's lab sir." I hear the AI reply. For a minute, everything's silent. Then, the doors explode open with a huge bang. Wolf bolts up and yanks me towards him, shielding my body from the explosion with his own. I cautiously peek out from under Wolf's arms. I can faintly see the glowing blue of Tony's ark reactor through the thick dust.

"Tony, is she in there?" I hear Steve ask as him and several other people approach the lab. Tony looks around, and suddenly spots us. His Iron Man mask clinks into place as he aims one of his hand pulsars at us. Wolf tightens his grip on me.

"Let her go bub, or I'll blow you to Kingdom Come." Tony threatens in a low voice. His hand suddenly powers up. I break out of Wolf's arms, and hold my ground in front of him.

"Tony, wait! He didn't hurt me! I found him injured in the tower and I was treating him!" I yell frantically. Tony still has his hand aimed at Wolf's head. I'm surprised at Wolf. This entire time, he hasn't flinched or backed down once, even now as Tony threatens to blow him up.

Tony suddenly puts down his hand. I let out a sigh of relief and walk towards Tony.

"Now Cap!" Tony suddenly yells, grabbing me and holding me tight. I fight to break loose, but Tony's suit has me barricaded in like iron bars.

"No!" I scream as I see Steve, Clint and Natasha rush towards Wolf. Clint and Steve try to grab his arms, but Wolf reacts quickly, hitting both men straight in the face. Natasha pulls out one of her guns and aims it at Wolf's head, but Wolf kicks it out of her hand. He fights with precision and skill. But even if he's a modern warrior, he's still injured. I can see the bandage across his abdomen slowly becoming more and more red. I can't just watch anymore. If I wait a second longer, he'll either be killed or kill himself.

"ENOUGH!" I scream loudly. I let my entire body become engulfed in flames. Tony jumps back and releases me, which is what I was hoping for.

"Lila, please, you don't understand, he's-" Tony starts to say, but he gets cut off as Wolf falls to his knees with a groan.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

CLIFFHANGER!! Please don't kill me! I'm sorry that this update is so late, things are a little crazy for me right now. I'm in the middle of moving, and got my laptop taken away for three days. How do you guys like Wolf so far? Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Follow!!

-Your late Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

290K 5.4K 26
When Peter gets a call for help, the team may or may not end up finding out about his twin sister. Maddie quickly forms a close relationship with the...
211K 5.6K 19
Running since the age of 8. It's been 6 years since then, 6 long years... She's been hacking from the moment she escaped HYDRA. She won't stop until...
466K 13.3K 23
Emma Sauger is just an ordinary girl. Well, if ordinary could be considered being a supreme hacker, and know-it-all when it comes to the Avengers. Bu...
40.2K 1K 19
Hydra unleashes the most deadly agent they have to kill and distroy everyone in sheild. But little does hydra know she isnt as broken as they think s...