You'll Never Know

By SimplyAWriter_D

Broken...A word Alex Mathews never really understood. Alex was always the happy, popular, confidant girl. Tha... More

You'll Never Know
New Home
First Day In Hell
Midnight
Secrets
A Terrifying Discovery
The Obvious
Weird Things
Guess Who's Back
Baby?!
I know you remember me!
My Baby
Out In The Open
Realization
Encounters with the past
A Chance
Secret Meeting
Explanations
Freak Out
An exhausting day
Not Ready To Make Nice
what I've done
Take Care Of Her
Broken Mate
A New Start
An Alliance
He's Not Sane
Closure

I'll Be There For You

102K 1.6K 100
By SimplyAWriter_D

It had been three days since my first day at school and things weren'y getting better. I became friends with Elena and Kyle and Tyler were the same. Logan was the nicest, he offered me a seat with him at lunch but I noticed his friends were looking at me disgustingly so I didn't want to bother him with defending me, he did enough of that at home with Kyle.

Susan had given me a diary to keep, It had a number lock. At first it was wierd but then I actually got used to it. I started to write every night and it was a relief to get everything out. Elena was great but I told her I never wanted to talk about the subject so she didn't. I heard my phone ring and saw it was my mom, I answered.

 "Hey mom" I said

 "Hello how are you?" it was amazing how she used her 'business' tone with me.

 "Fine u?"

 "I'm good. Listen dear the police said they have a lead on your case" I froze when she said that "You might have to ID them and then if it goes to court you'll have to testify"

 "W-what do you mean?" I asked

 "You know go in front of a judge and jury and say what happened" she said in a 'duh' tone and I felt the need to hit her. Did she think it was that easy? I still couldn't say it out loud much less in front of people

 "N-no, no mom I don't want to"

 "Do you want them to stay free?" she asked, I stayed silent. No they couldn't stay free to do that to some one else

 "No" I admitted

 "Then it's settled bye dear" she hung up before I had the chance to answer. Could I really do it? Tell people what happened?

 "So what does mommy dearest want that you don't?" I heard Kyle's voice at my door

 "Way to knock" I said dryly, I'd had enough of him these past few days. He was making my life a living HELL with Tyler and I was more mad at him, because we used to be best friends and now it's like he doesn't care anymore "And it's non of your business"

He walked towards my bed and sat on the edge of it, making me move to the far end of it. I was like that these days and mostly Logan noticed. At first he'd try to greet me with a hug but each time I'd cringe away. He was confused as to why but I never told him.

 "Jesus Al I'm not going to kill you here" Kyle said annoyed "what are you afraid of guys" he rolled his eyes. YES  my mind was screaming

 "What do you want Kyle?" I asked rudely. He never really gave me the time of day at home.

 "There's a party tonight and mom told me to take you so get dressed" he said without even looking at me.

 "I don't want to go. Go alone" he shrugged

 "Mom said I don't go without you, something about you finding friends"

 "NO" I said firmly, in one second his arm grabbed my wrist. I felt a wave of heat course through me before fear took over and I yanked my arm away.

 "Don't touch me--" I glared

 "Look call that geeky friend of yours and go" he got off the bed and left. I thought about it and decided to ask Elena, she had said she was bored and maybe going with her wouldn't be so bad. 

I called Elena and she was excited so I ended up going in the same clothes I wore to school. I wasn't about to get dressed up, not for a long time. Five minutes later we were in Logan's car heading over to Elena's house to pick her up.

 "Thanks for picking me up guys" Elena said getting into the back seat with me, suddenly Kyle turned and glared at us.

 "look we're only taking you because mom said so. So don't talk to us the rest of the evening Geeks" he snarled and I couldn't help but think Where the hell did the old Kyle go? because this Kyle was not My best friend.

 "Shut up bro and listen to music" Logan said chuckling as he turned up the radio and started flipping through the channels

 "Al, Kyle. Tell me you remember this." Logan said excited as he turned the volume up. I didn't need to think about it I instantly recognised the song.

You see, Logan, Kyle and I went through a 'friends' phase. No seriously FRIENDS as in the show. We loved the song so we decided to download it and it kind of ended up being our theme song. I hadn't heard it in so long.

 "Come on Al you have to remember it" Logan said as he started humming the tune and then sang "So no one told you life was gonna be this way. You're job's a joke, you're broke, you're love life's D.O.A." I laughed as the words came back to me and Logan kept singing "It's like your always stuck in second gear and when it hasn't been your day, or week, or month or even your year but" I laughed and sang with him

 "I'll be there for you (when the rain starts to pour)" we sang together and I thought I heard Kyle mumble the words in a low voice 

 "I'll be there for you (like I've been there before)" Yup he was definitely singing with us and not in a low voice anymore

 "I'll be there for you(cause you're there for me too)" We continued singing the song at the top of our lungs while laughing and when the song ended we kept on laughing. Kyle glanced back with a smile for, I think, the first time since I came. He was laughing and smiling like the old Kyle. My kyle, my best friend. But his smile faded in a matter of seconds.

 "you guys really are like the three musketeers" Elena joked, I'd told her how close we all were and she couldn't believe Kyle used to be nice.

 "Hell yeah we were unstoppable" Logan joked and I saw Elena blush...wait...blush? I'd have to ask her about that later. We got to the party and we all got out. I took Elena's hand and dragged her away from Kyle and Tyler before they could say or do anything. I mean having a dink thrown over you more than once kind of gets tiring.

 "Wanna dance?" Elena asked but I shook my head.

 "Nops I don't dance" At least not anymore I just wanted to get through this party and go home.

 "Fine then here" she tossed me a coke. "what else can we do" I smiled and felt grateful that she didn't push me into dancing. Elena was understanding. "Oh look truth or dare" she took my hand

 "Come on" she dragged me

 "i'm not sure this is a good idea El" she frowned at me

 "Come on Alex you could always choose Truth" she said and I nodded after I thought about it. They'd think I was a coward but I couldn't care less.

We sat in a circle as the bottle was spun a couple of times, sometimes people would choose truth and get asked random questions or dare and they'd be dared to kiss someone or take a shirt off. I noticed Kyle and Tyler sitting with us and I suddenly wanted to leave but El didn't want to.

After the fifth spin the bottle landed on me and....Oh shit...Tyler.

 "Truth or dare doll face" he said and I froze. Doll face. That's what he said before....Shrug it off Alex  I told myself Don't give him the satisfaction I nodded to myself

 "Truth" I said and I could tell he seemed a bit disappointed. He thought about it for a bit

 "Have you ever been with a guy?" he asked

 "of course I've had boyfriends you know" It was a stupid question before...all this happened I was pretty popular. I had boyfriends, only three but I only go out with guys that seem decent, not just hot. Which, in new york city is hard to find.

 "No Idiot" Kyle said rolling his eyes. "I think the question was if you were a virgin" he smirked at me but I had frozen. El, who was sitting across from me, was wide-eyed with her mouth hanging open.

 "I-I" I started desperate to say I was. "Um.."

 "So you're NOT" Tyler said with an evil grin, I noticed Kyle stared at me in shock. "Who's the fool that popped the Geek's cherry?" I looked at him, my bottom lip quivering but the tears wouldn't come. it seemed the tears just disappeared after the first day of school. I found myself numb and couldn't cry even if I wanted to.

 "Yeah Alex tell us who?" Kyle said smirking but I saw anger in his features. I was in a daze, frozen, and I didn't know what to do.

 "Come on Alex" El came to the rescue and helped me up. "Let's go" she put an arm around my shoulder and we walked away ignoring the boos and 'coward' yells from behind

 I gently lifted up the sleeve of my shirt and looked at the bruises. Some were a yellowish color now but they were all still visible.

 "Are you okay?" El asked me but I didn't look up to see her. I kept staring at the bruises and suddenly I felt nauseated, I clamped a hand on my mouth and ran outside since I didn't know where the bathroom was. I puked behind a tree as El held my hair. What was wrong with me? I was never the person to puke. 

 "Al?" I heard someone say. I turned around when I finally could and saw Logan standing next to a couple friends, a look of concern on his face "Are you okay?" I couldn't answer him because I was puking again. After a few minutes and a cup of water Logan brought for me I finally stopped puking.

 "We should go" Logan said "'ll go find Kyle" He left and El sat beside me

 "I souldn't have made you play that stupid game" she looked at me apologetically "i'm sorry"

 "It wasn't your fault" I took another sip of the water "How would you know Tyler would ask that?"

 "he's an ass" she said after a while and I nodded as Kyle ad Logan walked up to us.

 "let's go." We all got in the car. I expected Kyle to say some snotty remark on how I ruined the party, but he didn't. In fact, he didn't even look at me, not once, just kept glaring and didn't speak till we got home and he rushed to his room.

I sat in my room a while later just writing out my frustration in my diary when Kyle just came barging in the room.

 "Who was it?" He asked. I swear if he was a cartoon his eyes would have fell from their sockets

 "What?" I asked

 "Who did you sleep with? I thought you said you were planning on saving yourself for 'the right one'" he made air quotes "We swore on it" I flinched, we did swear on it. And a swear between us was sacred.

 "Don't tell me you haven't slept with any girl" I said trying to change the subject but he just stayed silent, glaring at me.

 "you haven't?" I asked

 "No" he said quietly.

 "Why?" I asked

 "I should ask you. Why did you break the swear. Because you moved it didn't matter anymore?" He raised his voice at every word and I had to fight the urge to crumble to pieces. You know what? You're a slut. What you couldn't wait till you found the perfect guy. I bet it was just some random dude on a drunk night wasn't it" Each of these words was like a slap in the face. How dare he?

 "You know nothing" I said and walked to my bed "Go"

 "Yeah I will, I'm too disgusted to even look at you you slut" he said before leaving. I stared at the door. how could he think that?He had no right. No fucking right to talk to me like that. It was settled, I officially hated Kyle Blake.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.6K 605 29
She wanted revenge for her for her sister and she knew the perfect way to get it so that she would hurt the people that did them wrong. But it didn't...
195K 3.5K 42
Emma is just like every other teenage girl. She is well known by administrators as well as students at Dalton Highschool and she has always gotten go...
185K 5.8K 56
... I didn't know what to do... so I did nothing. There I was, sprawled onto the ground. Just looking at the sky. Wishing... praying... pleading that...
4.8K 172 47
"I can promise you to treat you right. I can promise you everything you need. But I can't ever promise you that I'll be ok." Nearly a week after Harr...