Cupcake Kisser

By _Echo_8

Lawson has always loved baking sweet treats. Specifically, cupcakes. He loves them so much... that he talks t... More

Chapter 2 - Fairy
Authors Note :(
Chapter 3 - Emilee
Chapter 4 - Demi-bear

Cupcake Kisser

2.7K 28 2
By _Echo_8

Just to let you know, this IS a gay romance, between two GAY males, who WILL have GAY relations at some point. If you don't like it, please don't read it. I would really hate to have to get nasty with one of my readers for such a pointless reason.

This is not my first time writing a story on Wattpad, but it will the first one that I will be serious about, followed by the two others that I am currently working on as well. If someone would be willing to edit this for me, and/or possibly one of my others, I would be extremely grateful.

ENJOY :)

______________________________________________________________________________________

The smell of burnt cupcakes was what woke Demetrie from his morning slumber. Groaning in annoyance, he turned onto his side and covered his ears, as the obnoxious 'BEEP!' of the fire alarm echoed through the pantry. Yes, the pantry.

Demetrie was one of those people that had to get at least twelve hours of sleep a day to be able to function correctly for the other twelve hours, but having a mother that woke up at six a.m. tended to disturb him constantly. His only choice was to make up for those missed hours of shut-eye in the quietest part of the shop, the pantry. Sure, there was always staff coming in and out, grabbing bits and pieces, but everyone was smart enough to know not to disturb the sleeping panther in the corner.

It was his jet black hair that earned him that nickname: Panther. His tart attitude and and cat like actions probably had something to do with it as well, even though it was only his friends that ever called him Panther.

"Demetrie!"

Flinching, he turned his head to face the now open pantry door, where his mother was standing in the doorway. His mother was a tiny woman, barely five foot tall, so she wasn't really all that menacing. Plus, the bright blond, curly heap on the top of her head made her look instead like an angry cupcake. Well, doesn't that fit. Deplorably, Demetrie had already had enough experience with the angry version of his mother, and it never turned out good. So, having her stand here with her arms crossed over her chest, her usually pale and pudgy face bright red, only brought worry to him. He felt that horrible urge to need to cover his privates.

"You fell asleep while baking, AGAIN!"

Oh.

"How many times do I have to tell you to just go to bed earlier?! At this rate, you're going to burn down the whole shop! Now, thanks to you, half of today's supply has to go in the trash, and poor Lawson is stuck to clean up your mess!"

Looking past his mother's displeased glare, he caught sight of Lawson standing behind her, his arms awkwardly hanging at his sides. It was obvious just how uncomfortable he was being in the middle of the argument. Demetrie wanted to laugh as Lawson shifted from foot to foot, rubbing his forearm. Demetrie's mother didn't even notice, continuing to nag on him about letting the cupcakes burn.

Why should he care? He didn't even like cupcakes anyway. He hated sweet things. It's not like he was working in his parent's bakery by choice, and they knew it! It was silly of them to believe that their love of sweets would be passed down to him just because he was their son. It was already clear that they both liked Lawson better anyway, couldn't they just take the little brat and leave him alone?

"Demetrie!"

Again, he snapped back to reality at his mothers stern voice. He really needed to stop spacing out like that. This is why he needed his sleep.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm on it mother..." He grumbled, wincing as his bones cracked from standing up. With an exasperated sigh, he made his way down the old hallway, yawning as he went. It wasn't much of a sight, dark walls, dark hard-wood floors all scratched up from the dogs, but the hallway always crept people out. Demetrie wasn't sure why, for it didn't effect him at all, but he had caught Lawson cowering at the entry way many a times, scared of walking down it. Yes, it was a long dark hallway with barely any doors, but that didn't mean that it was haunted.

He hadn't noticed that Lawson had disappeared from behind his mother until Demetrie stepped in the kitchen doorway. And there he was, the freak.

Standing with his back to Demetrie, was Lawson, a very burnt cupcake in his hands. Though Demetrie couldn't hear what it was that he was saying, he was able to hear a small murmuring coming from Lawson's mouth towards the cupcake. Yes, the cupcake. See, Demetrie had noticed something about Lawson after so many years of working in the same room with him. He talks to his sweet treats - talks.

He had decided a while ago that it was never really any of his business, as long as he did his work, he didn't really care how it was that he did it. But he couldn't just accept it as normal. Hence, the freak.

To be honest, the two had never actually spoken more than a first hello to each other, maybe an apology here and there for bumps and knocks, so Demetrie didn't actually have anything else to go off of, but it was enough for him. The panther was, in fact, a lone animal.

What probably annoyed Demetrie most, was the air around the kid. Lawson reminded him of a little lost kitten that just liked to play around. A kitten that really really liked cupcakes. From what he had seen, Lawson loved sweets, especially cupcakes. The care that he had when he made each batch, how precise he was with everything; the complete opposite of the panther now staring blankly in the doorway.

Why was he staring? He had no idea. He had determined Lawson not much to look at. He was bland looking, as he had heard the girls in their school say. His blond, obviously straightened hair, just made him look even more like a girl, not to mention those weird contacts that he wears. Normally, you wouldn't be able to notice that his brown eyes were fake, but he remembered one of the guys on his team mentioning seeing the twerp changing them out in the bathroom one day. Now that he thought about it, he had never seen Lawson around any girl. The only friends he seemed to have were those two guys that came into the shop to see him sometimes. Though Demetrie didn't like them, they were always sure to buy a few cupcakes for the bakery. Maybe the little brat was gay...

Why was he even thinking about this in the first place? Demetrie shook his head, clearing the useless thoughts from his head. There was no point in thinking so much about some useless kid.

Demetria still hadn't moved from the kitchen doorway, so as Lawson turned with a plate of cupcakes in his hands, he bumped face first into the panthers chest. For a moment, the two just stared at each other. Demetrie's eyes were analyzing, giving Lawson a quick, annoyed, once over.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!"

It was weird, hearing the kitten speak, especially to him.

Lawson reached up and gently took the cupcake that Demetrie had in his hand from him, placing it back on the plate, but that was it. Still, the two just stood there, looking at each other.

It took a moment, but they snapped out of it after a while they looked away. The kitten's cheeks flashed a shade a pink, causing Demetrie to raise an eyebrow at him, but that was the only communication that followed.

Demetrie continued with what he was doing, pushing past Lawson to make his way over to one of the many ovens in the room, preheating it for the cupcakes that he attempted earlier. He figured that he may as well get to work on remaking them before his mother decided to get back on his case again. When he glanced back over his shoulder, Lawson was gone, probably out to the shop to put the treats in the display cases.

It didn't take long for Demetrie to remake the cupcakes; after all, he had been doing this kind of thing since he was born. When he was done, he carried them out on a platter to place in the shop, where he once again ran into the little kitten. This time, thank god, the running into each other wasn't quite so literal.

Lawson was standing behind the counter, leaned in awfully close to one of his buddies on the other side. The two seemed to be in a rather heated conversation with each other; their noses nearly touching as they whispered frantically to one another.

Demetrie went to turn around, hoping to give them a bit of privacy, but his foot caught on the edge of the door, causing him to drop the plate of cupcakes in his hands and grip his foot, spewing out a multitude of curses from his mouth.

"STUPID FUCKER! HOLY FUCKING SHIT- WHAT THE FUCKING HELL. SON OF A-!"

He paused in his ranting as he heard some snicker behind him. Slowly, he turned on his undamanged foot to see Lawson and his freaky tall friend covering their mouths in what they hoped was silent laughter.

The panther's eyes narrowed in hatred, his gaze mainly directed on the name-less friend that had the nerve to laugh at him. He contemplated going over there and giving the tall guy a piece of his mind, but one glance at his now swollen and bleeding toe told him that it wouldn't be one of his best idea.

"Oh shut it, fag." He growled instead, leaning back against the door.

It wasn't until after the words left his mouth that saying them probably wasn't one of his best ideas either.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 9.5K 32
Princess Marie, a renowned troublemaker of Paris has entered the Ton. Marriage, children and any prospect of love have always been a ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ง...
34.3K 2.7K 30
Denique is an innocent virgin girl who met the young don and fell inlove. Read to find out more๐Ÿ“š
25.9K 842 18
[ONGOING ๐Ÿ”ž] #8 insanity :- Wed, May 15, 2024. #2 yanderefanfic :- Sat, May 18, 2024. After y/n became an orphan, she had to do everything by herself...
570K 50.9K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...