Ex Wife

By funnybunny_lol15

Daniel and Catherine were forced into marriage. A month later they divorced. What Daniel didn't know, was th... More

One
Two
Three
Four
*Important*
Another Important*
Six

Five

30.2K 873 68
By funnybunny_lol15

Catherine's pov

Oh darn! Darn darn darn!

What is Daniel doing here?!

Gulping, I turned around slowly and smiled tightly at Daniel.

He raised his eyebrow and stared at me.

"I didn't know you were going to be here, Mrs Locket." He said, smiling.

Bipolar.

Not answering him, I look down to see a little girl Mattie's age, holding onto his arm.

"Danny, who is she?" She tugged on his hand and whispered.

Daniel looked at her and chuckled, looking back at me.

"Mama, why is he here?" Mattie asked me, tugging on my own arm.

"I..." I start.

"Catherine, meet my niece Sierra." Daniel spoke up, coming over and sitting in the Emory seat next to me.

He pulled his niece on his lap.

"So, how are you enjoying the day?" Daniel asked.

Mattie looked at his angrily.

If I stayed, Mattie would probably throw ice cream at him, so I better leave. 

"It's fine. Excuse me but we need to leave." I answer Daniel stiffly and grab Mattie's hand, pulling him from his seat.

His hands were sticky from the ice cream.

"Wait, why? Stay a while. We just got here." Daniel said quickly and stood up with his niece who looked confused.

"No, I need to leave. I left something in the oven this morning and I need to take it out already." I shook my head, making a lie up on the spot.

He smirked.

"Your a terrible lier, Mrs Locket." Daniel told me.

"Am not." I huff.

"Come on, let's just enjoy the rest of the day together. Besides, I think Sierra would like to play with Mattie." Daniel argued.

"I'm a mother, Daniel. I can't just go with other men someplace." I say coldy, glaring at him.

He looked a bit taken aback.

"Right. I forgot your married. So where's your husband anyways? You didn't just come here alone, did you?" Daniel asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

Maggie's grip on my hand tightened.

I was speechless.

"He's.... He is at work." I explain, thinking up something.

"Oh...he works a lot doesn't he? Who is he though?" Daniel asked.

I guess he believed my lie...

"Don't worry about it. It's none of your business anyways." I answered stiffly.

He nodded.

"Sorry." He said.

"Have a good day, then." I say before turning around and dragging Mattie with me.

"Mama he upset you didn't he?" Mattie pouted, staring up at me.

I gave him a tired smile.

"No Mattie no. I just don't like him, that's all." I tell him.

"I think he has a crush on you, mama." Mattie laughed.

"I have papa, remember?" I roll my eyes playfully.

"Yeah, next time I will see that man, I will tell him you love papa." Mattie said, smiling happily.

"No Mattie. You will do no such thing." I say quickly and sternly.

"Why not?" He asked.

"Because..." I trail off.

:::Flashback:::

"I love you Cathy." Erik whispered in my ear.

"I love you too." I whispered back.

"I can't wait until our wedding day." He said, smiling against my ear.

Turning around to face him, I smiled back.

"I can't wait too, Erik. We'll finally be together forever." I say, kissing his cheek.

He kissed my forehead after I finished panting a sloppy kiss on his soft cheek.

"Get some sleep, Cathy. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow." He told me.

Nodding I closed my eyes and smiled against his warm chest, snuggling under the blankets further.

Little did I know how big of a day tomorrow would be....

:::Flashback Over:::

"Mama?"

"Mama!"

"Mama!! Hey!"

Shaking myself out of it, I looked down to see Mattie frowning up at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Mama my hands are sticky." He told me.

Chuckling, I pick him up and and carry him to the bathrooms.

*Daniel's pov*

I'm such an idiot!

She's married for gods sake!

So why am j hitting on her?

And why do I feel this weird attraction to her?

I'm not supposed to like her anyways. She my ex!

Well...it doesn't feel like she's my ex though.

We've only been married for a month.

And now I realize how little I know about her.

I need to find out more. I want to get to know her.

She's sort of a strange woman too.

Catherine always avoids talking about her husband. But why?

And who is he anyways?

I need to take a closer look at her file.

'Cathy Locket, I'm gonna find out what your hiding. And I'm gonna find out who replaced me with you.' I thought to myself.

"Uncle Danny? I wanna ride the ponies." Wined Sierra, pulling at my arm.

"Huh? Oh hmm...ugh. Sure hing sweetie." I shake out of it.

"Yay! Come on uncle. Hurry." Sierra yells, laughing.

I chuckle at her lively spirit.

"Ok ok, squirt." I say and follow right behind her.

I guess since I've brought her here, I have to finish the day with her.

**

Ok, sorry guys I haven't updated in such a long time.

I'm glad you all liked my book and commented nice things.

This chapter is a bit shorter, but I promise my other chapters will be much longer than this one.

Thanks.

:-D
:-D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248K 28.2K 72
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. 🔥❤️ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...
1.4M 103K 41
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
162K 12.5K 34
Her marriage was fixed which was an arrange marriage but she moved to London for pursuing her career and dreams and after that she would marry. But i...
522K 7.8K 32
Rajveer is not in love with Prachi and wants to take revenge from her . He knows she is a virgin and is very peculiar that nobody touches her. Prachi...