For the Love of the Law

By Purplepaises1

----| "What are you going to do? Arrest me again?" I challenged him, watching as his icy blue eyes flashed wi... More

Prologue
Chapter One | You Look Like A Reece
Chapter Two | I'm A Sweet Tooth Kind Of Guy
Chapter Three | Door Knockers Are Always the Better Catches
Chapter Four | Playing Detective
Chapter Five | Diner Discussions
Chapter Six | I Think I've Got The Right One
Chapter Seven | Officer Fucking Flynn
Chapter Eight | Supermarket Stalking
Chapter Nine | House Call
Chapter Eleven | So...friends?
Chapter Twelve | Mr. Emotionless
Chapter Thirteen | You Can't Just Pay For My Groceries
Chapter Fourteen | The Reveal
Chapter Fifteen | Stranger Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen | Can You Come Clean My Apartment?
Chapter Seventeen | Just Use Protection
Chapter Eighteen | Just Like The Movies
Chapter Nineteen | Definition Of Awkward = My Life
Chapter Twenty | Time To Be Cool
Chapter Twenty One | When It Comes To Underwear, I'm Ambidextrous
Chapter Twenty Two | Storm
Chapter Twenty Three | Uncle Stan Knows
Chapter Twenty Four | Fight Club
Chapter Twenty Five | Gotta Love Family
Chapter Twenty Six | My Heart Was Playing Pinball With All My Other Organs
Chapter Twenty Seven | I Think That's A Big Fucking Diamond
Chapter Twenty Eight | We're Just Right, Together
Chapter Twenty Nine | Here's To Us And Our Shitty Mums
Chapter Thirty | Dinner Confessions
Chapter Thirty One | Up Shit Creek Without A Paddle
Chapter Thirty Two | Your Stuff Is My Stuff
Chapter Thirty Three | Kitchen Counter
Chapter Thirty Four | Police Visit
Chapter Thirty Five | I'd Believe In You
Chapter Thirty Six | Make You Choose
Chapter Thirty Seven | This Isn't A Good Time
Chapter Thirty Eight | Absolutely Fucking Bonkers Crazy
Chapter Thirty Nine | We Must Be The Pedophile And The Rugrat
Chapter Forty | Your Style
Epilogue | My Idea Of Perfection

Chapter Ten | Hot Greetings

10.4K 280 9
By Purplepaises1

"Are you home alone?" His voice was low, inviting, such a change from what it was not two seconds ago when I swore he was going to rip my head off for following two known gang members in my car at night.

When I phrased it like that, I suppose it did sound ridiculously stupid.

"No, Marley's in the shower upstairs." I said, frowning as Flynn stared down at me with his intense blue eyes, his mouth slowly starting to form a dangerous grin. I couldn't help but admire what he looked like with the moon as a backlight, his black hair ruffled and short, the slight tremor of wind playing with the strands on the top of his head, the night glow enhancing his tanned skin, his eyes glowing.

And then, he pushed me inside and shut the door, then turned to look at me with a full shit eating grin that was 50% danger, 50% promise.

"What are you doing-" I wondered out loud, slightly shocked, but he just shook his head and stepped closer, blocking my view to the door, his shoulders looked that large.

"Flynn-" I tried again, getting a little flustered. Marley had just gotten in the shower, and he took like twenty minutes, so it wasn't like he would appear suddenly to help me out here with this police officer turned predator.

Because that's what Flynn was tonight. A predator.

And the bastard knew I didn't have any help. I was stuck. What was he even doing-

Big hands settled on my hips, my heart jack hammering and taking off like the kid who didn't hear the start gun in a sprinting race and had to run extra fast to catch up.

And I didn't even get a chance to open my mouth and say anything, when he lowered his head, and pressed his lips to mine.

Was I dreaming? Who had taken over Flynn's body and- oh, god, he knew how to kiss. Before I knew it, I had my hands trailing up to his shoulders as I responded to his kiss, his lips moving persausavely against mine. They were soft, warm, and parted my mouth in a matter of half a minute as my hands gripped his neck and pulled him in closer, his hands tightening against my hips, aligning our bodies as I gasped at the feeling of his belt digging into my stomach.

He didn't miss the opportunity, his tongue slipped into my mouth and that's when I knew I was in trouble. Serious trouble.

As he started to move with a greater urgency, his back hit a wall and I didn't even realised we'd moved until I felt the hard surface behind me. Was I complaining? Hell no. I felt crowded, completely surrounded by this guy with the big shoulders and strong arms and thick neck, and the way he pulled my bottom lip in between his teeth, then returned a full assault on my mouth, I was gone.

Lost. Completely out of whack.

It was when I felt one of his hands moving under my shirt, I heard my saving grace call out to me from somewhere far above.

"Harlow! We're shit out of soap, did you get some at the supermarket today?"

My eyes shot open and I gasped, shoving Flynn off me, and quickly gained my bearings. The walls were beige, I was in the entrance way, right. I could see the open plan kitchen from where I stood, and the coat hanger behind Flynn...

Oh god, Flynn.

He wasn't smiling when I looked at him this time. Far from it, actually. He looked confused, angry, frustrated, but it seemed to be aimed at himself. "Flynn-"

"Fuck, that was a mistake, sorry." He hissed, scrubbing his hands through his hair roughly. I opened my mouth again, then closed it, feeling the tiniest bit of hurt at his comment.

"Then why did you do it?"

He stared at me for a long moment, then puffed out a breath and shook his head. "I don't know. I'm sorry, god, that was such a bad thing to do-"

I scoffed, my eyes a little wide with disbelief. "God, it wasn't that bad was it? Way to make a girl feel good, Officer."

"Can you stop calling me Officer? It's getting annoying."

"Oh, I'm sorry, but I'm just doing what you told me to do when you arrested me, Officer."

Flynn glared at me, his intense blue eyes trained directly at my grey ones. I didn't back down, I wouldn't. Looked like he wouldn't either.

"Why are you always so difficult to deal with?" He groaned, rubbing a hand over his face, and it hit me that how he looked, right that second, was how fathers quickly running out of patience looked at their teenage children that wouldn't stop acting out or talking back.

And didn't that get a girl worked up, the guy she was interested in treating her, yet again, like a freaking child.

"Maybe if you stopped making me feel like a fucking invalid four year old, I'd stop being a bitch!"

"Maybe if you stopped acting like a child, I wouldn't have to!"

I stared at Flynn for a long moment. He stared back, anger deeply set in his fiery blue orbs.

"You know what?" I shook my head and laughed bitterly. "If I'm a four year old, then you just sexually abused me. You know what that could do to your career-"

"Harlow!" He said loudly, then lowered his voice, conscience of Marley upstairs. "Look, I was just trying to say that I shouldn't have kissed you, alright?"

"Why?" I spat, hurt taking over my words for a few moments.

"Because I just...shouldn't have."

I opened my mouth to say something probably offensive and rude back, but Marley cut me off again.

"Harlow? Soap?"

"Yeah, I'll bring it up!" I shouted over my shoulder, then turned back to look at Flynn, who was starting to fidget in the entrance way, as if he really wanted to get out of the house.

Well, I wasn't going to try and stop him.

"Fine, whatever." I muttered. "You better leave now."

Flynn turned and looked at my face for a moment, and his expression turned slightly pained as he reached out and stepped towards me. "Harlo-"

"No," I stepped back, shaking my head as I realised I was way more hurt than I'd first anticipated. "You made your point clear. You should get out. Now."

He nodded, dropping his hand. "Okay."

Then, he turned, grabbed the door handle, pulled it open, and slipped out into the cold night. Before he shut it, he paused and turned to me. "If I catch you near the gang hangout again, you're going to be in so much trouble."

"Got it, officer." I muttered, and I swear I heard him mutter a 'fuck', before he was gone, the door clicking back into it's latch quietly as the whole house filled with silence.

Well, wasn't that an interesting experience. And god, what was that heavy feeling in my chest? I rubbed at it, frowning.

Then it hit me. That heavy feeling was hurt. It was pain, and the fact that I'd pretty much put it there was kind of like a fuck-you to my own feelings.

To let Flynn kiss my like that, then listen as he pretty much told me how he regretted it. I could just picture him now, driving around in his cruiser, kicking himself for doing what he did.

But why did he do it? That was why I was so confused. Who came to someone's house late at night to kiss them, then decide afterwards it was a bad idea? Idiots, that who.

Absolute idiots.

And I was one, for letting him get under my skin enough for his denial to hurt a little more than it should.

As I grabbed the soap out of one of the shopping bags I'd sat on the counter when I'd gotten home, I trudged up the stairs as an agreement with my inner self came to me.

I decided then and there that Flynn Morgan was not getting under my skin anymore. It was obvious he didn't want to be there as much as I didn't want him there, and so I was going to fix the problem for both of us. Firstly, I had to admit to myself that I actually did have feelings for him.

Then I had to squash them like a fucking bug.

As I rolled the soap box back and forth in one hand, I decided that from now on out, whenever Flynn was involved, it was going to be on strictly professional terms. And I wasn't planning on seeing him anytime soon, because I was going to stay out of trouble completely.

And there would be no more hot greetings, like that one either. Otherwise he'd lodge himself further into my pores, my heart, and that's when I knew I'd never be the winner in this situation.

I needed to find a boyfriend, or some sort of distraction, too. So I was going to pick Sophie up tomorrow night, and we were going out.

And Officer Morgan could kiss my ass, for all I cared.

* * * *

Sorry it's short! I tried to stretch this out, but I felt like this was a good ending, so enjoy! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 98 17
Y/n is based off of the Indonesian magician and illusionist "The Sacred Riana." Completed
4K 143 32
Ashlyn Greene has seen the gang life from a very young age, precisely from the day her best friend died. She has been with the one boy as he climbed...
2.2K 112 20
It would be better for her if I kept my distance, but there is a gravitational pull yanking me back and I'm fucking selfish. I won't stay away from h...
1.3M 80.1K 36
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...